Two Wrongs Make a Marriage

Two Wrongs Make a Marriage

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Lord Kenton is surprisingly happy to be lured to a moonlit gazebo, held at gunpoint by the delectable Cynthia Banester and forced to marry her. The only finger he's had to lift is the one that's caressed the neckline of her dress. She's claimed a title--he's secured a fortune. There are just two problems--he's not the real Lord Kenton, and she's not rich!

Bound by their own...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

Ruth
This was a rather fun, different historical romance, provided to me by netgalley.

It starts off with a stonkingly good opening chapter - there's nothing like a gun-toting Regency heroine to grab your attention! - and is premised on an intriguing plot, which you just don't see often.

So, what did I like?

- The plot is very enjoyable. It's a nice, credible twist on the mistaken identity/double plot. A mistaken identity plot has to be really solid to work, and because mistaken identity isn't really s...more
Caz
I thoroughly enjoyed Two Wrongs Make a Marriage - it was like a Regency episode of Hustle! (or Leverage if you're on the other side of the pond.)

Jack Briggs, an actor, has been employed by a reclusive nobleman to pretend to be his son, marry an heiress, restore the family fortune and possibly beget an heir before faking the son's death and returning to his previous life on the stage.

Cynthia - or Thea - is thought to have money, but in reality, her father has been swindled out of twenty-thousand...more
Melody May
Also on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Hello again, I'm back with another book. Todays selection is Two Wrongs Make a Marriage by Christine Merrill. I'm going to start off with what the story is about:

Cynthia Banester needs to marry a wealth member of the ton to help her family get out of their financial crisis, so why not trap the ever so handsome Lord Kenton into marriage. A simple comprise would not do, so why not have make sure you get compromise by gun point. Make sure the job is done and r...more
Farrah
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

I've read a couple of Christine Merrill's books and I've loved each one, so I assumed that I would like Two Wrongs Make a Marriage.
And it didn't disappoint. This book was so good. It hooks you in immediately and doesn't let you go.

I liked the premise of this book. It's a new one. You don't often see the heroine forcing the hero to marry her at gun point. And it was very well done.

I had mixed feeling about Cynthia, and...more
Janga
The premise is promising. Cynthia Banester needs to marry a wealthy gentleman quickly because her father has lost the family fortune to a clever, black-hearted villain. Lord Kenton, son and heir of the Earl of Spayne seems the perfect candidate. Only Kenton is really actor Jack Briggs, who has been hired by Spayne to play the role of his son as part of an attempt to thwart a blackmailer (the same villain who cheated Cynthia’s father). Jack’s task is to marry and impregnate a wealthy wife and the...more
Susan
I liked the storyline of the book, it was a little different than the usual. Cynthia has held Jack at gunpoint long enough for him to compromise her and be forced to marry her. She wants his title and his assistance in restoring her family's money. He needs her money because his "father" is being blackmailed. Problem is, he's not really who she thinks he is - he's an actor playing a part. And she doesn't have any money, she needs his. Once the deceptions come out they have to decide how to deal...more
Amy
This book was a real grabber. One of those kind I couldn't put down, and it was so original! It's about an actor who is portraying the role of someone else off-stage in his relationship with his new wife. Both he and his wife are trying con-game the con man to retrieve the money that the con man schemed out of her family. I gave it four stars instead of five because I would have preferred a little more descriptive "bedroom time" between the two after this gradual building of sexual tension from...more
Lourdes
I don't think Ms. Merrill will ever disappoint me. This was quite a good read, the story very different from your traditional Regency book and still a lovely romance. I didn't give it 5 stars because the ending was a little flat to me, but otherwise it was good and quite entertaining.
GONZA
The premises were good because it seemed a different typ of regency romance, one were theheroine leads, but in the end she was too self-assumptious and I couldn't stand her anymore.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIND FOR THE PREVIEW
Harlequin Books
"For lightweight humor and fast-paced entertainment, Merrill's latest is ideal. The snappy dialogue and vivacious characters combine to add levity...a pleasant, quick charmer of a read." RT Book Reviews
Donna
Loved it! Fun, romantic & a small twist at the end.
Not just the typical historical romance.
I definitely recommend to anyone who likes the genre.
This is going on my keeper shelf!
*MariaA*
As a fast paced novella would've been much better!
Rachel Berens-VanHeest
Fresh and different and delightful, like all of Chris's regencies!
Dixie
DNF...Couldn't get into this.
Cary
Cary added it
Jun 29, 2014
Angela Smith
Angela Smith marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kaija Kruusmaa
Kaija Kruusmaa marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Apr 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christine Merrill has wanted to be an author for as long as she can remember. But one thing stood in her way: touch typing.

Six weeks spent on an IBM Selectric in her Sophomore year of high school proved that she would never be able to produce one readable page of manuscript, much less several hundred.

Twenty years passed, and she found ways to pass the time: marrying her high school sweetheart; hav...more
More about Christine Merrill...
The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1) Miss Winthorpe's Elopement (Belston & Friends #1) An Unladylike Offer Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2) Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Mills & Boon Historical)