Start by marking “Creepy Christmas” as Want to Read:
Creepy Christmas

Creepy Christmas

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Strange things are occurring in the neighbourhood. A mysterious snowfall, one Santa too many, and eyes of coal that watch you wherever you go.

Ten-year-old Kaity is busy trying to get rid of her mum's creepy new boyfriend and reunite her divorced parents, but her curiosity gets the better of her when she meets the new mall Santa and his enchanting daughter Blizzard. Can Kai
Published November 15th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Creepy Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creepy Christmas

Richard
Ten-year-old Kaity (no that isn't a typo) is devastated when her parents separate and her mother invites someone she met via the Internet to come and stay with them. Thankfully she can still see her dad at the mall, where he works as a security guard. And she makes friends with a very charismatic Santa and his remarkable assistant. But things get downright weird when snowmen start popping up out of nowhere, another Santa appears at the mall and toys start doing odd things. The chances of of a go ...more
Holly
Originally reviewed for Bookaholic Confessions
Poor ten-year-old Kaity is having a bit of a rough time of things at the moment. Her parents have just split up and her Mum has moved her weird new boyfriend (who she met on the internet – imagine! He could be anybody…) in with her and her younger sister.
Missing her Dad, the one thing Kaity wants for Christmas this year is for her parents to get back together, but things are looking bleak. Or at least they are until she meets the new Santa Claus wor
Ana (Read Me Away)

This review was originally posted on Read Me Away.

This book is not really "creepy," as it's more about Kaity's family, and the spirit of Christmas. Sure, the creepier parts are slightly unsettling, but not something in the way of real horror. If you're not into horror, don't worry. I'm a total chicken when it comes to horror and I liked this book. Admans' humour shines through her writing, and this book is a fun quick read. I wouldn't really classify it as for children as there are some things t
Bahar
Kaity is ten years old. She is trying to get ride of her mom's boyfriend and reunite her divorced parents. One day she meets the Santa and her daughter Blizzard. She helped them to save the Christmas by being destroyed by Anti Clause. Who wanted to change the Christmas in the whole world. But Santa, Blizzard, Kaity, and her father didn't let him and his helper do this. His helper was Kaity's mom's boyfriend. Her mom find out that it wasn't real lov between them, and again Kaity's dad came home ...more
Rebecca
This is the second Jaimie Admans book I have read and I love it just as much as the other one. Jaimie has a way of making her readers identify with the characters and events in her book whilst also making it out of this world in an almost “you couldn't make it up” kind of way.

In this book Kaity and her sister are in the middle of their parent's divorce and this sets the foreground for some of the events in the book. It's brilliantly paced with a mixture of events which you may or may not see com
Skye
Kaity and her little sister Pippa are faced with the possibility of the worst Christmas ever. Their parents have just had a bitter divorce and the girls miss having their dad at home. Mom and dad are fighting and their kids are often in the middle. And worst of all, Mom's sudden new internet boyfriend Seth has moved in for a few weeks. Not to mention the overnight appearance of a mysterious battalion of identical snowmen who move when no one is watching. Turns out that divorce is the least of Ka ...more
Christine H
Creepy Christmas is a very quick and enjoyable read. Every chapter has some bit of action in it and often ends with a cliffhanger that you just can’t help but read the next one, and the next one, and the next … until you’ve come to the crisis and climax and you just have to know how it all turns out! Kaity is a compelling narrator and protagonist. At all of 10-years-old, she carries the weight of trying to reconcile her parents, being a good role model to her younger sister, and helping to save ...more
Jenna
Santa Claus. Anti-Claus. Evil snowmen. Possessed toys.

Ten year old Kaity loves Christmas. What she and her little sister Pippa really want for the holiday is for their recently divorced parents to get back together. There’s a complication though: their mother has met a man on the internet and moved him into the basement.

Kaity’s father doesn’t want her spending time at home with Seth before her mother gets home from work, so Kaity spends her afternoons at the mall where her father is head of secu
Pippii
For a book that might be for teens or younger children, I - being very much an elderly adult (45 years old) - loved this book very much.

With her family problems, Kaity and her younger sister Pippa, have enough to deal with.
But when Christmas is at stake, they get into the fight to save Christmas, their family and also Santa and his daughter.

Kaity is an amazing insightfull girl for a 10 year old, she sees how "The Real Santa Clause" has to fight "The creepy Santa Clause".

I love her, and Pippa and
Tiffany Tinkham-Graves
You have a young girl that is trying to get her mother's new boyfriend out of their lives, trying to solve a mystery of a mean fake santa at her local mall and try to get her divorced parents back together again. She meets a new friend, Blizzard, and together they have to solve the mystery and save christmas. This book is appropriate for a younger audience as well as adults.
Nicola Higgins
The title says it all, it’s creepy and it’s Christmas. The story is about Kaity who loves all things Christmassy, But is dreading this years festivities as her recently divorced parents are at each others throat not to mention Mum has a new boyfriend!
Then the local shopping centre decides to hire not one but two Santa’s! One is all Ho-Ho-Ho and the other is all No-No-No! Could this festive season get any worse? I had to ask, didn’t I?!
Weird things are happening and Mums new boyfriend has to go….
OrchardBookClub
Weird things are happening and Mums new boyfriend has to go….
Deb
Dec 29, 2012 Deb rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone over 12 who likes a scary story
Recommended to Deb by: LibraryThing
Creepy Christmas is a story that pulls you in and keeps you wondering. Katie is not a happy camper this Christmas. Her parents divorced this year and her mother has a strange guy staying in the house over the holiday. Things get stranger as identical snowmen appear at every house and the mall where her father works has hired not one but two Santas to work this season. Can Katie figure out what's going on in time to save Christmas and bring her parents back together in the process?

The only issue
Bella Doerres
Creepy Christmas by Jaimie Adams

This book was delightful. It is told from the perspective of a ten-year-old girl, Kaity. Her parents have just gone through a divorce and it’s the first Christmas season that the family has been separated. Kaity’s father works at the local mall as head of security. Mom works and has a new boy friend she met on the Internet. Kaity and her younger sister Pippa really hate the new friend Seth. It seems that Seth works for the Anti Clause who is determined to destroy
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Creepy Christmas is a fast and ferocious tale about how Christmas is being sabotaged by two evil men. Anti Christmas and Seth, but when ten year old Kaitie meets Santa and his daughter Blizzard at the mall she doesn't realise that she is now caught up in an investigation to stop Anti Clause ruining Christmas.

I honestly believe if I read this book to my eight year old he would actually be quite frightened. It gets pretty intense at times and I got a bit creeped out myself haha. Not something I w
Joanna Gawn
Although I'm decades older than ten-year-old heroine Kaity, I decided to give this book a try, and am glad I did!

Although it has its spooky / creepy elements, overall it's a charming book, with a strong emphasis on family and friendship, and how to deal with changes in the family dynamic.

Some parts were ... well, a bit creepy ... others were heartwarming; and there is a light touch of humour in Kaity's first-person narrative.

My first Christmassy read of the year, and one which has left me wit
Shelly Hammond
I really enjoyed this book. It is Christmas tale unlike any other that sees a young girl dealing with divorced parents, a younger sibling, an Anti-Claus, a Santa Claus, and so much more all while keeping a bit of the Christmas spirit alive. I don't want to give a single thing away but I found this to be a delightful story. It's a great holiday story and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, easy, and entertaining holiday read that can be read to younger children and also enjoyed by o ...more
D.J.
This is a book that answers all the questions your child could ever ask about whether Santa is real and how he can possibly be real. There is enough tension and bad guys to keep action fans entertained and enough fluff to keep those who want a gentle happy read satisfied too. The author addresses issues that children will encounter either as individuals or observe their classmates enduring, such as divorce and the pain of seeing parents parents having new relationships, with tact and insight.
Sorcha O'Dowd
What can I say? This book was so much fun, that reading it on Christmas Eve got me right into the spirit of Christmas. I'm always sceptical of books written from a young child's point of view, as it's so difficult to get the right balance of wisdom and youthfulness, but Jaimie Admans did a fantastic job at creating the young girl in a believable way. A definite recommended read!
Josephine
I overall enjoyed this book, even though I am out of the target age group. I usually don't read Christmas themed books, but this one is different, it has a bit of a Goosebumps feel to it. The main character was likable, and I like the fact that the book was family and friend oriented. It is a really good choice to read over the holiday season.
Mr. Jesse
This is a good read to unwind. It was light to me all though there was some lessons that were learned. I sometimes felt it was December when in fact we are currently in April ha. I would recommend it to those who just need something to pick up and actually forget about any issues they're currently facing in the real world, I know I did.
Claudia
A story about a good santa vs a bad santa. As Kaity deals with her parents divorce, creepy things happen around her neighbour hood. A well thought out story showing the true meaning if Christmas to be of family.

Oh my goodness I wanted to slap the mother in the face this entire book! Talk about bad parenting.
Pat Elliott
Very enjoyable tale.
Loved Kaity, Santa, Blizzard and even Anti Clause and Seth. The story had great pace and I wanted to keep reading until I'd reached the end.
Some parts were indeed creepy and some I could see being scary to young children. Overall though, it was enchanting.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
This ended up being better than I thought. At the beginning the writing seemed like it was a children's book but as I kept reading the story developed more. I wouldn't say this falls under a creepy or scary book as some reviewers have stated. However, I will say I liked it.
Cassie
Was I the only one who thought the cover of this book was cute? I really liked this book, and feel that if a little kid asks me about Santa, I could answer it. I really liked how the author had Katie, a ten- year old, tell the story.
Lisa
Dec 02, 2012 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle

This fun feel good read really put me in the festive mood! A well thought out plot with loveable characters and loathsome villains. Another great book from this promising author.
Michelle Wiles
A very endearing Christmas tale of good overcoming evil. I loved the characters and really enjoyed the storyline.
Stacie
Got this book free from Amazon.com
It was a cute little book and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Karen Clift
I really enjoyed the book,it was very easy to read and it kept my interest.
  • The Infinite Battle
  • Shenanigans!
  • Crawl
  • The Witch's Curse (Legend of the Dreamer, #1.1)
  • With and Without Class
  • Last Hope, Book One: Onslaught
  • Supernatural Freak (Supernatural Freak, #1)
  • A Postmodern Belch
  • Raised by Hand, Lifted by the Tides :  a Southern Child's Memoir
  • Glimmer (Delaney's Gift, #0.5)
  • Fistful of Reefer (Lost DMB Files #17)
  • Blue Into The Rip (Into The Rip #1)
  • The Galian Spear
  • Findesferas
  • Weighted (The Neumarian Chronicles, #0.5)
  • A Very Coco Christmas (A Coco Pinchard Novella)
  • The Christmas Bake-Off
  • Songs from the Phenomenal Nothing
Jaimie is a 27-year-old English-sounding Welsh girl with an awkward-to-spell name. She lives in South Wales and enjoys writing, gardening, drinking tea and watching horror movies. She hates spiders and cheese & onion crisps.

She has been writing for years, but has never before plucked up the courage to tell people. She writes mostly chick-lit and young adult. Kismetology is her first novel and
More about Jaimie Admans...
Afterlife Academy Kismetology North Pole Reform School Not Pretty Enough (Not Pretty Enough, #1)