Start by marking “Runaway Bride (Across the Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
Runaway Bride (Across the Stars, #2)

Runaway Bride (Across the Stars #2)

From the moment Mark Tanner saw Lexie Rogers, he knew she was destined to be his wife. There is only one problem: her fiancé. Mark knows she’s better off with him, but can he convince her of that before it’s too late?

Lexie’s mother has planned out her life for her. Living in the shadow of the older sister who never pleased her mother, it’s up to Lexie to be the daughter he
Published April 10th 2013 by Wedded Bliss Romances, LLC (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Runaway Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaway Bride

†Ðawn†
++Spoilers++

This is better than the 1st book in that the hero is more to my liking, but not as good as the first in because there is less conflict and is a bit slower moving.

This can be a stand alone, but it is best to read the first to get the full "alien" flavor which is lacking in this one.

It's an ok read, but since I am more of an HR fan, others who prefer contemporary romance may find it more enjoyable, so don't take my rating to heart.

I don't plan on reading the 3rd and last of this series
Grammar*Kitten
Mar 29, 2013 Grammar*Kitten rated it really liked it
Shelves: worked-with
Runaway Bride by Ruth Ann Nordin is a simply wonderful story of how true love conquers all.

I had the privilege of proofreading this novel for Ruth, but that has no bearing on my own opinions of her work.

Although this is the second in the ‘Across the Stars’ series, it works exceptionally well as a stand alone novel (as I have yet to read the first I the series, but after reading this I am most definitely looking forward to doing so!). The unusual angle that Nordin incorporates in what would other
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Jun 20, 2013 Sassy Beta Reading & Review rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure of being a beta reader for this book and I LOVED IT!!! This is the second of the Across the Stars series by Ruth Ann and you will not be disappointed.

Mark knows that Lexie is to be his wife the minute he sees her. Only problem is, she is engaged to somebody else. Lexies mom has selected who she thinks Lexie should marry and she is at a crossroad. Does she follow her moms suggestion to keep momma happy, or does she follow her heart and throw caution to the wind and run away wit
Brittany
Feb 19, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, alien
Unlike the first book in this series. The "H" actually sought to learn about his new world. While not like the first cute hero this one was believable. I loved that he actually had to woo his woman. I loved everything about this one!!
Liza
Jan 23, 2014 Liza rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I liked the 1st book so much better. But Mark's actions when Lexie's mom opened the door for them after they eloped was HILARIOUS!
Andrea Navia
May 04, 2014 Andrea Navia rated it it was amazing
Finally, I finish reading across the stars series. After I read Suddenly a Bride, I want to read the next books because I'm so inlove with the human-alien love story! :P

Special thanks to my goodread friend Kimberly Walter for lending me this book and His Abducted Bride (Across The Stars book 3). I would have not finished reading any series without her help! Thanks girl!

Runaway Bride is a story of Mark Tanner and Lexie Rogers. Mark is an alien from the Planet Pandoran who went to Earth to search
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Runaway Bride by Ruth Ann Gordon
Across the Stars Series Book 2
Mark Tanner had come from Pandoran the same time as Chris West. Only Mark wanted to find his own wife instead of letting the agency find one for him. He decided that Caitlyn’s sister was the one for him, too bad if she was already engaged.

Lexie Rogers was learning how to be the perfect future wife for Dr. Nick Hammond. How to say the right things to the right people. How to look pretty for her future husband and not embarrass him. Mea
Tasha
Jun 24, 2014 Tasha rated it it was amazing
In 2012 I somehow came in contact with the book Suddenly a Bride. About a year after reading that book I saw that a second book had come out I was so excited and frantic to find it that I searched on every site I could think of. For a while I thought I would never be able to get the book and yet here today I write a review and have read the book. I couldn't be any happier then when I read this book. It is not normal romance with "Earth Humans" falling in love with each other. No you have to open ...more
Kimberly Walter
May 15, 2013 Kimberly Walter rated it it was amazing
The moment Mark Tanner sees Lexie Rogers, he knows she is destined to be his wife. There is only one problem: her fiance. Mark knows she is better off with him, now all he has to do is make her see that and convince her.
Lexie has always gone with what her mother planned for her life, including picking out who she was going to marry.
Lexie decides to go with Mark and marry him.

This was a great book. Love it. Can't wait for the next one.
Kim
Apr 20, 2015 Kim rated it it was amazing
Sweet continuation of alien romance

The 2nd book in this series was a very sweet alien romance. Alexis was not happy with her engagement but just went with it anyway to please her mother. Mark was a much better fit and he clearly loved her, but he needed to get her to see that. Well worth reading.
Jennifer Erwin
Apr 11, 2015 Jennifer Erwin rated it liked it
This was a cute continuation of book 2. These are definitely more cleaner/lighter than I've been reading lately and it made for a nice break. I really started this series because the blurb for book 3 really intrigued me and the characters were all introduced in book 1. Not a bad series. Good chick lit/beach read type of book.
Annette K Hernandez
Aug 20, 2015 Annette K Hernandez rated it really liked it
Alien love on earth.

I enjoyed this story. An alien man seeks a wife to start a family with. Mark is smart, he does his research about craftspeople and their culture. He also uses humor wisely.
Cheryl
Aug 03, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
this entire series was fabulous! i simply couldnt put it down! it was a fun easy read and i loved how the character Mark in it is so calm and takes difficult situations and turns them so easily to his advantage and every one ends up happy! Great summertime reading!
Lisa Swanepoel
Jul 30, 2014 Lisa Swanepoel rated it liked it
Another Ms Nordin special. Very romantic and well written. It would be a perfect world if we all treasured our partners the way Pandoran men treasure their wives.
Gretchen Fatouros
Jun 03, 2013 Gretchen Fatouros rated it it was amazing
Read the 1st book in the series to fully appreciate this one.

Aliens & love - what could be better?

Yes, there's sex, but it shows the love between them & is the bonding for being life-mates...
Janjira
I really like the navels from Ruth Ann Nordin very much and I am a big fan of you Ruth Ann Nordin. You never make me disappointed.
Nenya
Nenya rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2014
Vera
Vera rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2013
Marjeta
Marjeta rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Montanna Kate
Montanna Kate rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Nicola
Nicola rated it it was ok
May 04, 2014
Trina Bolduc
Trina Bolduc rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
T S
T S rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Corina_dana33
Corina_dana33 rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Pamela Porterfield
Pamela Porterfield rated it did not like it
Jan 12, 2014
Ciara M. Mohr
Ciara M. Mohr rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Laura rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Angiegolo4422
Angiegolo4422 rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Megandoboze
Megandoboze rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jul 24, 2015 11:52AM
  • Kiljorn Prime (Katieran Prime, #4)
  • Haven (Tranquilli Bloodline, #1)
  • Operation Hydra (Ontarian Chronicles, # 2)
  • Cosmos' Promise (Cosmos' Gateway, #4)
  • Beloved Stranger  (Gaian Stories #4)
  • Engulf (New World, #5)
  • Alien, Mine
  • Prime Obsession (The Prime Chronicles, #1)
  • Wildcat (Cat Star Chronicles, #9)
  • Heart of an Emperor (Daughters of Lyra #1)
  • Total Recall (Cyberevolution, #2)
  • Xander's Chance (Damian Eternal, #1)
  • Hearts of Ishira
  • Demons and Lullabies (The Demons Age, #2)
What's to say? I write a lot. I read often. I sleep little. Once in awhile, I've been known to clean the house. A number of kids live in my house and there's this guy they call dad and I call husband. All in all, it's a pretty good life. :-)
More about Ruth Ann Nordin...

Across the Stars (3 books)
  • Suddenly a Bride (Across the Stars, #1)
  • His Abducted Bride (Across the Stars, #3)