Start by marking “Trouble on Reserve (The Hollows, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
Trouble on Reserve (The Hollows, #10.5)

Trouble on Reserve (The Hollows #10.5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  961 ratings  ·  112 reviews
A routine protection gig for business tycoon Trent Kalamack quickly goes wrong when runner Rachel Morgan discovers she is the assassin's target.

New, never published Hollows short with Trent and Rachel working together. The timing of the story sort of puts it between A Perfect Blood and Ever After, but the feeling of it is seriously slanted toward Ever After. If you get a c
ebook, Sony ereader, 20 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about Trouble on Reserve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble on Reserve

VampireNovelFan
Be forewarned, there are spoilers EVER AFTER in this short story. EA is not due to hit the shelves until January, so unless you've read the ARC you will be spoiled!

That said, I absolutely adored this short story. The Hollows is the gift that keeps on giving! I love Trent and Rachel!
My Urban Fantasies
Review originally posted on My Urban Fantasies

" The new, free, reader app for the iphone, ipad, and ipod touch has a new, never published Hollows short with Trent and Rachel working together. It’s called Trouble on Reserve. The timing of the story sort of puts it between A Perfect Blood and Ever After, but the feeling of it is seriously slanted toward Ever After. " - Kim Harrison

*****Possible Spoiler Alert*****

I love it when Rachel and Trent work alone together. They are always more relaxed aro
Liv
Nov 07, 2012 Liv rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Liv by: VampireNovelFan
One word - AWESOME!! Like, OMG awesome!!!

Many thanks to my GR friend, VampireNovelFan (Erika) for sharing this fun little short story with me. If it wasn't for her, I might have missed out on this one for a long time before realizing that it was there.

As a big fan of Rachel & Trent, I was extremely ecstatic and pleased as there was a lot of alone-time between these two. As for spoilers for Ever After, well, let's just say that I couldn't see much, except for (view spoiler)
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Really cute story about Rachel working security for Trent when he pulls a fast one on her. But Trent is always in the know and maybe it's Trent helping Rachel.

This is a must read!! Trent and Rachel fans won't want to miss this!
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

For now, this short story is only available on Sony eReader. If you don’t have a Sony eReader then you can still get it by downloading the Sony eReader app here. You don’t need an account,when you download the app, the ebook is preloaded.

TROUBLE ON RESERVE claims to take place between A PERFECT BLOOD and EVER AFTER (which is why it’s labeled as 10.5) however please be warned that it really seems to take place either during or even AFTER EVER AFTER. Refer
ratherread
What can I say, I LOVE TRENT AND RACHEL!
Patricia
This entry in the Rachel Morgan/Hollows series is a 20-page short story. The two scenes in this story take place an unspecified time after the conclusion of Ever After, the eleventh book in the series.

The author’s blurb lists this item as #10.5 in the series, before Ever After, but I do not agree. The second scene clearly references the kisses shared by Rachel and Trent, which occurred in the very last pages of Ever After. Hence, I would call this #11.5, and I feel it would be better understood
Kathy Davie
This is a very short story in The Hollows urban fantasy series that Harrison claims takes place between A Perfect Blood and the upcoming publication, Ever After . However, a number of people, including Harrison, seem to think it actually takes place during/after Ever After which isn't due for release until January 2013. Don'cha just love certainty...!

NOTE: This is a free e-short only available as per my post on the sixth.

My copy was provided by Erika, a.k.a., VampireNovelFan. If you sign up to
Anne
This was included at the end of the copy of Ever After I purchased. It seemed to fit there in the timeline perfectly.

It was good. I was happy to see Rachel working with Trent. I am a little confused as it took place a day before Quen, the girls and Ellasbeth are supposed to return. The story says they have been gone 3 months. I thought it was one month at each place, when I read Ever After.

Anyway, it is a good story. Jenks is in great form. My tension with Rachel and Trent is frustrating me.
Deea (Andreea)
ARGHHH! I need Ever After like YESTERDAY!!!

Ok, so these two get in trouble mostly because they're too stubborn for their own good, as usual, so I will admit that I didn't pay that much attention to the action and all that. But... *fans self* Oh. My. God. Everything else that wasn't actually said in this scene... *dreamy sigh* Can I say I love, love, LOVE Trent? Rachel, you are in so much trouble this time! This is going to be fun!:D

I can't wait for Ever After! And after those bonus chapters at
Marian
Happy, happy dance!!!...... Thank you to Kim Harrison and Sony!!!!

Spoiler Alert! This short seems to happen AFTER "Ever After", so if you haven't read the ARC of "Ever After", you may want to wait until January 22nd to read this after "Ever After" is released.

As if waiting on the next Hollows book wasn't ALREADY excruciating enough! After reading "Trouble on Reserve", I'm even MORE anxious, if that's possible.

What I enjoyed about this short, is obviously any Rachel/ Trent action is A-ok in
Veronica
I can't believe I forgot to rate this back when I first read it. The only thing that could be better than a Trent/Jenks story is a Trent/Rachel story so the fact that fans of this series got both this past year (*plus* the APB chapter from Trent's POV)is just Hollows heaven in my opinion. Then again, I can never get enough of Trent. Set after the events of Ever After, this story gives us yet another glimpse into the addicting dynamic that exists between Rachel and Trent. I have truly had a blast ...more
Inti
I adore anything Kim Harrison, but this short story seemed a bit redundant. Trent has used Rache's services through deception once or twice already. And Rachel always pisses off the vamp masters somehow. Not to mention this issue of her finding their souls after death has been broached in several novels. We already know that Rachel has the hots for Trent, and that Trent wants to be a good guy. So why the short story outlining all of this again?
Weyr
A great little short playing Trent and Rachel in a familiar but fun little adventure. Harrison asked her readers how we felt about the "voice" since she tried to write the short more "mainstream" but I really didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe because when I read a Hollows novel there's already a well worn groove in my brain for how everything flows.
ShaunaLee
I loved this little taste of Rachael and Trent. It makes me wonder if it will be part of the story line in Ever After or it will just be left alone for this one-shot. I especially liked the assumption that the guys were after Trent because...well, they usually are. I still don't know if I'm rooting for Trent or Al.
Jenevieve
Check out all my reviews on Jena's Book Reviews

Short story set in the world of the Hollows. Quinn is off at Ellsabeth's with the girls and Trent needs a bodyguard for a standard business function so he hires Rachel. Of course, it being Trent things are never that simple and when we join in, he is in a clandestine meeting on his boat with someone else and Rachel is hanging out with the other guy's bodyguard. Things seem to go smoothly until they are leaving the parking area and Trent is hit with
Jackie
20 pages but the short scene with Rachel and Trent was sizzling with tension and reminded me why I enjoy very much when the two of them interact, even though they have yet to admit they really would make a great couple!
Sillylittlefishey
This was a very short story about our favorite 'cookie maker' and Rachel. It was a brief look into their growing relationship and I really liked it overall.

My full review at openbooksociety.com
Morgan Mitchell
Wow! A perfect preview for the next book wrapped up in a short but sweet story. Kim Harrison could write 10 more of these now that Trent's character has evolved and I would read them all!
Marianne
Who knew security work for Kalmanack Enterprises would be safer for Rachel than rat fights, or helping Trent escape his fate as a familiar in the Ever After. While Trent still conducts his clandestine business right under Rachel's clueless nose, and has very few qualms when it comes to offing people who stand in his way, this murdering elf no longer views Rachel as his target. The people who threaten her, on the other hand... My, my, elf boy, how your priorities have changed...

A very short (not
Ghadeer A
Sigh....more Trent ...and more confusing feelings towards him ..Rachel is definitely attracted to him in a big way...but is he feeling anything !?
Kitt
Warning! This should be read after Ever After! Not before!

Loved it, but it's waaaaay too short!
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Trouble on Reserve is a short story about Trent and Rachel working together. It currently is available exclusively on the Sony reader app for Iphone, Ipad, and Ipod touch, but Kim has future plans for it later on, which I can only assume will have something to do with an anthology and I hope to see her expand the story a little bit as well. After you take away the cover, title, copyright, and acknowledgment pages the story itself i
Lou
I'm always a happy girl if there's Trent, and if it's Trent and Rachel on their own together that's best of all. Though if this story is in fact set after Ever After, making it more 11.5 than 10.5... oh come on Rachel, get over your angsting, will you? Just a bit? Ah well, I think she's getting there. Our Ms Morgan never has been one to take the easy path, after all!

What I started out meaning to say though, was that I did enjoy this. Yes, there was some retreading of ground between Trent and Rac
Melody
I gave it a three since I've read her short stories before and thoroughly enjoyed them and this wasn't the case. It seemed to be a short just to push Rachel and Trent on the reader. It's taken me a while to get used to the idea of them being together. I've read the Hollows since the beginning and liked RAchel and Kisten and Rachel and Ivy. But it has grown on me so we'll see. Off to read undead pool now. Hoping there's more vampires in this one looking forward to it.
Tammy
Good lead up to the next book. So Cormac is getting itchy and people are starting to place Rachel with Trent... I'm thinking it's pretty obvious that's where KH is going to go with this couple wise. Not to sure about it and all. I like Trent but I'm not sure about him and Rachel together.

Interesting turn of events here with this short. I'm going to have to read it again to see if there any are small things I should have picked up prior to reading book 11.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Decent short story. I mainly read it for the Rachel/Trent interaction. Rachel is determined not to become more than what she is currently with Trent. I wish she'd quit cockblocking herself so much. I can understand the issues that she's had for basically forever where Trent is concerned. Her morals are at war with her hormones. Still, at this point, I'm so over the way she's constantly judging him and thinking the worst. Especially since what was going on this time was oh so very much not what s ...more
Irene
Wow, after A Perfect Blood I knew Trent has something for Rachel and that he's willing to sacrifice a lot for her, but here he actually does something to prove his willingness. And it was the first time I saw that Rachel starts thinking about Trent touching her as in really "touching" her body and starts wondering how could it feel and so on...
  • Shadowland (Cassandra Palmer, #4.2)
  • Curran; On the Day of the Panty Dinner: Part 1 (Curran POV, #6)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Web of Death (Elemental Assassin #1.5)
  • Demons: Encounters with the Devil and His Minions, Fallen Angels, and the Possessed
  • A Questionable Client (Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • The Dead, The Damned, And The Forgotten (Dark Days, #0.6)
  • An Apple for the Creature (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
Kim Harrison, dark urban fantasy author of the New York Times bestselling Ever After, was born and raised in the upper Midwest. After gaining her bachelors in the sciences, she moved to South Carolina until the lure of snow pulled her back to Michigan When not at her desk, she is most likely to be found landscaping her yard or on the links with her mom.

Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook h
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2) The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)

“Trent had been ready to kill that man to protect me. I had seen it in his eyes. I was damn sure I wasn’t comfortable with that—not when I knew how badly he wanted to differentiate himself from his father.” 5 likes