Start by marking “Lace” as Want to Read:
Lace

Lace

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  17 reviews
It takes a tough man to wear lace well…and an even tougher man to get close to him.

Cross-dressing Caleb has a huge chip on his shoulder that makes it impossible for anyone to get close...including his boyfriend, Levi, and the uncle he lives with. Shielded behind his bad-ass boots and leather kilts, he feels safe from the bullying and harassment he’s lived with his whole li
Published December 3rd 2012 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lace

Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
KILTS AND PANTIES!!!!
If it's even a tiny bit kinky…
description
I am just sayin'. Nothing's gonna keep Cupcake away.
Karen
Every once in a while I read a book where I think the author peeked into my life or in this case that of someone close to me. Lace blew me out of the water all I could do was read. Caleb knows he is different and all he really wants is to be loved and accepted for who he is and allowed to be that person. I watched this struggle in real life as a person that is so very, very dear to my heart went through it. Jaime Samms has captured Calvin's struggle to be himself and to find his place in the wor ...more
Donna Burks
OK...I read it...I didn't hate it...
I discovered that I enjoyed reading about it...a lot more than having to look at it!

Actually, this story was quite enlightening...it really got to the heart of the matter of the need that some men have to "cross dress"...which is not the issue for me...mine is the "undie" issue! ;P

What a person chooses to wear in this day and age should be just that...a personal choice! I wear jeans, pants and such and no one gives it a thought...(what I wear under is only bet
Lena Grey
In 'Lace' by Jaime Samms, Caleb is gay and a cross-dresser both of which are inherent, not a choice. He loves the feel of lace against his skin, it's comfortable and comforting, yet he also loves to wear leather. He's miserable, feels alone and misunderstood. Learning how to be comfortable enough to express all sides of his character, Caleb needs to learn to trust that he's lovable and capable of loving just the way he is.

Caleb has never had the nurturing he deserves. When he tries to assert him
Tutu
This was an ok read, even it was a little confusing at times. A bit too much thrown at us and not developed enough. What threw me for a bit was that Caleb and Levi were in an established relationship of a year and a half. I wasn’t expecting that from the blurb but went with it.

I liked the themes this story approached: self acceptance and trust in a relationship, even if I wasn’t so mad about the main character. Oddly, I really loved Levi, who’s not so present in this story and found Caleb kind o
Adriana
3.5

Good story about a gay college guy who crossdresses... in private, how about doing it outside of his bedroom? And trusting does who love him to accept him for who he is.

ETA: Some of the secondary characters seemed to have an interesting story going on so I browsed this author books and found that at least one of the couples mentioned in Lace are part of another book... I would love to find out if Mitchell has his own story.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I wanted to like this more than I did. I really liked the premise, but once I started reading it, the story turned out to be more of an angst fest with a protagonist who couldn't' communicate and just felt sorry for himself all the time. He pushed everyone away over and over and over and over and over again. He didn't listen or hear anything people told him about his inaccurate preconceptions. Frankly, he acted like a moody adolescent.

Which was weird because he was supposedly twenty-three. It m
Armi
3.5

I'm finding I like books with cross dressing gay men. A lot. There's a vulnerability to them that is very precious, maybe even more so than with a more alphaesque man. Caleb is no exception, he's as vulnerable and sensitive as they get. He's hiding himself from the surrounding world and even from the people who matter the most to him with a prickly exterior, talking with his fists when there are no more words to be said. He's out and proud, and yet…he's not.

I connected with Caleb almost right
Ayanna
Man, talk about mother of all emotion whiplashes.
Sheesh, what the hell was going on?

Also, do colleges even have Student Councils? (Edit: it seems they have a Student Board, which is kind of like a Student Council but has even vaguer duties and powers)
And Caleb was a 5-year-old in 1st grade??? Talk about early bloomer...

It just didn't work for me. I know that Caleb's grudge-against-the-world thing is kind of the point, but it just didn't work for me.

I just didn't didn't find Caleb to be endearing
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

I'm quite glad authors are writing more about cross-dressing in their books lately, especially when those books are well written and kinky reviewers like me have plenty of fuel for our demanding imagination.

LACE turned out to be everything I'd expected, from an insecure student with issues to the larger subject of being accepted for who you are and not for what you wear. The author did an amazing job of incorp
Shaz
To be perfectly honest I'm struggling a little with this one. I think it's a combination of not being able to really connect with the characters which is throwing me off this story.

I really don't know what to make of Caleb. He doesn't inspire a lot of sympathy in me, even though I know he has his reasons for some of his behaviour. And honestly, Levi isn't much better. Together they are really a hot mess.

There seemed to be a lot going on in a short amount of time. I feel it was rushed and unfort
Yodela
I am very much enjoying more cross dressing books these days. Fascinating.
Page Crusherz
Cute story with a plot twist Iliked
Natasha
Jul 10, 2014 Natasha marked it as to-read
Dat cover.
Christine

I'm not a big fan of cross dressing books but this one just hit it right on the money.

You have Tyler, a emotionally scarred young man paying his way through music school by participating in sex parties. Then we have Haris, also an emotionally scarred older business man, trying to control everything in his world to prevent being hurt again.

They meet in an odd way and we see the the relationship grow through angst, betrayal, jealousy, mistrust, hope and love. Truly a worth while read.
Marsha Spence
I really enjoyed exploring the cross-dressing side of things. Levi and Caleb were so sweet together as the story went along even with the misunderstandings.
Paula Ridge
Paula Ridge marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Viv
Viv marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Vilda
Vilda marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Raganna
Raganna marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
starsaga
starsaga marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • New York Christmas
  • Your Biggest FAN (Greeks Invented Love #1)
  • Knitter in His Natural Habitat (Granby Knitting, #4)
  • Rentboy
  • Lola Dances
  • Masters & Boyd
  • Xylophone
  • Half Blind (Freelance Magic, #1)
  • A Dirty Drag Collection
  • Temporary Mark (Collared, #3)
  • Mister Romance (Love Brokers)
  • Inconceivable (Tate Pack, #2)
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • The Left Hand of Calvus (Warriors of Rome, #1)
  • Malachi's Word (The Bar Next Door, #1)
  • Whatever The Cost
  • Keeping Dallas (Magical Men #1)
  • Wish List
With most of the hours in the day taken up by a part time job and the full time occupation of raising and schooling two kids, writing is somewhat of an indulgence, but it's the indulgences that keep us sane, right? When not otherwise occupied, like most writers, reading is my relaxation method of choice, and you can find my reviews at Kuriousity.com and Dark Diva Reviews to let you know what I lik ...more
More about Jaime Samms...
Better The Foster Family Mourning Fix This, Sir (Tales from Rainbow Alley, #3) Stained Glass