Start by marking “Malicious Mischief (A Rylie Keyes Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Malicious Mischief (A Rylie Keyes Mystery #1)

Malicious Mischief (A Rylie Keyes Mystery #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Is it strange to have the unemployment office on speed dial? Not for twenty-four-year-old college dropout Rylie Keyes. Her current job at a small retirement home is worlds more important than all her past gigs, though: if she loses this one, she won’t be able to stop the forced sale of her and her grandfather’s home, a house that has been in the family for ages. But keepin ...more
Published October 22nd 2013 by Entangled Select

To ask other readers questions about Malicious Mischief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Malicious Mischief

Donna
This is laugh out loud funny. In this new series we meet Rylie Keyes who has yet to find herself. She has always wanted to be a P.I. but has been discouraged from chasing that dream by the one person she loves most, her ex-police detective grandfather. So she has tried and failed at a lot of other things. But when a dead man is found in the van she was driving she needs to find out who did it and clear her name. Fans of Stephanie Plum will get a kick out of this book I know I did. I look forward ...more
Casea Major

Riley Tabitha Keys -- a little harebrained, a lot of heart.

Riley Keys needs her job at the Fountain of Youth Retirement Center, but it’s hard to stay employed as a driver when someone is trying to run you off the road...and frame you for murder. Luckily, Riley has the desire for detective work, even if she lacks formal skills. But not to worry, a hilarious supporting cast is there to help her when she falls short, literally and figuratively.

Malicious Mischief is a funny, fast-paced mystery that
Rhonda

My Review:Malicious Mischief by Marianne Harden

4 STARS

This is a funny mystery. Rylie is a fun character. So much happens to her. The other characters are different too. Some of them I just have to know what happens next to them.

The pacing of this story is fast. Everything happens right after each other. Rylie determined to find her boss innocent. She has 24 hours to find the real murder before her grandfather gets home.

Rylie has been in love with the boy next door her good friend police officer
Liza O'Connor
Malicious Mischief is a funny, fast paced, action packed, no clue who did it, mystery novel

I read this in a single setting and thoroughly loved it. (I rarely read anything in one setting) but I have David my robot read it to me as I went about my other tasks such as downloading photos.

Rylie Keye is truly a trouble magnet. Not only are people trying to kill her, but she’s looking like a solid suspect for the murder of her employer.

One of the many things I liked about the book were the drive-by h
Valerie
You couldn't help relate to the character Rylie Keyes. You dive into a live actioned mystery with her and of course it doesn't hurt to have attractive cops. She longs to be a PI.. and when a resident she is taking care of is found dead in the back of the company van well ..let's just say its on! Wasn't as much romance which really I didn't mind the mystery was a plus.. She's spunky .. alert.. and its fascinating to see her curve into this new role she's found herself in. I'd be very interested i ...more
Keri
This was a wonderful surprise! Fans of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series will enjoy this. I had several laugh out loud moments and I enjoyed the mystery all the way to the end. Cannot wait for more from this author! I am anxious to see what Rylie and Talon and Solo and crew get into next!

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review*
Jen
This was a funny mystery book that had me laughing out loud.. Loved it!
Erin

Rylie is one of those people who life seems to enjoy kicking when they’re down. She’s desperate to keep her job so she can support her granddad, but life seems to keep tossing roadblocks in her way. And by road blocks I mean dead bodies, careening vehicles, and suspicious characters at every turn! There is never a dull moment in this woman’s life, whether it was her unrequited love for her childhood sweetheart or the fact that she’s arguably the most unlucky person on her side of the globe. But
Angie
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

I've been wanting to give mysteries another try after enjoying the first (and only) one I read a couple of years ago, so I decided to pick up Malicious Mischief. We're introduced to twenty-four year old wannabe PI, Rylie Tabitha Keyes, as she's driving some trash to be incinerated for her boss. Unfortunately, Riley doesn't make it. She's run off the road by a truck and then a dead body falls out of the back of her van. It's one of the men from the retirement h
Rosemary K
Rylie Tabitha Keyes' track record for holding a job is not good and it doesn't look like that's going to change. She just had her second auto accident in twenty-four hours and now there is a body in her van. It's Otto Weiner, a resident at the senior citizen home where she works . Now Rylie is a suspect. She is accused of helping her boss, Leland Rosenberg, get away with murder? Rylie has one day to solve this crime. Everything is so complicated! At least she has someone to help. Her friend and ...more
April
Solo and Rylie make one heck of a quirky duo. Rylie wants to become a PI but her grandfather-who raised her-does not want her any where near that danger. She can't hold a job doing just about anything else. She's sort of a calamity jane type character, but pulls it off in the end. Currently she drives seniors to various appointments. When one of her seniors is found dead when she has an accident in the van she uses to transport the seniors signs point to her and her employer. She is desperate to ...more
Kat
Kat's Review

This book is light, fun, and at times even a little bit outrageous! Rylie Keyes is a young, aspiring P.I. who can't manage to hold down a job for more than a few months at a time. When she's discovered with a dead man in the back of the truck she's driving, she sets out to solve the crime of Otto's true killer.

One thing I like about this book is that there is a cast of characters ranging in age from the mid-twenties all the way up to mid-eighties. It's not often that seniors get pro
Melliane
3.5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I always love this kind of books, humor, investigation and colorful characters … what more can we ask for?

Rylie is a young woman who can not keep a job long enough. Her dream has always been to become a private investigator, however, her grandfather refused and he formally forbade her to continue in this direction. Pretty sad thing for our young heroine, but she is still determined to make him change his mind. Yet when her grandfather leaves for 24 hours
SE Stone
Rylie Keyes dreams of becoming a private investigator as she chauffeurs senior citizens around town in her latest job. Little did she know that she'd get a shot at that life when a resident of the local nursing home is found dead in the back of her company van. As she scrambles to solve the case before her disapproving grandfather returns to town, her focus is tested with the attentions of two very attractive police officers.

Malicious Mischief is advertised as a romance with some mystery. I thi
Andrea Cooper
4.5 Stars

Rylie Keyes is a hilarious quick-witted heroine. The mystery gets complex (which is not easy to do to me since I figured out all the Nancy Drew books by chapter two when I was ten).

The chapter headings in Malicious Mischief are sarcastic and fit the story-I loved them. The only thing that kept it from 5 stars, for me, is it was too fast-paced in some places, it was one thing after another that kept the pages turning, but I would have liked a moment in between to catch my breath a bit e
Andrea M.
In Malicious Mischief by Marianne Harden we are introduced to Rylie. Rylie finds herself in an accident while she is in the process of transporting the trash from the Fountain of Youth Retirement Home. But the accident is the least of her problems. She finds herself at the center of a murder investigation and she wants to try her hand as an amateur sleuth to dig herself out of her current predicament.

When I first saw the cover and read the synopsis, I thought that this would be a fun mystery to
The Crime Scene Scene
Malicious Mischief is the first novel in the Rylie Keyes series by author Marianne Harden. Rylie Keyes is a wannabe private detective but to keep her grandpa happy and to pay the bills settles for working at a private old persons residence. Driving in the home's bus someone tries to run her off the road and during the accident the stashed body of the not liked Otto Weiner is found apparently having been murdered. It gives Rylie Keyes the opportunity to put her private eye skills to the test as s ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I enjoyed reading Malicious Mischief. The book is full of sarcastic humor and funny situations.

Rylie is in her early twenties and her career goal is to be an investigator. Her grandfather is against the idea, but her opportunity comes when she is pushed off of the road by an oncoming vehicle. She crashes and finds that she has unknowingly transported the dead body of a senior that lives in the senior's center she works in.

Mishap after mishap occur. She is pulled further into the situation as tro
deeann linford
Sorry,thought processes are too scattered,can't read this.

Sorry,thought processes are too scattered,can't read this.

Only reason this book didn't get a lower rating was because there is not one listed. The author's story line is so scattered and convoluted this book was impossible to read.
Versel Rush
Am very conflicted.

Unlike most cozies, the solution was not obvious. However, the story and plotting was very confused and sometimes read like nothing other than funny vignettes spliced together to feed into a weak mystery plot.

The chapter titles are great though they don't seem to have anything to do with the chapters they title.
Michelle
A fun mystery. I think it will be fun following Rylie's adventures as she tries to become a private investigator.
Melissa Kendall
So i'm going to admit this book wasn't what i was expecting when i started it. I was expecting far more romance than i got (though i suspect that is the publishers fault not the authors) That being said it was still a page turner. The mystery kept me going because i needed to know what happened. And i enjoyed all the twists and turns.

I think the humour was probably lost on this Aussie because i didn't really find anything funny. And i would have loved a little bit more romance but the hijinks we
Bookbesties
I was über excited about this book by reading the description, at first glance who wouldn’t be right?
Within the first 5 pages I was thoroughly confused about what was going on and I thought it would get better and it was just laying the ground work for an awesome book. Boy was I wrong!

This book was very ADD for me, I found myself scratching my head on more than one occasion while reading it. More at www.bookbesties.com
Diane Heath
This is the opening salvo in a new series. Rylie wants to be a Private Investigator but her grandfather objects. When a body is found in her van she has to solve the murder herself to insure that she is not the suspect
Erika Rhodes
I found the book to be somewhat comical... yet definitely some mystery..

Rylie is thrown into a murder case in which to help find her boss innocent..and finds herself in a whirl of mishaps..from accidents to laughter its a good mix not really to over the top. I like Zach.. he is your typical fling man but can tell that won't last when he connects with Rylie. He just has his own baggage he has to deal with. Fast paced story.. I think most will find it fulfilling.
NWReader
Exciting mystery and a quick read. Rylie, Solo and friends keep you guessing all the way to the end. I am looking forward to reading the next adventures of Rylie in Delicious Mischief. A must read for mystery readers looking for a good "who dun it".

Zoe Dewing
I received this for Review from publishers. I got so far into the book and time just stood still. I couldn't get into the story and gave up in the end. I couldn't finish the book just the thought of having to pick it back up was a nightmare.
Tess
Sadly, I found this book to be a hard read for me. Although Rylie and her friends seemed quite amusing, the book seemed to just ramble on. I couldn't keep track of who's who and I found myself going back in the book for a quick refresher.
Amanda
This book had enough funny parts to make it an ok book, it was just to slow for me. I couldn't get excited about this book. If you like funny mysteries this book could be for you.
Ann
This is a funny laugh aloud read. Murder and senior sex sirens are at the local senior living center.
  • Tagged for Death (A Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery, 1)
  • The Affair (Entangled Scandalous)
  • Executive Lunch (A Sedona O'Hala Mystery #1)
  • Birdie's Book (The Fairy Godmother Academy, #1)
  • Trouble Under the Tree (Nina Quinn, #6)
  • Soul Sucker (Soul Justice, #1)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Flowerbed of State (A White House Gardener Mystery, #1)
  • Gilt by Association
  • Honey Pie (Cupcake Club, #4)
  • Scrapbook of Secrets
  • If the Shoe Kills (A Tourist Trap Mystery #3)
  • Cold Pursuit
  • The Path of the Crooked
  • First Deadly Conspiracy - Box Set (McRyan Mystery Series)
  • The Detective Inspectors (The Doorknob Society, #4)
  • The Spellcaster's Grimoire
  • Hocus Pocus Hotel
I love making people laugh. True, I should probably spend time on an analyst's couch, but I'd rather spill loads of fun into my books. I'm rarely at a loss for words, which is wicked cool for a writer. And it would be poppycock to say I didn't laze away my wonder years dreaming of far-off places.

Over the years, I've traversed the insanely fun back roads of Australia and New Zealand, trekked the wi
More about Marianne Harden...

A Rylie Keyes Mystery (2 books)
Delicious Mischief (A Rylie Keyes Mystery #2)