Start by marking “Crime & Passion” as Want to Read:
Crime & Passion

Crime & Passion

A decorated police officer, more intent on justice than following the letter of the law, lands in trouble when a schoolteacher finds a dead body on the beach.

Officer Donovan Andrews knows how to have a good time—ask any woman in town. But when it comes to men abusing their wives or children, Donovan takes it upon himself to make them regret it.

Madeline Scott is unlucky i
Published March 2013

To ask other readers questions about Crime & Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crime & Passion

Emily
Madeline Scott moved to Pleasant View wanting a new start and hoping the she can find a little bit of happiness along the way. Not two months in though, she stumbles across a dead body and into the path of Officer Donovan Andrews.

Donovan doesn't have any problem flirting with the new addition to his small town, after all he he has a reputation with the ladies in town. Madeline is not interested though, she knows his type and recently had been burned bad enough to keep him at a distance.

When b
Jennifer Donohoe
I'm not a romance reader, but this story grabbed my attention and kept it. We meet the main character, Madeline, walking on a beach where she finds a body. She calls the police and is introduced to officer, Donovan, who rubs her wrong from the beginning. As the story progresses, the two become close - even though Donovan is implicated for the murder. With desperate odds, Madeline sticks with Donovan. Through riveting twists and turns, the two are thrown into a suspenseful drama that uncovers the ...more
Jordana
May 11, 2013 Jordana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good romance suspense... and I wasn't disappointed with this one!

I have a thing with characters, if they aren't spot on, I can't take it. I'll close the book and never pick it up again, or I'll keep reading in hopes that the author get's it together by the end. I never had a problem with the characters (thank god, I've read some crap lately I just couldn't get through)...

Madeline is a strong and independent woman with just enough real life hang ups to make her believable. Getting out o
Bex 'n' Books
Sep 30, 2013 Bex 'n' Books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: john-s-reviews
Reviewer: John
Rating 4 out of 5 Fairies

Pleasant View is Small Town America, just about 3000 people, and almost as dangerous a place to live as Cabot Cove as the deaths mount up!

I have to say I didn’t much like the central male character, Donovan, certainly at first; I got the feeling that maybe the author had known someone like him & used them as a template for him. In the early pages of the book he seems to be overly familiar with a witness to a murder; the main female character, Madeline/M
Kathleen
Jun 16, 2013 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thirty-three year old Madeline Scott has moved from her childhood home in Utah to the small coastal town of Pleasant View, California after calling off her wedding when she discovers her fiance in bed with her Maid of Honor. Seeking peace and quiet, and a time to heal, Madeline loves to walk the beach ... but her life is once again turned upside down when she discovers a man's dead body on the beach and sees the killer jogging away from the murder scene.

Forty-Two year old Pleasant View Police Of
Rachelle Ayala
Mar 15, 2013 Rachelle Ayala rated it it was amazing
Talk about bad luck and Madeline Scott has had her fair share of it, maybe more. Reeling from a canceled wedding where her groom and maid of honor were found together, Madeline Scott moves to a small coastal town only to find a body on the beach, as in dead body.

The responding officer is Donovan Andrews, the local playboy who's cycled through all of the women in town, some several times, from the police chief's daughter to Madeline's boss, Lindsay.

Sparks fly as suspicions revolve around the town
Gaele
May 19, 2013 Gaele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixing dramatic action, romance, characters that breathe, and a killer on the loose made this one book that was difficult to put down. Madeline is one of those ‘unlucky’ in love people with a healthy dose of scepticism and all of the trust issues that one would expect with her history. To make matters worse, the small town she has chosen as the spot to lick her wounds is currently being terrorized by a killer, and she just may have seen him fleeing the scene.

I liked Madeline very much, her inde
Melinda Dozier
Jan 03, 2013 Melinda Dozier rated it it was amazing
From the dramatic first page until the last, Chantel Rhondeau had me hooked. A walk at the beach changed Madeline Scott’s life forever. Finding a dead body by the shore turned her peaceful life upside down. Luckily, she meets Officer Donovan Andrews and a quick attraction forms between the two. When Donovan becomes the prime suspect, Madeline doesn’t know what to do, but with Donovan’s persistence, she joins him in trying to find the true suspect.

Donovan is an attractive Alpha-male, known as a
Susan B. Anna
Mar 23, 2013 Susan B. Anna rated it it was amazing

When two individuals with haunting pasts meet can love conquer all? Madeline Scott has been hurt in the worst way. Her fiancée cheats on her and destroys all hopes for a happily ever after and most importantly trust.

Donovan Andrews has his own issues to deal with and the attraction between the two is evident from the start but there’s one thing Madeline can’t shake and that is the constant rumors about Donovan and his womanizing ways.

Past hurts only remind her of how infidelity and self doubt
Vida Antoniette
Chantel Rhondeau’s romantic suspense novel Crime & Passion is a romantic story about Madeline and Donovan; the perils that unfold throughout the story leave you thinking if the two of them can make it as a couple or will they allow tragedy and conflict to rip them apart.

As the story reaches its climax, the reader already gets a sense of how the author will end it. Minor twists, but a predictably happy ending nonetheless.

I am not a great big fan of romance novels. Murder mysteries, science fi
Michele Shriver
Nov 28, 2012 Michele Shriver rated it it was amazing
This book is aptly titled, because it serves up plenty of crime and passion!

The love story between Madeline and Donovan was well-paced and believable. I enjoyed seeing a woman who has been burned by love learn to trust again, and a former womanizer finally discover true love and give his heart to someone. There were some misunderstandings along the way (what's a good romance novel without them?), and rooting for them to overcome them was part of the fun.

What really kept me turning pages was the
Samantha March
Jun 10, 2013 Samantha March rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chantel Rhondeau is now on tour with CLP Blog Tours and Crime & Passion

I don’t read a whole lot of romance books, but romantic suspense novels are ones that usually catch my eye. I enjoy a bit of mystery in my reading, and that is definitely the element that kept me invested in this story. We start out right away with Madeline discovering a body, and it wasn’t until the end that I really felt confident in figuring out who the murderer was. There is a great plot twist that really kept me on m
Kelly
Jun 30, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book got me hooked the moment I opened its pages. It is one of those books that are so hard to put down because every chapter is full of adventure and questions to drive the reader to plow on. I love Crime novels and I love Romance Novels, so Crime & Passion by Chantel Rhondeau was a great read for me.

Mixing dramatic action, romance, and a killer on the loose made this one book that was hard to put down. With lots of twists and turns, and several characters who were `suspicious’, there
Margaret
Oct 30, 2013 Margaret rated it did not like it
This book just wasn't for me. I didn't like the writing style and couldn't relate at all to the main characters. To me, the author just tried to do too much in this story. There was no real character development. The heroine Madeline suffered from a severe lack of self confidence that continued through out the story and was exasperating towards the end. The hero Donovan wasn't too much better. The suspense and mystery was predictable.
Sabrina Bena
Jun 19, 2013 Sabrina Bena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was actually a lot better than expected. When I first got it I thought it would be a cheesy romance especially with the tittle Crime & Passion. I liked how it gave you a POV from both perspectives. The plot constantly kept you guessing at who was the killer was. Definitely a better read than you expect.
Karen
Oct 29, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this BOOK! It started out running and never slowed down. I am pretty good at figuring out who done it, but this one had me second guessing my suspect. If you like a deep story with a good suspense and great sex, look no further. I have read other books Chantel has written and this one is up to her usual fantastic writing! Don't hesitate to get this one.
Melody
Nov 03, 2013 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
they don't come better than this!!!
Sharon Morris Marks
This is a great mystery. Keeps you guessing until the end.
Victoria Newman
Nov 14, 2013 Victoria Newman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is a great book to read
Cristine Hand
May 27, 2017 Cristine Hand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved it. I found that it was really hard to put the book down. Romance, murder, mystery, suspense and a few twists and turns throughout the book and loved it. Very well written and so fun to read.
Teresa Derrick
Dec 18, 2016 Teresa Derrick rated it really liked it
It all starts with a murder.......

Madeline has found a man murdered on the beach. She may have caught a glimpse of the killer also. Donavan is one of the first officers on scene. He thinks he should protect Madeline the problem is she could fall for a man like him except he has a giggle reputation and that is not what she needs. Donavan is determined to change her mind about him but also to protect her. The bodies start to pile up and the list of suspects grow.
Becky Claxon
Apr 04, 2016 Becky Claxon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madeline was walking a large dog on the beach in California when she saw a man in the water. When she got closer, she could see a rope around his neck and he looked dead. She immediately called 911. Two police officers drove up, and one started asking her questions. His name was Donovan and was good looking. Donovan ended up walking Madeline to the dog owner’s home. Brandon owned the local paper and printed what happened and that Madeline saw the killer walking away. Madeline and Donavan was afr ...more
Rebecca Austin
Feb 23, 2016 Rebecca Austin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
Madeline Scott has no idea how much her life is about to change when she finds a dead body on the beach. Soon she discovers that her own life is in danger after people all around her are killed and she is not sure who to trust.

Police officer Donovan Andrews is one of the first officers on the scene and when he discovers it's a man he had an altercation with the night before he soon becomes a suspect. Will Madeline and Donovan be able to work together to get to the bottom of who is committing the
Heather
Jul 03, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
I wanted to love this book, I really did BUT… I just kind of liked it.

I really enjoyed the two main characters, Madeline and Donovan. At least the two main characters that we met at the beginning of the novel. Madeline is a strong woman that is filled with a great deal of self-consciousness. Donovan is a protective, womanizer that claims to be on the mend, and is filled with a great deal of policeman swagger. Rhondeau captured both personas accurately and did not exaggerate the reactions or res
Karla
May 03, 2016 Karla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a cross between a mystery and a romance, and both have challenges that leave us biting our fingernails until the very last page. I loved it! It all starts with a simple, innocent walk on the beach ... then girl finds body, 9-1-1 sends HUNK-A-COP, sparks fly over body ... but it's too easy to end there. Now girl is in danger after possibly witnessing murder and HUNK-A-COP gets himself assigned to protect her. Girl and HUNK-A-COP start getting cozy then HUNK-A-COP is arrested for the ...more
Kim
Dec 12, 2016 Kim rated it it was ok
I received this book free from Amazon and I am voluntarily writing a review. Donovan is a coop in a small California town where a wife and child abuser has been murdered and found on the beach. All evidence points to Donovan, he is being framed but by who? Maddie is a teacher and a dog groomer and new to town. A fresh start was needed after finding her fiancé of five years with her maid of honor doing the horizontal tango. She is the one to find the corpse on the beach and see a man dressed like ...more
Candice Mckinney
May 16, 2014 Candice Mckinney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madeline Scott has recently moved to the beach front town of Pleasant View. She has some part time jobs including walking dogs. She is walking a dog on the beach when she finds a dead body. She sees someone running from the body but is too far away to identify who it is. One of the policemen who comes to the crime scene is Officer Donovan Andrews. He is instantly attracted to Madeline.

This is a good romance mystery.
Nancy Luebke
Aug 26, 2016 Nancy Luebke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this who-done-it and I've given it a 4.5* rating. These two strike sparks off of each other from the beginning. They both have a lot of baggage and are a little hesitant in the trust department especially with a killer on the loose. Having two people involved threw me off a little bit but there were a lot of twists and turns to keep me guessing a lot. I need to read more of this author's work
Lisi Cabrera
Dec 12, 2016 Lisi Cabrera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books you can't put down. The suspense will drive you crazy. The twists and turns and the guessing who's the bad guy. Is it more than one person responsible for the murders? Why? What's the motive? Most importantly, how will Maddie and Donavon end up? Definitely a must read.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Crime & Passion 2 9 Nov 07, 2012 11:36PM
  • Rancher's Girl (Rancher, #1)
  • Knowing Vera (Chance for Love, #3)
  • Cop of the Year (Bayview Heights #1)
  • Task Force One: Dani's Got a Gun (The Men of Five-0, #4)
  • Fall for You (Gully's Fall, #2)
  • The Rookie (The Taylor Clan, #4)
  • A Counterfeit Christmas Summons (Regency Seasons, #1)
  • To Serve And Protect
  • Sarah Smile (Halos & Horns, #2)
  • Finding Forever (Finding Forever, #1)
  • Tag and Release (Liberty Springs, Wyoming, #3)
  • Christmas Pets and Kisses: 16 Sweet Christmas Romances
  • Love In A Small Town
  • Nanny And The Professor
  • Avenging Agent (Agents Under Fire #2)
  • I Can't Believe I'm Not Bitter: Confessions of a Woman Who Bends the Rules
  • Groomed (Going to the Dogs #2)
  • His Mating Mark (Wolff Pack #1)