Start by marking “Moon of the Terrible (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Moon of the Terrible (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #3)

Moon of the Terrible (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles #3)

Abel is struggling to find his footing at the werewolf sanctuary when he receives terrible news: the girl he loves and his brother have vanished. Seth calls to claim that they're eloping, but Abel knows it's a lie. There's no way that Rylie would get married without telling him. Not when the memory of her scorching kiss is still burning on his lips.

Certain that something i
Published November 8th 2012 by Red Iris Books (first published November 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Moon of the Terrible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon of the Terrible

Sid by Teresa GabelmanPrelude by Nely CabThe Keeper by O.L. RamosThe Keeper by O.L. RamosThe Keeper by O.L. Ramos
Platypire Reviews' Top Books of February 2014
54th out of 154 books — 159 voters
Twisted Tales by Phoenix JohnsonClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareMoon of the Terrible by S.M. ReineThe Ripper's Wife by Brandy PurdyLegend Of The Fae by April Holthaus
Readers
3rd out of 15 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

A Book Vacation
Dec 15, 2012 A Book Vacation rated it really liked it
To see my full review:

I highly enjoyed this third installment of the Cain Chronicles, the spinoff novellas of the wonderful Seasons of the Moon Series. Moon of the Terrible focuses more so on Abel than the previous novellas (I’d say New Moon Summer is mainly about Rylie and her feelings and Blood Moon Harvest is mainly about Seth and his, so it just makes sense that Moon of the Terrible focuses mainly on Abel). Abel has had it rough. From being a hunter and hater of werewo
Denise
May 22, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
I have to say right off the bat that I am a huge fan of this author and this series. It all begins with Seasons of the Moon books one through four and then continues on with the Cain Chronicles, which are very short vignettes continuing the story with the primary characters and short adventures. In this installment Rylie and Seth have been kidnapped and Able sets out to rescue them. It is in my opinion very well written and was a great short. However, it must be said that without reading the ...more
Shirley
Aug 24, 2014 Shirley rated it it was amazing
The Cain Chronicles mark a turning point for Rylie and everyone around her. She may be the Alpha and her wolf may be stronger than any one else’s but she still had human drama to deal with. Since I skipped this series and went right to the Ascension series before I even finished the Seasons of the Moon series, I was a little confused about how the Rylie, Seth, Abel triangle actually happened. This series clears everything up. Up until now, I didn’t really like Abel – Moon of the Terrible was my ...more
Nereid
Nov 27, 2012 Nereid rated it really liked it
I so hope Levi gets what is coming to him as he is an upstart who wants to be alpha yet doesn't deserve the title, taunting Abel about Riley, so immature and annoying. The introduction of Crystal is interesting, she reminds me of the cheerleader types at school who think their looks will get them everywhere but she has some tough competition if she wants Abel for herself. Seriously what is it with Eleanor, she just won't stay dead and I thought vampires were hard to kill but she takes it to a ...more
Kelly
Jul 05, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
Oooookay. So those things that were coming, they're here. And it's not good. And even when it could potentially be good, it's not good. Everybody's in a pickle! Cain's identity is revealed, Seth and Abel's mom just won't stay down and Rylie is floundering.

What does this mean for the pack? I have no idea. Levi's actions against Abel don't bode well. The ominous hints of what Cain and his crew have planned for the werewolves at the sanctuary are even worse. Rylie's so twisted up with everything th
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Nov 07, 2012 Sarah Kalaitzidis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: werewolves
Moon of the Terrible will leave you guessing up till near the end of the book wondering who Cain is. It’s not who you think it is till the very end of the book along with finding out that something is wrong with Rylie.

It takes place where Blood moon Harvest left off. With Seth and Rylie captured, Abel and everyone else doesn’t realize this until a strange call from Seth leaves Abel knowing something is wrong. Glad to leave the sanctuary after putting Levi in his place Abel and Three other wolve
Melissa
Nov 10, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Kandise
Oh Jeez **eyeroll**, there must not be any other woman on the face of the Earth, except his brothers...I'm so tired of reading about love triangles between brothers.

Good thing the storyline is a good one, or I would have deleted these series two books ago...and don’t get me started with the pregnant idiot, you don’t know what Cain meant? Really Rylie? Stop. It.
Marsha
Jun 01, 2014 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Moon of the Terrible by S.M. Reine is the third book in the Cain Chronicles. It is very well written with and exciting story line. As Alpha, Rylie must learn to be a bit stronger, but she remains more nurturing. The suspense and intrigue is woven intricately through the characters. Whom shall they trust?
Mindy Conde
Feb 22, 2015 Mindy Conde rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Lots of stuff going on in this book - learning more about werewolves, crazy family secrets, love triangles, and of course, hunters. I'm just as torn as Rylie is between Seth and Abel though I'm not sure how long Rylie can ignore her wolf nature.
Kayla Eklund
Apr 29, 2014 Kayla Eklund rated it really liked it
I kind of predicted that the ending was going to happen after their run in with Cain. I'm interested to finish the series, and see how Seth takes the info she's about to tell him. Although, I predict that she will choose Abel.
erinthedreamer
Dec 01, 2012 erinthedreamer rated it really liked it
I am really liking this series can't wait for the next one after that ending. My only complaint is I wish that Seth or Abel wouldn't save her, I want her to do the saving. Considering she gets her fair share of butt kicking it's a minor complaint. Go team Abel!
Carrie
Jun 21, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Another good, quick installment in this series. I'm still on team Abel for some reason, even though I'm pretty sure he's a jerk. I have also figured out the mystery of Cain sometime around the end of book 1. I'm more interested in the brother drama, of course!
Michelle
Apr 10, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Moon of the terrible

Rylie and Seth was kidnapped together this time. Seth got Rylie to bit him. don't think it took though. found out who Cain is. plus Rylie is pregnant. oh what fun
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Feb 01, 2013 Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) rated it really liked it
Chapter 3 (and it really should be a chapter!)

Full of action once again, with things deepening between Abel and Rylie. Rylie still has feelings for Seth though so is getting more confused by the day. Lots of action in this book and you find out who Cain is.

Good but way too short.
angela
May 19, 2016 angela rated it it was amazing
Unbelievably good

This series is GREAT, I definitely recommend it. Now I'm on to the next book in this series. I just wish they were longer. Each book is only a little over an hour.
Julie
Dec 30, 2014 Julie rated it it was amazing
I got books 1-4 together, as I am coming in late to the series. This book is a wild ride from 1-4. All adventures, all the time. I am very happy to have found a new werewolf series.
Tia
Dec 12, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Jesus! I certainly didn't really expect that, I'm assuming the baby would be Abel's because they were 'mated' kind of. This series is certainly keeping me on my toes. HOLY HECK!
Amy
Apr 19, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
Ok so we now know who Cain is and we know how messed up this situation is becoming. But two pink lines are making me wonder who's the daddy?
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2013
Catwomanfromthemoon
Catwomanfromthemoon rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Becky Whitaker
Becky Whitaker rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2012
Gloria Blancarte
Gloria Blancarte rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
Kimberly S. Franklin
Kimberly S. Franklin rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Laura Lamarca
Laura Lamarca rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Kirstene
Kirstene rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Magdy
Magdy rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2014
Carol Morgan
Carol Morgan rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Dakota
Dakota rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2013
  • Black Magic (Howl #4)
  • Blood Bond (Dirty Blood, #3)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Turning Tides (Elements, #3)
  • Mythology: The Wicked (Mythology #2)
  • Enchantment (Spellbound, #3)
  • Moonlight (Immortalis, #4.5)
  • Sins of the Lost (Grigori Legacy, #3)
  • Fighter (Outsider, #3)
  • At First Sight  (Timber Wolves, #3.5)
  • On the Scent (Psychic Detective, #1)
  • Jackal Moon (Moon, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Silver Moon, #3)
  • Perfect Mate (Blind Wolf #2)
  • The Problem with Promises (Mystwalker, #3)
  • Adversity (Cursed, #2.5)
Hi everyone! My name is Sara, and I write urban fantasy and paranormal novels as SM Reine. I collect swords, cat hair, and typewriters (which I do use for writing!). It's a good day when those three things have nothing to do with each other.

If you would like to know the instant my next book is available, you should enlist in my Army of Evil! We have a wicked cool secret handshake, but you'll have
More about S.M. Reine...

Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles (7 books)
  • New Moon Summer (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Moon Harvest (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #2)
  • Red Rose Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #4)
  • Darkmoon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #5)
  • Of Wings and Wolves (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #6)
  • Alpha Moon (Seasons of the Moon: Cain Chronicles, #7)