Start by marking “Ghosts on the Red Line” as Want to Read:
Ghosts on the Red Line

Ghosts on the Red Line

Commuters see their Departed on Boston's Red Line subway trains.

Consultant Harry West is hired to investigate by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. His project turns personal when his ex-wife Alexandra Ben-Tov meets their beloved daughter on the Red Line, who looks like the teenager she might have become if she had lived.

Are the visitors on the Red Line ghosts
Published September 14th 2011 by PenLane Press

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts on the Red Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts on the Red Line

The Haunted Reading Room {Cthulhu Down the Chimney Tonight}
Dec 24, 2012 The Haunted Reading Room {Cthulhu Down the Chimney Tonight} rated it it was amazing
Recommended to The Haunted Reading Room by: Peter David Shapiro
Review of Ghosts on the Red Line by Peter David Shapiro
5 stars

An intriguing and comfy psychical (and psychological) mystery with a cast that includes not just individuals, but corporations (the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority-MBTA; Blair West International consultants), universities (MIT), and metropolises (Cambridge and Boston), the novel purports the premise: “What if-what if the deceased began to appear to individuals during a subway ride?” Not a wholesale “everybody sees ‘em,” but
Janet
Apr 08, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing
I found "Ghosts on the Red Line" amazing. It was very intreging! I highly recommend it for anyone wanting to read about Boston.
Dec 29, 2011 Jennifer marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I ride the Red Line every day, I must read this!
Peter Shapiro
Oct 29, 2014 Peter Shapiro rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote
GHOSTS ON THE RED LINE explores what happens when commuters see their Departed on Boston's subway trains.

The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority hires consultant Harry West to investigate. Harry's project turns personal when his ex-wife Alexandra Ben-Tov meets their daughter on the Red Line, who looks like the teenager she might have become if she had lived. Included in what one reader review calls an "engaging cast of characters" are a Boston psychic, the Archbishop of Boston, members o
Stephen Dorneman
Jul 28, 2014 Stephen Dorneman rated it liked it
I may be kind giving this book three stars - the writing in this self-published novel sorely lacks the hand of a good editor, but the essential elements of the plot, that ghosts that first began appearing on Boston's Red Line subway cars due to an MIT research project can be reliably summoned, and that summoning turned into a business, is so strong and taken relatively well to its logical conclusions, that I had to at least give it a three. Shapiro knows the world of consultants, start-ups, ...more
Marti
Feb 10, 2013 Marti rated it liked it
This was a pretty good story and I might have rated it more highly had it not had so many editing errors. Basically, people start seeing dead friends, relatives, and sometimes even enemies on Boston's Red Train Line. A group of MIT scientists and engineers become involved and so does the Catholic Church and a local crime boss. It has a fairly sweet ending and on balance was a nice little story but it really did have an annoying number of editing errors.
Ed
May 25, 2012 Ed rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not that good. I wanted to like this book because it was recommended by a good friend. Shapiro got too bogged down in describing the details that didn't add to the plot or character development. He had an interesting premise, but didn't take it far enough. It didn't help that I couldn't care:: about the main characters. I'll stick to Philip R. Craig for my local mystery color.
Marietta
I probably enjoyed it more than I otherwise would have simply because it's set on the Red Line and that is the train that I take to work every day. So I recognized a lot of the settings, etc. Overall a nice story, nothing earthshaking.
J
Nov 24, 2013 J rated it liked it
It was good, started getting better a little over mid way but I felt a little disappointed that it did not build up more and felt the ending was a little abrupt.
Jan 17, 2013 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Shelves: boston
I tried to read this and just could not get into it. I will try again another time. As a real Red Line rider, the Red Line could use some ghosts over what I normally see on the train!
Christopher A. Parker
Christopher A. Parker rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Sherri
Sherri rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Kylie
Nov 08, 2013 Kylie added it
it's a good book
Dec 27, 2013 Jennifer rated it liked it
Farfetched, but I guess that's the point.
Ted
Ted rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Debra
Debra rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Gnimsh
Gnimsh rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Patty
Patty rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2013
Taggerung
Taggerung rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
S. Elleman
S. Elleman rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Fred
Fred rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2012
Chester Dudek
Chester Dudek rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Connie Werst
Connie Werst rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Moqbel
Moqbel rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Audiobooks: FREE audiobooks of novel GHOSTS ON THE RED LINE 1 27 Mar 12, 2014 07:41AM
Peter David Shapiro was born in Montreal, Canada, and now lives in the Boston area. He frequently rides the Red Line, the subway line that's disrupted by ghostly encounters in GHOSTS ON THE RED LINE. He spent quality time in Hong Kong where a story of intrigue and revenge unfolds in THE TRAIL OF MONEY. He also has enjoyed many visits to Vermont where a remarkable oil painting opens a portal for ...more
More about Peter David Shapiro...