Start by marking “A Taste of Romance” as Want to Read:
A Taste of Romance

A Taste of Romance (Comfort Cove #2.5 (The Good Girl))

A Romance for Every Mood! Discover four ways to fall in love with these four original novellas...

A white witch and a soul reaper battle for each other's hearts. A hot cowboy meets a sexy guest at a dude ranch and gets the ride of his life. A deadly storm may bring a detective and the woman he loves together...or tear them apart. And a woman expecting to go on a first date
Published December 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about A Taste of Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste of Romance

Rebecca
I have mixed feelings about anthologies in general, but when I saw Michele Hauf's name on this one I thought I'd try it out. Unfortunately, I really only liked one of the novellas, so I can't really recommend this book to others. I'm giving it 3 stars because I felt the novellas weren't badly written; they just didn't really work for me.

Michele Hauf's novella, The Reaper's Heart, just wasn't for me. I really didn't care for either the hero or the heroine. Usually Ms. Hauf is a favorite, but this
SheLove2Read
Jan 19, 2013 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
DNF for The Reaper's Heart by Michelle Hauf. It only took 2 pages to know I wasn't going to be interested, purely based on content (demons and witches).

The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn. 3 stars. I'm a little torn on this one. Very emotional content, but I disliked the hero for 90% of the story. He started out as a good guy, but a little too remote in his demeanor. Turned into a jerk but redeemed himself in the end. For me a case of too little, too late. Loved the heroine though.

Any Man of Mine
Sandra Lopez
Feb 15, 2017 Sandra Lopez rated it it was ok
“The Reaper’s Heart” by Michele Hauf

Witch vs. Reaper: A witch and a reaper are at battling odds over each other’s hearts (literally, they want to slice open the chest cavity and rip out each other’s hearts for their own selfish purposes.) It’s a strange fantasy with true love. Do these two actually fall for each other? Of course, they do! It’s a Harlequin, after all.

They touch each other with magic as neither one is willing to give in. Who will win the heart? The witch will die if she doesn’t g
Honest B*tches Book Reviews - Leah
I give this collection of novellas 3 Stars overall, but that's a bit generous only because I enjoyed two of them so much that it pulls the average up a bit. There were a few more typos and errors in this than I'd expect from such a well known publisher, I guess quality isn't as important to them in a freebie teaser collection.

The Reaper's Heart - 2 Stars
Like many novellas, it felt very rushed and also way too convenient at times as well. The author's descriptions were beautiful but the character
Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
These were all really short novellas and suffered from that fact. They all read like there was a strict word count and none of the authors could adequately tell their story within that limit. Also, it's okay if story doesn't have declarations of love or sex if cramming it in there doesn't make sense. Thankfully this was free.

The Reaper's Heart
Pretty ridiculous story all the way around. The resolution was awfully convenient.

The Good Girl
I think there's something to irritate everyone in this story
Miah
Jan 23, 2016 Miah rated it it was ok
There are four short novellas in this anthology and two of them were all right, one was lovely, and the fourth was dreck.

I got the book for Debbi Rawlins' "Any Man of Mine", which is part of her Made in Montana series. Her story was third in the book and my favorite of the four. I couldn't help but wish it was longer, but such is the nature of a novella anthology.

The second and fourth stories were Tara Taylor Quinn's "The Good Girl" and Jennifer Morey's "Secret Agent Seduction". Both of those w
Marsha
Dec 15, 2014 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
The Reaper's Heart by Michele Hauf *****
This adorably sweet short romance is well written with a terrific concept. I just love how everything came together. A terrific way to begin this anthology.
The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn *****
I loved this one so much, I will definitely be reading more. When a storm blows in to Comfort Cove, some residents are forced to wake up to the destruction in their surroundings. What a sweet, promising ending.
Any Man of Mine by Debbi Rawlins *****
This novella was
Stories & Verse
Nov 06, 2013 Stories & Verse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Taste of Romance was a compilation of 4 short stories taken from 4 Harlequin genres that I don't normally read. However I did find each channelled a message of romance:

THE REAPERS HEART(Harlequin Nocturne genre; Paranormal)- Love will save your soul

THE GOOD GIRL (Harlequin Superromance genre "It happened in Comfort Cove" miniseries) - The one you truely love comes to mind in a brutal rain storm; Serendipity in a rain storm

ANY MAN OF MINE (Harlequin Blaze genre)- love and steamy romance will fi
Caro
Feb 06, 2013 Caro rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, h-mnb-s
I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked all the novellas in it and they all had me wanting the read the rest of their series. I liked how there was a little of everything. There was sweetness, some hot paranormal, some hold-your-breath intrigue, and some good ol fashioned southern comfort. This was a great mix and I'm glad I own it. The stories were shorter (novellas) but they packed enough juiciness and meat to keep me entertained, on edge of my seat, smiling, snickering, and sighing with l ...more
Christa Simpson
Apr 08, 2013 Christa Simpson rated it really liked it
I thought the third story was sweet and the last one hot!! I think they deserve their stars if not the first two novellas in this collection. I liked the cowboy. He was a sweetheart, even if i couldn't connect with the heroine. His character was incredibly believable to me.

In Secret Agent Seduction, secret agent Jude did it for me. lol. He can have all of the stars. His story was super short, but action-packed and the author threw in enough steamy action, which was awfully tasty I might add, to
Lucille
Aug 15, 2014 Lucille rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I know they're called short stories for a reason, but damn, these stories are way too short!

I disliked most of them because they all contained insta-love. Except The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn. But even that I didn't enjoy.

I think all these stories have potential to be a good novel given a more in-depth characterization and more character interactions, rather than a short story with insta-love and lust-filled gazes that is supposed to make me believe that they have fallen in love in the sp
rm2h
Sep 19, 2016 rm2h rated it it was ok
The Reaper's Heart by Michele Hauf
1 star. A witch falls in love with a demon. Unlikeable MCs. Terrible writing. Reads like a bad fanfic.

The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn
2 stars. Better written than The Reaper's Heart. But what's with the shaming of the female characters?

Any Man of Mine by Debbi Rawlins
3 stars. The best of the lot. A cowboy romance. Nice, short and sweet.

Secret Agent Seduction by Jennifer Morey
1 star. The whole plot and especially the hero's background (a super secret counte
Zuzana
4 Harlequin novellas
Anthology includes:

The Reaper's Heart by Michele Hauf

The Good Girl by Tara Taylor Quinn

Any Man of Mine by Debbi Rawlins
3 stars. The best of the lot. A cowboy romance. Nice, short and sweet.

Secret Agent Seduction by Jennifer Morey
1 star. The whole plot and especially the h
Mayra
Apr 09, 2013 Mayra rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read for me, maybe because of the sex scenes. Obviously the novellas were too short for their to be actual good plot development. My favorite of the four was The Reaper's Heart, because of the fantastical premise and the awesomely serene description of the wintry night forest, in addition to the sex scene. Secret Agent Seduction was not very enjoyable; it was hard to actually get engaged in the secret agent plot.
Priscilla
Aug 31, 2014 Priscilla rated it really liked it
Not happy with the last story. It was so good then all of a sudden a portion of the book is messed up for about 3 pages, skipping parts of it. Don''t know if it was the version I had, my e-reader or what, but it really messed with the flow and had me wondering what the heck I missed. Other than that, excellent read.
Lillie
Jul 16, 2016 Lillie rated it it was ok
The two main problems with this book are really just the nature of the genre: 1) The wide range of subgenres means that few people will enjoy all the stories simply because of reading preferences. 2) The short length of each story means that there isn't time to develop characters and the plot often seems rushed.
Mar 25, 2015 Jennifer rated it liked it
A quick read

This was an easy book to pick up and put down as needed. I liked the fact that the stories were short and wrapped up quickly. I liked the comedy in the first novel and may read another of this authors stories. A good quick read to introduce you to new authors.
annette colon
Sep 08, 2015 annette colon rated it really liked it
A Little Bit Of Everything

This book has a little bit of everything, from paranormal to contemporary, along with a little bit of sizzle and some action.
These stories are just a taste of what Harlequin has to offer.
Hildegart
Sep 26, 2013 Hildegart rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is a collection of four short stories made into an ebook. These are better tin some of the other short romances I have read lately. Some followed scripts more than others, but as long as you aren't expecting much, they are quick reads.
Misty
Dec 29, 2012 Misty rated it liked it
Can't wait to read the full versions!!!
Mya
Jul 29, 2013 Mya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i didnt like hav d endings
Kbee
Dec 15, 2012 Kbee rated it liked it
4 novellas. 4 Cute little love stories.
Britta
Mar 11, 2015 Britta rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, own, fiction, 2015
Only liked two of the four novellas. the first one and the second one (I think it was the second).
Mary Mooney
Mar 04, 2013 Mary Mooney rated it it was amazing
This was four short stories. A different kind of love for each.
Peni
Please see individual stories for review.
Maria
Apr 10, 2013 Maria rated it liked it
Entertaining
Joycee
Sep 02, 2016 Joycee rated it it was ok
See reviews under individual tales.
Overall, it was an OK collection. It gave me a taste of these authors, as it was meant to. :)
Debbi
Jun 05, 2013 Debbi rated it it was amazing
A good short story book on romance from known Harlequin Romance wrtiers.
Carla
May 04, 2013 Carla rated it it was ok
Pretty good.
Karla(Book Addict)
Jan 07, 2016 Karla(Book Addict) rated it liked it
Shelves: adults-only, romantic
It was way better than what I expected.
Overall a pleasant read.
  • Save Me, Santa
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • Blaze
  • Decorah Security Collection
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Passion to Die For
  • The Gatekeeper (The Keepers: L.A., #0.5)
  • A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)
  • Eternal Spring
  • Kel (Zodius, #2.5)
  • Jewels of Historical Romance
  • Blue Christmas: Big Girls Don't Cry Christmas Short Story (Blonde Barracuda, #1.5)
  • Already Home (Sons of Chance #6.2)
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • Her Druid Temptation (The Amber Druid Series 0.5)
  • The Indie Eclective: The Holiday Collection
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Vampire Bites
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre
More about Michele Hauf...

Comfort Cove (3 books)
  • A Son's Tale
  • A Daughter's Story (Comfort Cove, #2)
  • The Truth About Comfort Cove