Start by marking “The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2)

The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  27,104 ratings  ·  4,319 reviews
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal:
Published September 16th 2014 by Putnam Juvenile (first published 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Sea, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Ashleigh IM NOT EVEN GUNNA LIE!! i will die a little bit inside if he doesn't come back, ben is cool and all, but EVAN is "it" she needs to be with him.
Midnight Summers I think Ben's better with Cassie... And Ringer... with Razor...
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
20th out of 2,646 books — 15,891 voters
YA Novels of 2014
17th out of 1,505 books — 8,318 voters

More lists with this book...

Montana Wayland/Herondale
I need this book.
Need it.
I'd kill for it.
I. Need. This. Book. NOW.
Rick Yancey, you better hurry up. I know, I know, it takes time to write a masterpiece.
But.
Really?
I just can't...my whole life is waiting.
-City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)
-House of Hades (Heros of Olympus, #4)
-The 5th Wave #2
-Allegiant (Divergent #3)
-The Seeker/The Soul (The Host #2, #3)
-Lady Midnight/Prince of Shadows/ Queen of Air and Darkkness (The Dark Artifacts, #1, #2, #3)
-World Aft
Christine Riccio
Not as good as book one, but i still love these characters! Here's my full review/ booktalk with all the feels: http://youtu.be/O9LfR2RHY7Y
Emily May
Ever since I finished The 5th Wave, the very thought of this sequel has inspired a reaction something like:

I really LOVED the first book. I read it in the middle of my college exam period and it was the only thing that kept me sane in between studying. The atmosphere was just right, the writing was engaging to me, and I thought each of the characters brought something important to the table. Damn, I even wrote a (not very good) song about it. Such love is hard to follow.

When I opened this book I
Rejoice Jackson
Cynn
Apr 19, 2014 Cynn marked it as to-read
THAT COVEEER

¿September 2014?

I need the fucking book right now!

I can't wait

EVAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN

Kat O'Keeffe
I liked this book, but after the awesomeness of The 5th Wave, it was somewhat of a let down. The writing, world, and characters were all fantastic, but the story was hard for me to get into, especially in the first 100 pages or so, which I felt kind of dragged. Things picked up and the book definitely ended on a high note, but that didn't quite make up for the beginning. I'm still invested in the series and can't wait to get my hands on the final book, but I don't think this was a very strong in ...more
Etnik
____________________________________________
“That’s the cost. That’s the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you’re left with humans with no humanity.

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”

____________________________________________

Definitely not disappointing!

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

First I want to say something.Before reading this,I heard many many bad reviews and things about this book,and if yo

Zaira
We have a title and a publication date!!

description

Waiting for this book which I don't even know the title.

Eris
May 20, 2013 Eris marked it as to-read
August 2014?

Melanie Mertens
Jun 20, 2013 Melanie Mertens marked it as to-read
Omfg.

I'm completely blown away by what the first book did to me.

I'm going to be honest here: I didn't like Evan from the start. For me, it always was Cassie and Ben.
I was okay with the friendship-bonding thing between Ben and Ringer, but Cassie and Evan? I was just sitting there like "NO! NO! DON'T FREAKIN' TOUCH HER!"

I mean, HE HAS BEEN STALKING YOU FOR HOW LONG NOW? A MONTH? Ew. That's just creepy. And come on, Rick Yancey. Please don't go all Twilight on us, like "Uh oh no, I am an alien, you
Reading Teen
Why I DNF'd this book:

I am so sad that this book was such a disappointment.

I loved The Fifth Wave so much. I mean, 5-star-loved it! From beginning to end, that book had me captivated. So, you can imagine my disappointment when I finally decided . . .

I'm not finishing this book.

Excessive, redundant, unneeded, superfluous. These are the words that came to mind over and over as I was trudging through the first 2/3 of this book. I was just so bored. The first half of the book is filled with endless
*Regan* Percabeth1122
BEFORE READING
Why can't I have this book freaking now?! Oh yeah! That's because it comes out in like what, August...of 2014?!?! UGH!!! I am SICK of cliffhangers! After what Rick Riordan did to me, I don't think I can take it! Wait...Rick Riordan...Rick Yancey...OH MY GOODNESS!!!! The Rick's are Cliffhanger kings!!! -.- why, just why?

AFTER READING
Warning. This review may contain spoilers. You have been warned. Don't go crying if you read something from here and you haven't gotten that far. No
Rebelangel
May 28, 2013 Rebelangel marked it as to-read
I need this book now! WHAT HAPPENS TO EVAN! I DOT WANT HIM TO BE DEAD!!!
Natalie Monroe
*zero spoilers for the first book*

Good morning, The Infinite Sea. I'm afraid I have some bad news. You're suffering from a bad case of Second Book Syndrome.

It's a common affliction in the YA middle child. Symptoms include dragging narrative, long periods of character inertia, lack of substantial plot, and padding. While it's not contagious, people reading you may experience boredom or frustration.

There's no known cure, I'm afraid. You're going to have to wait it out. I'd advise a year long quar
Kim
The good news everyone is dying for: NO LOVE TRIANGLE. In fact, there's hardly a romantic component to this book at all.

If anything there is (view spoiler)

And there's no cliffhanger! Not rea
Bookables
I was patiently waiting for this book all year. If your not new to my Youtube channel, then you will know how much I LOVED The 5th Wave. I thought it was amazingly written, creepy and I just fell in love hard with it. So it's safe to say I had huge expectations for the sequel.

It didn't meet them though to me.
The first problem I have with it is that it's 160 pages shorter than the first book. Granted the first book isn't an insanely long book, it clocks in at 460 pages but to have a sequel only 3
Ails
4 STARS

PLOT - 4
CHARACTERS - 4
WRITING STYLE - 3.5
ROMANCE - 3
UNPUTDOWNABLE LEVEL - 4

It's as amazing as the first book but I'm only giving it 4 stars because I don't feel like it flowed well. There were so many stories going on in so many directions and coming together messily. It's still intense, still brilliantly awesome, but sadly it's lacking in appeal.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, I loved it but at the same time I'm aware that this book wasn't a very strong installment in the trilogy. My fe
Dylan Williams
This books was a train wreck, and I really did not like it. I read the 5th wave about a year ago, and whilst I didn't think it was anything special, I did enjoy myself while reading it. This book however, has all of the exact same problems just to far greater extremes.

Let's start with the basics; this books is a really poorly structured sequel. The story jumps straight back into where it left off in the 5th wave, without any refresher of who these people are, what they are doing, and what the p
Anna
“My father used to tell this story about six blind men and an elephant. One man felt the elephant’s leg and said an elephant must look like a pillar. Another felt the trunk and said an elephant must look like a tree branch. Blind guy number three felt the tail and said an elephant is like a rope. Fourth guy feels the belly: The elephant is like a wall. Fifth guy, ear: The elephant is shaped like a fan. Sixth guy, a tusk, so an elephant must be like a pipe.”

... “The point is,” I tell him, “from
Julie
I can't wait until 2014. is this a joke?!

for the record, there better not be a -freaking- love triangle in the second book or I will flip out. why can't two people just like each other in dystopian novels?!

EVANNNNNNNNNN all the way, who cares if he's an alien, to be honest, I'm just happy they have some sort of a connection other than a flimsy unimportant one-sided highschool crush!

if ever I see Yancey somewhere on this earth, I will find out where he lives and forcefully take that unpublishe
Sarah Taft
Jan 01, 2014 Sarah Taft marked it as to-read
If there's an intense, Twilight-esque love triangle, I'M GOING TO MOTHERFUCKING SHOOT EVERYBODY IN SIGHT I'm going to cry really, really, really hard.

Evan's the choice. It's not Ben. It never has been Ben. And godmotherfuckingdammit it never will be Ben.

Cassie saved Evan. Evan's ALWAYS liked Cassie. Therefore Evan + Cassie = happy book.

That is all.
Angela
re read this book this month and it was even more amazing the second time around

think ill finally write a review for this month next month

I dont think anyone should or really could write a review to sum up how amazing this book is!!!!
So for now all I will say is, Rick Yancey has done it again... Brilliant

Read review for this book and others on our blog:
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

WOW. I need a moment.

Okay.

The Infinite Sea is pure awesome and that’s all you really need to know before picking this book up. While I enjoyed The 5th Wave more, The Infinite Sea is definitely still one of the stronger science-fiction reads I’ve ever encountered. The Infinite Sea has it’s own different merits; and there were certain things that I liked more here, and some things that I started to like less.

I found myself not loving Cassie as much as I did in
Leahxx
So basically at first I was like, "Eh, this book is pretty mediocre compared to the first." And then as the book progressed I was like, "HOLY COW THIS BOOK IS FABULOUS." So yeah, I am completely and 100% in love with this book. I mean is it better than the first one? Hard to say, but they're pretty close.

!!!!!!!! SPOILERS. !!!!!!!

1. Wow, so Razor? Yeah, I want one. How is it that all these super attractive and amazing guys are surviving this apocalypse? I would really love to know. Because if t
Ecmel Soylu
Salı günleri Teen Wolf izlerim ben. Sabah kalktığımda yeni çıkan bölümü indirir, aceleyle yiyecek bir şeyler hazırlar ve koltuğa kurulurum hemen. Bugün tatilden döndüm ve yolda kendimi saçma sapan, nedensiz bi şekilde eve gelince henüz izlemediğim bir Teen Wolf bölümü olduğuna inandırmışım, heyecandan kurmuşum kafamda. Oysa tatile perşembe günü çıktık ve ben o haftaki bölümü zaten izlemiştim.
Her neyse işte, bütün yol boyunca kendimi mutluluktan şişirip yeni bölümün henüz çıkmamış olduğunu öğren
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
You say you know how we think? Then you know what I'm going to do. I'll rip your face off with a pair of tweezers. I'll tear your heart out with a sewing needle. I'll bleed you out with seven billion tiny cuts, one for each one of us.
That's the cost. That's the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you're left with humans with no humanity.
In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker.

Pulse-pounding, heart-throbbing, intense, brutal perfection. Not a mome
Lisa RC
I must say, I regret not reading the first book earlier.
CAUSE IT WAS AWESOME.
Well, then again, I don't have to wait for much longer for the second book.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW: "The Infinite Sea" is the name of one of the chapters in The Fifth Wave.

WHY I ENJOYED THE FIFTH WAVE
I love authors who can f***ing write.

The famous:
...But if I'm it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I'm going to let the story end this way. I may be the last one, but I am the one still
Maureen
This book was so unfocused and jumped around all over the place. The first 200 pages were unfocused and so many unnecessary things happened, not to mention if you haven't read the first book in a while you'll spend the first 100 pages trying to remember everything.
However, once this book entered the last section (last 100 pages) and gained some focus and started progressing it got a lot better. And made a heck of a lot more sense.
Overall, it was a kind of disappointing sequel but the ending stil
What the heck happened? 33 647 Jul 25, 2015 03:20PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey - Restarting August 22nd 2015 43 97 Jul 25, 2015 10:43AM
Love triangle or not? 15 276 Jul 06, 2015 10:52AM
Razor and Ringer 6 66 Jul 01, 2015 10:38PM
A Million More Pages: 2 - The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave): Jun 18 22 10 Jun 22, 2015 05:41PM
YA Book Gang!!: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey - start April 1st 8 13 Apr 17, 2015 02:21PM
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • This Shattered World (Starbound, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • In The Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • In the End (In the After, #2)
  • Three (Article 5, #3)
  • In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink, #2)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • Idols (Icons, #2)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3)
  • After the End (After the End, #1)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)
  • Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles, #2)
aka Richard Yancey

Rick is a native Floridian and a graduate of Roosevelt University in Chicago. He earned a B.A. in English which he put to use as a field officer for the Internal Revenue Service. Inspired and encouraged by his wife, he decided his degree might also be useful in writing books and in 2004 he began writing full-time.

Since then he has launched two critically acclaimed series: The Ext
More about Rick Yancey...

The 5th Wave (3 books)
  • The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
  • The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3)
The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1) The Curse of the Wendigo (The Monstrumologist, #2) The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp (Alfred Kropp, #1) The Isle of Blood (The Monstrumologist, #3)

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”
161 likes
“When you look death in the eye and death blinks first, nothing seems impossible.” 122 likes