Start by marking “Trouble on Reserve (The Hollows, #10.5)” as Want to Read:
Trouble on Reserve (The Hollows, #10.5)

Trouble on Reserve (The Hollows #10.5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,199 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
A routine protection gig for business tycoon Trent Kalamack quickly goes wrong when runner Rachel Morgan discovers she is the assassin's target.

New, never published Hollows short with Trent and Rachel working together. The timing of the story sort of puts it between A Perfect Blood and Ever After, but the feeling of it is seriously slanted toward Ever After. If you get a c
ebook, Sony ereader, 20 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by HarperVoyager

To ask other readers questions about Trouble on Reserve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble on Reserve

VampireNovelFan
Nov 06, 2012 VampireNovelFan rated it it was amazing
Be forewarned, there are spoilers EVER AFTER in this short story. EA is not due to hit the shelves until January, so unless you've read the ARC you will be spoiled!

That said, I absolutely adored this short story. The Hollows is the gift that keeps on giving! I love Trent and Rachel!
My Urban Fantasies
Nov 12, 2012 My Urban Fantasies rated it really liked it
Shelves: the-hollows
Review originally posted on My Urban Fantasies

" The new, free, reader app for the iphone, ipad, and ipod touch has a new, never published Hollows short with Trent and Rachel working together. It’s called Trouble on Reserve. The timing of the story sort of puts it between A Perfect Blood and Ever After, but the feeling of it is seriously slanted toward Ever After. " - Kim Harrison

*****Possible Spoiler Alert*****

I love it when Rachel and Trent work alone together. They are always more relaxed aro
Deea (Andreea)
Jul 25, 2015 Deea (Andreea) rated it really liked it
Re-read July 2015

Hmmm... Okay, this time I read this story after Ever After, and I'm still not sure where it falls in the time line and how it connects to the overall story. I thought there was a mention of the incident happening here in A Perfect Blood? Still. One can never have enough of Rachel and Trent in action, and it was fun to see them interact when not surrounded by a gazillion people of different species, deflecting evil demons or saving the world.

His fingers were firm in mine, and I
La Mala  ✌
Todavía no se me pasa la fiebre. Ahora voy por los cortos. Después por el INSIDER.
Me encanta como estos dos se salvan mutuamente de sus propias metidas de pata. Son muy geniales.
Liv
Nov 07, 2012 Liv rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Liv by: VampireNovelFan
One word - AWESOME!! Like, OMG awesome!!!

Many thanks to my GR friend, VampireNovelFan (Erika) for sharing this fun little short story with me. If it wasn't for her, I might have missed out on this one for a long time before realizing that it was there.

As a big fan of Rachel & Trent, I was extremely ecstatic and pleased as there was a lot of alone-time between these two. As for spoilers for Ever After, well, let's just say that I couldn't see much, except for (view spoiler)
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
Really cute story about Rachel working security for Trent when he pulls a fast one on her. But Trent is always in the know and maybe it's Trent helping Rachel.

This is a must read!! Trent and Rachel fans won't want to miss this!
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

For now, this short story is only available on Sony eReader. If you don’t have a Sony eReader then you can still get it by downloading the Sony eReader app here. You don’t need an account,when you download the app, the ebook is preloaded.

TROUBLE ON RESERVE claims to take place between A PERFECT BLOOD and EVER AFTER (which is why it’s labeled as 10.5) however please be warned that it really seems to take place either during or even AFTER EVER AFTER. Refer
Inti
Dec 04, 2012 Inti rated it liked it
I adore anything Kim Harrison, but this short story seemed a bit redundant. Trent has used Rache's services through deception once or twice already. And Rachel always pisses off the vamp masters somehow. Not to mention this issue of her finding their souls after death has been broached in several novels. We already know that Rachel has the hots for Trent, and that Trent wants to be a good guy. So why the short story outlining all of this again?
ratherread
Jan 10, 2014 ratherread rated it it was amazing
What can I say, I LOVE TRENT AND RACHEL!
Marissa
Jan 25, 2013 Marissa rated it it was amazing
I WANT MORE!!!!!
Patricia
Jan 29, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
This entry in the Rachel Morgan/Hollows series is a 20-page short story. The two scenes in this story take place an unspecified time after the conclusion of Ever After, the eleventh book in the series.

The author’s blurb lists this item as #10.5 in the series, before Ever After, but I do not agree. The second scene clearly references the kisses shared by Rachel and Trent, which occurred in the very last pages of Ever After. Hence, I would call this #11.5, and I feel it would be better understood
Kathy Davie
Nov 08, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
This is a very short story in The Hollows urban fantasy series that Harrison claims takes place between A Perfect Blood and the upcoming publication, Ever After . However, a number of people, including Harrison, seem to think it actually takes place during/after Ever After which isn't due for release until January 2013. Don'cha just love certainty...!

NOTE: This is a free e-short only available as per my post on the sixth.

My copy was provided by Erika, a.k.a., VampireNovelFan. If you sign up
Anne
Jul 31, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, library
This was included at the end of the copy of Ever After I purchased. It seemed to fit there in the timeline perfectly.

It was good. I was happy to see Rachel working with Trent. I am a little confused as it took place a day before Quen, the girls and Ellasbeth are supposed to return. The story says they have been gone 3 months. I thought it was one month at each place, when I read Ever After.

Anyway, it is a good story. Jenks is in great form. My tension with Rachel and Trent is frustrating me.
Marian
Nov 07, 2012 Marian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kim-harrison
Happy, happy dance!!!...... Thank you to Kim Harrison and Sony!!!!

Spoiler Alert! This short seems to happen AFTER "Ever After", so if you haven't read the ARC of "Ever After", you may want to wait until January 22nd to read this after "Ever After" is released.

As if waiting on the next Hollows book wasn't ALREADY excruciating enough! After reading "Trouble on Reserve", I'm even MORE anxious, if that's possible.

What I enjoyed about this short, is obviously any Rachel/ Trent action is A-ok in
Veronica
I can't believe I forgot to rate this back when I first read it. The only thing that could be better than a Trent/Jenks story is a Trent/Rachel story so the fact that fans of this series got both this past year (*plus* the APB chapter from Trent's POV)is just Hollows heaven in my opinion. Then again, I can never get enough of Trent. Set after the events of Ever After, this story gives us yet another glimpse into the addicting dynamic that exists between Rachel and Trent. I have truly had a blast ...more
Rita
May 25, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it

This was good. Definitely read after Ever After.
Kathryn
Dec 07, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
A great little short playing Trent and Rachel in a familiar but fun little adventure. Harrison asked her readers how we felt about the "voice" since she tried to write the short more "mainstream" but I really didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe because when I read a Hollows novel there's already a well worn groove in my brain for how everything flows.
ShaunaLee
Nov 20, 2012 ShaunaLee rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I loved this little taste of Rachael and Trent. It makes me wonder if it will be part of the story line in Ever After or it will just be left alone for this one-shot. I especially liked the assumption that the guys were after Trent because...well, they usually are. I still don't know if I'm rooting for Trent or Al.
Jenevieve
Feb 13, 2014 Jenevieve rated it really liked it
Check out all my reviews on Jena's Book Reviews

Short story set in the world of the Hollows. Quinn is off at Ellsabeth's with the girls and Trent needs a bodyguard for a standard business function so he hires Rachel. Of course, it being Trent things are never that simple and when we join in, he is in a clandestine meeting on his boat with someone else and Rachel is hanging out with the other guy's bodyguard. Things seem to go smoothly until they are leaving the parking area and Trent is hit with
Jackie
Nov 30, 2012 Jackie rated it it was amazing
20 pages but the short scene with Rachel and Trent was sizzling with tension and reminded me why I enjoy very much when the two of them interact, even though they have yet to admit they really would make a great couple!
Sillylittlefishey
Mar 09, 2013 Sillylittlefishey rated it liked it
This was a very short story about our favorite 'cookie maker' and Rachel. It was a brief look into their growing relationship and I really liked it overall.

My full review at openbooksociety.com
Morgan Mitchell
Nov 24, 2012 Morgan Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Wow! A perfect preview for the next book wrapped up in a short but sweet story. Kim Harrison could write 10 more of these now that Trent's character has evolved and I would read them all!
Marianne
Who knew security work for Kalmanack Enterprises would be safer for Rachel than rat fights, or helping Trent escape his fate as a familiar in the Ever After. While Trent still conducts his clandestine business right under Rachel's clueless nose, and has very few qualms when it comes to offing people who stand in his way, this murdering elf no longer views Rachel as his target. The people who threaten her, on the other hand... My, my, elf boy, how your priorities have changed...

A very short (not
Ghadeer A
Jan 03, 2013 Ghadeer A rated it it was amazing
Sigh....more Trent ...and more confusing feelings towards him ..Rachel is definitely attracted to him in a big way...but is he feeling anything !?
Lorre
Apr 09, 2016 Lorre rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-complete
I've loved every Hollows book so far but this short story has left me underwhelmed and it didn't really add anything to the series.
Kitt
Nov 15, 2014 Kitt rated it it was amazing
Warning! This should be read after Ever After! Not before!

Loved it, but it's waaaaay too short!
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
A juicy morsel that raises yet more questions. Can't wait for more! :)
Ang
Love this series
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Trouble on Reserve is a short story about Trent and Rachel working together. It currently is available exclusively on the Sony reader app for Iphone, Ipad, and Ipod touch, but Kim has future plans for it later on, which I can only assume will have something to do with an anthology and I hope to see her expand the story a little bit as well. After you take away the cover, title, copyright, and acknowledgment pages the story itself i
Lou
I'm always a happy girl if there's Trent, and if it's Trent and Rachel on their own together that's best of all. Though if this story is in fact set after Ever After, making it more 11.5 than 10.5... oh come on Rachel, get over your angsting, will you? Just a bit? Ah well, I think she's getting there. Our Ms Morgan never has been one to take the easy path, after all!

What I started out meaning to say though, was that I did enjoy this. Yes, there was some retreading of ground between Trent and Rac
  • Demons: Encounters with the Devil and His Minions, Fallen Angels, and the Possessed
  • Shadowland (Cassandra Palmer, #4.2)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Web of Death (Elemental Assassin, #1.5)
  • Curran; Fernando's (Curran POV, #5)
  • The Harvest (Signs of the Zodiac, #1.5)
  • Grace of Small Magics
  • Search and Destroy (Sonja Blue, #7)
  • Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)
  • Blood Winter (Horngate Witches, #4)
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KimHarris
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)

“Trent had been ready to kill that man to protect me. I had seen it in his eyes. I was damn sure I wasn’t comfortable with that—not when I knew how badly he wanted to differentiate himself from his father.” 5 likes