Start by marking “Just a Casual Thing” as Want to Read:
Just a Casual Thing

Just a Casual Thing

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  12 reviews
It’s just casual sex with no strings attached...or is it?

Nate and Ronan have hooked up for mind-blowing sex every Monday for the past two years, but when Nate meets Shane in a bar, he thinks he’s found ‘the one’. Shane owns a chocolate shop and loves to bring his work into his personal life, and after a night of chocolate-coated sex Nate will never forget, he decides to br
Published November 26th 2012 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Just a Casual Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just a Casual Thing

Simsala
Natalie
Nate does not deserve Ronan. There's a way to tell this kind of story without making the reader hate almost every character, but this is not it. This was wall to wall drama, and not the fun kind that Blackwell usually excels at.
jules0623
Amanda
3 stars

I've pretty well liked everything I have read by Scarlet Blackwell and this book wasn't much different. It had a lot of things I like in books such as possessiveness and jealousy and it was a fairly short read.

So Guy A and Guy B have a "fuck buddy" relationship for two years BUT Guy A swears up and down that's all it is but Guy B thinks it's more. Guy A meets Guy C but Guy C is already going out on dates with Guy D who happens to be friends with Guy A (I'm cracking up with my names by th
Vio
Seriously they are dickheads all of them, gritting my teeth it was an agonising read. Like another reviewer mentions there is not one likable character in sight.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

Finding the one person who gets you feels so good. Nate and Roman are friends with benefits for the past few years. Ronan is Nate's Monday night sex date that has lasted through every other man Nate's dated. With someone like this as a steady loving companion, what more could Nate want? Apparently Ronan is nothing but a hole to plug for Nate. Nate is always looking for that "one" to complete him. He thinks he finds it in another man, Shane.

This story is a messed up and painful one to read. The
Skye Blue
I did enjoy this book...but usually as the book goes on, you like the MC more and more. The further into the book I got, the less I liked the MC, and by the end, I didn't even want him to have a HEA.
Didi
Jerk overload alert! as expected from Ms. Blackwell's characters. But here, woooh... too many too count! At least the ending was as expected.
Jeydaa
I would have liked it more if Nate gets more punishment by Ronan.
K.S. Morgan
The book was actually pretty good - very emotional and intense, but I don't remember the last time I hated one of the main characters so much. I didn't believe in Nathan's feeligns for Ronan at all. He was just using him and meanwhile he didn't even respect him! Some of his thoughts horrified me.

Ronan is like a constant back-up plan for Nathan, and it doesn't change even in the end.
Pat
Sep 23, 2014 Pat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: angst
Oh Scarlet, your characters are so bad, so flawed, and do such stupid, irresponsible things! I probably shouldn't have like this, but I did. Oh, well!
Lucia
Sep 19, 2013 Lucia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, abuse
Nate was such an A-HOLE but I am really liking this author. This book didn't disappoint.
Sammyd
Sammyd marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Nov 08, 2014
Wichard Fella
Wichard Fella marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Akira
Akira marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Scarlet writes erotic romance.

Scarlet would rather stick pins in her eyes than go on Facebook but now sees the necessary evil of it. Please join her there for useless writing-related ramblings and hot men musings and ease her in gently. Bah.
More about Scarlet Blackwell...
Rescue Me Inferno And So Is Love Just Desserts (Table for Two, #1) Blind Blondie