Hunter and Hunted (The Shifters #4)

Hunter and Hunted (The Shifters #4)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Orphan Hunter Landon craves a family who will love him unconditionally. When he’s adopted by the Knights, an organization dedicated to destroying shifters, Hunter is grateful, but their ideology never sits right. Finally, on a rite of passage during which he’s supposed to kill his first shifter, Hunter discovers the truth: he meets Glenn Lightfoot, a deer shifter, and asks...more
ebook
Published December 5th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hunter and Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter and Hunted

Ami

I have been following this series since the very beginning (starting with Psychic Moon). I think the development of The Agency vs. The Knights are getting better and better.

Likes
+ A black character (yes, variety from usual white characters is nice)
+ Hunter is an "enemy"; he is adopted by a knight family. Again, variety.
+ Deer shifter :)
+ The personal conflict that Hunter experiences -- after 7 years of indoctrination that all shifters are monsters -- is good
+ While it is, in a way, inst...more
Tim
A really great story and good addition to the series. I liked the chemistry between the two MCs Hunter and Glenn as well. Definitely on to the next one:)
LaShonta
Another awesone one in this series. They just keep getting better and better.
Veronica / Miss V
Perhaps because I'm reading the whole series at once and I haven't wait for the next sequel to be released, I have been really enjoy this series.
Interracial couple makes it a little bit different, and extra points are giving for the African American character, one of my favourites.
Another wonderful sequel.
Enny
Ami's review perfectly summed up my feelings about the book. Can't wait to read the next installment in this series.
Phaney
Whoa. Okay. It’s not often that within a few books I go from one to four stars in a single series, but I figure this book deserves that much, simply based on my enjoyment of it.

This story is actually sweet. It made me happy. And I like how this shifter’s family differs from the previous book’s shifter’s family.

There’s significantly less telling in favour of showing now. Sure, I still see some stylistic issues and awkwardnesses, but overall that has improved vastly as well.
Another thing to apprec...more
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: Uncomplicated MM shifter romance with better world building than romance but still a decent read.

The Set Up: Hunter was orphaned at three and adopted by the Knights, an organization with a mission to destroy shifters. Hunter feels loyalty to the Knights so when his rite of passage time comes to kill a shifter, he goes hunting. But Hunter can’t shoot the deer, who he knows is a shifter, and when the deer shifts human, Hunter is attracted to the...more
Rachel
I liked that this expanded on the overall 'verse of the shifters versus the knights, but I wasn't too keen about the relationship between Hunter and Glenn...just didn't feel the connection and spark between the two of them through the story. It was a bit too easy for them. However, I liked the ending and I look forward to future books that will hopefully continue to advance the overall plot.
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Danette Porter
Danette Porter marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Angu
Angu marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Karrie
Karrie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Hunter and Hunted by M.D. Grimm 1 6 Dec 05, 2012 08:50AM
Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1) Blind Devotion (The Shifters #3) Love is a Whirlwind (The Shifters #2) Celtic Warrior and Wolf Spirit (sequel to Psychic Moon) Healing Minds (The Shifters #5)