Start by marking “Her Highness and the Highlander (The Princess Brides, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Highness and the Highlander (The Princess Brides, #2)

Her Highness and the Highlander (The Princess Brides #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  476 ratings  ·  57 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Tracy Anne Warren comes the second novel in an enchanting new trilogy about three princesses brought together by friendship and fate. This is Princess Mercedes’s story…

While journeying home from Scotland, Princess Mercedes of Alden's coach is set upon and her personal guard is killed. Barely escaping with her life, Mercedes seeks help
Published November 6th 2012 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Her Highness and the Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Highness and the Highlander

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
A real pleasure to read. Daniel is definitely on my Scottish heroes to die for list. Recommend big time to historical romance fans.

Overall rating: 4.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine in the November issue. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Elis Madison
OK, this buy probably wasn’t a great idea. I knew from the back cover copy that it was going to grate on one of my pet peeves, and sure enough, it did.

I read historical romance because I dig history. I want to learn something new about the period I’m reading about, or at least have the sense of really “being there” in the time and place of the story. So when we start off with a character who’s the princess of a made-up country, that tells me that the author is willing to make stuff up to fit he
LaFleurBleue
This one was slightly better than the previous one: Mercedes was a very girly princess, quite obedient, always respectful and polite. She had the potential to turn into a real bore. And surprise, circumstances force her to adapt brutally and to turn into someone better. I really liked the hero, as well, especially his behavior when finding himself disowned which was both very humane without turning childish or showing self-conceit.
Arshia
Tracy is really good at taking premises that we have all read before and giving them her own twist. The slow progression of the romance between Daniel and Mercedes was cute and charming. I was really happy with Mercedes for adapting to the change in her circumstances. Going from a princess with privilege to someone on the run, her character was wonderfully developed.
Sonya Heaney
Disney - with sex.

Originally posted HERE .

Her Highness and the Highlander promises exactly what you expect from the cover and blurb. However, if you’re looking for anything even remotely historically accurate, you’d better move swiftly on by.

This is the second in a series, and while I’ve read some reviews that said it was too confusing to start here, I’d disagree. The concept of a bunch of princesses from made-up countries, at boarding school in the Scottish Highlands, was easy enough to figure
Lover of Romance
While on her journey home to Alden from Scotland, her carriage is attacked. With her personal guard, maid, and even her cousin dead, she is the only survivor and is able to flee into the woods. Finally after some time, she reaches a inn, and tries to convey her situation to the locals, who has little sympathy and don't even believe her when she says she is a Princess. Then a handsome stranger defends her. Mercedes asks for his help as her bodyguard. Daniel, reaches out to this young woman who is ...more
Gayle
REVIEW

This book is the second in the Princess Brides Series. Ms. Warren has once again done us justice in writing another wonderful book. What more could a reader want? You get a princess and her shining knight, A highlander needing a good woman to love and a storyline that keeps your interest from page one.

Mercedes' body guard, her maid and a cousin are all dead. She was on her way home from Scotland. They were attacked. She hides in the woods and now she is the only survivor. She finds her way
Michelle
Another enjoyable historical romance. I love me a Scot so hearing his accents as I read was great. I enjoyed how Mercedes had to learn about herself so that she could adapt to the major change in her circumstances. Daniel was a heartwarming hero who couldn’t deny his desire and instincts to protect her. I almost wish we could have seen him at his home to see his interactions with the staff and townspeople and how much he cares for the them. I enjoyed the mystery, I just thought there could have ...more
Susie Fitzwater
I enjoyed the book and the action that was in the book. I gave it four stars because I felt like their was something missing from the book. The only thing is I am not sure what it is that is missing. I think the characters meet the expectations of the book and that they were the perfect characters for this story line and look forward to other books. I also believe that anyone should try the book out and I would recommend it for anyone to try it and the reason I say that is that every person has ...more
Drew Doll
(Potential spoilers) I really enjoyed this novel. The characters were likable and engaging, the dialogue felt very natural and the plot / behavior of the players was believable. Mercedes' hesitation to acknowledge Daniel as her husband, and then her immediate regret of her lack of action rang very true. I liked that Mercedes was a strong lead, who is able to rescue herself and is a partner with Daniel, not his subordinate.

This was my first Tracy Ann Warren, but it will not be my last.
Heather Merizan
I really loved this book. It had a great mix the reluctant hero who can't help his attraction to the young princess. I enjoyed how the tale was woven into an interesting fairytale. There were a few things that bothered me. The antagonist wasn't properly built up, I thought. However, despite this I found the story well written and engaging. I loved the details that always seem to be a very important part of Tracy Anne Warren's books.
Rgreader
Should have known this would be alternate historical romance with a heroine named Mercedes and a fake country.
Why bother writing historical romances when it's so obvious their is no attention to history. I call this alternate reality historical romance cause it's pure historical fantasy.
Cary
Another cute story... Thank heavens for a strong man to help our heroine survive and thanks for the fealty they both showed to each other. Modern couples are so inclined it would seem. I totally appreciated the fact that this couple got married!! Woo Hoo!
John Snyder
I enjoyed this book. Reminded me of an old film my mother made me watch and now as I type it I forger the films name. Anyway this is a cute story of a princess becoming an ordinary person but still on the run from danger.
Brittany
I liked this one so much more than the first one. Emma just seemed like a spoiled child while Mercedes seemed much more mature. It made the romance so much better to read looking forward to reading the next one.
Bella Grace
Jan 07, 2013 Bella Grace marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Please, please, please be better than your predecessor! I love Highland series if they are written right, so I'm at least hoping this turns out decent. Hmph.
Le Moore
The second book of this trilogy was also an easy fun read. Again, I could have done without the sex scenes, but otherwise the plot kept me interested.
Kathy
Great cover. Daniel was a good hero and who doesn't love a Scottish accent. Even the addition of Robbie was fun.
Diane
Loved it! It was nice having a bit of mystery along with the princess love story. Very relaxing and enjoyable reading.
Erin
I liked this one the best of this trilogy. Much more engaging than the first.
C.S.
Very good book! I love this author, her stories are always so sweet :)
Kassie
Good story...liked the suspense and the characters...
Sans
Schmoopy and a bit ridiculous. And just what I needed.
Alisha
I have all of her books and love them all. Great story!
Ebony Morton
I Loved it! !!!!! It's a beautiful story. :)
Tin
Princess Mercedes of Alden is on the run from unknown assailants who have brutally murdered her cousin and her entire traveling entourage. Lost in the wilds of Scotland, she is relieved to have found refuge in an inn --

But the innkeeper and the other patrons do not believe her story and, judging by her appearance, thinks she is trouble and have asked her to leave.

Until Major Daniel McKinnon stands up to vouch for her. Daniel has been pensioned off from Her Majesty's Army, a controversial career
L.A. Miller
A am very grateful that I did not read the reviews when I purchased this book, I totally loved it. Of the three books in the series I have to say this was the best for me. Ms. Warren not only painted a vivid landscape but her characters were true to form and full of depth. Mercedes was delightful as she tried to maintain her royal station despite the circumstances she was thrown into. The fact that she was plunged into a life a pampered royal never sees and was not only sympathetic to their plig ...more
  • To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #3)
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • The Trouble With Highlanders (The Sutherlands #2)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Borderland Bride
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)
  • The Importance of Being Wicked (Millworth Manor, #2)
  • The Art of Duke Hunting (Royal Entourage, #2)
  • The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (Geek Girls, #1)
  • Wind Raven (Agents of the Crown, #3)
  • Trouble at the Wedding (Abandoned at the Altar, #3)
  • Wicked Nights With a Proper Lady (Dangerous Rogues, #1)
  • A Most Improper Rumor (Whispers of Scandal, #2)
  • Rogue with a Brogue (Scandalous Highlanders, #2)
  • If You Give A Girl A Viscount (Impossible Bachelors, #4)
Tracy Anne Warren is the New York Times bestselling author of ten Regency historical romance novels, including At The Duke’s Pleasure and The Husband Trap. Her books have appeared on the USA Today Bestsellers’ list and the Borders’ Group List of Bestselling Single Title Romance Paperbacks. She has won numerous writing awards, including Romance Writers’ of America’s prestigious RITA® Award, the Nat ...more
More about Tracy Anne Warren...
The Husband Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #1) Seduced By His Touch (The Byrons of Braebourne, #2) Tempted by His Kiss (The Byrons of Braebourne, #1) Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4) The Wedding Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #3)

“Every damsel in distress deserves a hero...” 2 likes