Start by marking “A Taste of Romance” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Romance

A Taste of Romance

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A Romance for Every Mood! Discover four ways to fall in love with these four original novellas...

A white witch and a soul reaper battle for each other's hearts. A hot cowboy meets a sexy guest at a dude ranch and gets the ride of his life. A deadly storm may bring a detective and the woman he loves together...or tear them apart. And a woman expecting to go on a first date
Published December 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Romance

Rebecca
I have mixed feelings about anthologies in general, but when I saw Michele Hauf's name on this one I thought I'd try it out. Unfortunately, I really only liked one of the novellas, so I can't really recommend this book to others. I'm giving it 3 stars because I felt the novellas weren't badly written; they just didn't really work for me.

Michele Hauf's novella, The Reaper's Heart, just wasn't for me. I really didn't care for either the hero or the heroine. Usually Ms. Hauf is a favorite, but this
SheLove2Read
DNF for The Reaper's Heart by Michelle Hauf. It only took 2 pages to know I wasn't going to be interested, purely based on content (demons and witches).

The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn. 3 stars. I'm a little torn on this one. Very emotional content, but I disliked the hero for 90% of the story. He started out as a good guy, but a little too remote in his demeanor. Turned into a jerk but redeemed himself in the end. For me a case of too little, too late. Loved the heroine though.

Any Man of Mine
Honest B*tches Book Reviews - Leah
I give this collection of novellas 3 Stars overall, but that's a bit generous only because I enjoyed two of them so much that it pulls the average up a bit. There were a few more typos and errors in this than I'd expect from such a well known publisher, I guess quality isn't as important to them in a freebie teaser collection.

The Reaper's Heart - 2 Stars
Like many novellas, it felt very rushed and also way too convenient at times as well. The author's descriptions were beautiful but the character
Marsha
Dec 16, 2014 Marsha rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
The Reaper's Heart by Michele Hauf *****
This adorably sweet short romance is well written with a terrific concept. I just love how everything came together. A terrific way to begin this anthology.
The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn *****
I loved this one so much, I will definitely be reading more. When a storm blows in to Comfort Cove, some residents are forced to wake up to the destruction in their surroundings. What a sweet, promising ending.
Any Man of Mine by Debbi Rawlins *****
This novella was
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
These were all really short novellas and suffered from that fact. They all read like there was a strict word count and none of the authors could adequately tell their story within that limit. Also, it's okay if story doesn't have declarations of love or sex if cramming it in there doesn't make sense. Thankfully this was free.

The Reaper's Heart
Pretty ridiculous story all the way around. The resolution was awfully convenient.

The Good Girl
I think there's something to irritate everyone in this story
Priscilla
Not happy with the last story. It was so good then all of a sudden a portion of the book is messed up for about 3 pages, skipping parts of it. Don''t know if it was the version I had, my e-reader or what, but it really messed with the flow and had me wondering what the heck I missed. Other than that, excellent read.
Caro
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked all the novellas in it and they all had me wanting the read the rest of their series. I liked how there was a little of everything. There was sweetness, some hot paranormal, some hold-your-breath intrigue, and some good ol fashioned southern comfort. This was a great mix and I'm glad I own it. The stories were shorter (novellas) but they packed enough juiciness and meat to keep me entertained, on edge of my seat, smiling, snickering, and sighing with l ...more
Tiff
The Reaper's Heart - 2/5

The Good Girl - 3/5

Any Man Of Mine - 2.5/5

Secret Agent Seduction - 2.5/5
Christa Simpson
I thought the third story was sweet and the last one hot!! I think they deserve their stars if not the first two novellas in this collection. I liked the cowboy. He was a sweetheart, even if i couldn't connect with the heroine. His character was incredibly believable to me.

In Secret Agent Seduction, secret agent Jude did it for me. lol. He can have all of the stars. His story was super short, but action-packed and the author threw in enough steamy action, which was awfully tasty I might add, to
Britta
Only liked two of the four novellas. the first one and the second one (I think it was the second).
Mya
It help time fly I enjoy myself
Mayra
This was an enjoyable read for me, maybe because of the sex scenes. Obviously the novellas were too short for their to be actual good plot development. My favorite of the four was The Reaper's Heart, because of the fantastical premise and the awesomely serene description of the wintry night forest, in addition to the sex scene. Secret Agent Seduction was not very enjoyable; it was hard to actually get engaged in the secret agent plot.
Jill
Sep 26, 2013 Jill rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
This is a collection of four short stories made into an ebook. These are better tin some of the other short romances I have read lately. Some followed scripts more than others, but as long as you aren't expecting much, they are quick reads.
Debbi
A good short story book on romance from known Harlequin Romance wrtiers.
Petula
The first and last stories I enjoyed . The middle two not my scene.
Mary Mooney
This was four short stories. A different kind of love for each.
Traci
Was okay. Like Debbi Rawlins' "Any Man of Mine" the most.
Misty
Can't wait to read the full versions!!!
Kbee
4 novellas. 4 Cute little love stories.
Cassandra
Oh my God, this was ridiculous.
Carla
Pretty good.
Niji.kaben
Niji.kaben marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Brendamcarbajal
Brendamcarbajal marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
B
B added it
Mar 27, 2015
  • Save Me, Santa
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Harlequin Holiday Collection: Four Classic Seasonal Novellas
  • The Gatekeeper (The Keepers: L.A., #0.5)
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
  • Blaze
  • Eternal Spring
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana #2)
  • Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)
  • A Grosvenor Square Christmas
  • Holiday Kisses
  • Decorah Security Collection
  • Vampire Bites: Bite-sized Vampire Stories from Favorite Authors
  • Price of Passion
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • Daffodils in Spring
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over fifteen years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cr
More about Michele Hauf...
Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2) Her Vampire Husband (Wicked Games, #3) The Devil To Pay (Bewitch the Dark #4) Forever Vampire Seducing the Vampire