Start by marking “Your Network Is Your Net Worth: Unlock the Hidden Power of Connections for Wealth, Success, and Happiness in the Digital Age” as Want to Read:

An internationally known public speaker, entrepreneur, and marketing executive shares practical, up-to-date tips for mastering the skills of networking.

Networking doesn’t have to be that frenzied old-school game of calendars packed with stuffy power lunches and sterile evenings at community business gatherings. We’ve entered a new era, one in which shifting cultural values
Published June 4th 2013 by Atria Books (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Your Network Is Your Net Worth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Network Is Your Net Worth

Nefficus
Jun 23, 2013 Nefficus rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
When you start to accumulate a lot of reviews on Goodreads, and almost none of them are two or one star, one of two things is happening...either you are doing a good job at prescreening books, or there's some grade inflation happening. I was worried about the latter, that is, until I read the first 70 pages of this book.

The difficult task here is offering up a review that is both honest and charitable. On the positive side, there were a couple of sentences I wrote down that could prove helpful i
Grant Richards
I started off not liking this book, but by the time I finished it I'd mostly come around. For me, it was too self-helpy and basic; the insights that were meaningful to me could probably have fit in a magazine article. For people who are completely unfamiliar with the mechanics of networking, though, it's a pretty good primer. And the personal anecdotes add up to at least the hazy outline of a moderately interesting professional life.

I suppose any book that advertises "for Wealth, Success and Ha
Fleur Bradley
Jun 17, 2013 Fleur Bradley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a great resource--an undiscovered gem, honestly. The title sums up the direction of the book: it looks at getting ahead in a 21st century way. But it goes deeper, and explores how you can be more successful by seeking out jobs and opportunities that make you happy. It's career advice, but life advice as well.

I would recommend this book for anyone looking to focus their career's direction. It's a book I'll be re-reading, it's so full of great thought, anecdotes, and to-dos.

Disc
Molly Larrison
Jan 04, 2014 Molly Larrison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Porter Gale provides a lot of useful tips on how to advance your career and increase your visibility in the business world. My stars are based on where I am in my career and how relevant her tips are to a woman living in NYC, aiming to develop my career. It is a good resource book... and may not speak to the general public.

Gene
Mar 11, 2015 Gene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let this book break down the sleazy, brown-nosing networking stereotype you may have. This book presents a collaborative and refreshing alternative to building relationships which lead to happier and more productive lives
Sagar Rana
Jun 10, 2013 Sagar Rana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i am the friend with the CEO of this Book :)
Jenn Aubert
The power of networking - both in person and online. And not in the typical sleezy way of the past.
Gladys Wong
A quick read in MPH, excellent!
Anissa C.
Feb 28, 2014 Anissa C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked the book. Reinforced that I'm on track and offered some great, simple new ideas.
Irfan
Feb 08, 2016 Irfan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book , worth reading
Chris
Aug 22, 2013 Chris rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
More of the same bs you get in every business book. This should have been a blog post or magazine article, not a book.
Rohit
Rohit rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2017
Ga Chung
Ga Chung rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2017
Z
Z rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Sahil Sarpal
Sahil Sarpal rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2014
George Mount
George Mount rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2015
Frank Lee
Frank Lee rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Devvrat Kumar
Devvrat Kumar rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Danny-J Johnson
Danny-J Johnson rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2013
Expat Adaptation
Expat Adaptation rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Ming Wang-koh
Ming Wang-koh rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Nisarg Patel
Nisarg Patel rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2014
Radu Siniavschi
Radu Siniavschi rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Rak68788
Rak68788 rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015
Setavit Puagwatana
Setavit Puagwatana rated it it was ok
May 31, 2014
Tom Green
Tom Green rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2015
Tho Tran
Tho Tran rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2014
Andrej Morgan
Andrej Morgan rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do
  • Inspired! How to Be More Original, Insightful and Productive in Your Work
  • Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More
  • ShiftPoints
  • Keeping Up with the Quants: Your Guide to Understanding and Using Analytics
  • Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World's Most Successful Businesses
  • Worthless, Impossible and Stupid: How Contrarian Entrepreneurs Create and Capture Extraordinary Value
  • Inside the Box: A Proven System of Creativity for Breakthrough Results
  • My So-Called Freelance Life: How to Survive and Thrive as a Creative Professional for Hire
  • Selling the Dream
  • The Bootstrapper's Bible: How to Start and Build a Business with a Great Idea and (Almost) No Money
  • Think Like Zuck: The Five Business Secrets of Facebook's Improbably Brilliant CEO Mark Zuckerberg
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • Roadmap: The Get-It-Together Guide for Figuring Out What to Do with Your Life
  • Real Influence: Persuade Without Pushing and Gain Without Giving In
  • The Power of Meditation: An Ancient Technique to Access Your Inner Power
  • New Business Networking: How to Effectively Grow Your Business Network Using Online and Offline Methods
  • Life Unlocked: 7 Revolutionary Lessons to Overcome Fear

“He also advised, “Take a job for what you can learn, not for what it will pay you.” 0 likes
“Having a defined online brand or profile also makes connecting more likely, as credibility checks are just a click away.” 0 likes