Wings of Redemption (Return to Sanctuary, #0.5)

Wings of Redemption (Return to Sanctuary 0.5)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Reading Order: Stand Alone

Humans and archangels don’t mix on the best occasions. When Saffron Morin goes to the gates of the demon colony, Eden, in search of her sister, she meets an archangel who is curious one minute and hostile the next, and she ends up the colony’s “guest” against her will.

Kestrel’s archangel psychic talent tells him the human woman’s life is in dange...more
Published December 1st 2012 by Entangled Publishing (first published October 25th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wings of Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wings of Redemption

Crystal
I.WANT.MORE! That is the thought that popped into my head after finishing this story. The world is beyond creative, the characters are ones that I don’t want to let go, and the writing is superb. Again I.WANT. MORE

Saffron needing to find her sister goes to Eden, the city in the forest that is home to archangels and their demon guardians. She knows she might not come back given the nature of the Guardians and being the daughter of the infamous angel killer, but she has to find her sister nothing...more
Kristina
Another great story from Sarah! I adore her angels so much and was so excited when I heard about this story! It's just as great as Out in Blue, but has a story that is different and equally as good! Sarah's writing flows wonderfully and I always enjoy reading everything she writes! :)
Britt Marczak
This is a wonderful novella, hitting all the right emotions very quick without feeling rushed! A great, quick read.
Gilman creates a wonderful world that I want to spend much more time in! This novella just only whets your appetite and leaves you wanting more!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Where to start with this review....... Well first I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Jamie over at Entangled for allowing me to read such an EPIC book! Everyone who knows me knows I love books with Angels and Demons in it. I love the fact that good and evil can come together and just be. They can work it out even though one is good and one is bad. In Wings Of Redemption this is the premise of the story and I have to say that I have never read anything so dam captivating in my life. I am Te...more
Kim
Wings of Redemption is a novella from the upcoming Return to Sanctuary series from author Sarah Gilman. Set in a demon colony just outside Quebec, Wings takes the theme of "lovers from different worlds" to another level! Beyond the fact that Saffron is human and Kes is an archangel, Saffron's associations make her highly unlikely to be accepted by any in Eden. To say that these two overcame obstacles to be together is a supreme understatement! Despite the paranormal aspects of this book, it is,...more
Sharonda (SexxyBlogger)
I can’t even explain to how much I loved this story, but I will do my best. I read Sarah Gilman’s first book in the Return to Sanctuary series “Out in Blue” back in 2011 when I first started blogging…you can see my review @ Salacious Reads (I updated the graphics). I was on a archangel high after reading the first three books in Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series.

Ms. Gilman drew me in with her tale of archangels being hunted for their wings. Yes, her archangels are slightly different here…they’r...more
Delphina
I loved this story. It is so completely different from anything else I have read. Yes, there is a love story and you can tell from chapter one that they are probably meant to be (not that I am saying they will be together because that would be spoilerish ;)). What is so unique and amazingly wonderful is this world that Sarah created. The archangels are protected by demons, but not in a fiery pits of hell way. The Collector's are humans and bigots, but maybe, possibly not evil. Add to this fascin...more
Carmen Falcone
Wings of Redemption is a lovely read!

Saffron Morin is a very engaging heroine. Smart, sassy and compassionate. Her father is “The Collector”, and if you’re an archangel believe me that’s not a good thing! She gets involved with Krestel, or Kres. Or My Kres, like I call him! What a breathtaking hero! Hot, loving and five hundred years old – but I bet he doesn’t look a day over twenty six.

The conflict is VERY strong. How can he love her, when his people hate her father? Oh, and she’s supposed to...more
Jeanne Haskin
This new novella by author Sarah Gilman takes us through a deeply moving relationship between Saffron, a human woman, and the earthbound angel, Kestrel. Saffron’s father has angels hunted for their plumage and is notorious for violence among the community of angels and demons. Saffron has grown up hating his collection of trophies, but can’t betray her family. Not even for Kestrel, who’s trying to save her life. As their impossible romance appears destined to end in tears, the author strikes a p...more
Angela
12 May 2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle
Mistik INK

Adult Paranormal Romance

WOW! What an amazing world and even better world building delivery by this new to me Author! Demons provide protection for Archangels who are ruthlessly hunted by humans. Angels are brutally murdered for their wings just so rich fkers, such as our heroine's Mommy and Daddy, can display their collection of wings to other rich fkers and make all the rich fkers happy. This has been going on to the point where Angels are nearly EXTINCT!

Do you feel me? I am outraged and lovi...more
Maki
This is one of the best free paranormal romances I've read in a while - I'd probably be safe in saying that it's the best one I've read all year.

I know that's not saying much. The bar is set pretty low, after all.

I genuinely liked this story, though. The idea of fallen angels needing to coexist with demons, because poachers kill them for their feathers was a fascinating premise.

Kestrel and Saffron were great together, too. There was a Romeo and Juliet thing going on, where Saffron's father was o...more
Kelly
Well, it's been a while since I read book 1 in this series and I'm all over jumping back into the series after reading this novella. Angels! Demons! More demons! BAD THINGS HAPPENING! *flutters a bit* All things I enjoy, as it turns out!

So. Kes and Saffron don't seem like they're the ideal couple on paper. He's a grumpy angel who's begun distancing himself from those around him. She's the daughter of a notorious collector who hunts the archangels for their feathers. Yet... YET, they worked. Mayb...more
Elizabeth
This is a really great story with an interesting world. I would love to see a full length book in this world, just to keep it going. Kestrel is a layered hero and his heroine is feisty and knows how to handle him! I enjoyed the writer's voice and the little details to the colony where the angels and demons live, that made it pop off the page. Looking forward to reading the rest of this novella series.
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars is I liked it. I liked Wings of Redemption - which is apparently a prequel to Gilman's series - even though is pretty short and I don't feel like I scratched the surface of the world in which fallen angels need protection from humans who poach them for their wings to display in collections and the angels have demon to serve as their protectors. I like the idea of the angel/demon collaboration, but the poaching aspect was sort of disturbing, and that forms the basis of the big conflict...more
Shawnie Nicole
This was an emotional book to be only 85 pages. I commend Sarah Gilman for being able to write such a book that pulled out that amount of emotion in a short period of time.

I loved every page of this book, definitely see myself reading it again after I read the next two books.
Kendra
This is a lovely novella based in the world of "Out in Blue." A complicated romance evolves between a human woman and an archangel who, by rights, should be enemies. The passion is palpable and the characters are well-drawn and sympathetic. A perfect Saturday read!
Kyra Dunst
I like the background of this story, where demons and fallen angels are known to humanity, even if the angels are hunted for their wings. Saffron, daughter to one of the more dangerous poachers, doesn't share her family's views. She would rather take photos than lives, but she puts her life on the line to visit the compound where the fallen angels live to find her missing sister. Taken captive, Saffron is taken under Kestrel's wing, literally, when his ability alerts him that her life is near it...more
Louisa Bacio
A lovely, engaging tale.
Aubrie Dionne
A Beautifully Told Lyrical Romance

Saffron marches to the gates of the demon/archangel colony in order to find her sister, Thyme. Her sister disappeared with poachers while hunting archangels, and Saffron fears she’s dead even though she was only there to take pictures. You see, Saffron’s parents are the famous poacher couple who has several sets of wings on display in their house. Little does she know how much hatred towards her family resides within those gates. So much hatred it comes between...more
Lizzie Feliciano
This is a prequel to Out in Blue. Of course with any novella I would rather have a longer story and more, but with the size it was a great short story with only a couple characters that are in Out in Blue. This is a great little love story of how Kestrel and Saffron get together. Kestrel is a fun character, with a little attitude but hard not to like. He's one of the few remaining archangels in the world. They are not widely liked, and are hunted for their luxurious wings. Most archangels live...more
Tracey
Just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Saffron is a human in search of her sister, so she goes to the demon colony to ask if they have her. This may not be the brightest move due to her parentage!

Kes is an archangel that lives in the colony, and he can't help but be drawn to her. They develop a lovely relationship but problems are afoot due to her parents!

This is only a novella, and I wanted more when it finished, will have to go check out other books in series.

4 stars.
Mare
Saffron looks for her missing sister @ the archangel colony convinced shes been mistaken captured as a poacher. Kestrel hears her demands to be acknowledged @ the gate only to discover the women are the daughters of a renowned angel poacher. Should Saffron be punished for the sins of her family?
Priscilla Robinson
Awwwww

This kinda reminded me of Romeo and Juliet in the way that it was their "families past" that presented a problem. Even though the story reminded me of something I still found myself enjoying what I read.
Lura
This was really cute and sweet. And sometimes terrifying. Well, not terrifying more anxious-afying. (Is that even a word? It is now. xp) It was an interesting read, very entertaining. I now want to read the rest of the series. ^_^
Angie
This was a really good short story. Saffron went looking for her sister and Kestrel met her. Kestrel's unique psychic abilitiies saved Saffron's life. These two had such a chemistry.
Priscilla
Fascinating book! The concept was interesting and I found myself continuing on until late in the night so that I could see how it would end for Saffron and Kestrel.
Mary
Closer to 3.5 stars, but I didn't realize it was a half book. I think the series could have real potential. Very interesting!!!
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Having read this after book one I already knew about the world Ms Gilman can weave within her books.

I loved this series from book one, and this novella did not disappoint.

Kestrel (Kes) was an intriguing character, and I loved how he blossomed out of his shell upon meeting Saffron, even when he found out her true identity.

Saffron was another good character who seemed to get a lot of information from Kes even though it could have proven costly. I even liked Kes's demon protector, who was a good fr...more
Sharon
A quick, fun and easy read. Looking forward to reading more books from this author
Entangled in Romance: New Paranormal Ever After! 2 86 Feb 02, 2013 12:43PM
  • The High Priestess (Sanctify, #0.5)
  • The Fallen (Sons of Wrath, #0.5)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Undying Destiny (The Enclave, #1)
  • Secret Santa Baby
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Embracing the Wolf (Anna Avery, #2)
  • Beast of Fire (Knights of White, #5)
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • Make Her Howl (Bring Her Wolf #1)
  • Bad Mouth (Immortalis, #1)
  • The First Alpha
  • The Demon's Daughter (Demon Outlaws, #1)
  • The Goodreads Killer
  • Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires #1)
  • Worth the Risk (Take a Risk, #1)
  • The Shadow Prince (Mortal Enchantment, #0.5)
  • Master of the Island (Invitation to Eden, #0.5)
Dramatic Fantasy.
Sensual Romance.
Unique Stories.

Fantasy and paranormal romance reader and author. Survivor of a shattered HEA.

www.sarahpurdyauthor.blogspot.com
www.sarahgilmanbooks.com

I keep company with angels, demons, dragons, and phoenix royalty. Hell yes!

Introducing the Return to Sanctuary series!

In a dark world where fallen archangels join forces with demons in the struggle for survival agai...more
More about Sarah Purdy Gilman...
Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1) Ashes Ghosts of the Falls Deep in Crimson (Return to Sanctuary, #2) Justice and Sophie