Start by marking “The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)

The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  88,832 Ratings  ·  10,597 Reviews
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal:
Published September 16th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Sea, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ashleigh IM NOT EVEN GUNNA LIE!! i will die a little bit inside if he doesn't come back, ben is cool and all, but EVAN is "it" she needs to be with him.
Midnight Summers I think Ben's better with Cassie... And Ringer... with Razor...
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,405 books — 15,823 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,527 books — 9,049 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
Mar 16, 2013 Emily May rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, sci-fi, 2014
I really LOVED The 5th Wave. I read it in the middle of my college exams and it was the only thing that kept me sane in between studying. The atmosphere was just right, the writing was engaging to me, and I thought each of the characters brought something important to the table. Such love is hard to follow.

When I opened this book I was both excited and nervous. My expectations were so high that I knew it was dangerous. And, what can I say? I really needn't have worried. There is something so utt
Montana
I need this book.
Need it.
I'd kill for it.
I. Need. This. Book. NOW.
Rick Yancey, you better hurry up. I know, I know, it takes time to write a masterpiece.
But.
Really?
I just can't...my whole life is waiting.
-City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
-House of Hades (Heros of Olympus, #4)
-The 5th Wave #2
-Allegiant (Divergent #3)
-The Seeker/The Soul (The Host #2, #3)
-Lady Midnight/Prince of Shadows/ Queen of Air and Darkkness (The Dark Artifacts, #1, #2, #3)
-World Aft
Christine Riccio
Jan 13, 2014 Christine Riccio rated it really liked it
Not as good as book one, but i still love these characters! Here's my full review/ booktalk with all the feels: http://youtu.be/O9LfR2RHY7Y
Kat O'Keeffe
I liked this book, but after the awesomeness of The 5th Wave, it was somewhat of a let down. The writing, world, and characters were all fantastic, but the story was hard for me to get into, especially in the first 100 pages or so, which I felt kind of dragged. Things picked up and the book definitely ended on a high note, but that didn't quite make up for the beginning. I'm still invested in the series and can't wait to get my hands on the final book, but I don't think this was a very strong in ...more
Rejoice Jackson
Sep 20, 2013 Rejoice Jackson rated it it was amazing
Cynn
Oct 18, 2013 Cynn marked it as to-read
THAT COVEEER

¿September 2014?

I need the fucking book right now!

I can't wait

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN

Shannon (leaninglights)
I just finished this and forgot everything that happened because nothing happened.
Etnik
____________________________________________
“That’s the cost. That’s the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you’re left with humans with no humanity.

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”

____________________________________________

Definitely not disappointing!

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

First I want to say something.Before reading this,I heard many many bad reviews and things about this book,and if yo

Natalie Monroe
*zero spoilers for the first book*

Good morning, The Infinite Sea. I'm afraid I have some bad news. You're suffering from a bad case of Second Book Syndrome.

It's a common affliction in the YA middle child. Symptoms include dragging narrative, long periods of character inertia, lack of substantial plot, and padding. While it's not contagious, people reading you may experience boredom or frustration.

There's no known cure, I'm afraid. You're going to have to wait it out. I'd advise a year long quar
Zaira
Jul 25, 2013 Zaira marked it as to-read
We have a title and a publication date!!

description

Waiting for this book which I don't even know the title.

Reading Corner
Jan 26, 2016 Reading Corner rated it really liked it
I definitely prefer The Fifth Wave to this book but The Infinite Sea doesn't fail to deliver and is an excellent sequel.The plot isn't as engrossing as the first book, due to the unveiled mystery but this book still manages to reel you into the unwinding chaos and takes hold of your emotions.

The writing is fantastic, as it submerges you into the catastrophe and fear the characters have to bear, in order to survive.The characters struggle is really felt in this novel, as all of the characters are
Melanie Mertens
Jun 20, 2013 Melanie Mertens marked it as to-read
Omfg.

I'm completely blown away by what the first book did to me.

I'm going to be honest here: I didn't like Evan from the start. For me, it always was Cassie and Ben.
I was okay with the friendship-bonding thing between Ben and Ringer, but Cassie and Evan? I was just sitting there like "NO! NO! DON'T FREAKIN' TOUCH HER!"

I mean, HE HAS BEEN STALKING YOU FOR HOW LONG NOW? A MONTH? Ew. That's just creepy. And come on, Rick Yancey. Please don't go all Twilight on us, like "Uh oh no, I am an alien, you
Eris
May 20, 2013 Eris marked it as to-read
August 2014?

Juliana Zapata
Oct 07, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Tengo que reconocer que esta parte de la historia me sorprendió bastante, aunque no tuvo tan buen ritmo como el primer libro, si tuvo mucha mas profundidad, no solo en el mundo que creó el autor sino también en cada uno de los personajes principales de este segundo libro de la saga.

Después del primer libro quedaron muchas preguntas y la mayoría de ellas fueron resueltas en "El mar infinito" el mundo esta cada vez mas desolado y los alienigenas nos están ganando el planeta. No hay una resistencia
Reading Teen
Sep 10, 2014 Reading Teen rated it it was ok
Why I DNF'd this book:

I am so sad that this book was such a disappointment.

I loved The Fifth Wave so much. I mean, 5-star-loved it! From beginning to end, that book had me captivated. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I finally decided . . .

I'm not finishing this book.

Excessive, redundant, unneeded, superfluous. These are the words that came to mind over and over as I was trudging through the first 2/3 of this book. I was just so bored. The first half of the book is filled with endless
Jasmine [Semi-hiatus]
Even the stars will wink out one by one and there will be no light or heat, and this is the war, the endless, futile war against the lightless, heatless void rushing toward us.

[Impressive Reading Experience]
Oh, wow, the most enjoyable thing while reading this is that I'm completely amazed by how perfect and powerful Rick Yancey's words are. He's indeed an extraordinary writer because he never fails to overwhelm you with seemingly simple descriptions yet you'll feel the strength and emotion
Angela
Jun 29, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
re read this book this month and it was even more amazing the second time around

I dont think anyone should or really could write a review to sum up how amazing this book is!!!! Reading it this time I noticed so many tiny things that make up so many big moments. And this book again has stolen my heart and messed with my head.
So for now all I will say is, Rick Yancey has done it again... Brilliant
I just can't understand how anyone couldn't like this series!

Read review for this book and others
Dylan Williams
Nov 01, 2014 Dylan Williams rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This books was a train wreck, and I really did not like it. I read the 5th wave about a year ago, and whilst I didn't think it was anything special, I did enjoy myself while reading it. This book however, has all of the exact same problems just to far greater extremes.

Let's start with the basics; this books is a really poorly structured sequel. The story jumps straight back into where it left off in the 5th wave, without any refresher of who these people are, what they are doing, and what the p
Regan
Jun 13, 2013 Regan rated it it was amazing
BEFORE READING
Why can't I have this book freaking now?! Oh yeah! That's because it comes out in like what, August...of 2014?!?! UGH!!! I am SICK of cliffhangers! After what Rick Riordan did to me, I don't think I can take it! Wait...Rick Riordan...Rick Yancey...OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The Rick's are Cliffhanger kings!!! -.- why, just why?

AFTER READING
Warning. This review may contain spoilers. You have been warned. Don't go crying if you read something from here and you haven't gotten that far. No
Anja
Dec 02, 2015 Anja rated it really liked it
*4.25 SILENT STARS*

"People die. Love endures."

I didn't love this book as much as I loved the prequel, but it was pretty enjoyable nonetheless!
By the way, I completely forgot I still had to write this review, oops! Basically, most of what happened in this one was everyone getting their bearings and it felt like more of an extremely long prequel to the third book, which I honestly can't wait to read.

Though the first half of this book was pretty boring, the second part was seriously awe-inspiring
Arah-Lynda
Mar 21, 2014 Arah-Lynda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top, i-said, why-eh
This is an alien invasion, right? And if you had any doubts after reading The 5th Wave just how far these beings out of time and space will go in search of dominion over this planet and its indigenous occupants, the opening chapter of The Infinite Sea will erase blast those doubts into smithereens. It grabs you by the throat and whispers wetly in your ear…..”Listen Up Chump!”

We pick up with Cassie right where book one ended. She’s got Sams, with his bedraggled bear, as well as Zombie and the re
Kim
The good news everyone is dying for: NO LOVE TRIANGLE. In fact, there's hardly a romantic component to this book at all.

If anything there is (view spoiler)

And there's no cliffhanger! Not rea
Lorena
May 27, 2013 Lorena marked it as to-read
I need this book now! WHAT HAPPENS TO EVAN! I DOT WANT HIM TO BE DEAD!!!
Trina (Between Chapters)
Reread in May 2016.
Rating:
3.5 stars because I keep wavering between 3 and 4.
Updated review:
In my original review (below) I said this book felt like filler and didn't advance the plot much. Upon rereading, I actually disagree with my previous statements. Reading the first 2 books back to back gave me a much bigger picture. And again, the story follows the same pattern as the first book by having one group on the outside, and one group on the inside of the whole alien operation, which I feel lend
Sarah Taft
If there's an intense, Twilight-esque love triangle, I'M GOING TO MOTHERFUCKING SHOOT EVERYBODY IN SIGHT I'm going to cry really, really, really hard.

Evan's the choice. It's not Ben. It never has been Ben. And godmotherfuckingdammit it never will be Ben.

Cassie saved Evan. Evan's ALWAYS liked Cassie. Therefore Evan + Cassie = happy book.

That is all.
Leahxx
Apr 29, 2014 Leahxx rated it really liked it
So basically at first I was like, "Eh, this book is pretty mediocre compared to the first." And then as the book progressed I was like, "HOLY COW THIS BOOK IS FABULOUS." So yeah, I am completely and 100% in love with this book. I mean is it better than the first one? Hard to say, but they're pretty close.

!!!!!!!! SPOILERS. !!!!!!!

1. Wow, so Razor? Yeah, I want one. How is it that all these super attractive and amazing guys are surviving this apocalypse? I would really love to know. Because if t
Heather 'Bookables'
Sep 16, 2014 Heather 'Bookables' rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I was patiently waiting for this book all year. If your not new to my Youtube channel, then you will know how much I LOVED The 5th Wave. I thought it was amazingly written, creepy and I just fell in love hard with it. So it's safe to say I had huge expectations for the sequel.

It didn't meet them though to me.
The first problem I have with it is that it's 160 pages shorter than the first book. Granted the first book isn't an insanely long book, it clocks in at 460 pages but to have a sequel only 3
Maureen
Sep 16, 2014 Maureen rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
This book was so unfocused and jumped around all over the place. The first 200 pages were unfocused and so many unnecessary things happened, not to mention if you haven't read the first book in a while you'll spend the first 100 pages trying to remember everything.
However, once this book entered the last section (last 100 pages) and gained some focus and started progressing it got a lot better. And made a heck of a lot more sense.
Overall, it was a kind of disappointing sequel but the ending stil
Read-along: Leitura Extra - Abril - The Infinite Sea 56 34 May 18, 2017 03:06PM
is230-808-2017: The Infinite Sea 15 9 Mar 19, 2017 08:12PM
What the heck happened? 121 3016 Jan 04, 2017 03:43AM
Is this book confusing? 224 73 Dec 29, 2016 02:58PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2) by Rick Yancey - Restarting November 4th 2016 130 213 Nov 30, 2016 11:17AM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: The Infinite Sea 3 14 Aug 23, 2016 11:25PM
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3)
  • In the End (In the After, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • While We Run (When We Wake, #2)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • Please Remain Calm (This Is Not a Test, #1.5)
  • Avalon (Avalon, #1)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
aka Richard Yancey

Rick is a native Floridian and a graduate of Roosevelt University in Chicago. He earned a B.A. in English which he put to use as a field officer for the Internal Revenue Service. Inspired and encouraged by his wife, he decided his degree might also be useful in writing books and in 2004 he began writing full-time.

Since then he has launched two critically acclaimed series: The Ext
More about Rick Yancey...

The 5th Wave (3 books)
  • The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
  • The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”
283 likes
“When you look death in the eye and death blinks first, nothing seems impossible.” 241 likes