Start by marking “Zombie Dash” as Want to Read:
Zombie Dash

Zombie Dash

Are you fast enough to survive the Zombie apocalypse?

Well, now you can find out. It's the new trend in running races; run through miles and miles of zombie infested trails, but instead of biting you, they grab a flag off of your belt, flag-football style.

See what happens when Big Pharm meets Big Horror, as three Pharmaceutical Representatives take part in a Zombie Run, an
Kindle Edition, Short story, 23 pages
Published October 26th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Dash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Dash

karen
Oct 10, 2015 karen rated it liked it

zombie dash?? don't mind if i do!!

quick caveat: if you are someone who reads a lot of self-published freebies on the e-market right now, you are someone familiar with the wide spectrum of grammatical competence, and this book shouldn't bother you. if you are not, it might make you wince a little.

but it's free, and it's about zombies, and cheapskates with the same tastes as a fourteen-year-old boy can't complain. i keeeed! i am one of you - zombies raaaar!! etc etc

apparently, zombie races are a
Nancy
Jul 15, 2016 Nancy rated it liked it
Posted at Shelf Inflicted

This was just the right story to jump-start my workout on the stationary bike. Even though it was about 90 degrees outside and the chugging air-conditioner didn’t seem to be cool enough, my legs were pumping in record time in solidarity with the unnamed narrator, and her friend, Becca, trying to escape the volunteer zombies at the company-sponsored Zombie Dash 10K.

It’s all fun and games, with the volunteers using little flags to represent their kills and the runners gig
Aug 09, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: zombie

So you think you can survive a zombie apocalypse? Come find out. For one night and one night only. YOU can not only test your running skills, but your will to live! This Zombie Dash 10k event will get your blood pumping and feet running. Run, scream, and fight your way through the trails and hordes of zombies on Halloween night! Ha-ha….Bloody brilliant idea! This story is pure horror fun.

Zombie Dash by Mark Matthews is the story of how a race through the dark shadows of the night can turn into a
Reymart Dinglasa
Hash-tag...Voom!

Ever since, I'm a fan of Apocalyptic Novels, Zombie ones, Horror themes, and plainly Scary stuff.

And all I can say right now that this piece, obviously known as a short-story, could be a whole book of our Mark Matthews wanted it to.

It's an easy ride for a short story and from the start it already "activates" your adrenaline too. This can even be a "goosebumps" kind of thing, and I am honestly intrigued about Dr. Brogstorm's mystery. This could be a good Y.A. Zombie Novella if pos
Gregor Xane
Nov 03, 2016 Gregor Xane rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Zombie lovers
Shelves: 2014
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Oct 22, 2014 Maxine (Booklover Catlady) rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Zombie Fans, Horror Fans, Short Story Fans
You want to know how much I love Mark Matthew's books? I have never read a Zombie book in my life and always said I never would, so when I saw this was free in the iBooks store I had to get it. I was curious to see what spin on the zombies Mark would add, so I plunged into this short story wondering if I was a fool for breaking my "no zombies every" rule.

This was a really good short story. Runners are geared up for running in what is meant to be a fun "Zombie Dash" race, where "zombies" grab a f
Steph
Jul 29, 2013 Steph rated it liked it
Recommended to Steph by: Sandra
Three friends are excited to run in a zombie flag football type marathon when things go from "wish these zombies were real" to "oh, shit, this is for real" very quickly. This short was a quick, entertaining read. But, it would benefit from some editing.
Robert C.
Feb 02, 2013 Robert C. rated it it was amazing
A free book from Amazon that took me precisely 22 minutes to finish.

I love the idea of the book because its original and clean and I'm not going to say more because it'll spoil it for you. Best that you head straight to Amazon right now and download this gem of a book and read it at your leisure.

A free zombie book.. who could say no?!
Mark Matthews
May 16, 2013 Mark Matthews rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a short read that I wrote for fun, then decided it was good enough to present as a short story. Loaded up a newer version, and it is now free on Nook and other places, hopefully free on Amazon soon.
Tanja Berg
Dec 26, 2013 Tanja Berg rated it it was ok
So what do you do when you wake up at 7 am on a day off, from a zombie nightmare, and don't want to disturb the others in the room by turning on the light? Well, I turned on my phone, found my kindle app and picked a short story. Not that it was particularly effective against nightmares, I dreamt of zombies after I had finished and drifted off again.

This is a really short story about a 10 km race through hordes of people dressed up as zombies. They remove flags from the runner's belts, which mea
Randy Harmelink
Feb 02, 2013 Randy Harmelink rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies, short-story
A great little short story with good pacing and a good ending, about a fun-for-all zombie dash that turns into something else. A few aspects of the story could have been fleshed out a bit more (if you'll pardon the pun).
Stephanie
Feb 15, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
So much fun!! Downloaded it to my Kindle and it was a joy to sit and read, nothing like a little Zombie reading before bed.
Ken
Sep 01, 2016 Ken rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story
This is a sprint of a zombie short story. It is a little predictable but a fun read.

3 1/2 STARS
Amy
Jul 22, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
Great little horror story!
Netanella
May 10, 2013 Netanella rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies
Flag football with a zombie twist. Oh, yeah, and revenge-filled chicks dressed as zombie babies.
chucklesthescot
Mar 22, 2014 chucklesthescot rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, horror
The Zombie Dash 10k race is a chance for runners to run through zombie infested woods where volunteers dressed as zombies try to grab flags off their back. Losing a flag costs time to be added at the finish. At first it is all fun with giggling zombies and mock screams of horror until the big clown zombie targets Becca with real menace and drags her away...

I have always wanted to get involved in these zombie races as it looks like a really good laugh-I'd have to be a shambling zombie though as I
Killer of Dreams
Jul 23, 2016 Killer of Dreams rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
Cindy
Jun 20, 2014 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Sometimes I want to read something for just pure entertainment and this fit my mood today. I don't usually do zombie books but I enjoyed this short story! It's a quick read that could actually have a part two. I, anti zombie Cindy, would be interested in finding out what happens after the dash. :)

If you are looking for some good horror short stories, I'd recommend this one and others by this author!
 Mike
Jun 28, 2013 Mike rated it liked it
For a short story it was pretty good It was a bit different then the zombie books I read but I did like it. I can't wait to read something else from this author. I would recommend the book for a quick fun read
Jill  W
Feb 08, 2014 Jill W rated it really liked it
Quick easy read, entertaining short story that may make you reconsider ever doing a zombie run! ;-)
Ruffin Todd
Ruffin Todd rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Randy Hughes
Randy Hughes rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Thomas
Jul 26, 2014 Thomas rated it liked it
Nice short story.
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2013
Susanne
Susanne rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2014
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Liliyana Shadowlyn rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2016
Jenn Swanson
Jenn Swanson rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Andy Capone
Andy Capone rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover needs switched please 12 114 Jun 26, 2013 10:52AM
Vampires, Werewol...: Free Zombie Short Story on Amazon 1 3 Apr 05, 2013 05:42AM
Mark Matthews has a B.A. in English Literature from the University of Michigan and a Master’s Degree in Counseling. He is the author of five novels, including On the Lips of Children, which was a number one selling horror novel on Amazon and published by Books of the Dead Press. MILK-BLOOD, part one, is being developed into a full length feature film and was a 2015 Best Kindle Book Awards ...more
More about Mark Matthews...