Start by marking “Manhattan Moon (Shape-Shifter, #1.75)” as Want to Read:
Manhattan Moon (Shape-Shifter, #1.75)

Read Excerpt

Manhattan Moon (Shape-Shifter #1.75)

Nothing in Shelby Carson’s life is ordinary. Not only is she an attending psychiatrist in a hectic ER, but she’s also a Wrasa, a shape-shifter who leads a secret existence.

To make things even more complicated, she has feelings for Nyla Rozakis, a human nurse.

Even though the Wrasa forbid relationships with humans, Shelby is determined to pursue Nyla. Things seem pretty hope
Published October 18th 2012 by Ylva Verlag e.Kfr. (first published October 14th 2012)

Wolgan
Lexxi Kitty
This is my 22nd work that I’ve read by Jae. Something like the 9th short story (though I do not always remember to include that shelf). This is also the last story in the Shape-Shifter series that I had not yet read. This might be the only Jae series where I’ve actually read everything in it. Every novel length work, every short story length work.

Right, so – Shelby Carson is a psychologist who works in the psych ward at an ER in New York. Or works in an ER deal with psych patients. One, the othe
Luce
4 stars
This was a re-read. I first read this novella a few years ago. It follows the romance between Nyla, a human nurse and Shelby a Wrasa coyote shape-shifter who works with Nyla in a human ER as a psychiatrist. Only Shelby is an outsider in both worlds. Not a human and a shapeshifter who cannot shift. It would be 5 stars if it only it mentioned how Shelby's pack accepted the relationship. But I guess Jae wanted to keep it short? A pleasant read in Jae's shapeshifter series.
Hannah (Filia Libri)
Diese und weitere Rezensionen findet ihr auf meinem Blog Anima Libri - Buchseele

Ein großes Problem mit den Geschichten von Jae ist die mangelnde Konstanz was deutsche Versionen angeht. Während es (bis auf 2 Ausnahmen, wenn ich das richtig gesehen habe) alle Titel der deutschen Autorin auf Englisch gibt, gibt es vieles eben nur auf Englisch und nicht auf Deutsch. Das ist gerade dann überaus ärgerlich, wenn es sich um eine der beiden größeren losen Serien der Autorin handelt. „Vollmond über Manhat
lov2laf
4.5 stars.

This is a great bonus story that takes place after 'Second Nature' and before 'True Nature'. I would not consider this a standalone story because the laws and world of the Wrasa (i.e. the shapeshifters) are too complex to fit into this short story/novela and may leave the reader feeling like they've been in a hit and run when the rules come up but aren't explained in depth.

What is easy to grasp, though, is the romantic arc of the book. The two characters here Shelby and Nyla, one Wrasa
C. Mack
Jun 29, 2016 C. Mack rated it it was amazing
Typical Jae

This is a fantastically well written short story that despite being entwined with her other 'shifter' novels can be read and enjoyed as a strand alone.
Megan
3.5 Stars

Manhattan Moon follows the romance between Shelby and Nyla - a Wrasa psychiatrist and human nurse living in Manhattan. It's nice to see that Jae is still working in this universe - Second Nature was a great book - but be warned that this is a short novella (believe it or not, Jae can write under 400 pages! :) ) Despite Griffin and Jorie, it is still forbidden for Wrasa to have significant relationships with humans, but Shelby is unable to resist the devloping relationship. The story giv
Ameliah Faith
Nov 14, 2015 Ameliah Faith rated it it was amazing
Yay More!

I really love series that focus on other characters from the same story line. This short novel is another part of Jae's Shifter series. We again meet Dr Shelby, a coyote shifter, and her human lover from the book True Nature. This is the story of how they meet and fall for each other. Jae took me on a journey allowing me to watch these women fall in love and defy the Council. The writing and character development in this book is flawless. I really adored the plot. The characters were j
Lisa Beavan
Nov 25, 2016 Lisa Beavan rated it really liked it
I'm a great fan of books by Jae, but this is the first of her shape-shifting world. I am a fan of this genre and was looking forward to reading this novella. I really enjoyed it, the build up of the relationship between Shelby and Nyla is just right, and you can feel it coming from the pages. The only thing I would say it that it ends abruptly. The story does not seem to come to a close, there are chapters missing. What's there is good, but it needs to be finished. 3.5 stars.
I was given a free c
June
Jun 20, 2016 June rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, queer, 2016-reads
A quick read in The Shape-Shifter Series unvierse and this is a love story in all senses of the term.

Expect a beautiful and sweet short story with classic 'squealing moments' that fit within the premise. Forbidden love has always been a guilty pleasure of mine and Jae writes it best. Who doesn't love the age old wooing between two people with an undeniable attraction for each other and who are not supposed to be together?

I know I do.
Veronica
Sep 22, 2014 Veronica rated it really liked it
Overall a good story, but a few loose ends..

The story was good but there were a few loose ends - I won't mention details (don't want to spoil it). In my opinion the story could've been developed better if it had been a longer book where it could have been fleshed out more and those loose ends tied.
Jane Shambler
May 25, 2016 Jane Shambler rated it it was amazing
Well!!

I'm hooked. Well and truly. Jae's shape shifter novels are both compelling and addictive. Jae's writing style is fun and easy to follow. Also her style is humorous but her novels are serious. I'm seriously addicted. Her imagination is out of this world. I definitely vote for more.
Claire
Aug 21, 2016 Claire rated it liked it
It’s a short book. Only 95 pages. Jay writes in an efficient way : her characters are lively and she immerses us quickly in their lives. But when closing the book, we are a little bit disappointed ‘cause it seems almost unfinished.
Pleasant but not really unforgettable.
Cheri
Nov 05, 2012 Cheri rated it really liked it
Short and sweet and I liked it a lot!
TJ
love shifter book
Debby Ladiges
Jul 16, 2016 Debby Ladiges rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully romantic !

Wonderfully romantic and full of hopes and dreams, everything true love can be plus hope for a bright promising future!
Erica Collins
Apr 15, 2014 Erica Collins rated it really liked it
another great story by Jae.
Leela20
Leela20 rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2016
Gaby
Gaby rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Fletcher
Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
C.C.
C.C. rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Berri
Berri rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Traj
Traj rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Ming
Ming rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Neomy Rose
Neomy Rose rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Lostandnotyetfound
Lostandnotyetfound rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2014
Linda Geffert
Linda Geffert rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • Fox Run (The Madison Wolves, #1)
  • Raven Mask (Kassandra Lyall Preternatural Investigator, #2)
  • First Lady
  • Under the Midnight Cloak (Under, #1)
  • Night Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #3)
  • Strange Bedfellows (Strange Bedfellows, #1)
  • Love by the Numbers
  • Just Jorie
  • In Spirit and Truth (In Spiritu Et Veritate, #1)
  • Uncommon Emotions
  • The Princess Affair
  • Wild
  • Give Me A Reason
  • Love's Melody Lost
  • The Dreamer, Her Angel and the Stars
Jae grew up amidst the vineyards of southern Germany. She spent her childhood with her nose buried in a book, earning her the nickname, “professor.” The writing bug bit her at the age of eleven. She works as a psychologist and likes to spend her time reading, cooking, and watching too many crime shows.
More about Jae...

Shape-Shifter (2 books)
  • Second Nature (Shape-Shifter, #1)
  • True Nature (Shape-Shifter, #2)