Start by marking “Free Falling” as Want to Read:
Free Falling

Free Falling (Extreme Escapes, Ltd.)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,389 ratings  ·  226 reviews
Sometimes falling in love is the most dangerous thing of all...

Blue’s a thief who lives for adrenaline and danger. When he meets Mick, a mercenary and a hitter, he feels an immediate attraction. But Mick reneges on a bet they’ve made, leaving Blue pissed and confused.

When they meet again a year later, Blue’s in terrible danger after having walked into the middle of one of
ebook, First Edition, 150 pages
Published December 5th 2012 by SEJ (http://sejakes.com)

To ask other readers questions about Free Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free Falling

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleWarrior's Cross by Madeleine UrbanMexican Heat by Laura BaumbachEvenfall by Santino HassellLuck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling
Best Gay Assassins and Spies
16th out of 157 books — 394 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCut & Run by Abigail RouxWith Caution by J.L. LangleySticks & Stones by Abigail RouxForce of Law by Jez Morrow
Best Gay Alpha Males
80th out of 530 books — 654 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I had some pretty big issues with this story that dropped my rating way, way down.

I think I'm getting the feeling for S.E. Jakes and her writing style by now. She writes bad ass, alpha males that all have tons of baggage. I like the general feeling of this story but it was the details that killed me.

1) The insta-love. Honestly, I'm sick to DEATH of the MCs falling in love in seconds. These two guys went from next to strangers to "lovey love love" in 5 seconds flat. It reads really false to me.
Ingela
Written December 16, 2013

4.4 Stars - slightly too short but so lovely to read - it burns almost...

I already read two closely related books about some friends, Catch a Ghost and Long Time Gone, and loved both. It will be interesting to see what this rather short novel has to offer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Free Falling offers me ~ ...absolutely everything. I am so pleased and kind of "filled" with these two cheeky, but very sweet, tough guys. I want more about Blue and Mick, now immediately!
“If I catch
Mona
Apr 04, 2014 Mona rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
**5 Falling for Blue and Mick Stars**
All Blue's been through, he's been through alone.
He doesn't know any other way.
description

Fuck, but you gotta love the delicious and fierce men of Extreme Escapes, Ltd. You'll be a fool not to won't one of your own. And this book...YES, I totally LOVED it!! I don't think there ever was a boring moment to be read. I was drawn in and captivated by every word. From the characters, to the build up of their relationship. And all the ups and downs, they experience. This book
Barbara
May 08, 2014 Barbara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Barbara by: Ingela
“Sometimes falling in love is the most dangerous thing of all…”

photo francois-rousseau-013_728_zps63e9ed14.jpg
Sexual healing at it’s finest ♥♥

The chemistry between these two characters is mind-blowing, and the sex? Hot, steamy, original and seriously manly!!!

Anyone looking for a rush of heat and adrenaline should definitely pick up a copy! ;)

I'll definitely be picking up more books from this author.

Susan

This was ok...liked it...big potential if it continues on into a series...

Great, great characters in Blue and Mick...and Prophet (want to know more about Prophet!) and the storyline about a thief, a couple of mercs and a new black market sex drug (for you ICoS readers, think Slide, but even more intense) was super interesting. Hopeful that SE Jakes will pick up with the momentum started and work this into a series.

My issue with this book alone, however, is that I didn't quite get the connection
SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

FOUR & A HALF STARS--Do you have a favorite roller coaster? A ride that feels dangerous but no matter how high or low you get, no matter how rough it can be, you can't help but want to go on one more time just for that feeling...

That feeling is comparable to "Free Falling".

SE Jakes' "Free Falling" is a story that packs punches and surprises all around. We meet new characters, Mick, a mercenary with secrets and Blue, a thief with a couple hidden up his sleeve as well. T
Gina
OMG OMG This story was hot!! It’s probably the reason I flew threw this book in a day….Woohoo!! I will start this review with a complaint…it was too short! I wanted more of Blue and Mick…OMG MORE!!

I loved Blue, the name only won’t let me forget him. A thief with a heart, I would have liked more of his story, but I already said that. And Mick, first appearances had me thinking he was a hard ass, standoffish kinda alpha dude. But again, I was off the mark. I loved these two together, I could feel
Macky ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
4.5*
Really enjoyed this. It was sexy, fast paced and Mick and Blue are HOT together. The book sort of slots into the Men Of Honour, and the new Hell & High Water series' as it also features Prophet and the EE company.

Mick and Blue meet on the job and there's instant lust/attraction but then Mick lets Blue down badly by welching on a bet, leaving Blue feeling humiliated but still deep down, attracted to this charismatic guy. Then twelve months later he meets Mick again when he unintentional
LisaT - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog LisaT131
~~~

I read this after reading and reviewing S.E. Jakes Catch a Ghost. My 4 star review for Catch a Ghost is here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

I suppose I should have read this first, but I do that sort of thing often. Anyway, this was enjoyable, but a little rushed, choppy maybe. Somehow though, that made it a very quick read and satisfied my need to know where the M/C, Prophet, in Catch a Ghost comes from.

This story is about Blue and Mick and how they come together. Trust me, they c
Susan65
4.5 stars because i really, really liked Blue. He was an amazing character who just hit all of my buttons. I loved his snarky responses, his need to bounce off the walls (literally), his cockiness and arrogance towards Mick were funny, not annoying....and he drove Mick crazy, I loved him.

Mick was one seriously alpha mercenary who didn't want to fall in love, wouldn't even say the word love, but Blue was his obsession and knew he couldn't live without him.

This was a great story that never once go
***D. KING*** Alvin
Nov 12, 2014 ***D. KING*** Alvin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to ***D. KING*** Alvin by: LauraZu
DANGEROUSLY HOT! ;)

Yey! I really liked it! :D

I'm not really a big fan of espionage type of reads (I liked those who have normal lives better.) but I liked this one! In fairness the CIA, date drug thing and theme was believable enough for me.
I really liked Blue and Mick btw. Spy & thief hooking up? HOT.

Blue & Mick
I just wished this was longer so I can see their relationship bloom longer. This one is a little fast for me.

And btw, that date drug thing is disturbing and hot at the same ti
Bev

Loved the characters of Mick and Blue. Like even more the fact that they may be cropping up again in the author's new series. 4.5 stars and

Blue is a thief (think latter day Robin Hood), and will only steal things that other people won't miss because they've already got so much...and not always by legal means, it has to be said. Mick is a mercenary, seemingly out for hire to the highest bidder, but his and Blue's paths keep crossing, and when Blue is caught stealing some gem from a suspected dr
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
3-15-14: I just finished re-reading this, for at least the fifth time, which will probably lead to a re-read of CAG, LTG and DD, as well.
Having read those three since first reading this, and then going back, there are so many things included, even if just one or two-word phrases, that become touchstones in the later stories: gray eyes, bruised wrists, "daylight again", climbing, unbroken promises, connections and love.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

If you don't want to read a bluntly straightf
Heather C
Umm, okay, I'm slightly embarrassed to say this...but I really liked this. Even though it was a full-on sexfest from the beginning to the end and the entire plot was more than a little outrageous, I still really really liked it! I loved the characters and the...umm...hot I-need-you-to-fuck-me-now sex. There was humor and snark and even a little saddness. But most import was the tension and chemistry between Blue and Mick...and that DID IT FOR ME!!!

Will be checking out Prophet's story ASAP.
Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Review to come...
JR
Jan 26, 2013 JR rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to JR by: Rhys Ford
Wow, what is not to like about this book. The two major characters Mick and Blue blow me away. Mick-ex CIA, now independent, Blue-thief extraordinaire. How can they not be drawn to each other. Opposites attract and the attraction is volcanic. It starts with Mick rescuing Blue, but by the end Blue rescues Mick. Seeing how that works, is the heart of the story. It has humor, hot sizzling sex, a mighty combo. This is my first book by S.E.Jakes, won't be my last. As a bonus, I understand Prophet wil ...more
Xing
Does it count as a DNF if I quit at 93%, skipped to the end and just read the last paragraph?

Before starting, I thought: "Hi self. I really loved the Hell or Highwater books. I really loved Dirty Deeds. All that's left is a prequel book with two men who were interesting secondary characters in the other books. One of the character's name is Blue. I like the color blue. And OMGILOVETHATCOVER." Why not?

This story is definitely a case of insta-love. I mean, these guys knew absolutely NOTHING about
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
4.5 stars. This was a funny, hot, sexy, fast paced story. I loved both Blue and Mick and looked forward to their interactions. Thankfully, there weren't too many times where they needed to be apart. This story was a quick read for me, as I didn't want to put it down. The guys have great chemistry, both in the sack and out. The only thing that bugged me was how Mick called Blue "boy," but it didn't take away from the story too much. I'm excited there will be more stories like this one and was exc ...more
Gigi

Ah, big, brawny Alpha Males showing each other their soft underbellies. What's not to love, I ask? Other than some minor confusion on my part at just where/when MC Blue and MC Mick's relationship actually started (eventually I realized it was indeed in the past, in a place not written in the book) and where exactly their relationship was headed (not so much of a stretch of confusion on my part, because I don't really think the MCs had much of a clue either at that point) I happily let this thril
Rhys Ford
SE Jakes writing a tale of thieves and danger delivers a lusty, action-packed adventure. Blue and Mick compliment one another beautifully. Both are aggressive in their own way and take no prisoners...including one another. Okay, so maybe a few prisoners are taken but neither of them were unwilling.

Fantastic story. God, I could have an entire series just based on these two.

Well done, Jakes, well done.
Silkeeeeee
A young thief and an ex CIA agent work together to bring down a drug ring who made a drug that makes you crave sex. There's hot sex and more hot sex. Quick story that is apparently part of a sequel.

RE-READ 1/6/14 - It had been too long and I needed to remember who Blue was. I'm glad I re-read this.
~~D✡ni ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~~
I loved the two alpha males in this one but thought the story was underdeveloped overall. I didn't really understand what Mick did for a living (ex-CIA, now in the private sector still helping the CIA or FBI or whomever? So he's a good merc like Blue is the good thief? ), and the Insta Love was over the top. I wish bad guys could be taken down so easily in real life, and pain and grief so easily healed.

(view spoiler)
Isabel
Mick & Blue... There is a overwhelming chemistry between these guys! They are tough men, but so sweet, adorable when they show their emotions!

I am so glad to have read this book, though I should have read it before Catch a Ghost, cause this is the first of the series and we have an introduction to Prophet!

photo 1236957_646483735384153_509193282_n_zpsbdc0c32a.jpg
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
description

A day late and a dollar short but I'm hooked. I think it had something to do with that opening. O_O
description
-Not nearly adequate for what went down in Bogotá. FOR 24 HOURS!!!!!
amen

This series is like a Bond movie with a fuck ton of Bonds and instead of working for MI6 they work for a private firm called Extreme Escapes Ltd. Free Falling focuses on
Mick

and Blue
description

Blue here is a thief and a damn good one. He's in Bogotá on a job when the fates align and put Mick in his path again. Events transpire which lead
Debra
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, with my only complaint being it was too short. I want more Mick and Blue! This was my first S.E. Jakes book, but will not be my last.

Blue is a character I couldn't help but fall in love with. A thief who really likes what he does and has a heart of gold. Mick is a bit more mysterious. I really enjoyed that these two alpha males actually are able to talk to each other, with just enough game playing to make it intersting. There was plenty of back and forth and the
Tina
Oct 01, 2013 Tina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: crime

Blue is a thief who lives for adrenaline and danger. When he meets Mick, a mercenary and a hitter, he feels an immediate attraction.

After having walked into the middle of one of Mick’s jobs Blue is in terrible danger. Mick saves him, and although the two men have fallen for one another, they have no idea how to handle that kind of intimacy that's been forced on them...

When Blue and Mick gave in to their passionate desire for one another I thought my Kindle was on fire. :)

The story has angst, s
Nika (Off to Neverland)
This was so good! Here's to hoping that Mick & Blue become a series!

Mick is ex-CIA and now works at Extreme Escapes, LTD. On one of his missions, he meets Blue, a top-notch thief who sparks something inside of him. They plan to meet one night, but Mick's new mission keeps them apart. But then Blue stumbles into Mick's new mission, and together they have to figure out a way to stay alive and to stay together.

As I've started to expect from S.E. Jakes, the characters were simply wonderful. Blue
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
HOT! I loved Blue his attitude how he tested Mick and how obviously these guys just we're meant to be. The sex was insane hotness. Even with the craziness they had to go through they looked out for one another when each needed it the most. The action was perfect Loved this quickie read!
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Very enjoyable story about a thief with some really hot sex and one of the best MC's (Blue) I've encountered in quite some time. Wow did I like him! He's not even my type - but he absolutely hit me just right. I loved the dialogue - it was just very intimate in a way and made me feel closer to the characters. I liked the side characters - and I was def. intrigued with the world. I immediately went to a related book (seems like the next book really since it happens right after this one) Catch a G ...more
❧Gwen❤❦
Blue & Mick...Wow!

These two are ADORABLE!

This Book And What I Loved

♥The Action

♥The Bit of Suspense

♥The MCs and the SC and I am delighted that there will be more of these guys in books to follow~

♥The Drugging...it was Hot, and I must admit Sweet and Fun.

♥The Pace was great, it held my attention through every page.

♥ The Soft touch of Laura~

♥The Light BDSM...really, really light...spanking, and this time the use of the word "boy" worked out okay~

• Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • Houseboat on the Nile (Spy vs. Spook, #1)
  • Blood & Thunder (THIRDS, #2)
  • Training Season
  • Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)
  • If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 2 (Dark Soul, #2)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • Don't... (Don't..., #1)
  • Starfish and Coffee
SE Jakes writes m/m romance. She believes in happy endings and fighting for what you want.

You can contact her the following ways:

You can email her at authorsejakes@gmail.com

You can post to her Facebook page: Facebook.com/SEJakes

You can Twitter her: Twitter.com/authorsejakes

You can post on her Goodreads Group: Ask SE Jakes

You can follow her on Tumblr: http://sejakes.tumblr.com

You can ask her a ques
More about S.E. Jakes...
Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1) Bound by Honor (Men of Honor, #1) Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2) Bound by Law (Men of Honor, #2) Dirty Deeds (Dirty Deeds, #1)

“Once I fucked you, it would be all over for me. I had to have a guarantee I could get you back. Christ, Blue, the first time I saw you, I wanted to throw you over the couch and fuck you."

Blue flushed but smiled a little. "So why didn't you?"

"Common decency."

"Highly overrated.”
43 likes
“What would you do?"

"Is this one of those morality questions? Cause I got Unsatisfactory on my last few official psych evals when I answered the so-called morality questions.”
28 likes