Start by marking “Sworn to Protect (Vows of the Heart)” as Want to Read:
Sworn to Protect (Vows of the Heart)

Sworn to Protect (Vows of the Heart #1)

In Los Angeles, Bethany Kress has been forced to work for international arms dealer and drug lord, Jose Cordova, as a professional thief, stealing cars and running drug shipments. Cordova holds her ailing father and if she does not comply, Cordova will kill him. But the DEA has infiltrated Cordova's operation in Los Angeles and the undercover agent, Aaron, befriends ...more
Published October 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Sworn to Protect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sworn to Protect

Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
Apr 12, 2013 Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow and woooooow!!!
This is a fast-paced, action-packed, modern day romance that will leave you sitting on the edge of your seat!

Sworn To Protect is set in the U.S. where Ethan and Bethany meet under the most stressful circumstances. Both are witnesses to the crimes of an international arms dealer and drug-lord. They become protected witnesses and cannot trust anybody. They must now rely on each other to survive.

The plot is very intricate and there are some twists and turns that I really wa
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
OMG! WOW! This was an absolute treat. I can’s stop talking about it. Sworn to Protect took me on heck of a ride which I am yet to recover from. It totally blew my mind. This was an exceptional read and just could not get enough of it. This is the first book in a series that from the looks of it is going to be a great series. I can’t wait to read the second book in the series.

The story grabbed me from the very first word and it held my attention to the very end. It’s filled with action, suspense
Petula
Mar 29, 2013 Petula rated it it was amazing
This book is a romantic thriller in the true sense of the words . It was so fast paced you don't have time to breathe . It was like reading a Bruce Willis film, except the heroine saves the hero as often as he saves her . There is a good love story in there as well . I loved both lead characters .Bethany is so funny and clever . Ethan is just so hot. I know there will be a follow up with Nathan's story and i can't wait to read it.
Lena♥Ribka
Feb 27, 2013 Lena♥Ribka rated it really liked it
4,5 Stars!
If you want danger, suspense, steaming actions, great chemistry and interesting characters all rolled into one then Kathryn Loch "Sworn to protect" is the perfect romance for you.
I loved this book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a sexy novel with a good story behind it!
Ann Frank
May 07, 2013 Ann Frank rated it really liked it
I like the action in this book, but there is a lot of death and over kill on corruption in our government agencies-or at least I hope so! The romance is limited, but sweet.
Victoria
3.25 STARS- I originally wanted to read Sworn to Love, another book by author Kathryn Loch . Sworn to Love has both a back from the dead and an amnesia story line. Cliché? For sure! But total favorites for me anyway. I then found out that Sworn to Love is actually book two in the Vows of the Heart series. The first book in the series is Sworn to Protect and because I like to read series books in order, the series seemed to be sequential, and I happened to have the first book already on my kindle ...more
Peg
Feb 09, 2013 Peg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a five star intriguing story about deceit and loyalty, love and forgiveness. At the heart of this page turner is a romantic love story, that is both realistic and heart warming. I loved all the main characters in this book, Ethan, Bethany and Nathan. Don't plan on getting anything else done once you start reading this book, you won't want to put it down. I'm looking forward to book two in this series.
Lhenry
A big strength of this one was the excellent teamwork between Bethany and Ethan. Love how Ethan was impressed and even proud of Bethany's skills, even if they were not always law abiding. Also liked the secondary storyline with Ethan's brother. The paranormal aspect was a bit confusing to me but in the long run I thought it worked.
Greta Branas
May 03, 2013 Greta Branas rated it it was amazing
I was very glad to come across this Author. The book is excellent read had me not putting the book down. Read this book you will not be disappointed. Reading the second book right now.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

A thrilling read!

Read full review in the 2013 May issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Debbie Madison
Feb 02, 2013 Debbie Madison rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Couldn't put it down!
Jen_C
This one leaves me debating between 3-1/2 to 4 stars. I rounded up. When it was good it was very good, but when it wasn't...it was cringeworthy (Ethan "snarled & growled" rather than spoke). Not sure how to describe.

Liked: the dynamic between our main characters, the teamwork, most of the love story. Speed from meeting to jumping into bed & being in LOVE.

Disliked: How all the men seemed to lose all manliness when in the car with Bethany drove. I get admiring her skills but EVERY single m
Sherry
May 14, 2015 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Sadly I've had this book for two years, and just now read it. This is the first book I had ever gotten from this author, but I thought it was more important to read other books first. Was I mistaken.

I enjoyed the interaction of the characters, the emotions they both felt. Lots of intrigued, suspense, action, and of course love.

The first book I honestly read of Kathryn's is A Time To Live. That was very captivating. From there all her Mist books. I'm glad I found this author she knows how to tel
Marcella
I really enjoyed this and had trouble putting it down. Good voice, good plot, great suspense and action, and the romance didn't suffer as so often happens with romantic suspense. I definitely want to read more by this author.
Glenda Bettin
May 16, 2015 Glenda Bettin rated it it was amazing
First time I have read anything by this author, wow love this book big time, Bethany kicked ass big time. Bring on Nathan
Happy
May 01, 2013 Happy is currently reading it
$.99. Good reviews. It's a modern story. Sounds like it centers around drugs and crime. Also sounds like a love story. A good guy protecting a girl that needs it while undercover.
LuAnn
LuAnn rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Crystal Gillis
Crystal Gillis rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
LeahSay's Views
LeahSay's Views rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Santana
Santana rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2013
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Angela Britt
Angela Britt rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2013
Jo Notary
285pgs, romantic Suspense
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2013
Pia
Pia rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Shelley parsons
Shelley parsons rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Kathryn Loch has been active in the publishing community since 1996. She has actively held offices such as president and treasurer in her local writer's guild. The guild hosts an annual writers conference bringing in respected NY editors, agents and published authors to educate, network, and inform. She published her first novel, Primal Entities: Chaos, a medieval fantasy romance, in 2001 and is ...more
More about Kathryn Loch...

Vows of the Heart (2 books)
  • Sworn to Love

“Bethany, you’re going to take him on one of your little joy rides, aren’t you?” Her grin broadened.

“Damn, you’re ten pounds of crazy in a five pound bag. I don’t want you tangling with the cops again.”
2 likes
“Ethan’s jaw dropped. Again he had underestimated her. Abruptly, he fought down a smile. “I don’t know whether to kiss you or arrest you.”
She smiled up at him and again Ethan thought her lips were entirely too close to his.
“You should kiss me,” she said, stunning him even more. “I guarantee it will be a lot more pleasant than arresting me...for both of us.”
2 likes