Start by marking “Your Network Is Your Net Worth: Unlock the Hidden Power of Connections for Wealth, Success, and Happiness in the Digital Age” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Networking doesn’t have to be that frenzied old-school game of calendars packed with stuffy power lunches and sterile evenings at community business gatherings. We’ve entered a new era, one in which shifting cultural values and the explosion of digital technology enable us to network in vastly more efficient, more focused, and more enjoyable ways.

A fre
Published June 4th 2013 by Atria Books (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Your Network Is Your Net Worth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Network Is Your Net Worth

Nefficus
When you start to accumulate a lot of reviews on Goodreads, and almost none of them are two or one star, one of two things is happening...either you are doing a good job at prescreening books, or there's some grade inflation happening. I was worried about the latter, that is, until I read the first 70 pages of this book.

The difficult task here is offering up a review that is both honest and charitable. On the positive side, there were a couple of sentences I wrote down that could prove helpful i
Grant Richards
I started off not liking this book, but by the time I finished it I'd mostly come around. For me, it was too self-helpy and basic; the insights that were meaningful to me could probably have fit in a magazine article. For people who are completely unfamiliar with the mechanics of networking, though, it's a pretty good primer. And the personal anecdotes add up to at least the hazy outline of a moderately interesting professional life.

I suppose any book that advertises "for Wealth, Success and Ha
Jenn Aubert
The power of networking - both in person and online. And not in the typical sleezy way of the past.
F.T. Bradley
I thought this was a great resource--an undiscovered gem, honestly. The title sums up the direction of the book: it looks at getting ahead in a 21st century way. But it goes deeper, and explores how you can be more successful by seeking out jobs and opportunities that make you happy. It's career advice, but life advice as well.

I would recommend this book for anyone looking to focus their career's direction. It's a book I'll be re-reading, it's so full of great thought, anecdotes, and to-dos.

Disc
Molly Larrison
Porter Gale provides a lot of useful tips on how to advance your career and increase your visibility in the business world. My stars are based on where I am in my career and how relevant her tips are to a woman living in NYC, aiming to develop my career. It is a good resource book... and may not speak to the general public.

Chris
More of the same bs you get in every business book. This should have been a blog post or magazine article, not a book.
Anissa C.
Liked the book. Reinforced that I'm on track and offered some great, simple new ideas.
Sagar Rana
i am the friend with the CEO of this Book :)
Gladys Wong
A quick read in MPH, excellent!
Ching
Ching is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Bryan Smith
Bryan Smith marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Monielle
Monielle marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Todd Frazier
Todd Frazier marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Admar De bruin
Admar De bruin marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Julien Michot
Julien Michot marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Selina Coppersmith
Selina Coppersmith marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Rachel Whitewood
Rachel Whitewood marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Stephania Veloso
Stephania Veloso marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Radu Siniavschi
Radu Siniavschi is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2015
Tera
Tera marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
E.v. Sage
E.v. Sage marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
  • Bank 3.0 - Why Banking is No Longer Somewhere You Go, But Something You Do
  • Your Best Just Got Better: Work Smarter, Think Bigger, Make More
  • New Business Networking: How to Effectively Grow Your Business Network Using Online and Offline Methods
  • The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask about Your Organization: An Inspiring Tool for Organizations and the People Who Lead Them
  • Keeping Up with the Quants: Your Guide to Understanding and Using Analytics
  • The Bootstrapper's Bible: How to Start and Build a Business With a Great Idea and (Almost) No Money
  • Inspired! How to Be More Original, Insightful and Productive in Your Work
  • Inside the Box: A Proven System of Creativity for Breakthrough Results
  • Think Like Zuck: The Five Business Secrets of Facebook's Improbably Brilliant CEO Mark Zuckerberg
  • Ninja Innovation: The Ten Killer Strategies of the World's Most Successful Businesses
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • ShiftPoints
  • Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want
  • Selling the Dream
  • Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It.
  • The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative, Visual Map for Success
  • My So-Called Freelance Life: How to Survive and Thrive as a Creative Professional for Hire
  • Real Influence: Persuade Without Pushing and Gain Without Giving In