Start by marking “Playing for Keeps” as Want to Read:
Playing for Keeps

Playing for Keeps (The Alpha Brotherhood #3)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  131 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It's been eighteen years…and he still wants her

In high school, Malcolm Douglas was a bad boy who stole the heart of small-town girl Celia Patel—as well as her virginity. But life pulled them apart…and just as well, for he'd already broken her heart.

Now Malcolm is a world-famous billionaire dedicated to atoning for his sins. When h
Published April 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Playing for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing for Keeps

Susan
Mar 26, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book. I liked both Celia and Malcolm. When they were teenagers Celia was the daughter of a local judge and Malcolm was the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. But they were in love and that was all that mattered to them. When Celia got pregnant Malcolm started working any job he could find to earn enough money so they could get married. He ended up getting caught in a drug raid and even though he was innocent he was sent to a reform school. He and Celia ended up giving up the baby f ...more
Saly
Really good book. The hero is an award winning musician plus works for Interpol. 18 years back, he was a teenager in love with the heroine, they were 16 and crazy and reckless and she got pregnant. The heroine who had been spoiled her entire life, decided to do the right thing, give her baby away but he wanted to keep her, so started working but got caught wrongly and sent to a reform school where he met the members of the Alpha Brotherhood. Life took them on different paths, the heroine had to ...more
Ann Keller
Sep 25, 2014 Ann Keller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good story about what it would be like to be the girlfriend of a rock star. The trouble is, someone is stalking Celia Patel and only Malcolm seems to be able to save her.

When I learned who was responsible for stalking Celia, I wanted to charge into the book and belt him, too! No woman should be frightened like that.
Clare O'Beara
Mar 15, 2015 Clare O'Beara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: america-romance
Chart-topper and Grammy winner Malcolm Douglas shows up in his Mississippi hometown to the adoring shrieks of high-school girls. But Celia Patel has a different opinion. She was his school sweetheart eighteen years ago and he left her behind with the law at his heels. Now she's stuck here as a music teacher and their child has been adopted.

Malcolm has an urgent mission - he's heard that threats have been laid against Celia's father, a judge who who is trying a major drugs case. Celia herself is
Tawnya
Feb 28, 2014 Tawnya rated it it was amazing
I've really enjoyed reading The Alpha Brotherhood Series by Catherine Mann. And Playing For Keeps was an extraordinary story of high school sweethearts finding their way back to each other, even if an outside source is involved. Malcolm and Celia are both warm giving character's that I almost felt a friendship with, well definitely with Celia at least.
Yazmin
Apr 14, 2013 Yazmin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Playing for Keeps by Catherine Mann is a sexy, hot and sweet romance of two high school sweethearts reuniting after 18 years apart.

Celia Patel’s life is simple, and all she wants is to be in peace with her music and her students but unfortunately, with her father being a judge working on a high-profile case, she is receiving life-threats that nobody believes but her.

Malcom Douglas has become a world-famous musician and a billionaire. He promised himself that he would have more money tha
Joanne
Feb 15, 2015 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the better ones out of the series. I didnt find the series that thrilling to read. Boring at times. Mundane. Not a capture you all kind of series.
Ada
Aug 09, 2014 Ada rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Que libro más bonito, esta serie me encanta pero este libro, jo.. lo que me hizo llorar. Ya quiero el siguiente
Alisha
Dec 10, 2014 Alisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75
Melissa Maxwell
Mar 30, 2013 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked Malcolm and Celia's story. They were high school loves but mistakes drove them apart. Malcolm to military school and Celia to Switzerland to give birth. So eighteen years later the are reunited when she is in trouble. I loved the development and the ending though I wanted more but I will with the next books.
KarenF
I liked this one although Malcolm was a little too pushy for my tastes at the beginning. Once he chilled out and explained himself a bit I liked him a lot more. I liked Celia as well and the glimpses we got of previous couples makes me want to go back and read their stories as well.
Whtyac
May 07, 2013 Whtyac rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The story line was an excellent idea but the writing was sub par. There was a lack of connection between the characters and the reader--imo as well as the story line.
Sdeets
Jul 23, 2013 Sdeets rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story about two people who lost each other as teens, then later in life discovered that they were still connected. It was very fast read.
Carol Brunquell
Entertaining... Not Mann's best, but a good weekend read that had much more potential.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Alpha Brotherhood
Category: Passion
April
Jul 04, 2015 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
3.5
Haley Anderson
Haley Anderson rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Deon'Na Chowning
Deon'Na Chowning marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Leslie R.
Leslie R. marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Mica Mikka
Mica Mikka rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Bekah
Bekah added it
Jan 15, 2016
Lucy
Lucy is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2016
Amber Dancy
Amber Dancy marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Agnes
Agnes marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Kathy Greene
Kathy Greene rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
  • Her Return to King's Bed (Kings of California, #13)
  • One Night with the Sheikh
  • A Conflict of Interest (Daughters of Power: The Capital #1)
  • She's Having the Boss's Baby
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood #3)
  • Taming the Lone Wolff (Men Of Wolff Mountain #6)
  • A Trap So Tender
  • A Very Exclusive Engagement (Daughters of Power: The Capital #5)
  • Becoming Dante (The Dante Legacy #9)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • A Baby Between Friends
  • Secrets, Lies & Lullabies
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • His Instant Heir (Baby Business #1)
  • The Sheikh's Redemption (Desert Nights #1)
USA Today bestselling author Catherine Mann writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, and Sourcebooks, with her work reprinted in more than twenty countries. A RITA Award winner, she lives on the Florida coast where she and her military flyboy husband have brought up four children. An active volunteer with her local Humane Society, Catherine enjoys writing while foster puppies nap on her ...more
More about Catherine Mann...

The Alpha Brotherhood (5 books)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • All Or Nothing (The Alpha Brotherhood, #2)
  • Yuletide Baby Surprise (Alpha Brotherhood #4)
  • For the Sake of Their Son (The Alpha Brotherhood, #5)