Start by marking “Sarah Quanli” as Want to Read:
Sarah Quanli

Sarah Quanli

STORY OVERVIEW

The beautiful yet deceitful Rossalyn McDonald had twisted the knife deep in David Adam MacDougall’s big heart. He was extraordinarily handsome: chiseled muscles, kindly soul, thoughtful personality, and totally faithful. Any other lass in his Scottish Highlands village would have cheated her own sister to become his bride.

Now David’s entire being felt broken
Paperback, Book One, 329 pages
Published October 26th 2012 by Treble Heart Books

To ask other readers questions about Sarah Quanli, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sarah Quanli

Glenda Bixler
Jan 15, 2013 Glenda Bixler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Jackson Keene may be the only author to have The Boxer Rebellion and the beginning of basketball in one book, all tied up with lots of romance... and do it so well that readers are pulled in so quickly that you realize that you are reading a very satisfactory ending! I enjoyed this historical novel immensely!

David Alan MacDougal was born in 1882 and, as with many of us, learned about the kirk, the church, and God from his parents, especially David's father. Jonathan, as they worked their farm, w
Jack King
Nov 07, 2012 Jack King rated it it was amazing
Beautiful historical romance novel. The central character, David Adam MacDougall, is a very special man -- extremely handsome, rugged, yet with a kind heart and soul. The book is so well written, most readers would probably think it to be a true story. With the drama, action, breadth of plot, and romance, I could really see this book being made into a movie! When I finished reading it, I closed my eyes and thought to myself . . . What a great story!
Lynda Coker
Nov 18, 2012 Lynda Coker rated it it was amazing
WOW! Talk about a diverse set of characters, situations, and fundamental story elements. This historical romance touches on just about everything that could occur to a young man in his prime who feels the need to pursue a spiritual calling in a foreign land. David MacDougall is a strong man with a big heart. He proves equal to the challenges he faces, but not without experiencing pain, deprivation, and danger. The historical setting adds to the exotic flavor and opens a whole new realm to ...more
Bookish Michelle
Jan 20, 2013 Bookish Michelle rated it liked it
Sarah Quanli follows David's hastened journey to China as a missionary after a painful betrayal from his loved one. There were some dangerous situations which David were in. I'm happy to read that he overcame all of those situations and there's even something about basketball!

The story was enjoyable, even though I find it difficult to follow for the first part of the book due to the slang used by the characters. It got better after David left for China and things started picking up from there, w
Claire Carey
Nov 11, 2012 Claire Carey rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed the book, i liked the way it was written in the style of a true story. It reminded me of the Autobiography of "Tisha" The story of Anne Hobbs who was a young teacher who went to the wilds of Alaska make a difference. It also reminded me of the story of the nun who worked as a missionary in China, sh led 100 children to safety and was part of the unbinding of the women's feet. Forgive me if i can't recall the name of the book or the lady it was about.

I very much like reading a
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2012
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Lady of the Lake
Lady of the Lake marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Cindy Smith
Cindy Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2013
Jeannette Garcia
Jeannette Garcia marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Cynthia Austin-thorn
Cynthia Austin-thorn marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013