Start by marking “Weird Science” as Want to Read:
Weird Science

Weird Science (Busted Labs #1)

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  8 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Welcome to the world of Weird Science, the strange marries with gay romance to produce eight stories that combine humor, the paranormal and love.

Doctor Tentacles and the Pheromone Incident by Liz Brooks shows Carter playing the mad scientist, Dr. Tentacle, but no one draws his eye -- or his nose -- like the new intern, David.

In Frog, Kiernan Kelly presents George, a colle
Published October 24th 2012 by Torquere Press Publishers (first published October 17th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Weird Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird Science

Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste)
I bought this book chiefly to read the story "Bronze" by Alexis Hall. And as expected, that was definitely my favorite in the book. I found the characters in that one endearing & many aspects of the story moving, particularly the touching loneliness of the watchmaker, and the innate sweetness of his "created man", Paris.

Another standout was "The Applicant (or Virgins, Robot Bears, and Other Disasters)" by Aidee Ladnier, a delightful, humorous, sexy, romantic & slightly bittersweet story
blub
I won this through a giveaway being hosted by Aidee Ladnier (a year or so ago).

I didn't read any story but the one by Aidee Ladnier entitled The Applicant. I found it to be a totally charming read. Forbes is so into his work that he just doesn't pay much mind to the guy who came knocking on his door, Oliver. Oliver wants to be assist Forbes and is a bit forceful. Then when one of Forbes robots malfunction and starts acting erratic the two have to take refuge in an enclosed space. Working togethe
Miss
Jul 17, 2016 Miss rated it it was ok
got it for the alexis hall before i decided we were maybe not gonna be the literary match of my dreams. and since i have it anyways...

(reviewing the stories as i go)

Doctor Tentacles and the Pheromone Incident by Liz Brooks: felt very ficcy but cute i guess? i dunno bro, i read this on only a few hours of sleep, the details have slipped away.

Frog by Kiernan Kelly: this doesn't have an ending??? i'm legitimately uncertain as to whether a few pages were accidentally left out of my ebook here.

The Ap
Lotta
Aug 23, 2016 Lotta rated it really liked it
OK, I'll be honest, I got this antho for the story by Alexis Hall, and that's the only one I've read. It's a story that appears to take place in the Prosperityverse, with phlogiston and mechanical wonders. The main character builds himself a mechanical bronze man after suffering heartbreak, and then has to deal with questions of what makes a person, what love is, how you know love is real and other such questions that I do recognise from other books by Hall. Recommended.
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Linasjuodas
Linasjuodas rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2016
Sterh
Sterh rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Kestrel
Kestrel rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Sylvia
Jul 17, 2016 Sylvia added it
Some I liked better than others, loved Bronze by Alexis Hall
Aidee Ladnier
Nov 03, 2012 Aidee Ladnier added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Nightcolors
Nightcolors marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Kiki
Kiki added it
Nov 09, 2012
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Neko
Neko marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Susan
Susan added it
Jan 05, 2013
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Peggy
Peggy added it
Feb 08, 2015
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Mar Durango
Aug 28, 2014 Mar Durango added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m
Davina
Davina added it
Jun 15, 2013
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
J
J marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Coni
Coni added it
Jan 29, 2014
Aidee Ladnier
Mar 27, 2014 Aidee Ladnier added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lillian Francis
Lillian Francis marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Wilbur Day
Wilbur Day marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014

Busted Labs (2 books)
  • The Break-in (Busted Labs #2)