Start by marking “Explosive Secrets” as Want to Read:
Explosive Secrets

Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Pregnant and alone

Published April 2nd 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Explosive Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Explosive Secrets

Paula Legate
I have really enjoyed this book. Nicki’s new found faith was strong, but her life was in shambles. She is pregnant, she lost her job, and she has someone trying to end her life. The madman called and finished the conversation with the word “Boom.” She called the police to report the threat, and that’s when she met Jackson, and Titian. Jackson is a k-9 officer, and Titian is his dog. With every new threat that Nicki faced Jackson and Titian was there to help her through. I also really enjoy Harol ...more
Lisa Johnson
Title: Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Series Book #4)
Author: Valerie Hanson
Website: http://www.valeriehansen.com/
Pages: 288
Year: 2013
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My Rating: 5 stars
The series Texas K-9 Unit begins with Tracking Justice, followed by Detection Mission and then Guard Duty. Explosive Secrets continues the mystery introduced in book one with romance, faith and facing danger. Each novel centralizes on one main character in the K-9 unit along with whatever situations the team of handl
June
The biggest problem with continuity series is waiting for the next month for the new one to come out. Another great job by another great author. I enjoyed the story of Jackson and Nicki. As usual, the book kept me riveted and I enjoyed the whole story line. The characters are so down to earth and easy to associate with.
Barbara
It’s time for another “riveting inspirational romance” or romantic suspense novel which, as most readers know, 99% of the time features a cover with people running. Here, it’s one man running with his K-9 dog, and it’s presumably the assured hero, Jackson Worth, who trains a bomb-sniffing dog named Titan, a black Labrador retriever. This is also one of a series of books set in Sagebrush, Texas, where an organized crime ring has been operating for some time.

Nicolette (Nicki) Johnson is in troubl
Wendy Sparkes
Her cousin has always made life difficult & tried to get her in trouble.

Only now she's gone further & on her death bed she implicated her in the crime syndicate that's operating in Sagebrush.

How does Nicki convince the K-9 Unit of her innocence?

And how on earth does she prove to the other members of the syndicate that she doesn't know what they're looking for?

Particularly as they are using bombs to threaten her!

At least Titan, the bomb sniffing dog, is there to protect her - even if no o
Michelle Woods
This is one book out of a series about the Texas K-9 unit. The books are by different authors but involve some of the same characters. So this is a book that can be read as a stand alone or with the others in the series. However you do it, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the adventure.

Nicki Johnson is a woman in her thirties who has just gone through a shocking break up that has left her with no money and a pregnancy. Yet, she is determined to work hard and set things right. A break in and many following
Jeanie
Very good mystery with sweet romance - I always like a man who likes protecting a woman who becomes his woman. Great Christian theme, appreciate the characters and continuity of series among the authors, especially as they head for a common goal of cutting off the evil at the root. Valerie Hansen has been a long-time favorite writer and her skills do not disappoint in this story. Highly recommend Explosive Secrets - and suggest reading these in order for the greatest impact!
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 Pattianne marked it as to-read
Pregnant and aloneImplicated by her criminal cousin, Nicki Johnson is now the target of a murderous gang. Dark-haired policeman Jackson Worth thinks she is hiding something, but his remarkable bomb-sniffing dog has no such reservations. He's there to protect her—no judgments, no questions.

And Jackson is a man of honor. He'll stand by this beauty and her unborn child. Because it is the right thing to do. And because guarding her has left his battle-scarred heart open to the possibility of love. W
Judie Dooley
Good story line, but the ending left me asking question. Some things were le4ft undone, I even re-read the last chapter to see if they had been covered. While the main thing was resolved-there were a number of things that were left up in the air.
Lyre
For Rio has been stolen last 4 books. So far the series also leaves me lot of questions unanswered. May they would have been solved in sequel.
Amy
I just love this little series! I've always been fascinated by K-9 dogs/cops and reading about them has been lovely :)
Debra
Jul 10, 2014 Debra added it
GOOD!
Lisa Phillips
Another enjoyable story in this series. All the books have specimens of supreme cuteness on the front (and the guys aren't bad looking either).
I enjoyed this story, though the Nicki was a little passive needing only to maintain her innocence for 3/4 of the book. She came off a bit waifish.
I liked the pregnancy angle, and the plot and the other characters and their dynamic.
Lisa
The Texas K 9 series continues with Nicki and Jackson's story. The couple are perfect for each other. This story was great and one of the best so far in this series.
Jill
#4 in the series. Wish I had read them in order. Nicki Johnson/Jackson Worth/ K-9 Titan/Uncle Harrold/ THe Boss.

on loan from Sylvia
Connie Rice
Nicki shows faith in God is something that you can hang on to when life is trying to tear you apart. Liked the dogs added to the story.
Marybelle
Really enjoyed Nikki & Jackson's story. Can't wait for next Monty's installment.
Judy
Great story....engaging characters...suspense and who done it mystery.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Maureen Hubley
Hope I will be able to find the next and last book in this series.
John Hanscom
Pretty standard, and written with very "purple prose."
Doris Ware
Good series. I read it on my kindle.
Londyn
sweet series!
Sara
Loved it.
Mandi
Mandi marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)
  • Christmas Cover-Up
  • Lost Legacy
  • Shades of Truth
  • Treacherous Skies
  • Dead Wrong
Valerie Hansen is the pen name of Valerie Whisenand.

Although I have been a published author since the mid 1980s, I have been writing women's Christian fiction almost exclusively since 1999.

There is a longer, more detailed bio on my website so there's no need for me to repea
More about Valerie Hansen...

Texas K-9 Unit (7 books)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Texas K-9 Unit Christmas: Holiday Hero\Rescuing Christmas
Montana Reunion (Big Sky Centennial, #.5) The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2) Frontier Courtship High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1) Healing the Boss's Heart