Her Man in Manhattan

Her Man in Manhattan

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Up close and personal—with her bodyguard!

It seems mayor's daughter Miranda Kravitz has scored herself a new and very dreamy bodyguard! Apparently the fireworks between them are scorching, but will this tabloid darling really be willing to give up her newfound taste for freedom—no matter how gorgeous Tyler Brannigan is?

Rumor has it Brannigan hates...more
Published March 19th 2013 by Harlequin KISS (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Her Man in Manhattan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Man in Manhattan

Saly
Rating 4.5 stars
I have been loving the Brannigan series and this is again an excellent entry in this series besides being part of the KISS line-up. The hero Tyler is a detective but he has been unraveling and has been put on baby-sitting duty for the Mayor's daughter Miranda. He doesn't want the job is obvious but he can't seem to stop feeling attracted to the heroine.

Their first meet is awesome, the heroine is in disguise in a club, when there is a raid there and he lets her get away by sharing...more
Desere
A sexy bodyguard to follow you around and keep you out of trouble, fight with you when you feel like venting your anger even though you don't know it, and drive you crazy with his kisses what more could a woman ask for!

This was a sexy, upbeat, crazy, fun filled, passionate romance from one of today's best selling authors. The story is about Miranda who is daughter to the major, so already you can tell she needs to be kept from trouble, but the funny thing is trouble kind of follows her around.

St...more
Susan
Very good book. I liked both Miranda and Tyler. Miranda is tired of having to live up to the public expectations of being the mayor's daughter, and even more tired of her parents' expectations. She has been spending an increasing amount of time ditching her security detail so that she can feel normal. When she is saved from a potential bad situation by a mysterious and very hot guy she spends some serious time fantasizing about him. Then she finds out that he's the new head of her security detai...more
Victoria
So this review is long over due.. and i offer my apologies to anyone that has been waiting for it!!!.
This book is from the Harlequin kiss line, by Trish Wylie - Her man in Manhattan.

I think, the best place to start with this review would be to mention how deceiving this book is. i think it's because of the size when you first hold it in your hands. It doesn't seem that big, but i assure you once you start reading the story becomes satisfyingly long. It is written so well that you get through pag...more
Robyn Rychards
Another great Brannigan story from the entertaining Trish Wylie. This time we meet Tyler, the reluctant bodyguard, paying his dues watching over the Mayor's rambunctious daughter, Miranda Kravitz. A fun, flirty story, the perfect escape from reality for a few hours. We all love the bad boy, but the bad girl is just as fun! She gives Tyler a run for his money and it's a pleasure watching her do it. Don't worry ladies, he's not a wimp and gives as good as he gets. A must read for any Harlequin fan...more
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

3.5 Stars

I’m enjoyed the expanding Kiss line from Harlequin, they are basically romance with some really great foreplay thrown in that makes them interesting. Her Man In Manhattan by Trish Wylie is the story of Miranda, the mayor’s daughter and her bodyguard, NYPD detective, Tyler. While I have some issues with this book; I love the premise of this book, the characters were interesting, and the sexual tension was so hot that I’m pretty sure N...more
Amanda
Trish writes and she scores! Miranda and Tyler's romance is a page turner for me on every aspect. Sexy, fun and most definately flirty. The couple not so young as for me to have changed their nappies, but old enough for me to enjoy reading about.

A more upbeat romance than some, the storyline keeps the reader very much entertained, even laughing aloud at certain parts. Cannot wait to read more stories from the Brannigan brothers!
Lily the Library Chick
*3.5*

Læs denne Harlequin hvis du godt kan lide hovedpersoner der modkæmper hinanden til at starte med og som gør det med en sans for humor. God seksuel kemi...

As a teen and into my 20's I LOVED Harlequin romance novels. Now that I edit and proof them on a monthly basis (used to be almost daily), the love isn't quite there anymore.
There's a huge difference between reading something out of choice and because you have to.
So it is a great relief, when something I HAVE TO read is actually good. Lik...more
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
4 e 1/2
"A un certo punto lei gli era entrata dentro e lì era rimasta, riempiendogli l’anima finché tutto il resto non era svanito. Lei era come l’aria e senza di lei... Non riusciva a respirare."

Uno dei più carini che ho letto di questa collana, se fosse stato un po' più lungo forse avrebbe anche preso il massimo! *-* Coinvolgente e intrigante, con due protagonisti volitivi e tormentati ma perfettamente adatti l'uno per l'altra, la storia scorre via in un lampo! <3

"Se la libertà che aveva ta...more
Andrea Guy
This is one of those books I'm on the fence with. It was cute at times, but at other times so unrealistic that I was shaking my head.

Miranda is the NYC mayor's 25 year old daughter, who has a security detail that is...well...very in your face. I can understand some of this, particularly a mayor not wanting his daughter out partying in clubs and getting her face all over the tabloids.

But what I can't understand is why the girl didn't have any life of her own outside of campaign functions. At 24/2...more
Gabriella
I'd like to thank Netgalley and Harlequin for the opportunity to read this story.
'What are you looking for?'
'Mmm?' she hummed absent-mindedly.
'You're obviously looking for something.' If it was a place to jump in the river and swim to freedome she could forget it.
'Baby seals.'
'What?'
'Baby seals.' she repeated. 'Fluffy bundles of joy that mummy and daddy seal made together as a token of their love for one another.' When she shot a sparkle-eyed glance at him from beneath the peak of her baseball
Jane
I am completely and utterly baffled by the Kiss line. Her Man in Manhattan has a lot of talk about sex but there are zero sex scenes in the book. But that's not even why the book was just "okay" for me.

My problem had to do with a) the hero treating the heroine like a piece of shit from the moment he met her; b) that the hero had real serious feelings for someone that didn't seem to have dissipated in the book (we meet up with "the one that got away" about 50% into the book; and c) the confusing...more
Roz ~ My Written Romance
This review and others can be found at my blog, My Written Romance. Just click here.

Not finishing a book I've started reading is like leaving one biscuit at the bottom of the tin. It's just not something I usually do.

However, it has just happened to me with Her Man in Manhattan. Having read some of Trish Wylie's previous work, and enjoyed them, I had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately, it just didn't deliver on any level for me.

The hero, Tyler, was a piece of work. He was grumpy and not very...more
Ginny Lurcock
I feel like I read things in clusters. One of those clusters as of late was bodyguards and their charges. Now, while I question the morality of the situation in real life, I���ve got to say it allows for many interesting situations for our two budding paramours.

In ���Her Man In Manhattan��� we get two characters who��� Well actually, they sort of hate each other at first. I mean, they like each other��� you know��� in that way. But as people who have to work with each other. Not so much. Probabl...more
Lindsay Pittman
Let me start by saying that I'm something of a Harlequin junkie. One of my guilty pleasures is picking up a book every time I go grocery shopping. Of course, I have my certain lines and certain authors I lean towards.

Before this book, Trish Wylie was in neither category. I was excited about the prospect of a new line and eager to try it, so I made this book my guilty pleasure of the week.

The back blurb drew me in and I've been hooked ever since. I read it in a night, unable to put it down. The...more
April
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e...more
Jude
I came to this series late, in fact I didn't even realise it was a series until after I'd finished this book. This is the third book about the Brannigan family. The first is Olivia Brannigan's story in The Inconvenient Laws of Attraction (duh! I'd even got this one on my TBR pile and still didn't click that it was connected). The second book is Daniel Brannigan's story in New York's Finest Rebel. Having met and fallen in love with Tyler in this story I will definitely be checking out the rest of...more
Sandy
Decent read, but I did have a few problems with the book. It takes place in NYC but there's all the British English spellings and a few words (windscreen for instance). I know that's being nitpicky, but it kinda got on my nerves. And I'm pretty sure there was a quote from the movie "The Wedding Date" at the very end - "...I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else." He said that and I immediately pictured Dermot Mulroney.
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Sometimes, I read a book that has most of the themes I love in a romance novel. Her Man in Manhattan by Trish Wylie is one of those titles. Sandpapery H&h (sparks & irritation) – check. Brooding mostly-Alpha male – check. Heroine that stands up for herself, yet is still vulnerable – check. Yeah, lots …Read More
Lia
Some witty dialogue, but that's about it all this story has going for it.

Wylie and/or her editor appear to be allergic to comma's, which made some sentences quite difficult to decipher.

Never really bought into the romance.

Jess
I wouldn't recommend this as a New York romance (though I don't think it's BAD in that regard, there's just not a ton of it), but if you like political and/or bodyguard romances, it might be worth checking out.
June
Enjoyed this story about the bodyguard and the princess, two good people with things to figure out in their lives. I enjoyed the characters in this story and wouldn't mind reading more by this author.
Anna
3.5 stelline.
storia davvero carina e scorrevole! adoro queste storie romantiche senza troppe pretese! ;)
Chantale
This book was ok but really not something I would ever read again.
Honestly I am dissapointed in this new Kiss line thing. I was hoping it would be better but really hasn't been all that great.
CL (www.loveisastateofmind.net)
This was one of those contemporary romance novels that was okay but nothing special.

I liked the characters fairly well but I didn't fall in love with them or their story.
Sam
Heroine was a super brat, but I liked that about her. Hero was sexy and dark. Loved when they addressed the first scene later in the book :) Good story - terrible title.
Karen Kirst
Awesome read from start to finish. I can find no fault with Trish Wylie!
Kathryn
Strong start, but story fizzled for me.
Joss Wood
Fun, fun, fun! Loved this book!
Ewa
3,5 stars
Writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Irish author Trish Wylie is a three times Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award winner and has finalled in the Holt, Booksellers Best, Golden Quill and EPPIE Awards. Though madly in love with New York she still resides in Ireland with numerous four-legged friends who ignore her when she bemoans the lack of a local Starbucks.
More about Trish Wylie...
New York's Finest Rebel At the Billionaire's Bidding Claimed By The Rogue Billionaire One Night with the Rebel Billionaire His Mistress, His Terms