Start by marking “Saving Lord Verwood (The Three Disgraces, #3)” as Want to Read:
Saving Lord Verwood (The Three Disgraces, #3)

Saving Lord Verwood (The Three Disgraces #3)

SAVING LORD VERWOOD, the third in Elena Greene’s “Three Disgraces” series, was originally published as a Signet Regency, became an RT Book Club Top Pick and winner of the Phoenix Desert Rose Golden Quill. Length: about 75,000 words (220 pages). Sensuality: kisses, several sex scenes.

Penelope Talcott distrusts Lord Verwood, a notorious rake who’s meddled in the lives of her
ebook
Published December 30th 2011 by Elena Greene through Smashwords (first published May 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Lord Verwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Lord Verwood

Amanda Caswell
The third and last novel in Greens' Three Disgraces series, I found it the most engaging. The heroine is sweet, the hero willing to learn and change, and the relationship between them blossoms most satisfactorily. The attempted murders are a little bizarre and connected by a truly thin thread, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the story.
Linda C
Penelope Talcott is in Brighton with her aunt and uncle for the Season despite her having an understanding with the local curate at home. While returning from sketching one day she falls in the path of Lord Verwood's horse. Verwood has a bad reputation that he is trying to clean up and Penelope has sympathy for his predicament. When an attempt on his life occurs, Pen tries to help figure out who's behind it. Inadvertently Pen's reputation is being smeared by their association. Her curate and her ...more
O.
Aug 08, 2013 O. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-collection
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

A charming regency story that was paced just right with some mystery and an adorable romance between the two main characters. I haven't read the first two books in the trilogy, but it did not hamper my understanding of the story and what could have possibly happened before. I will make an effort to read the two previous books to see the development of Lord Verwood. I'm happy to read he got his HEA.
Sabrina
Mar 15, 2012 Sabrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! People really want to kill Verwood! It got a bit ridiculous by the end with all the killing attempts but nonetheless, it was a sweet love story with very mild sex scenes. I recommend it for light entertainment after reading something dark or heavy or upsetting.
Would have liked the love scenes to be a bit more descriptive and juicy but that is just personal preference.
Lesleya
I loved this third in the Three Disgraces Series. Ms.Greene takes the hero from being the villain in both prior books to being completely sympathetic and wonderfully written. Be sure to read this in the order it was meant to be ready so you get the full build-up of Lord Verwood's character turnaround!
Jane
Apr 25, 2014 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the best of the three books in the series. The characters were more fully developed, and more likable, to me. It was a fun read and a great distraction, which is exactly the reason I read it.
Barbara
Jul 28, 2013 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again A great read. I have not got to read the second in the series though I was able to read this one just fine. It has piqued my interest as to all that went on the second book. Will have to break down and buy it. I would recommend Elena Greene as a great read.!!!! not just a good read.
Dulce M.
Dulce M. rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Lisa Jacox
Lisa Jacox rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2016
Gelthling
Gelthling rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Remina Reyes
Remina Reyes rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Sahara
Sahara rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2012
Rachael Beggs
Rachael Beggs rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Barbara A.Gothrick
Barbara A.Gothrick rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Mariela
Mariela rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Satu
Satu rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Susan rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2012
Michelle
Mar 25, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
By far my favorite of the three.
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2012
Shari Davis
Shari Davis rated it did not like it
Nov 02, 2015
Naughty Librarian
Naughty Librarian rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2013
Amélie
Amélie rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2013
Ardis
Ardis rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Cherry
Cherry rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2012
Shilpa
Shilpa rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Tracy Low
Tracy Low rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 08, 2015 12:21PM
  • Lord Rakehell
  • Unforgiven (Horsemen Trilogy, #2)
  • A Counterfeit Christmas Summons (Regency Seasons, #1)
  • The Spinster's Secret (Midnight Quill, #2)
  • The Last Rogue (Regency Quartet, #4)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • An Affair of Interest
  • A Bride For Christmas (Regency Christmas Brides, #1)
  • The Mistress At Midnight (Midnight Masquerade, #3)
  • The Earl Next Door
  • The Brothers Sinister: The Complete Boxed Set
  • The Fifth Kiss
  • Amber (The Jewel Trilogy, #3)
  • Two Turtledoves (The House of Renwick)
  • The Wicked Lord Montague (Castonbury Park #1)
  • Scandalous Virtue (The Saint of Seven Dials, #0)
  • The Wedding Duel (Dueling Pistols, #1)
  • Mr. Darcy's Christmas
Elena Greene grew up reading anything she could lay her hands on, including her mother's Georgette Heyer novels. She also enjoyed writing but decided to pursue a more practical career in software engineering. Fate intervened when she was sent on a three year international assignment to England, where she was inspired to start writing romances set in the Regency.

Her books have won the National Rea
More about Elena Greene...

The Three Disgraces (3 books)
  • The Incorrigible Lady Catherine (The Three Disgraces, #1)
  • The Redwyck Charm (The Three Disgraces, #2)

“I suppose I should know better than to listen to gossip,” she said, feeling a prick of remorse.

“Oh, some of it is true enough. I am a rake, my dear. You will just have to reform me.”

“That is ridiculous! No one can reform another person. If you wish to change your way of life, you must do it yourself.”
0 likes