Start by marking “The Queen of Minor Disasters” as Want to Read:
The Queen of Minor Disasters

The Queen of Minor Disasters

Stella DiLucio is the master of fixing other peoples’ problems. After all, the sassy twenty-seven- year old manages her brother Lorenzo’s restaurant on the Jersey Shore. With the help of a little “Food Therapy” Stella can evade meddling mothers , face frenemies, confuse gossiping locals, and smooth out family conflicts, all while keeping a smile on her face. She’s that goo ...more
Published October 24th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Queen of Minor Disasters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen of Minor Disasters

Susan Kelley
Apr 03, 2014 Susan Kelley rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
I really struggled getting into this book. It honestly wasn't all that interesting. The main character, Stella, was actually pretty annoying with all of her ludicrous daydreams. I wasn't entirely pleased with the writing either. There were odd moments thrown in that I assumed were foreshadowing, but it turns out meant nothing. They were of no value to the story. In my mind, everything should mean something. Finally, the ending was not one. I didn't feel like Stella's life was resolved at all. No ...more
Kathryn O'Halloran
Feb 01, 2013 Kathryn O'Halloran rated it really liked it
The Queen of Minor Disasters is a warm, sweet romance with an interesting setting. It does have a bit much "OMG I'm nearly 30 and I need to get married" but even that pans out nicely.

There isn't a lot of drama in this book but the characters and their issues do seem realistic.

One thing - if you do not like descriptions of food, do not read this book. The food descriptions are really detailed and you might need to take snack breaks while reading. The book does contain recipes :)
Noelle
Aug 06, 2016 Noelle rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, dropped

I'm sorry but I can't continue reading this anymore. Stella DiLucio's "I can always use Roberto for a back up plan if my douche bag of a ex-boyfriend doesn't change his mind" thing is getting on my nerves. Roberto is a nice guy and in my opinion she doesn't deserve him if she wants to be like that.

The whole story (or at least from where I left off) is about her "trying" to get with her obviously cheating (This isn't a spoiler seeing how it's pretty easy to see from the beginning. If I'm wrong
Marzena
Jan 08, 2016 Marzena rated it it was ok
There is chick-lit and there is...this.

I should've been a perfect target for this book. Instead, I'm a bit annoyed and a bit irritated how botched and, well, stupid it was. I couldn't really empathize with the MC because she was a goalless, spineless, whiny bitch. Fine, I get the whole "I don't know what do in life/what future holds in for me" phase but I'm somewhat disgusted for dreaming about being married and unemployed housewife in the first place. This books practically screams: watch out,
Maki
Dec 18, 2014 Maki rated it liked it
I really shouldn't have read this book on an empty stomach. I can't begin to cook any of the recipes thrown in at the end of each chapter, but they made me soooo hungry.

The Queen of Minor Disasters was a light, fun read. I was expecting it to be more focused on romance. It wasn't. I mean, romance is a big part of the book, but it's not the sole focus. I enjoyed that. Instead of spending every moment she had throwing herself at men to fix what's wrong in her life, Stella works on improving hersel
Theresa
Aug 28, 2013 Theresa rated it really liked it
I read the first chapter of this book and thought it was cute, funny, and had high hopes for the rest of the book. I’m so happy I wasn’t let down! There are so many books that fall under sweet romance and something cute while also trying to be more adult so they throw in a steamy scene that has no point.
This was perfect for what I wanted to read. A quick, cute beach read. It didn’t take long to finish but more importantly, it’s a book that you want to finish. I know I did. In fact, I can’t wait
Andrea
Mmmmm, delicious, empty-calorie chick lit. Sometimes you just need a little fluff in you reading diet. Really enjoyed Stella, her crazy family and the dramas of running a restaurant. I worked in a family-owned restaurant as a teenager and it brought back a lot of memories. I really connected with Stella’s struggles to figure out what to do when faced with nearly endless options. Choice can be paralyzing sometimes. I also really liked the recipes throughout the book. Not sure I will cook any of t ...more
Julie
Feb 15, 2016 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: baking
I really loved this novel and couldn't put it down until I was 3/4 of the way through it, and the main character continued to be absolutely obsessed with getting married. I mean obsessed. She seemed to be under the impression that she is only a partial person until she's married, and that getting married would change her life completely and fix all of her issues. I had hoped that the main character would grow out of her obsession and realize that she cannot be happily married until she is happy ...more
Karen
Mar 06, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book to read on vacation...it was filled with quirky characters, a big Italian family with a restaurant and its challenges, recipes for some "food therapy" as Stella calls it, and Stella's journey through " minor disasters" one summer.

This was hard to put down! The author did a great job getting the reader engaged with the characters, describing the scenarios so you felt like you were right there - been there, done that! - and even adding recipes to try for your own 'food therap
LLona Cunningham
Jun 15, 2013 LLona Cunningham rated it really liked it
This book has almost everything -- a likable cast of characters, a location that was fun to visit, a voice and pace that kept me looking forward to my next 'quiet time' so I could get back to reading. In short, it was a really enjoyable escape and a relaxing visit with a family I'd love to know in real life. If I could name anything that kept me from giving it 5 stars, it would be the steady pace that moved TOO consistently, and the anti-climatic ending. But I still liked it.
Nancy
Mar 06, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it
This was probably more like 3 1/2 stars. I read the book in two days. It is a fun and light romance that left me feeling good. It's set on the Jersey shore in a large Italian family that owns two restaurants - lots of food references & recipes. I didn't want it to be over - I want to know what happens next. After reading Gone Girl, it was a welcome change.
Kim Melton
May 13, 2015 Kim Melton rated it it was amazing
Great book

The book keeps moving and characters are interesting. Life on the shores interesting for Stella and those at the family restaurant with many changes and weddings planned. Quick romance and wedding too and Stella realizes the man of her dreams was always near.
Corrie1962@yahoo.com
JazzRizz
Feb 17, 2013 JazzRizz rated it liked it
Downloaded the freebie from Amazon last night. It sounded a bit like Joanne Fluke with an Italian twist, so I started reading it right away and ended up reading the entire book.

I really enjoyed the story. There were times Stella drove me crazy, but overall the story was realistic and engaging.
Chris
Apr 03, 2013 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
There is nothing new under the sun in this cute romance. But I still really liked it. Stella is a very relatable Everygirl. I enjoyed her circle of family and friends and the situations she found herself in. Plus the chapter ending recipes sounded delicious.
Kim
Jun 01, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
Cute and a fast read, but I needed a more dramatic ending with Drew. I wanted to know what the texts said and I wanted to hear about his relationship with Trisha. I felt like I was left hanging. Can't wait to try out some if the recipes.
Gypsy In Pearls
Apr 28, 2013 Gypsy In Pearls rated it it was amazing
This was a great feel good chick lit story! Perfect for those girls in their late 20s confused about what to do with their lives and still looking for love. This one had lots of comedy and recipes (which I love). Two thumbs up!
Emma
Mar 23, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Emma by: Amazon
While i was reading this book i found some bits slightly boring however once i got to the middle i found that i was starting to like the characters and the plot through to the end, I am glad that she found what she wanted.
April
Jul 18, 2013 April rated it liked it
I would give this three and a half stars if I could. It reminds me of other books and characters. A bit of Bridget Jones, a hint of the Shopaholic stories. Stella made me roll my eyes more than once but I really liked her anyway. All told, a fun, light hearted read.
Barb
May 19, 2013 Barb rated it liked it
This was a sweet story that hooked me quickly and kept me reading. I liked the main character and the NJ shore setting. The recipes looked good too! It was Food Therapy and Book Therapy all rolled into one.
Carrie
Feb 08, 2013 Carrie rated it it was ok
I didn't love this book. How many times do you have to drop the name of a designer? I also think poor language funds down any book. Wouldn't recommend it.
Cathy Maringer
Apr 21, 2013 Cathy Maringer rated it liked it
Food therapy, what a great idea and with recipes following each chapter. Stella was cute but drove me crazy with her perceived attitude toward the men in her life.
Stacy
May 16, 2013 Stacy rated it really liked it
Cute story. Loved all the food and recipes throughout. Wonder if there will be a sequel based on how it ends.
Ellen (more books, please)
Cute book. Loved the voice of the author. More a 3.5 rating.

Editing/spelling/word choice issues.
Michelle
Nov 28, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
This book was about average; maybe worth 2.5 stars. The story was a nice enough escape for a few hours.
Mary Aggas
Jun 15, 2013 Mary Aggas rated it really liked it
cute quick read. authentic Italian family. adorable character in Stella. LOVED the recipes at the end of each chapter! Congrats to the author on her first book.
Hope McCormick
Aug 26, 2013 Hope McCormick rated it really liked it
Fun, although the opening scenes were a bit cliche. I almost put it down. But I began to really like the character. I hope to try the recipes too. Really liked the voice in this book.
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Sue Pittsenbarger
Sue Pittsenbarger rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2014
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • The French for Christmas
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Love on the Line (The Line, #1)
  • This Tangled Thing Called Love
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • Come Fly With Me
  • Discovering Nowhere
  • Christmas at Thornton Hall
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Bella's Christmas Bake Off
  • The Memory of Lemon
Antonietta Mariottini has a M.A. in Creative Writing from Rutgers University and has taught writing at the high school and college levels. She is now a proud stay-at-home mom who writes while her baby is sleeping.

Antonietta is a Jersey Girl, Chick-lit Enthusiast, Foodie,Reckless Daydreamer, and lover of fashion, pop culture and pretty things.
More about Antonietta Mariottini...