Start by marking “Art of Isis Sousa & Guests: Fantasy Digital Painting Techniques & Video Lectures” as Want to Read:

4.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The Art of Isis Sousa & Guests is a highly inspirational tool for both you Fantasy Art lover and Fantasy Artist developing your skills. Endorsed by some of the biggest Fantasy Art and Creative Communities in the world including Shadowness.com & it's Founder Meng To, Elfwood.com, ItsArtMag.com & it's founder Partice Leymarie, HystericalMinds.com, DeviantArt's gr ...more
Paperback, Trade Edition, 120 pages
Published September 2012 by Mad Artist Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Art of Isis Sousa & Guests, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art of Isis Sousa & Guests

Faeries by Brian FroudGood Faeries Bad Faeries by Brian FroudArt of Isis Sousa & Guests by Isis SousaThe Fantasy World of Josephine Wall by Josephine WallAura by Winston  Blakely
Gorgeous Fantasy Art Books
3rd out of 31 books — 20 voters
Gothic Art Now by Jasmine Becket-GriffithBig Eye Art by Blonde BlytheArt of Isis Sousa & Guests by Isis SousaThe Enchanted World of Jessica Galbreth by Jessica GalbrethGood Faeries Bad Faeries by Brian Froud
Top Art Books
3rd out of 40 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Isis Sousa
Nov 06, 2012 Isis Sousa rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Fantasy and Digital Art Lovers & Artists
Shelves: art-books
As the author of the book, here it goes:

From the Author
The book Art of Isis Sousa & Guests showcases many of my paintings from the period of 2010 until middle of 2012. It includes some video captures, lectures and tutorials and dozens of tips.

One of my ultimate goals in life is to master my art, and for that I need this whole life time if not a few more incarnations! While I am just starting in this journey, I can share with you some of my processes, ideas and techniques. Maybe they will in
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
** I won this through a Good Reads Give-a-way**

I was blown away by the beautiful artwork throughout this book. The colors are very bright and lively. Ms. Sousa and the other featured artists have a great talent. This book really is a master-piece for the art world. I really enjoyed reading the "tips" as well as the pointers such as saving files of work that you might not think you will need.

My husband enjoys working on different computer programs for art and this book is a gold-mine of knowledg
Demircan Taşkonak
Nov 30, 2012 Demircan Taşkonak rated it it was amazing
This is the very first book of Brazilian-Norwegian fantasy artist Isis Sousa. In this book, we get to know Isis personally and learn about her inspirations, stories behind her characters, how she works out some problems and her ideas about some stereotypes.
There are lots of useful tips about her tools, texturing, painting facial components, gaining exposure on art communities, being an artist as a profession and how to become a better artist. If you already know the basic concepts of digital pa
Stephanie Rose
Dec 01, 2012 Stephanie Rose rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: every Fantasy artist
Shelves: books
This art book is pretty amazing!
Isis is a wonderful person and very talented artist, which can be seen and also felt in all her works throughout this book. The tutorials in this book and the video lectures that are coming with the digital version are easy to understand and really helpful. You can feel how much thought and time Isis put in her book, shaping it into something special.
Also the artworks done by Isis and her fellow artists are simply gorgeous!
I really recommend any fantasy artist to
Jazzy
Apr 08, 2013 Jazzy rated it it was amazing
MOST ASTOUNDING ART & INCREDIBLY INSPIRATIONAL WORDS that every new artist would benefit from. In all honesty, SIX STARS barely cover the brilliance of this book.

The cover pretty much sums everything up. Her artwork shows beauty; rare, true, and unadulterated beauty . The intricacy of the brush strokes, her attention to each texture, to each gradation of colour is so refined that I cannot even begin to imagine how much effort Isis must have put into this. Every line and colour shows
Noemi
Sep 18, 2013 Noemi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured
Art of Isis Sousa & Guests... What would I say if I had to define this book in a few words? Let me see. Brilliant, mind blowing, beautiful and high quality! Each work in this book is like a living, breathing creature that's ready to move and walk off the pages. This is truly a collection of amazing artworks!

The full review is coming soon and this book is featured on my blog: Beautiful Pages. Thank you.
Paddy O'callaghan
Dec 22, 2012 Paddy O'callaghan rated it it was amazing

Utterly beautiful.

Sousa et al have really done themselves proud. Although all the work is absolutely breathtaking, the book is, for me anyway, an excellent showcase for the work she produced between '10 and mid '12. To have created so many amazing opera in such a short space of time is absolutely awesome. I just hope that she hasn't burnt herself out, and that there's more to come. I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for this young lady's work in future.
Diana Buidoso
Nov 27, 2012 Diana Buidoso rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
A gorgeous fantasy art book from a very talented artist.
Starting from the original idea, concept, technique and until the final result of creation, this book proves to be an extraordinary art tool, dedicated to the fantasy & digital art lovers, as well as to all artists. Its a beautiful book with pleasant and easy to follow layout and also, and not the least, with amazing works from great artists from all over the world.
Thank you, Isis Sousa!
Martyn Stanley
Sep 09, 2013 Martyn Stanley rated it it was amazing
Incredible book of art. The images within are beautiful, I found the 'how-to' tutorials interesting, but not useful for me. I really think it requires a more talented artist than me to make the most of them. As a fantasy writer though, I found these images inspiring and very, very impressive. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who has an interest in fantasy art. Particularly character portraits.

Jenny
Nov 29, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-author, art-book
Beautiful and amazing artwork! I love the details and the tips are fantastic. My godmother came to talk to me while I was looking at Isis Sousa's work and she couldn't help but gasp at the beautiful artwork. I am definitely going to try and implement the techniques in this book the next time I try graphic art again.
Lampros Kalfuntzos
Nov 26, 2012 Lampros Kalfuntzos rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
An amazing fantasy book from a very talented artist. Worth a buy for any artist.
Really amazing art pieces and tutorials as well.
Anna Erishkigal
Aug 12, 2013 Anna Erishkigal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful collection of digital art, artists, and advanced artistic techniques for bringing digital art to life.
Darius Draxist
Darius Draxist marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Dont Hong
Dont Hong rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Mayur
Mayur marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Charlotte Simon
Charlotte Simon marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Alexandra Mavrigu
Alexandra Mavrigu marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Irfan Yusuf
Irfan Yusuf marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Andrei Victor
Andrei Victor marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Nikaury Liriano
Nikaury Liriano marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Cymia Moss
Cymia Moss marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Azza
Azza marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Rajeev
Rajeev added it
Feb 18, 2016
Alexey Maslenikov
Alexey Maslenikov marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Tanvi Salvi
Tanvi Salvi marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Josie
Josie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Arshad Khan
Arshad Khan marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
  • Beyond the Magic Pill: A Collection of the Insights of Illusions
  • John Howe Fantasy Art Workshop
  • Drawing Down the Moon: The Art of Charles Vess
  • Designing Bead and Wire Jewelry: Everything the Beginner Needs to Know
  • Layout & Background (Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Archive Series)
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Chronicles IV: Cloaks & Daggers
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Jewelry Making: More than 700 Large Format Color Photos
  • First Time Knitting: Step-by-Step Basics and Easy Projects
  • Art Made from Books: Altered, Sculpted, Carved, Transformed
  • The Jewelry Maker's Design Book: An Alchemy of Objects
  • Creative Illustration & Beyond: Inspiring tips, techniques, and ideas for transforming doodled designs into whimsical artistic illustrations and mixed-media projects
  • The Wrong Door
  • Playing with Image Transfers: Exploring Creative Imagery for Use in Art, Mixed Media, and Design
  • 10 Secrets of the LaidBack Knitters: A Guide to Holistic Knitting, Yarn, and Life
  • The Films of Akira Kurosawa
  • Stitch-opedia: The Only Embroidery Reference You'll Ever Need
  • Adudan
  • Creative Character Design
Writing sucks. Period. That’s why I am an artist; illustrator and graphic designer who writes in a hobby basis. Oh, wait… That’s not the “why”… I was born artist, and there is nothing I can do to change it. But with all the imagination I have running lose, there came some stories… And there came some books!

When I’m not doing artwork and illustration for clients, I’m doing woodcarving, painting orn
More about Isis Sousa...

“In these times of Darkness, I keep dreaming of a better tomorrow, and praying my soul won't be corrupted."

These are Gudrun's words and thoughts. She is living in a troubled world, where only the strong can be free.

She is a Fantasy character you find on The Art of Isis Sousa & Guests!”
3 likes