Start by marking “Just a Casual Thing” as Want to Read:
Just a Casual Thing

Just a Casual Thing

It’s just casual sex with no strings attached...or is it?

Nate and Ronan have hooked up for mind-blowing sex every Monday for the past two years, but when Nate meets Shane in a bar, he thinks he’s found ‘the one’. Shane owns a chocolate shop and loves to bring his work into his personal life, and after a night of chocolate-coated sex Nate will never forget, he decides to br
Published November 26th 2012 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Just a Casual Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Casual Thing

Seriously they are dickheads all of them, gritting my teeth it was an agonising read. Like another reviewer mentions there is not one likable character in sight.
Nov 01, 2012 Simsala rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
Nov 01, 2012 Natalie rated it did not like it
Shelves: drama-queens
Nate does not deserve Ronan. There's a way to tell this kind of story without making the reader hate almost every character, but this is not it. This was wall to wall drama, and not the fun kind that Blackwell usually excels at.
MariDAcanto rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2012
3 stars

I've pretty well liked everything I have read by Scarlet Blackwell and this book wasn't much different. It had a lot of things I like in books such as possessiveness and jealousy and it was a fairly short read.

So Guy A and Guy B have a "fuck buddy" relationship for two years BUT Guy A swears up and down that's all it is but Guy B thinks it's more. Guy A meets Guy C but Guy C is already going out on dates with Guy D who happens to be friends with Guy A (I'm cracking up with my names by th
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Finding the one person who gets you feels so good. Nate and Roman are friends with benefits for the past few years. Ronan is Nate's Monday night sex date that has lasted through every other man Nate's dated. With someone like this as a steady loving companion, what more could Nate want? Apparently Ronan is nothing but a hole to plug for Nate. Nate is always looking for that "one" to complete him. He thinks he finds it in another man, Shane.

This story is a messed up and painful one to read. The
Dec 05, 2012 Jeydaa rated it liked it
I would have liked it more if Nate gets more punishment by Ronan.
Kym rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Reader rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
TeeTee rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Sally rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2013
Skye Blue
Mar 08, 2013 Skye Blue rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book...but usually as the book goes on, you like the MC more and more. The further into the book I got, the less I liked the MC, and by the end, I didn't even want him to have a HEA.
Whitney rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2013
Aron rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Asmaa rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2014
Jan 25, 2014 Didi rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, m-m
Jerk overload alert! as expected from Ms. Blackwell's characters. But here, woooh... too many too count! At least the ending was as expected.
Julia rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Nik rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Anne rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Orchid rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Sep 23, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: angst
Oh Scarlet, your characters are so bad, so flawed, and do such stupid, irresponsible things! I probably shouldn't have like this, but I did. Oh, well!
K.S. Morgan
May 19, 2015 K.S. Morgan rated it it was ok
The book was actually pretty good - very emotional and intense, but I don't remember the last time I hated one of the main characters so much. I didn't believe in Nathan's feeligns for Ronan at all. He was just using him and meanwhile he didn't even respect him! Some of his thoughts horrified me.

Ronan is like a constant back-up plan for Nathan, and it doesn't change even in the end.
Sylvia rated it really liked it
May 26, 2015
Jasha Gutierrez
Nov 01, 2015 Jasha Gutierrez rated it did not like it
Nate, go fuck yourself you rotten piece of shit
SukiShima rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Dec 30, 2015 Viv rated it really liked it
I had to take away a star due to all the...violence. But at one point, I was breathing all funny. And then, I realized I was crying. It really snuck up on me, this character agony. Brutal read at some points. Pretty great ending, though.
Marie G
Jun 14, 2016 Marie G rated it really liked it
I hated Nate. He was an arrogant, violent man who didn't deserve to be with anybody. But I kind of liked Ronan.
agirlwithoutwingz rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Scarlet writes erotic romance.

Scarlet would rather stick pins in her eyes than go on Facebook but now sees the necessary evil of it. Please join her there for useless writing-related ramblings and hot men musings and ease her in gently. Bah.
More about Scarlet Blackwell...