Start by marking “365 TV-Free Activities You Can Do with Your Child” as Want to Read:
365 TV-Free Activities You Can Do with Your Child

365 TV-Free Activities You Can Do with Your Child

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Presents activites, craft projects, and games parents can share with their children.
Published January 1st 1997 by Adams Media Corporation (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about 365 TV-Free Activities You Can Do with Your Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 TV-Free Activities You Can Do with Your Child

Caranna
"Do you have an egg carton candy? An old magazine? What about some toilet paper rolls or a cardboard box?"

We've all had those days when our kids lay around complaining, "I'm bored..." "There's nothing to do..." Or we reach the point where we are ready to do something other than watch TV and play video games.

This book is set up in such a fun way. At the beginning of the book there are thumbnail illustrations with a title and page number for each activity. This makes it easy for the kids to go th
Molly
Dec 15, 2011 Molly added it
Shelves: parenthood
Some favorites:

- Divide a celery stalk's bottom in half and place one foot in a jar with red food coloring and the other in a jar with blue and the next morning, see the pattern traveled. (Along with putting carrot tops in water, potato roots and prints and other garden adventures.)
- Flashlight activities: placing primary color balloons on the tops of flashlights and "mixing" on the ceiling; cutting out star systems in paper bags and shining a flashlight through juice containers.

Also: Family his
Karebear
Great! Some fun activities for various times of the year and great for Family Home Evening, too!
Suzanna
I saw this at my library and picked it up hoping for a few new ideas to pull my kids away from the TV. There are lots of great ideas, not all crafty. Some are simple word games or guessing games. I wouldn't say every single idea in the book is amazing or life changing but I marked a bunch of activities and have started working through a few of them with my kids. There were lots of things I never even thought of before. It's a great book for anyone looking for some new ideas (though Pinterest wor ...more
Randi
This is the book you keep on hand to grab when you have no idea what to do with your bored child. These activities are really fun and have different levels of parental involvement, so you can choose an activity that works with a free afternoon or keeping a child occupied while you make dinner. The ideas encourage creativity in children and use spare household objects.
Ashley
great for the 4-12 age range in my opinion. Most were a little too old for my kids just yet. All of them were a lot of fun and most were things that cost nothing or were done with things you probably already have. I will have to remember it in a few years.
Coreyann
I still have this book from when my older kids were children back in the early 90's and now I've cracked it out again for activities to do with my littlest one who just turned 3 years old. This is definitely a keeper forever with kids around!!!
Julie Suzanne
From toddler activities to stuff for older kids, mostly free. Definitely NOT a craft book--there are many word games, paper games, and silly stuff to do as well. Great for a rainy day if your kid isn't busy with lessons of one sort or another.
Roberto Gonçalves
Nem sempre é fácil ter a TV como concorrente do tempo das crianças, este livro ajuda-nos a sermos mais criativos e envolver as crianças em atividades lúdicas, educativas, que estreitam os laços entre pais e filhos
Kelly Aley
This book saved my tail many times when I babysat. Now I use it with my own kids. GREAT things to do without television.
Alicia Krauchuk Fenton
Great ideas...I wish I would have thought to put it in a book like this one.
Delia Huitema
Loved it and used it all the time when my kids were smaller
صفا سعيد
صفا سعيد marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
GLR
GLR marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Anil Bajpai
Anil Bajpai marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Lanora
Lanora marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
أسماء ربيع
أسماء ربيع marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Meg Frey
Meg Frey marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Salima
Salima marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Noelle
Noelle is currently reading it
Nov 14, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rahul Gandhi
Rahul Gandhi marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Riza
Riza marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey added it
Sep 27, 2014
Semsem Atia
Semsem Atia marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
101 Offline Activities You Can Do With Your Child The Lure of Gems Kick the TV Habit: A Simple Program for Changing Your Family's Television Viewing and (more) Kids' Answers to Life's Big Questions By Land, by Air, by Sea: The Ultimate Family Travel Activity Book