Start by marking “Arranged Love” as Want to Read:
Arranged Love

Arranged Love

3.22 of 5 stars 3.22  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Suhaani is enjoying her independent status in the US and her sexy Indian American boyfriend, when suddenly she loses her job to recession. And she's forced to move back to India where her father has selected a boy for her from his guitar class.

Suhaani doesn1t know how to tell her Internet-savvy dad and Farmville-addict mother that she's not interested in an arranged match
Published 2012 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about Arranged Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arranged Love

Aneesha

Better than Parul's first book and very aptly for the current fb generation. A really fun read. It was like reading a great romance and so modern and yet so Indian, with a smattering of Hindi songs, all that we right here could identify with. A must read, funny, insightful and witty
Pooja Jeevagan
So well, this happens to be the one final Indian author written novel, which has been amazing with a regular day-to-day, thousand-novel-on-the-same-issue subject...

I won't compare her with Ashwin Sanghi or Amish Tripathi...they are complete different Genre..but I do put her in place for competing with Chetan Bhagat, Ravinder Singh, Sachin Garg, Nikita Singh or so on...and man, she beats them all hands down!!

A simple predictable story, which still can glue you to reading...an unexpectedly good vo
Jaasindah Mir
A graduate at UMich, Suhani is head over heels in love with her Indian-American boyfriend Jay aka Jayant Guy. A painter at heart, Suhani is all set to make money out of a nude painting of her boyfriend. Looking at this American Adonis and getting the features of his exposed body on the canvass, all the accumulated libido is vanished into the air when Suhani’s father calls her up from India and asks her to check her email only to find the photo of a guy from her father’s guitar classes. A potenti ...more
Sarika Patkotwar
Actual rating- 3.5

*NOTE: We (The Readdicts) received a copy of Arranged Love from author Parul A. Mittal in exchange for an honest review. We thank Parul for the book!

Arranged Love is author Parul A. Mittal's second novel. Her first book, Heartbreaks & Dreams! The Girls @ IIT was the story of Tanu, cousin sister of the protagonist in Arranged Love, Suhaani. I haven't read the author's first book yet, but after reading Arranged Love, I'm so eager to know more about the early days, the develo
Ajith Rajan

The back blurb pretty much summarizes the entire story, which is said from Suhaani’s point of view. Usually I get into the narrator’s shoes and become the ‘I’ of a first-person-narrative, but here I became more of a listener, listening to Suhaani say her story. She reveals her innermost thoughts, feelings and experiences (uncensored—I got turned on at several places!), and it was great to see a girl’s thought-processes (I was left confused in many in
Indiabookstore
Losing one’s job, that too at Lehman Brothers is nothing unusual when you think about the late-2000s global financial crisis, but will surely strike the right chord for you as a reader (as it did for me) when our girl takes the centre-stage along-with her Indo-American so-called the eternally true lover and a disgusting-at-first-sight prospective typical IITian suitor.

As the story progresses, it would not be hard to speculate that it’s just going be yet another previously-known narration by an I
Bharat Jhurani
After reading a lot of heavy books of late, “Arranged Love” by Parul Mittal caught my eye at the Mumbai airport. Browsing through it generated some interest and the price point just demanded an impulse purchase from me.

Was it worth it? Read on.

Arranged love is a very common concept in India where arranged marriages thrive and everything from the shaadi ka mandap, baraaat, khana, peena and rona dhona can be arranged, including love.

The plot? Well, it is one more in the chic lit series without muc
Karan Chowdhary
Hi Parul

I have just finished reading your new book, and wanted to write to you about my thoughts. I would just want to admit that I have been straight and blunt with my language and understanding of life lately after experiencing its realities in an different enlightening way, please bear with me and my thoughts as they are in no way to either criticize or bring down the effort of you writing a book and then managing to get it published too !!! For me this moment is a great achievement in itself
Vibina Venugopal
Chick-lit genre is slowly expanding its horizon through the country and Mittal has come up with an interesting pot pouri through her latest novel..
Suhaani's life is a bliss with an independent life as a master's student in the United States with a handsome boy friend and an alluring career ahead of her..Though she misses India somehow she has chosen to fit in the US penning down a future there...Going steady with her half Indian boy friend Jay she is not ready to open up with her family.. But Al
Abhilash Ruhela
The 6th book of this year is done reading in a single sitting. This is what happens when you get your hands on a very interesting and heart-gripping book. Even when I am suffering with epic-kind-of-stomach-pain, it was hard for me to go to sleep/rest by keeping this book aside without turning the last page of it. :-) Finally, I am done. "Arranged Love" which also has the tagline of "Can it get more complicated?" published by Penguin Books. The cover page of book is soothing and once you'll be d ...more
Yesashwini
Totally wacky!I loved very single word of this book,espcially when guys are compared to cars and bikes and Neha's advice to suhaani that "to seek love,sex and marriage in one specimen is like lokking for a car with luxury(love),speed(sex) and mileage(marriage)." so,if you are a person who has a wacky,crazy,streak in you,my boy you'll love this!!
Vinitha
The book is fun and filled with reasons to LOL - it was the perfect weekend read till the author decided to start stereotyping. I had this image of the Deep and Suhanni in my head and the last couple of chapters the author completely changed it around. WHy should Indians (especially single and eligible ones) be stereotyped?
Mansi Verman
A young and fun book, I specifically enjoyed the humour and light tone that the story displays. Although predictable towards the end, I think there was good effort in trying to show how such questions about chosing your life partner does not really have one correct answer - at the end you have to just trust your gut!
Indra
A light read book. Parul has woven a story using humor and her knowledge of the corporate world. Some of the analogies used are interesting. Parul, this could be a plot of a Bollywood movie.
Saheli Roy
Highly recommend it..will make you laugh and sigh.
A roller-coaster ride.ENJOYED IT!
Priyanka
Nothing more than an Indianized version of MnB..
Debdatta D. Sahay (b00k r3vi3ws)
After all the recent campus stories and other stories about IIT/IIM stories, I absolutely wanted to read this book because the summary states that the girl decides reject the IIT-ian. Oh don’t blame me… there’s been just too much written about the ‘difficult years’ that these students go through and the pressures of being an IIT/IIM graduate, I just wanted to read about one getting rejected!

So, the story starts with Suhaani’s life in US. With a degree under her belt and a promising career, she i
Devina Dutta

Parul Mittal's maiden book Heartbreaks and Dreams was a novel that I found realistic and touching. Sadly, Arranged Love could not match up to those expectations. Free spirited, bold bindass heroines have always been a favorite, however, I could not warm upto Suhaani immediately, nor halfway through the book and tragically enough, even after I was done with it. The hero or rather heroes Deep and Jay do not make up for a tough suitor swayamvar as both are extremely weird and irritating and....cli
Dipali
Crestless Wave
“Hey do you know something about chick-lit novels?” texted a friend of mine.
“Chick lit: Chick lit is genre fiction within women's fiction which addresses issues of modern women often humorously and lightheartedly, ” I forwarded her this web-definition.
“What else do I need to keep in mind before reading one?” She texted back.
“Feel Like a Girl!” I replied with excessive use of :biggrin smilies.
I haven’t told her that I’m reading one currently. And how hard I tried to focus; I couldn’t stop myself
Arti
Arranged Love by Paul A Mittal is the story of Suhaani Agarwal, a twenty something girl, the only child of her parents, who is in the US. She loves to paint and wants to put up a painting in an art gallery. She has an Indo-American boyfriend, Jayant Guy, and plans to marry him. Her father, who is more of a friend than a parent, calls her up to check her email where he has sent the biodata and picture of Deepak Goyal, an IITian, who he has selected as a potential suitor for Suhaani from his guita ...more
Smitha
Suhaani is enjoying her independent status in the US and her sexy Indian American boyfriend, when suddenly she loses her job to recession. And she¹s forced to move back to India where her father has selected a boy for her from his guitar class.
Suhaani doesn¹t know how to tell her Internet-savvy dad and Farmville-addict mother that she¹s not interested in an arranged match, especially to an IITian. She decides to dislike the guy.
Except that he’s not too thrilled about her either.
Even when they e
Charanjeet Singh
A light read. It's a very believable story and the twists added to the story are pretty good. The language used is very simple(read amateur), colloquial and FB-gen kind.. For some reason story lacks the soul. The end especially seemed too hurried. It's an average book, which you might read if you don't want to invest a lot of time and money.
Nupur Gupta
It was a fun filled book of Suhaani who has a boyfriend in US but is made to come back to India where her father is searching suitors for her.

I enjoyed the humour and the way author has come down to think like the current FB and net savvy generation.

The portrayal of the Farmville addict mom was also interesting. I especially enjoyed the way different arguments in favour of both arranged and love marriage is presented making the book a good read for not only young gen but also their parents.
Priti Solanki
The subject of the book is very relevant to the youth of our current generation in India. The book throws new light on the idea of meeting suitors for an arranged marriage. However, I found the protagonist to be very confused and unclear to a great extent. Her approach towards love lacks depth. She opts for spreadsheet analysis and asking her friends for deciding who she loves - that is a little unreal. Apart from that, the parts where the girls hang out is enjoyable.
Nafee
...I don't get Indian love stories. Super melodramatic with lots of dialogue, very little action and still over 200 pages? The book is ok within a genre that I find a bit empty and boring overall.
Lekhyareddy
good ,romantic and lovable
Federica
Federica marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Who Do You Marry? 1 5 Feb 19, 2013 04:32AM
How do you know when someone is the Mr/Ms RIGHT for you? 3 10 Jan 16, 2013 04:06PM
Goodreads Librari...: Author status and books 2 154 Nov 22, 2012 03:47PM
  • The Journey
  • Echoes of Pemberley
  • Pirates and Prejudice
  • On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)
  • The Houseguest: A Pride and Prejudice Vagary
  • Hot Wheels and High Heels
  • The Homing Pigeons...
  • Coco Caramel (Chocolate Box Girls, #4)
  • Pride's Prejudice
  • Battle For Bittora
  • Decked with Holly
  • The Cop Who Stole Christmas (Tall, Hot & Texan, #2)
  • Keep The Change
  • Girl Overboard
  • Seducing the Enemy (Heirs of Damon, #1)
  • Longbourn's Unexpected Matchmaker
  • Cinder & Ella
  • Definitely, Maybe in Love (Definitely Maybe, #1)
Parul (Agarwal) Mittal is the author of a national bestseller novel “Heartbreaks & Dreams! – The Girls @ IIT”. She had just released her second novel Arranged Love as a Penguin Metro read imprint.

Apart from reading and writing fiction, the author loves listening to old Hindi music, cannot resist jiving to dance beats, loves to party with friends, and has a keen interest in staying fit.

She did
More about Parul A. Mittal...
Heartbreaks & Dreams! The Girls @ IIT