Start by marking “Hunter and Hunted (The Shifters #4)” as Want to Read:
Hunter and Hunted (The Shifters #4)

Hunter and Hunted (The Shifters #4)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Orphan Hunter Landon craves a family who will love him unconditionally. When he’s adopted by the Knights, an organization dedicated to destroying shifters, Hunter is grateful, but their ideology never sits right. Finally, on a rite of passage during which he’s supposed to kill his first shifter, Hunter discovers the truth: he meets Glenn Lightfoot, a deer shifter, and asks ...more
Published December 5th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hunter and Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter and Hunted

Ami

I have been following this series since the very beginning (starting with Psychic Moon). I think the development of The Agency vs. The Knights are getting better and better.

Likes
+ A black character (yes, variety from usual white characters is nice)
+ Hunter is an "enemy"; he is adopted by a knight family. Again, variety.
+ Deer shifter :)
+ The personal conflict that Hunter experiences -- after 7 years of indoctrination that all shifters are monsters -- is good
+ While it is, in a way, inst
Didi
The title might seem unimaginative. But hey this series kept surprising me - in a good way! After blind shifter of the previous book, we finally got a Knight as main character - and a black man too. And the shifter taking the front stage this time was a deer shifter. What a refreshing change!

Hunter was a confused Knight, questioning things the organization doctrined him to believe, ever since he was adopted by a high ranking member there. On Hunter's rite passage, Glenn - a deer shifter - stumbl
Le Letture Rosa di Anita

Era da tempo che non leggevo un romanzo con protagonisti mutaforma: un mutaforma cervide, poi, non mi era mai capitato! Devo dire che comunque mi ha piacevolmente sorpreso: anche se alcune situazioni mi hanno lasciata un pochino perplessa, la storia è stata appassionante ed emozionante.
A non avermi del tutto convinta è stato sopratutto l'"instalove" che si sviluppa tra Hunter e Glenn, anche se, in parte, riesco comunque a comprenderlo poichè si tratta di u
Tim
A really great story and good addition to the series. I liked the chemistry between the two MCs Hunter and Glenn as well. Definitely on to the next one:)
LaShonta
Another awesone one in this series. They just keep getting better and better.
Emozioni fra le pagine
Questa recensione è presente sul blog.

Hunter, ragazzino di colore e tredicenne, vive in un orfanotrofio e da sempre è alla ricerca dell’amore di una famiglia, che trova quando viene adottato dai Cavalieri. I Cavalieri chiederanno a Hunter come prova tangibile della sua fedeltà, di uccidere uno dei mutaforma, da sempre loro acerrimi nemici.
Qua entra in scena Glenn, mutaforma cervide, e Hunter dopo il loro scontro iniziale, comincia a mettere in discussione
3librisoprailcielo
Hunter viene presentato come un ragazzino orfano affamato d’amore che, quando viene adottato da una seguace dei Cavalieri, nemici persecutori dei mutaforma, è felice e ne adotta pensieri e obbiettivi anche se piano piano i dubbi si fanno strada in lui soprattutto quando assiste all’uccisione e alle torture subite dai mutaforma da loro catturati. Arriva per lui il momento della prova finale per entrare stabilmente nel gruppo dei Cavalieri e la prova è uccidere entro un mese un mutaforma, nel suo ...more
Veronica /  V
Perhaps because I'm reading the whole series at once and I haven't wait for the next sequel to be released, I have been really enjoy this series.
Interracial couple makes it a little bit different, and extra points are giving for the African American character, one of my favourites.
Another wonderful sequel.
Enny
Ami's review perfectly summed up my feelings about the book. Can't wait to read the next installment in this series.
Phaney
Whoa. Okay. It’s not often that within a few books I go from one to four stars in a single series, but I figure this book deserves that much, simply based on my enjoyment of it.

This story is actually sweet. It made me happy. And I like how this shifter’s family differs from the previous book’s shifter’s family.

There’s significantly less telling in favour of showing now. Sure, I still see some stylistic issues and awkwardnesses, but overall that has improved vastly as well.
Another thing to apprec
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: Uncomplicated MM shifter romance with better world building than romance but still a decent read.

The Set Up: Hunter was orphaned at three and adopted by the Knights, an organization with a mission to destroy shifters. Hunter feels loyalty to the Knights so when his rite of passage time comes to kill a shifter, he goes hunting. But Hunter can’t shoot the deer, who he knows is a shifter, and when the deer shifts human, Hunter is attracted to the
Sandra
buono,serie non male
Brandilyn
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

Okay, now we are starting to get somewhere. About 1/2 way through Hunter and Hunted, I almost DNFed. I almost set it aside and declared myself done with the series. However, I stuck it out. The series is finally starting to gel for me. The arc about the Agency and The Knights is starting to get some meat on it. It is all starting to get intriguing instead of being random ideas.

For Full review please see: http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...

Rachel
I liked that this expanded on the overall 'verse of the shifters versus the knights, but I wasn't too keen about the relationship between Hunter and Glenn...just didn't feel the connection and spark between the two of them through the story. It was a bit too easy for them. However, I liked the ending and I look forward to future books that will hopefully continue to advance the overall plot.
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Sabrina (Soter) Sally marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Laufleur
Laufleur marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Giada Andolfo
Giada Andolfo marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
**Miss_Tegan**
**Miss_Tegan** marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Kristina Nikolic
Kristina Nikolic marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Vale Animenight
Vale Animenight marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Hunter and Hunted by M.D. Grimm 1 6 Dec 05, 2012 08:50AM

The Shifters (9 books)
  • Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1)
  • Love is a Whirlwind (The Shifters #2)
  • Blind Devotion (The Shifters #3)
  • Healing Minds (The Shifters #5)
  • Hearts and Minds (sequel to Healing Minds)
  • Master's Blood (The Shifters #6)
  • Hunted Guardian (The Shifters #7)
  • The Serpent and the Angel (The Shifters #8)
Psychic Moon (The Shifters #1) Blind Devotion (The Shifters #3) Love is a Whirlwind (The Shifters #2) Celtic Warrior and Wolf Spirit (sequel to Psychic Moon) Healing Minds (The Shifters #5)