Start by marking “Sock it to Me, Santa!” as Want to Read:
Sock it to Me, Santa!

Sock it to Me, Santa!

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,363 ratings  ·  334 reviews
Ryan is assigned to Jamie Peterson for his class's secret gift exchange. If word gets out that he has to make a handcrafted gift for flamboyant and openly gay Jamie, Ryan will be the laughing stock of the school. It's a good thing no self-respecting boy would be caught dead in a craft store, because otherwise he'd be at risk of being spotted when his mom drags him to her w ...more
Published November 12th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Sock it to Me, Santa!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sock it to Me, Santa!

Lola
One month till Christmas! I think it’s time for some cute holiday reads until the 25th of December! And the first being an M/M romance one makes it all more exciting and heart-warming!
description

Christmas gifts exchange!

Ryan surely didn’t expect to pick Jamie – quiet, knit lover and soft Jamie. He doesn’t know what to get him! He did try to knit some socks for him…but it ended up being a catastrophe. What is he going to do? He doesn’t want to disappoint him! Not again…

I had so much fun and pleasure readi
Vilda
Re-read: November 29, 2014
I loved it just as much the second time! This is such an adorable story. <3 Definitely gives you happy holiday-feels.

First read: November 7, 2013
Gosh, I absolutely loved this one! Such a wonderful and sweet little story. <3 I loved Jamie, Ryan, Ryan's family, the gifts... well, everything!

I really can't recommend it enough; Sock it to Me, Santa! is a perfect shorty for the holidays and a truly great story about coming to accept yourself, no matter what other p
Susan

*smiling as I type...

This short story made me:

-want to learn how to knit
-vow to make a sock monkey immediately
-need to hug my mom
-HAPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Quick - someone give me a spigot 'cause I'm feeling sappy!!!!!!!!! (<-ha, crack myself up!)

Exina
Such a sweet holiday story!

Ryan is assigned to Jamie for his class's secret gift exchange.

Ryan has to make three handcrafted gifts to him, but the difficulty is not only in making the gifts actually. If word gets out that he is the openly gay Jamie’s secret Santa, Ryan will be the laughing stock of the school.
“Maybe you should talk to Jamie,” Mom said. “Get some ideas for your gift exchange.”
“That would be social suicide.”
She gave me a stern look.
“Mom, he knits.”

Ryan is so closeted and so t
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Oh this was so adorable! Ooey gooey, sticky sweetness that made me smile. I wish I knew more about the characters, though. I could have used a full-length story!

**FREE right now on Smashwords with coupon code XU97E!! 10/24/13 (Still free 12/18/13!)
Vio
A sweet lovely romance, Jamie and Ryan are sweeties and I loved the knitting "Monkey" fiasco, cracked me up and was so cute. Eventually Ryan did produce that special and perfect Secret Santa gift. Left me all happy and smiley, recommended.
Loederkoningin
3.5 rounded up because it's THAT time of the year. Nothing cozy to read when you’re recovering from copious Christmas meals on the sofa, while the Christmas tree lights are twinkling and snowflakes are falling outside your window?

Look no further.

For this here is the perfect read for the holidays. Sock it to me, Santa! is an adorable short story about two boys who are in the same class, yet never talk. The reason? Jamie is openly gay while Ryan’s carefully protecting his reputation as a tough k
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

Nice.
Short.
Sweet.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one so if you're up for a really sweet and short story that will make you sigh a few times then go for it.

I love YA books, LOVE THEM. And this one was very well written and the characters were so cute. Why am I not giving it more stars? Just because it was way too short and I had no time to connect with them as much as I wanted but I really loved this author's voice.

I'd recommend this to everyone who loves YA & MM.

Lena♥Ribka

LOVE IT!!!!

It is the first book on my new shelf

Adorable-Christmas-hoobajoobs-make-a-sock-with-a-red-felt-heart-and-a-bright-blue-monkey-with-little-rainbows-and-happy-faced-clouds-all-over-it-super-pretty-cool-mom-feeling-happy-put-smile-on-my-face-want-to-hug-the-whole-world-delightful-rainbow-spider-glitter-dust-easy-funny-touching-sweet-MORE-MORE-MORE-MORE!!!!

Recommended for everybody!
Jenn
Oh my heavenly socks, if you don't crack a grin from cheek to cheek while reading this, I might think you are that little demonized sock monkey in this. The perfect length short with interesting and likable characters from the main characters to the classmates, even the family members were wonderful. Secret Santa is nothing new, but I loved the idea that the gifts had to be handmade. Star Wars, knitting, rainbows, realistic teenage boys with charm, and presents. Sugar fluff happiness I HAZ.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Short But Cute Stars

This is a YA high-school romance and it was cute as hell but sadly too short. The short length meant that the story was a little rushed and you didn't have the time to form a solid opinion of the characters.

Still, both Ryan and Jamie are really sweet kids and I liked how the Secret Santa exchange story went. Ryan was funny trying to find a gift that wouldn't disappoint the "out of the closet" gay kid who had very few friends and didn't need more trouble. The fact that Ryan
Mandy*reads obsessively*
4.25*
A very sweet YA short.
It's tough being in HS, trying to fit in or fly under the radar, and for Ryan being in the closet just adds to it.
Jamie the openly gay boy in his Homeroom class is his 'secret Santa' and he has to give him something homemade.
I felt for poor Ryan trying to adjust his perception of himself and it was so sweet reading about him joining his mother in the craft classes! His monkey and spider are great gifts! I had to sniffle at the tie story! Ryan's Mom and sister are just
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

I have to say, this might be the cutest story I've read all year!

Ryan is just admitting to himself that he likes guys, but it is difficult and scary keeping such a secret in high school, especially when his only friend has a lot to say about "fags." He's scared to get close, in any way, to Jamie, the queer kid. It is social suicide. When he draws his name for Secret Santa in their study hall, Ryan has to figure out a way to make three gifts for Jamie without
Otila
Awww. That was super adorable.
description
Simsala
Ok,ok, admitting defeat.
That was a lovely story with a very beautiful feel-good ending.

Stand by your man - a tough job when you`re young and scared.
But when it comes down to it all you need is a family who loves you no matter what, a sock monkey, some courage and a man who loves you back...
Ami
Ryan needs to give handmade gifts as part of his Secret Santa project at econ class -- and he gets Jamie's name, the openly gay boy. For a short young adult story, this one is just adorable and cute.

It has the right amount of self confusion (to do what's right), then discovering bravery to stand up for one self, and first romance. My only complain is that it stops when it's getting good. I want it to continue a couple of more pages ^^

Just read Cole's review. He writes a more eloquent review tha
Emma Sea
Oooh, I have the warm fuzzies now. What a great Xmas story! Awesome female secondary characters. Yummy.
Macky ~ Sinfully...Addicted To All Male Romance
I love finding surprises and finding this was exactly that! I can't give this any less than the full 5 stars because I loved everything about it, from its two gorgeous young MC's to its perfectly pitched HEA. I'm over 50 and I felt like I was 16 again and crushing on my heartthrob of the moment, except of course the crushing in this is between two cute guys who I dare anyone not to fall for as they find love and (for one of them in particular ), their true selves, all whilst battling peer pressu ...more
Marte

**** 4 Sock Monkey stars ****

-----------------------
"They make a handsome pair"
-----------------------

Aww, wasn't that the cutest short story! Ryan and Jamie was adorable. :D
Me likey very much.

Maybe the bought this book for Christmas?
(view spoiler)
Kynthos-the-Archer

This brought love and Christmas to me. Warms my heart and tickles my funny bone. Plastered a goofy grin on me.

Ryan's first word describing Jamie to his mom was, soft. That goofy grin of mine started right at that point onwards. Lol. Ryan wasn't exactly a perfect person, he is filled with insecurities and was a little too self absorbed to see things around him clearly. He should really thank Mrs. Keats his homeroom teacher for setting up that Secret Santa gift exchange challenge.

That event did a
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

Freaking adorable and so very charming! This one belongs on the "sweet-as-honey-YA-first-time-Christmas" shelf.

This is very much a first-love story. I just wish we saw more of Ryan and Jamie and their relationship, and more about Ryan coming out in high school; I would read a sequel for sure.
MiʂħүJѻ
Can I get an AWWWW, please? Very short, very sweet, very young. A nice little distraction.

I have seen huge love, rave reviews and ratings around the GR block for this story praising its cuteness. But of course, me and all my humbug *cough* I mean holiday cheer thought--How cute could it be? Um…Yeah. Pretty flipping adorable actually! :D

“Maybe the way it is isn’t the way it ought to be.”

Life just gave Ryan a nudge, push and wake up call with a holiday karma kick in the keester! Ryan’s heart and world tilts and skips a beat when he pulls Jaime Peterson’s name for a class Secret Santa e
Tara ♥'s Hooch & Kendras
Dec 24, 2014 Tara ♥'s Hooch & Kendras rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Tara ♥'s Hooch & Kendras by: Susan

I'm going to give myself a cavity with all the sweetness this week but I can't help myself.

Another sugar rush and it was just adorable.

I don't like YA. Not my gig. At all. But this was recommended to me by the fabulous Susan so I decided to give it a go. I will admit that I wasn't that optimistic going in but it's a very short read and super cute so I was pleasantly surprised and I'm really glad I gave it a go.

Couldn't possibly review this without a sock monkey picture, there is actually no B
Heller
This was adorable. Sweet and angsty.
Elizabetta

Oh, the sweetest, most adorablest, most excellentest thing! Things happen a bit quickly for Ryan in this shortie but I don't care, Loved This!
Sheziss

“Maybe you should talk to Jamie.” Mom said. “Get some ideas for your gift exchange.”
“That would be social suicide.”
She gave me a tern look.
“Mom, he knits.”

Oh, this shortie is superb! I don’t usually enjoy them that much but this one is too special to let it pass. It made me laugh, it made my heart melt and it made me forget everything except Ryan and Jamie for a while. Intense in its fleeting reading.

“I needed to know more about him, but I couldn’t just walk up and talk to him. That would be
AmyI
In the spirit of full disclosure, I love sock monkeys! So yes, I had a big goofy grin on my face before I even started reading. Luckily the story was just as charming as the cover!! I fell in love with Ryan and even more so with Jamie and his bright blue socks covered with little rainbows and happy face clouds. Their Chapstick moment was so incredibly cute, I loved it! I look forward to reading more from this author :)
Deeze
A wonderful little short with some great characters.

A perfect little Christmassy YA.

Hope to see more one day.
YA LGBT Books: December BotM - Sock it to Me, Santa *Spoilers* 35 97 Jan 01, 2014 03:22PM
YA LGBT Books: This topic has been closed to new comments. Madison Parker - December 2, 2012 2 18 Dec 01, 2012 04:55PM
YA LGBT Books: Madison Parker 6 50 Nov 29, 2012 02:13AM
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • Always Joey
  • Glitter
  • Right Hand Red
  • The Trouble With Elves
  • How to Repair a Mechanical Heart
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • East
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Inspiration
  • #First Impressions #Second Chances
  • BTW I Love You
  • Love Is In The Title (Love #1)
  • Know Not Why
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Raise Your Glass (Tales from Foster High, #3)
Madison Parker grew up in Germany where she feasted on Gummibärchen, wandered through the woods on many a Volksmarch, and dreamed of one day living in a castle on a mountain with a boy who knew how to rock a pair of lederhosen. The Fates had other plans for her, but she’s not complaining.

She has a passion for photography and art, and likes to dabble a bit with web and graphic design. She also has
More about Madison Parker...
Play Me, I'm Yours Deep in the Count Grand Adventures Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 9

“I reached for his other hand, which he quickly accepted and I pulled him up into a hug. I didn't know what the other kids in the room were thinking or saying or doing. And I didn't care. I had Jamie in my arms, and that was all the mattered.” 2 likes
“What's the first word that comes to mind when you think of him?"

"Soft." It was out of my mouth before I could reign the thought back in, and I felt the heat of embarrassment creep up my neck.

She cocked her head and gave me a puzzled look. "Soft?"

"I didn't mean soft." I bet Jamie did feel soft, thought. His long, coffee colored hair looked like silk. I bet it felt like silk, too. "I meant soft-spoken.”
0 likes