Start by marking “Emergence” as Want to Read:
Emergence

Emergence

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Assassin Antony Danic has never killed an innocent man. At least, the corporation he works for has never given him a reason to think otherwise--until now. Reeling from a series of demanding assignments, Antony is desperate for some downtime. As he sits on a beach in Tahiti watching his wife play in the ocean, a messenger delivers a death threat. In a matter of seconds, the ...more
Published November 2012 by Walnut Springs Press

To ask other readers questions about Emergence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emergence

Donna Weaver
WHAT MY STARS MEAN:
5 Stars--the book had a profound impact on me. It touched me on some special level and lingered with me long after I'd finished reading it.
4 Stars--I loved this book. If I don't own it, I will buy it so I can read it again and again.
3 Stars--I enjoyed the book but may have had an issue or two with it.
2 Stars--I had more than a few issues with it.
1 Stars--I hated it.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Sheila
I really liked this book! C. Michelle Jefferies is a great writer. She knows how to write action, and pull in her readers from the first page. Emergence is the kind of book that you never want to put down until the last page. The main protagonist can be aloof at times, but also is a deep thinker. He grows on you so much! Antony is someone that you can see being the next James Bond; he is that charismatic, but he is also very deadly in his role as an assassin.

I was so totally shocked at the end
Renae Mackley
An unusual main character takes the stage in C. Michelle Jefferies' new high-tech thriller, Emergence. Only the wife he adores and her hope for a family could make a hit man soften his rough edges. Add in a death threat, confusing signals from his employer, and a lurking presence, and Antony more than wonders if he needs to get out of this dangerous business. I expected the plot to take some different directions than it did—wanting even more thrills, tech details, or some of the assignments to l ...more
Cathy
A serviceable thriller about an assassin, about 70 years in the future, who kills bad guys: or so he thinks. After killing a few men who don't seem bad, as well as being followed by a stranger who threatens him and his wife if he doesn't do his work better, Antony starts wondering what the bigger picture is and what's going on. He's most worried about his wife and her safety.
I enjoyed the book fairly well, but the whole thing ended up feeling a bit like just a prologue or introduction to the re
Mercedes Yardley
I read this book while I should have been staring at the wonder of Yellowstone Park. It was refreshing to see an assassin tale that manages to make the main character interesting and multidimensional. An assassin with a wife? No, scratch that. An assassin who is actually in love with his wife? The book manages to be suspenseful and clean at the same time. I'd definitely recommend it to those who have trouble dealing the with gore that generally comes in this genre. I read this quickly, recommend ...more
Konstanz Silverbow
Fast paced, heart pounding, sweaty palm action. This book keeps you on your toes, guessing at every turn.
Who is good? Who is bad? And who dies next?
Antony doesn't know who to trust, who to kill, and who to let live.

This book will keep you reading late into the night, never giving you a break to put it down.

Warning: Once you start reading, you won't stop until you've reached the end!

Characters? Incredible, believable.
Writing? 5 stars alone just for the writing.
Story? Think James Bond only
Amber Warfield
I really did enjoy this book. It was a fairly quick read and I stayed interested the entire time. The book is set in the future but not so far in the future, or written in such a way that you couldn't visualize it in that way. There was a religious aspect to the story which I found unexpected but nice and not overdone. Overall good read.

**I received this book free from Goodreads.
Roseanne Wilkins
This book is the story of how an assassin changes his life. There were some tragic events that lead to the changes, so it's not a typical "happily ever after" kind of book. It's exciting and fast-paced, so it's hard to put down. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Vicki
I was a little leery in the beginning of this book with the main character being a hit man. How can that be redeemable, but I was wrong. He did have a heart of gold. Very different, definitely worth the read.
Faelynn
Faelynn marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Ammermae
Ammermae marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Summer
Summer marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jonathon
Jonathon marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Norma Edlemon
Norma Edlemon marked it as to-read
Lyn Midden
Lyn Midden marked it as to-read
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Cathryne Hamsher
Cathryne Hamsher marked it as to-read
  • Love Me Always
  • Paint Me True
  • With a Kiss
  • Against the Odds
  • The Duke's Undoing
  • Pride and Precipitation (Chick Flick Clique Romantic Comedy Novella #1)
  • How to Kill a Vampire: Fangs in Folklore, Film and Fiction
  • A Most Devilish Rogue
  • Mansfield Ranch (The Jane Austen Diaries, #5)
  • Till Death Do Us Part (A Secret Sister Mystery #5)
  • Finding Sheba
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • You Belong with Me (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #1)
  • Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Free Throws
  • Awakening Avery
  • The Stone Traveler
  • The Taste of Fear
  • Heart of the Ocean
Carol of the Tales and Other Nightly Noels: An Advent Anthology (Advent Anthologies, Volume 2) Sing We Now of Christmas: An Advent Anthology