Start by marking “The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)

The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  3,107 ratings  ·  921 reviews
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal:...more
Published September 16th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile (first published September 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Sea, please sign up.

Daring Evan IS alive. He had better be anyways. I have mixed feelings about Ben and Cassie falling in love.
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
20th out of 2,499 books — 15,405 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
17th out of 1,350 books — 6,644 voters

More lists with this book...

Montana Wayland/Herondale
I need this book.
Need it.
I'd kill for it.
I. Need. This. Book. NOW.
Rick Yancey, you better hurry up. I know, I know, it takes time to write a masterpiece.
But.
Really?
I just can't...my whole life is waiting.
-City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
-House of Hades (Heros of Olympus, #4)
-The 5th Wave #2
-Allegiant (Divergent #3)
-The Seeker/The Soul (The Host #2, #3)
-Lady Midnight/Prince of Shadows/ Queen of Air and Darkkness (The Dark Artifacts, #1, #2, #3)
-World Aft...more
Rejoice Herring
Cynn
Apr 19, 2014 Cynn marked it as to-read
THAT COVEEER

¿September 2014?

I need the fucking book right now!

I can't wait

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN

Emily May
Ever since I finished The 5th Wave, the very thought of this sequel has inspired a reaction something like:

I really LOVED the first book. I read it in the middle of my college exam period and it was the only thing that kept me sane in between studying. The atmosphere was just right, the writing was engaging to me, and I thought each of the characters brought something important to the table. Damn, I even wrote a (not very good) song about it. Such love is hard to follow.

When I opened this book I...more
Irish V.
May 20, 2013 Irish V. marked it as to-read
August 2014?

Zaira
We have a title and a publication date!!

description

Waiting for this book which I don't even know the title.

description
Melanie Mertens
Jun 20, 2013 Melanie Mertens marked it as to-read
Omfg.

I'm completely blown away by what the first book did to me.

I'm going to be honest here: I didn't like Evan from the start. For me, it always was Cassie and Ben.
I was okay with the friendship-bonding thing between Ben and Ringer, but Cassie and Evan? I was just sitting there like "NO! NO! DON'T FREAKIN' TOUCH HER!"

I mean, HE HAS BEEN STALKING YOU FOR HOW LONG NOW? A MONTH? Ew. That's just creepy. And come on, Rick Yancey. Please don't go all Twilight on us, like "Uh oh no, I am an alien, you...more
Kat O'Keeffe
I liked this book, but after the awesomeness of The 5th Wave, it was somewhat of a let down. The writing, world, and characters were all fantastic, but the story was hard for me to get into, especially in the first 100 pages or so, which I felt kind of dragged. Things picked up and the book definitely ended on a high note, but that didn't quite make up for the beginning. I'm still invested in the series and can't wait to get my hands on the final book, but I don't think this was a very strong in...more
Rebelangel
May 28, 2013 Rebelangel marked it as to-read
I need this book now! WHAT HAPPENS TO EVAN! I DOT WANT HIM TO BE DEAD!!!
Kim
The good news everyone is dying for: NO LOVE TRIANGLE. In fact, there's hardly a romantic component to this book at all.

If anything there is (view spoiler)

And there's no cliffhanger! Not rea...more
*Regan* Percabeth1122
Sep 21, 2014 *Regan* Percabeth1122 is currently reading it
Why can't I have this book freaking now?! Oh yeah! That's because it comes out in like what, August...of 2014?!?! UGH!!! I am SICK of cliffhangers! After what Rick Riordan did to me, I don't think I can take it! Wait...Rick Riordan...Rick Yancey...OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The Rick's are Cliffhanger kings!!! -.- why, just why?
Ails
Sep 16, 2014 Ails is currently reading it
UPDATE: 09/16/2014

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!!!

UPDATE: 09/03/2014

Rick Yancey: "They will be absolutely shocked — shocked — by Evan's fate."

What kills pure consciousness? What kills beings who had managed to exist without a physical body for thousand of years?

Only 13 days to go before this sequel's release and only 13 days to find out! I'm sooooo excited!

FULL INTERVIEW HERE: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/bo...

UPDATE: 05/06/2013

I need this right now! I need to know what happened to Evan!
Julie
Sep 21, 2014 Julie is currently reading it
I can't wait until 2014. is this a joke?!

for the record, there better not be a -freaking- love triangle in the second book or I will flip out. why can't two people just like each other in dystopian novels?!

EVANNNNNNNNNN all the way, who cares if he's an alien, to be honest, I'm just happy they have some sort of a connection other than a flimsy unimportant one-sided highschool crush!

if ever I see Yancey somewhere on this earth, I will find out where he lives and forcefully take that unpublishe...more
Sarah Taft
Jan 01, 2014 Sarah Taft marked it as to-read
If there's an intense, Twilight-esque love triangle, I'M GOING TO MOTHERFUCKING SHOOT EVERYBODY IN SIGHT I'm going to cry really, really, really hard.

Evan's the choice. It's not Ben. It never has been Ben. And godmotherfuckingdammit it never will be Ben.

Cassie saved Evan. Evan's ALWAYS liked Cassie. Therefore Evan + Cassie = happy book.

That is all.
Lisa RC
Nov 08, 2013 Lisa RC marked it as to-read
I must say, I regret not reading the first book earlier.
CAUSE IT WAS AWESOME.
Well, then again, I don't have to wait for much longer for the second book.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW: "The Infinite Sea" is the name of one of the chapters in The Fifth Wave.

WHY I ENJOYED THE FIFTH WAVE
I love authors who can f***ing write.

The famous:
...But if I'm it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I'm going to let the story end this way. I may be the last one, but I am the one still...more
Luluroxxi
EVANNNN!!!!! He can't be dead! Ben "Zombie" whatever is really starting to annoy me, how come he's with Cassie and Evan ISN'T?!? I neeeeeeed this book...
Reading Teen
Why I DNF'd this book:

I am so sad that this book was such a disappointment.

I loved The Fifth Wave so much. I mean, 5-star-loved it! From beginning to end, that book had me captivated. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I finally decided . . .

I'm not finishing this book.

Excessive, redundant, unneeded, superfluous. These are the words that came to mind over and over as I was trudging through the first 2/3 of this book. I was just so bored. The first half of the book is filled with endless...more
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
You say you know how we think? Then you know what I'm going to do. I'll rip your face off with a pair of tweezers. I'll tear your heart out with a sewing needle. I'll bleed you out with seven billion tiny cuts, one for each one of us.
That's the cost. That's the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you're left with humans with no humanity.
In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker.

Pulse-pounding, heart-throbbing, intense, brutal perfection. Not a momen...more
Tameka
Apr 27, 2014 Tameka marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: give-me-now
THAT DATE IS TOO FAR.

~Tina~
Considering this is probably one of the most anticipated book this year and anything I could possibly say would be a spoiler, I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet.The Infinite Sea, is a merciless, horrifying, sadistic emotional basketcase. This book plays with your mind, stirs up all the feels and brings you to the very edge of madness. Danger is always immediate, risk are always to high, sacrifice must be made and lost inevitable. Love may be the weakness, but it's also the strength and the...more
Rachel G
Aug 17, 2013 Rachel G marked it as to-read
i need this book...NOW!!!!
who else wants to team up to raid rick yancey's house for the manuscript!???
Bookables
I was patiently waiting for this book all year. If your not new to my Youtube channel, then you will know how much I LOVED The 5th Wave. I thought it was amazingly written, creepy and I just fell in love hard with it. So it's safe to say I had huge expectations for the sequel.

It didn't meet them though to me.
The first problem I have with it is that it's 160 pages shorter than the first book. Granted the first book isn't an insanely long book, it clocks in at 460 pages but to have a sequel only 3...more
Saru (Queen of Bookland)
Edit: 7/10/14:

3 CHAPTER EXCERPT GUYSS

I AM EXCITED.

September.

SEPTEMBER.

SEPTEMBER.

This is gonna be problem, because as far as I know, September is not May, June, or even July. July is the farthest away that this book can be published without me going insane. Also, the fact that (view spoiler) is worrying me.

Waiting for this book will be the death of me.

Mc Manalo
It’s worth the waiting. I LOVE IT!!!
I can’t wait for the next one!
The thrill and suspense is superb. I just kept on turning the pages and going with the flow. It was like every moment you’re waiting what is going to happen next. Amazing!!! *bow* *clap*

*MC’s Corner*
Note: Spoilers.
• It started with this jaw dropping scene and it was like, ‘Oh My God, WTF?! Did Rick Yancey went Dorothy?!’
It was sooo evil and it makes sense on what’s the purpose of those… (I am not spoiling it.)

• This… I am spoili
Mikayla Bowers
May 20, 2013 Mikayla Bowers marked it as to-read
Seriously?? That's how it ends?! Really!!! Dang cliff-hangers haha
A Full Bookshelf
Jul 21, 2013 A Full Bookshelf marked it as to-read
Team Evan!!!!!
Evie
Holy shit, this was absolutely spectacular. I don't think any other book I've read this year can measure up. And I've read a lot of really amazing books this year. I thoroughly despise the fact that I have to wait another year for the third volume, and I loathe the fact that it will be the last volume even more.
This book was fucking awesome.
Tate Townsend
While everyone is figuring out couples, we don't even know if Evan is alive (though I'm sure he is. If he was dead, it would ruin the whole "love triangle" thing the book is bound to have). But everyone seems to have forgotten the unwritten rule of writing! In every book/book series, someone beloved and important dies. Allegiant, Harry potter, and mocking jay are perfect examples. So in the infinite sea, Evan, Cassie, or even Ben or Ringer may die. Also, I'm almost positive this will be at least...more
Cassie
Jul 04, 2014 Cassie marked it as to-read
It has a cover!! and it's July!! So close...

-----------------------------------------------------

September.

No. Not okay.

NOT OKAY.

Evan better be alive.
Crazy for Young A...: The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey → Start Date: September 29, 2014 37 104 15 minutes ago
Love triangle or not? 1 8 21 hours, 7 min ago
What the heck happened? 9 152 Sep 28, 2014 06:40PM
5th Wave Plot Summary (refresh before starting the Infinite Sea) 1 24 Sep 24, 2014 10:30AM
SciFi and Fantasy...: The Infinite Sea 1 56 Sep 08, 2014 05:45AM
BWG Teen Summer R...: 5th Wave sequel excerpt 1 27 Aug 26, 2014 07:59AM
All About YA : The Infinite Sea 1 25 Aug 08, 2014 02:12PM
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Mortal Gods (Goddess War, #2)
  • The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • The Glass Arrow
  • Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • Atlantia
  • Endsinger (The Lotus War, #3)
  • Blood Of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
aka Richard Yancey

Rick is a native Floridian and a graduate of Roosevelt University in Chicago. He earned a B.A. in English which he put to use as a field officer for the Internal Revenue Service. Inspired and encouraged by his wife, he decided his degree might also be useful in writing books and in 2004 he began writing full-time.

Since then he has launched two critically acclaimed series: The Ext...more
More about Rick Yancey...
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) The Curse of the Wendigo (The Monstrumologist, #2) The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp (Alfred Kropp, #1) The Isle of Blood (The Monstrumologist, #3)

“That’s the cost. That’s the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you’re left with humans with no humanity.

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”
39 likes
“Ha-ha. The dumb jock who can’t talk the Queen’s English. I swear to God, the next person who corrects my grammar gets punched in the face.” 27 likes