Start by marking “Hidden in Plain View” as Want to Read:
Hidden in Plain View

Hidden in Plain View

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Colliding Worlds

After a tragedy rips through her Amish community, Sarah Lapp doesn't remember anything. She can't recall her Plain upbringing, her deceased husband or the shooting that landed her under the protection of handsome undercover cop Samuel King. She is, however, aware of the confusing feelings he creates in her from the moment he walks into her life. Sam is dete
Published April 2nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden in Plain View, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden in Plain View

Hsiau Wei
Jun 26, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
This book tells the story of Sarah came under Samuel’s protection when she was shot and her husband’s was killed. The police is convinced that the killer will come after her as he thought she have the diamonds that belong to him again and wanted to put her under a protection program. They sent Samuel to be the undercover to protect Sarah as he was born and raised as an Amish. It is easier for him to blend into the community as he already knows the rules and beliefs of the community. Due to the i ...more
Susan Leech
Nov 10, 2014 Susan Leech rated it it was amazing
Sarah Lapp woke up in a hospital and no memory how she got there. She hurts very much and realized she has an arm wrapped and her head was pounding. Upon becoming fully awake she saw a stranger in the hospital room. Now what is going on as she has no idea what is wrong.

Samuel King is a cop who is there to protect Sarah. She has no knowledge who she is. Later she is told she had a husband who was shot at the Amish school house and that is where she also was when a man came in and started shooting
Nina
Mar 21, 2013 Nina rated it it was amazing
Hidden in Plain View by Diane Burke
great read, fast paced, and I love the characters in this story, I have not read to many books about the Amish before, but this was really good. Great story idea!
Rhonda
Mar 13, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
4 stars

I was wondering how they would resolve this. It's a romance that looked impossible. Diane Burke came up with the perfect solution in my point of view.
It had lots of drama,suspense.Amish and English worlds that did come together to protect the innocent. It left me with a smile. It is a clean read. Does talk about prayers, and God's will. To me it was a good balance fitting the story. Though I do admit shedding a few tears in this story. Also some laughter.

Sarah was taking some lunch to the
Debbie
Jun 27, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
" Hidden In Plain View" by Diane Burke is a 5 star book. I read this book because it was the book that my online book club was reading for the next discussion. And I really enjoyed it. It has a twist that aren't in many Amish books. I sure didn't see it ending the way it did.

This story caught my interest as soon as I started reading it. At first I thought it was based on the 2006 Nickel Mines, Pennsylvania, Amish school because the first scene in the book is a shooting in the school. It turns ou
Jill Twigg
Jun 05, 2015 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this story of suspense with an Amish women injured and a killer after her. An ex-Amish undercover cop thrown in the mix and you've got a great story. After Sarah Lapp is sent home to recover her bullet wounds, Samuel follows her and is enveloped into the community to help keep her safe from the psychopath that is after her. A good edge of your seat story and emotional towards the end.
Apr 26, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Another great book by Diane Burke. The title was very fitting, because it's an Amish story. What I loved about this book was both main characters are struggling with their own identities: "Who am I?" and "To what world do I want to belong (Amish or Englisch?" Both characters approach this struggle from a different perspective; one doesn't remember her past, and the other has chosen leave his past behind and take another path. Then they find their paths colliding, and each must help the other com ...more
Jan Jackson
Mar 24, 2013 Jan Jackson rated it it was amazing

Love Conquers All...
A gunman stole Sarah Lapp's husband along with her memory. Now she lives for the life growing inside her. But the gunman is not finished with her, and the man tasked to protect her, threatens to steal the one thing she has left... her aching heart.
Detective Samuel King left his Amish life behind after the death of his parents, but he can't shake the guilt he still carries in his heart. Determined to protect Sarah and her unborn child, he fights his growing love for her, knowi
Kelley
Good book just really had a hard time finishing it.
Betty Spates
Jul 03, 2014 Betty Spates rated it it was amazing
I liked it. Liked the way she wrote it. Plenty of action for me.
Tamera Westhoff
Jun 03, 2013 Tamera Westhoff rated it it was amazing
This is a very basic storyline that gets used over and over, but I still enjoyed the extras behind it. I like learning more about Amish customs. I also like how they made everything work out, without resorting to making exceptions to the shun. I thought the whole amnesia and not remembering her husband was strange, especially when she was attracted to Samuel. Weird. I got over it though, and ended up enjoying the story and how many times she had to be saved! Wow! A lot of action!
Holly
Apr 16, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing
*ARC Review*
Wow, what can I say about this book besides that I absolutely loved it!! It is one of those books that I just could not put down and finished it within two sittings. This book is what I call an Amish murder mystery, that is fast paced, with lots of twists, and turns. This is my first Diane Burke book and I can assure you it won't be my last.
Jill
May 23, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
Love Inspired Suspense book. Sarah Lapp doesn't remember anything after a shooting at the Amish school Samuel King is the undercover cop who is sent to protect her. I did not figure out just how this book would end. I knew the girl had to get the boy, but just couldn't see how it would work out.
Dawn
May 08, 2013 Dawn rated it it was amazing
If you love Amish fiction and a mystery, this book is for you. Diane will have you wanting to finish the book and find out what happens with Sarah and Sam. One page turning book. Can't wait to read the next book by Diane.

Carolyn E
Apr 04, 2013 Carolyn E rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I recommend it to everyone, especially the fans of Amish fiction.
John Hanscom
Mar 13, 2013 John Hanscom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book, and an interesting approach to one of the issues within "Amish culture."
Harlequin Books
Jun 01, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-new
SM
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Tracey Senner
Tracey Senner rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Samantha Hutchins
Samantha Hutchins marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Connie Andres
Connie Andres marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2016
Peggy Pitts
Peggy Pitts marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
john m hartmann
john m hartmann marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
BrianShelly Engwall
BrianShelly Engwall marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Marta VanDerWerff
Marta VanDerWerff marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Doris Pearson
Doris Pearson marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016