Start by marking “PvP, Volume 1: PvP at Large” as Want to Read:
PvP, Volume 1: PvP at Large

PvP, Volume 1: PvP at Large (PvP #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Office hijinks, role-playing games, teenage geeks in love, old high-school rivals, and a Troll who's run away from home: It's just another average day at PvP Magazine. Landscape format trade paperback.
Published May 7th 2006 by Image Comics (first published August 11th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about PvP, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about PvP, Volume 1

Emily Rogers
Audience: ages 13 and up

PvP, or Player vs. Player is a video game magazine with a staff full of gaming nerds. Between Nerf gun wars and Dungeons and Dragons day at the office, most of the team's time is dominated with geeky activities and discussions. With the running theme of generational differences and the progression of gaming, Kurtz is careful to jokingly mock every type of gaming nerd.

With simply drawn, cartoony characters and great attention to nuanced expression, Kurtz's artwork offers a
Monk
One might expect an avid fan of Penny Arcade to be some Kurtz-hating automaton driven by nothing but righteous fury and eternal enmity towards other webcomics who play opposite them in epic battlefields. Nay. I do not have a ninja versus pirate mentality when it comes to PA vs. PVP (though I DO have a ninja versus pirate mentality when it comes to ninjas and pirates - GO NINJAS!)

I received my first PVP book as a birthday present about three years ago. I had only ever seen a few strips before tha
Kathy
I've become addicted to web comics. This one is my current favorite. The jokes are a little crude sometimes, but the panda always makes me laugh.
Adam Davis
Adam Davis marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Niffer
Niffer marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Tom And
Tom And marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Andrew
Andrew added it
Nov 06, 2014
Lily
Lily added it
Oct 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Scott Kurtz has been self-publishing his comics to the world wide web since 1998. His work has been nominated for the Harvey Award and in 2006 won the prestigious Eisner Award for best digital comic.
He co-founded the new webcomics.com with his peers to help promote and develop the independent work of online cartoonists.
Mr. Kurtz lives in Dallas, TX with his wife Angela.
PvP is read globally by over
More about Scott R. Kurtz...

PvP (8 books)
  • PvP, Volume 2: Pvp Reloaded
  • PvP, Volume 3: PvP Rides Again
  • PVP, Volume 4: PVP Goes Bananas!
  • PVP, Volume 5: PVP Treks On
  • PVP, Volume 6
  • Pvp: The Dork Ages
  • PvP, Volume 8: The Cat Is Plotting My Death
Pvp: The Dork Ages PvP, Volume 3: PvP Rides Again PvP, Volume 2: Pvp Reloaded PVP, Volume 4: PVP Goes Bananas! PVP, Volume 5: PVP Treks On