Start by marking “The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)

The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  17,449 ratings  ·  3,101 reviews
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal:
Published September 16th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Sea, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Daring Right with you ladies! I need his POV, Mr. Yancey. Like, I really, really need it.
Midnight Summers I think Ben's better with Cassie... And Ringer... with Razor...
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
20th out of 2,596 books — 15,758 voters
YA Novels of 2014
17th out of 1,467 books — 7,763 voters

More lists with this book...

Montana Wayland/Herondale
I need this book.
Need it.
I'd kill for it.
I. Need. This. Book. NOW.
Rick Yancey, you better hurry up. I know, I know, it takes time to write a masterpiece.
But.
Really?
I just can't...my whole life is waiting.
-City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
-House of Hades (Heros of Olympus, #4)
-The 5th Wave #2
-Allegiant (Divergent #3)
-The Seeker/The Soul (The Host #2, #3)
-Lady Midnight/Prince of Shadows/ Queen of Air and Darkkness (The Dark Artifacts, #1, #2, #3)
-World Aft
Christine Riccio
Not as good as book one, but i still love these characters! Here's my full review/ booktalk with all the feels: http://youtu.be/O9LfR2RHY7Y
Rejoice Herring
Emily May
Ever since I finished The 5th Wave, the very thought of this sequel has inspired a reaction something like:

I really LOVED the first book. I read it in the middle of my college exam period and it was the only thing that kept me sane in between studying. The atmosphere was just right, the writing was engaging to me, and I thought each of the characters brought something important to the table. Damn, I even wrote a (not very good) song about it. Such love is hard to follow.

When I opened this book I
Cynn
Apr 19, 2014 Cynn marked it as to-read
THAT COVEEER

¿September 2014?

I need the fucking book right now!

I can't wait

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN

Kat O'Keeffe
I liked this book, but after the awesomeness of The 5th Wave, it was somewhat of a let down. The writing, world, and characters were all fantastic, but the story was hard for me to get into, especially in the first 100 pages or so, which I felt kind of dragged. Things picked up and the book definitely ended on a high note, but that didn't quite make up for the beginning. I'm still invested in the series and can't wait to get my hands on the final book, but I don't think this was a very strong in ...more
Zaira
We have a title and a publication date!!

description

Waiting for this book which I don't even know the title.

description
Eris
May 20, 2013 Eris marked it as to-read
August 2014?

Melanie Mertens
Jun 20, 2013 Melanie Mertens marked it as to-read
Omfg.

I'm completely blown away by what the first book did to me.

I'm going to be honest here: I didn't like Evan from the start. For me, it always was Cassie and Ben.
I was okay with the friendship-bonding thing between Ben and Ringer, but Cassie and Evan? I was just sitting there like "NO! NO! DON'T FREAKIN' TOUCH HER!"

I mean, HE HAS BEEN STALKING YOU FOR HOW LONG NOW? A MONTH? Ew. That's just creepy. And come on, Rick Yancey. Please don't go all Twilight on us, like "Uh oh no, I am an alien, you
Rebelangel
May 28, 2013 Rebelangel marked it as to-read
I need this book now! WHAT HAPPENS TO EVAN! I DOT WANT HIM TO BE DEAD!!!
*Regan* Percabeth1122
BEFORE READING
Why can't I have this book freaking now?! Oh yeah! That's because it comes out in like what, August...of 2014?!?! UGH!!! I am SICK of cliffhangers! After what Rick Riordan did to me, I don't think I can take it! Wait...Rick Riordan...Rick Yancey...OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The Rick's are Cliffhanger kings!!! -.- why, just why?

AFTER READING
Warning. This review may contain spoilers. You have been warned. Don't go crying if you read something from here and you haven't gotten that far. Not
Kim
The good news everyone is dying for: NO LOVE TRIANGLE. In fact, there's hardly a romantic component to this book at all.

If anything there is (view spoiler)

And there's no cliffhanger! Not rea
Bookables
I was patiently waiting for this book all year. If your not new to my Youtube channel, then you will know how much I LOVED The 5th Wave. I thought it was amazingly written, creepy and I just fell in love hard with it. So it's safe to say I had huge expectations for the sequel.

It didn't meet them though to me.
The first problem I have with it is that it's 160 pages shorter than the first book. Granted the first book isn't an insanely long book, it clocks in at 460 pages but to have a sequel only 3
Reading Teen (Andye)
Why I DNF'd this book:

I am so sad that this book was such a disappointment.

I loved The Fifth Wave so much. I mean, 5-star-loved it! From beginning to end, that book had me captivated. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I finally decided . . .

I'm not finishing this book.

Excessive, redundant, unneeded, superfluous. These are the words that came to mind over and over as I was trudging through the first 2/3 of this book. I was just so bored. The first half of the book is filled with endless
Ails
4 STARS

PLOT - 4
CHARACTERS - 4
WRITING STYLE - 3.5
ROMANCE - 3
UNPUTDOWNABLE LEVEL - 4

It's as amazing as the first book but I'm only giving it 4 stars because I don't feel like it flowed well. There were so many stories going on in so many directions and coming together messily. It's still intense, still brilliantly awesome, but sadly it's lacking in appeal.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, I loved it but at the same time I'm aware that this book wasn't a very strong installment in the trilogy. My fe
Julie
I can't wait until 2014. is this a joke?!

for the record, there better not be a -freaking- love triangle in the second book or I will flip out. why can't two people just like each other in dystopian novels?!

EVANNNNNNNNNN all the way, who cares if he's an alien, to be honest, I'm just happy they have some sort of a connection other than a flimsy unimportant one-sided highschool crush!

if ever I see Yancey somewhere on this earth, I will find out where he lives and forcefully take that unpublishe
Sarah Taft
Jan 01, 2014 Sarah Taft marked it as to-read
If there's an intense, Twilight-esque love triangle, I'M GOING TO MOTHERFUCKING SHOOT EVERYBODY IN SIGHT I'm going to cry really, really, really hard.

Evan's the choice. It's not Ben. It never has been Ben. And godmotherfuckingdammit it never will be Ben.

Cassie saved Evan. Evan's ALWAYS liked Cassie. Therefore Evan + Cassie = happy book.

That is all.
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

WOW. I need a moment.

Okay.

The Infinite Sea is pure awesome and that’s all you really need to know before picking this book up. While I enjoyed The 5th Wave more, The Infinite Sea is definitely still one of the stronger science-fiction reads I’ve ever encountered. The Infinite Sea has it’s own different merits; and there were certain things that I liked more here, and some things that I started to like less.

I found myself not loving Cassie as much as I did in
Lisa RC
Nov 08, 2013 Lisa RC marked it as to-read
I must say, I regret not reading the first book earlier.
CAUSE IT WAS AWESOME.
Well, then again, I don't have to wait for much longer for the second book.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW: "The Infinite Sea" is the name of one of the chapters in The Fifth Wave.

WHY I ENJOYED THE FIFTH WAVE
I love authors who can f***ing write.

The famous:
...But if I'm it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I'm going to let the story end this way. I may be the last one, but I am the one still
Angela
re read this book this month and it was even more amazing the second time around

think ill finally write a review for this month next month

I dont think anyone should or really could write a review to sum up how amazing this book is!!!!
So for now all I will say is, Rick Yancey has done it again... Brilliant

Read review for this book and others on our blog:
Tameka
Apr 27, 2014 Tameka marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: give-me-now
THAT DATE IS TOO FAR.

Laz
Jan 17, 2015 Laz rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dystopia lovers
“That’s the cost. That’s the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you’re left with humans with no humanity.

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”

Stunning. This was just as good as the first one. Full of action, and when I say action I am not talking about running or fooling around, there's real action in it. Blowing up houses, jumping off of helicopters, stabbing in the bathtub.. I love this series, it's so amazing, there is an amazing storyline
Dylan Williams
This books was a train wreck, and I really did not like it. I read the 5th wave about a year ago, and whilst I didn't think it was anything special, I did enjoy myself while reading it. This book however, has all of the exact same problems just to far greater extremes.

Let's start with the basics; this books is a really poorly structured sequel. The story jumps straight back into where it left off in the 5th wave, without any refresher of who these people are, what they are doing, and what the p
Crazy Something Maybe
Here's another book where I'm in the minority. Everyone is raving about this and I feel like I missed something. I just didn't think it was a worthy follow-up to The Fifth Wave.

A lot of the words in this book just seemed... Kind of EXTRA. The overall story was good, but it was like Yancey was trying to trick me into thinking this book was some kind of deep, poignant, earth-shattering narrative by stringing a bunch of pretty words together.

It seemed like it was trying too hard. The redundant I
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
You say you know how we think? Then you know what I'm going to do. I'll rip your face off with a pair of tweezers. I'll tear your heart out with a sewing needle. I'll bleed you out with seven billion tiny cuts, one for each one of us.
That's the cost. That's the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you're left with humans with no humanity.
In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker.

Pulse-pounding, heart-throbbing, intense, brutal perfection. Not a momen
Luluroxxi
EVANNNN!!!!! He can't be dead! Ben "Zombie" whatever is really starting to annoy me, how come he's with Cassie and Evan ISN'T?!? I neeeeeeed this book...
Leahxx
So basically at first I was like, "Eh, this book is pretty mediocre compared to the first." And then as the book progressed I was like, "HOLY COW THIS BOOK IS FABULOUS." So yeah, I am completely and 100% in love with this book. I mean is it better than the first one? Hard to say, but they're pretty close.

!!!!!!!! SPOILERS. !!!!!!!

1. Wow, so Razor? Yeah, I want one. How is it that all these super attractive and amazing guys are surviving this apocalypse? I would really love to know. Because if t
~Tina~
Considering this is probably one of the most anticipated book this year and anything I could possibly say would be a spoiler, I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet.The Infinite Sea, is a merciless, horrifying, sadistic emotional basketcase. This book plays with your mind, stirs up all the feels and brings you to the very edge of madness. Danger is always immediate, risk are always to high, sacrifice must be made and lost inevitable. Love may be the weakness, but it's also the strength and the ...more
Maureen
This book was so unfocused and jumped around all over the place. The first 200 pages were unfocused and so many unnecessary things happened, not to mention if you haven't read the first book in a while you'll spend the first 100 pages trying to remember everything.
However, once this book entered the last section (last 100 pages) and gained some focus and started progressing it got a lot better. And made a heck of a lot more sense.
Overall, it was a kind of disappointing sequel but the ending stil
What the heck happened? 27 488 Feb 21, 2015 01:16AM
Should I start this series?(Spoilers) 1 12 Feb 15, 2015 04:05PM
The 5th Wave RP 1 17 Feb 10, 2015 10:27AM
2015 Reading Chal...: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey 4 55 Jan 27, 2015 02:32AM
GRACE. 7 78 Jan 07, 2015 12:37PM
Novel Books &...: Yancey, Rick - The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2) - Informal Buddy Read; Starts December 31, 2014 30 146 Jan 05, 2015 10:09AM
YA Book Gang!!: The Infinte Sea - Dec 25th!! 67 23 Dec 30, 2014 05:06AM
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Meridian (Arclight, #2)
  • Frozen (Taken, #2)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • Redemption (MILA 2.0, #3)
  • Undivided (Unwind, #4)
  • In the End (In the After, #2)
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles, #2)
  • Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
  • Scan (Scan, #1)
  • Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3)
  • Illusive (Illusive, #1)
  • Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent, #3)
aka Richard Yancey

Rick is a native Floridian and a graduate of Roosevelt University in Chicago. He earned a B.A. in English which he put to use as a field officer for the Internal Revenue Service. Inspired and encouraged by his wife, he decided his degree might also be useful in writing books and in 2004 he began writing full-time.

Since then he has launched two critically acclaimed series: The Ext
More about Rick Yancey...

The Fifth Wave (3 books)
  • The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1)
  • The Last Star (The Fifth Wave #3)
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) The Curse of the Wendigo (The Monstrumologist, #2) The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp (Alfred Kropp, #1) The Isle of Blood (The Monstrumologist, #3)

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”
123 likes
“When you look death in the eye and death blinks first, nothing seems impossible.” 89 likes