Start by marking “Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)” as Want to Read:
Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)

Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)

Pregnant and alone

Published April 2nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Explosive Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Explosive Secrets

CP
Apr 21, 2016 CP rated it it was amazing
Another enjoyable story in the K-9 Unit series!
June
Apr 01, 2013 June rated it it was amazing
The biggest problem with continuity series is waiting for the next month for the new one to come out. Another great job by another great author. I enjoyed the story of Jackson and Nicki. As usual, the book kept me riveted and I enjoyed the whole story line. The characters are so down to earth and easy to associate with.
Barbara
Mar 26, 2013 Barbara rated it it was ok
It’s time for another “riveting inspirational romance” or romantic suspense novel which, as most readers know, 99% of the time features a cover with people running. Here, it’s one man running with his K-9 dog, and it’s presumably the assured hero, Jackson Worth, who trains a bomb-sniffing dog named Titan, a black Labrador retriever. This is also one of a series of books set in Sagebrush, Texas, where an organized crime ring has been operating for some time.

Nicolette (Nicki) Johnson is in troubl
Paula Legate
I have really enjoyed this book. Nicki’s new found faith was strong, but her life was in shambles. She is pregnant, she lost her job, and she has someone trying to end her life. The madman called and finished the conversation with the word “Boom.” She called the police to report the threat, and that’s when she met Jackson, and Titian. Jackson is a k-9 officer, and Titian is his dog. With every new threat that Nicki faced Jackson and Titian was there to help her through. I also really enjoy Harol ...more
Wendy Sparkes
Her cousin has always made life difficult & tried to get her in trouble.

Only now she's gone further & on her death bed she implicated her in the crime syndicate that's operating in Sagebrush.

How does Nicki convince the K-9 Unit of her innocence?

And how on earth does she prove to the other members of the syndicate that she doesn't know what they're looking for?

Particularly as they are using bombs to threaten her!

At least Titan, the bomb sniffing dog, is there to protect her - even if no o
Lisa Johnson
Apr 01, 2015 Lisa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Title: Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Series Book #4)
Author: Valerie Hanson
Website: http://www.valeriehansen.com/
Pages: 288
Year: 2013
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My Rating: 5 stars
The series Texas K-9 Unit begins with Tracking Justice, followed by Detection Mission and then Guard Duty. Explosive Secrets continues the mystery introduced in book one with romance, faith and facing danger. Each novel centralizes on one main character in the K-9 unit along with whatever situations the team of handl
Michelle Woods
Aug 15, 2013 Michelle Woods rated it it was amazing
This is one book out of a series about the Texas K-9 unit. The books are by different authors but involve some of the same characters. So this is a book that can be read as a stand alone or with the others in the series. However you do it, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the adventure.

Nicki Johnson is a woman in her thirties who has just gone through a shocking break up that has left her with no money and a pregnancy. Yet, she is determined to work hard and set things right. A break in and many following
Kim
Feb 18, 2017 Kim rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book series so far .
Cathy Beckett
Actually gave this 3.5 stars. It was a good change of pace. It got a little preachy in places but over all it was a good read. Nicki was introduced in the previous installment. Jackson and his K-9 partner was introduced in the first installment.
Nicki is a possible suspect in the crime spree that has been going on in the town of Sagebrush. Her cousin, Ariana, aka Serpent, implicated her on her deathbed. Now everyone in the crime family that has taken over the Lost Woods outside of town is gunning
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read
Pregnant and aloneImplicated by her criminal cousin, Nicki Johnson is now the target of a murderous gang. Dark-haired policeman Jackson Worth thinks she is hiding something, but his remarkable bomb-sniffing dog has no such reservations. He's there to protect her—no judgments, no questions.

And Jackson is a man of honor. He'll stand by this beauty and her unborn child. Because it is the right thing to do. And because guarding her has left his battle-scarred heart open to the possibility of love. W
Jeanie
Dec 21, 2014 Jeanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good mystery with sweet romance - I always like a man who likes protecting a woman who becomes his woman. Great Christian theme, appreciate the characters and continuity of series among the authors, especially as they head for a common goal of cutting off the evil at the root. Valerie Hansen has been a long-time favorite writer and her skills do not disappoint in this story. Highly recommend Explosive Secrets - and suggest reading these in order for the greatest impact!
Lisa Phillips
Mar 13, 2013 Lisa Phillips rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable story in this series. All the books have specimens of supreme cuteness on the front (and the guys aren't bad looking either).
I enjoyed this story, though the Nicki was a little passive needing only to maintain her innocence for 3/4 of the book. She came off a bit waifish.
I liked the pregnancy angle, and the plot and the other characters and their dynamic.
Judie Dooley
Mar 04, 2014 Judie Dooley rated it really liked it
Good story line, but the ending left me asking question. Some things were le4ft undone, I even re-read the last chapter to see if they had been covered. While the main thing was resolved-there were a number of things that were left up in the air.
Chris
Jan 13, 2016 Chris rated it liked it
Janis Kay
Feb 18, 2016 Janis Kay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-fic
This was excellent. This read is definitely explosive on many levels! Jackson and Titan are the best pairing and I loved seeing the 2 old partners interact with each other almost instinctively. Nikki had a lot to deal with, but her grit saw her through.
Jill
Nov 03, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
#4 in the series. Wish I had read them in order. Nicki Johnson/Jackson Worth/ K-9 Titan/Uncle Harrold/ THe Boss.

on loan from Sylvia
Maureen Hubley
Jun 02, 2013 Maureen Hubley rated it really liked it
Hope I will be able to find the next and last book in this series.
John Hanscom
Pretty standard, and written with very "purple prose."
Amy
Sep 01, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
I just love this little series! I've always been fascinated by K-9 dogs/cops and reading about them has been lovely :)
Judy
Apr 14, 2013 Judy rated it really liked it
Great story....engaging characters...suspense and who done it mystery.
Andrew Service
Feb 14, 2016 Andrew Service rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Series

Storylines is amazing good. The writer imagine of character in this series is spirit blessings learn about forgiveness thank Jesus
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Lisa
Apr 01, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
The Texas K 9 series continues with Nicki and Jackson's story. The couple are perfect for each other. This story was great and one of the best so far in this series.
Lyre
For Rio has been stolen last 4 books. So far the series also leaves me lot of questions unanswered. May they would have been solved in sequel.
Bernette Beals
Nov 14, 2015 Bernette Beals rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Explosive Secrets review

Explosive Secrets is another excellent romantic suspense book in the Texas K-9 Unit series written by author Valerie Hansen. The plot continues.
Debra
Jul 10, 2014 Debra added it
GOOD!
Doris Ware
Aug 01, 2013 Doris Ware rated it really liked it
Good series. I read it on my kindle.
Connie Rice
Nicki shows faith in God is something that you can hang on to when life is trying to tear you apart. Liked the dogs added to the story.
Londyn
Jun 25, 2014 Londyn rated it really liked it
sweet series!
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 22, 2015 11:35AM
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
  • Ricochet
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Treacherous Skies
Valerie Hansen is the pen name of Valerie Whisenand.

Although I have been a published author since the mid 1980s, I have been writing women's Christian fiction almost exclusively since 1999.

There is a longer, more detailed bio on my website so there's no need for me to repea
More about Valerie Hansen...

Texas K-9 Unit (6 books)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)