Start by marking “Three Tales from the World of Cotton Malone: The Balkan Escape, The Devil's Gold, and The Admiral's Mark (Short Stories)” as Want to Read:

Three Tales from the World of Cotton Malone: The Balkan Escape, The Devil's Gold, and The Admiral's Mark (Cotton Malone 0.5, 5.5, 6.5)

Steve Berry’s bestselling thrillers have mesmerized suspense fans around the world, but his novels alone can’t contain all the exciting exploits of death-defying agent Cotton Malone and his smart, sexy sidekick, Cassiopeia Vitt. Catch all the action between the blockbusters in this trio of suspenseful short stories that capture Cotton and Cassiopeia at their history-huntin ...more
Published December 3rd 2012 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Three Tales from the World of Cotton Malone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Tales from the World of Cotton Malone

S Dizzy
May 09, 2017 S Dizzy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am sure that I will not read any more in this series. It's simply that the plotlines hold no interest for me.
Jennifer Murphy
May 28, 2013 Jennifer Murphy rated it really liked it
I've read the full length stories, up to the recent The Jefferson Key. The shorts are nice fillers, but I wish I had read the full amazon book description to know where in the storyline these shorts lined up to.

The Balkan Escape features Cassiopeia Vitt, who a mysterious support character in the novels that you only learn about in small amounts throughout the various novels. The story was enjoyable as I learned more about the strength of Cassiopeia.

The Devil's Gold features some secondary charac
RumBelle
Jan 15, 2016 RumBelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
THE ADMIRAL'S MARK: This has a tie in with The Columbus Affair as far as subject and characters. It sets up the mystique more fully explored in The Columbus Affair. It was very fast paced with some quirky, interesting characters. An enjoyable story.

THE DEVIL'S GOLD: This is a story about a disgraced Magellan Billet agent seeking vengeance, and along the way a treasure. It's plot revolves around Nazi secrets and gold. It was more psychological, and the main character was intriguing. Not quite a
matteo
The usual Steve Berry fare: entertaining, light reading, with some nifty historical fictionalizing and globe-jumping ridiculousness. I liked that the stories were from the points of view of three different characters, including two familiar ones--it was a nice change of pace from the Cotton Malone books. The stories were uneven in terms of quality--it seemed like they were almost too short to get where they were supposed to be going, and they didn't really have any connection to each other.
Frank
Aug 12, 2014 Frank rated it it was ok
An uneven collection of Cotton Malone stories. The best of the lot was Admiral's Mark - decent length, decent plot, and provided some nice back story about Cotton's brother.
Balkan Escape and Devil's Gold were very short and didn't provide anything interesting from the universe.
Recommended for those ob-com's who simply _must_ read everything Cotton Malone. :-)
Erin Llanes
Aug 22, 2014 Erin Llanes rated it really liked it
A quick read featuring characters from the world of Cotton Malone, including Cotton himself. Interesting story threads that weave through other chapters in Malone's story. Recommended for fans of the Cotton Malone series as well as a good intro for new readers.
Nat Medlen
Jun 06, 2014 Nat Medlen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short story collection

If you like Steve Berry's works and characters, this is a good buy for you. I really enjoyed all three stories, and enjoyed the tie ins with other books I've read by Berry.
Lindasp
Apr 13, 2014 Lindasp rated it liked it
These are 3 prequel short stories for the longer books, "The Emperor's Tomb", "Jefferson's Key" and "The Columbus Affair" but only one of them involved Cotton Malone which was a bit disappointing. The stories were good but I'm glad I borrowed it from the library instead of buying it.
Lynn
Mar 22, 2014 Lynn rated it really liked it
These are just little teasers. Fun little tid bits to read when you have a few minutes to spare. I read the corresponding novels awhile ago. It was fun making the connections again.
Meghan Sullivan
Aug 24, 2016 Meghan Sullivan rated it liked it
Truly enjoyed The Admiral's Mark, but I thought that The Balkan Escape fell flat.
Donald Farrey
Jun 14, 2015 Donald Farrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short reads

As a Steve Berry and Cotton Malone character fan I enjoyed these short stories very much.
I'm looking forward to his next book.
Karin
Aug 28, 2013 Karin rated it liked it
These stories tie in heavily with The Columbus Affair,it,s like reading it twice.
John
John rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
David Timmons
David Timmons rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Scott Brooke
Scott Brooke rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2014
Kristie
Kristie rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
lincoln brown
lincoln brown rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Byrappa
Byrappa rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2013
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Roxy
Roxy rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Erik Swiatek
Erik Swiatek rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Gary Lunn
Gary Lunn rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Ken Chapman
Ken Chapman rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Adam Dawe
Adam Dawe rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Alfred C. Campbell
Alfred C. Campbell rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Kurt Seibert
Kurt Seibert rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2016
Theodora Tonkinson
Theodora Tonkinson rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Sharon Larsen randall
Sharon Larsen randall rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Yaisa Wilson
Yaisa Wilson rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
  • Immersion
  • Buried Pasts
  • A Cup of Comfort Women of the Bible Devotional: Daily Reflections Inspired by Scripture's Most Beloved Heroines
  • The Somali Doctrine
  • Effected Intent
  • Pearls
  • Elizabeth's Secrets
  • Jesus: Why the World Is Still Fascinated by Him
  • Gypsy Spirit: What My Boat Taught Me About Love And Life
  • Laugh Now
  • The Last Election
  • Coral Sea Affair (Ben Hood Thriller, #1)
  • Project Cyclops
  • Days After the Crash
  • Fenton's Winter
  • The Mighty Peculiar Incident at Muddy Creek
  • Hurricane
  • Senator

Steve Berry is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of The Lost Order, The 14th Colony, The Patriot Threat, The Lincoln Myth, The King's Deception, The Columbus Affair, The Jefferson Key, The Emperor's Tomb, The Paris Vendetta, The Charlemagne Pursuit, The Venetian Betrayal, The Alexa
More about Steve Berry...

Cotton Malone (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Templar Legacy (Cotton Malone, #1)
  • The Alexandria Link (Cotton Malone, #2)
  • The Venetian Betrayal (Cotton Malone, #3)
  • The Charlemagne Pursuit (Cotton Malone, #4)
  • The Paris Vendetta (Cotton Malone, #5)
  • The Emperor's Tomb (Cotton Malone, #6)
  • The Jefferson Key (Cotton Malone, #7)
  • The King's Deception (Cotton Malone, #8)
  • The Lincoln Myth (Cotton Malone, #9)
  • The Patriot Threat (Cotton Malone, #10)