Start by marking “The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)

The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams #4)

The rumor is up and the banns are read....

The Dissolute Duke has finally wed! With a name synonymous with sin and debauchery so shocking it is spoken of only in whispers, Taylen Ellesmere, Duke of Alderworth, is more surprised than anyone when he finds himself forced to marry! Before the ink is dry on the register, he turns his back on this sham of a marriage and leaves.

Th
Paperback, Harlequin Historical #1132, 288 pages
Published March 19th 2013 by Harlequin Historical (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Dissolute Duke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dissolute Duke

Caz
Aug 24, 2016 Caz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, audiogals
I've given this an A- for narration and a C+ for content at AudioGals

The Dissolute Duke is the fourth book in the author’s Wellingham series, which was originally published between 2010 and 2013 and of which books two and three – One Unashamed Night and One Illicit Night – are available in audio, both with different narrators. It’s not necessary to have listened to or read the others in the series, as this works as a standalone – although it’s probably helpful to know that the heroes of the pre
Tracy T.
Aug 21, 2016 Tracy T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good story, and the narration was amazing! I love Carolyn Morris' narrations.

I really enjoyed the hero Taylen very much. He was damaged, but kind. He was sexy, smart and handsome. I liked Lucinda too, she was a strong female heroine. She made a little mistake in her memory LOL but it worked out. These two made a great couple. The chemistry was good and felt real and not forced. There is a nicely written sex scene, not over the top or crude.

The story line was good and I enjoyed i
Cate Ellink
Apr 06, 2013 Cate Ellink rated it it was amazing
Oh, I have been waiting for Lucy Wellingham's story. She's a wild girl, always in trouble and with three big brothers to protect her, she's always got out of it. But not this time. This time Lucy has to face trouble and it's worse than she imagined.

Sophia James masterfully creates a story where Lucy has to face up to her misdoings and live with the consequences. It's not easy because Lucy has never really played by society's rules.

Taylen Ellesmere is the perfect hero for Lucy. He's wild and stu
Amy
Sep 27, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it

Taylen is a broken man who grew up with a harsh childhood. Lucinda, the overly protected sister by three older brothers, is forced to marry Taylen after they are discovered together in a carriage accident. And then, for some very strange reason, the three brothers, tell Taylen to get lost after his wedding day to Lucinda. He finally decides to return to England after spending three years hunting for gold in America.
The story between Taylen and Lucinda was emotive, but lacking in the lovemaking
Debbie Dodd
Jan 22, 2017 Debbie Dodd rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading.
Elis Madison
If you’ve read earlier installments in this series (I hadn’t) you may know that Lady Lucinda Wellingham is… well, she’s…

This story begins with her in a low-cut gown, at the home of Taylen Ellesmere, the infamous “Dissolute Duke” of Alderworth, where an orgy party is taking place. She was brought here by her “friend” Posy, who has vanished (later she’ll claim she locked herself in her bedroom before the “fun” started). Lucy is beset by a horny earl who’s not taking “no” for an answer—after all,
Zel Polev
Oct 30, 2016 Zel Polev rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Writer
Jun 14, 2013 Writer rated it liked it
AN HONORABLE DISSOLUTE DUKE..., June 9, 2013

Amazon Verified Purchase
This review is from: The Dissolute Duke (Harlequin Historical) (Kindle Edition)

After years of absence from turning his back from a sham of a marriage he was forced to, Taylen Allesmere, Duke of Alderworth, returned to London to claim his wife. Successful from his gold venture in Australia, Taylen came back a very wealthy man resolved to restore his neglected vast holdings and claim his rightful place in society. Once again he sh
Kelly_Instalove
Grade: D+

Lust ignited, an incendiary living torch of need burning bright, like the wick of gunpowder snaking down through his being. Unstoppable.

The happy couple....

Youngest sibling Lady Lucinda Wellingham is a careless flirt who relies on her three older brothers to rescue her from various “scrapes.” Taylen Ellesmere is an Impoverished Duke of Ill Repute with “numerous and shocking depravities” to his name.

The set-up....

Lucinda gets talked into crashing one of Ellesmere’s notorious house part
Jultri
The first half in particular is frustratingly filled with inconsistencies and oddly attributed motivations of the characters. Some sentences are poorly edited and make no sense, their meanings or subjects lost in the vague prose. The second half sees an improvement in these distractions but that declaration of love splurts out of nowhere and shocks me as much as the hero. The author often over-complicates the reasoning behind their behaviours to the point of obscurity. There are lots of allusion ...more
Amanda
Jan 16, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: brain-junk-food
Being the 4th and last of the "series" I decided I better finish it out... I've held off long enough. I actually liked this cute romance.... the brothers seemed a little over powering to me... I mean, yeah, they are her brothers, but at times they were a little over bearing enough so that it was contrast to their character.... my opinion. This didn't take me long to read. It was a fun enough romance to read about. There wasn't a ton of fluff, which was kinda nice.... there was fluff.... just not ...more
Kim
May 02, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
Lucinda dares to attend a party in Taylen's home, and finds herself in his bedroom hiding from anothe rman who won't take no for an naswer, and the Duke makes a pass at her, then agrees to take her home when she says no. A horrific carriage accidnet leaves her believing she lost her virginity to him, so her brothers force him to wed her then leave the country. They eventually get back together, and Lucy begins to fall for the man under the hedonism, appallingly misused by his relatives all his l ...more
Cherie
Apr 29, 2013 Cherie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Misunderstandings. Made me just want to scream. Ms. James writes great characters and good plots and then turns them into melodrama that reminds me of why I don't watch TV. What was it exactly that Tay's uncle did to him? It was never fully explained. There were scars on his back from being whipped but something more sinister was hinted at. Ms. James writes about characters who have the worst luck. Everything that can go wrong, does go wrong.
Harlequin Books
"It's the time-honored plot line - the bad boy gets caught in the marriage trap - but James puts an intriguing, sexy spin into the mix. Her naive heroine may rankle some, but her hero will win hearts as James goes about giving a mismatched couple a second chance at love" RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars
Shelley
Aug 04, 2015 Shelley rated it really liked it
The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book. I understood why Lucinda's brothers acted the way the did but they didn't get all the facts and Taylen suffered. To have gone through all that he had a such a young age would make it hard to trust or love another. My heart broke for him. Thank you for such a great read.
Carrie
Apr 12, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Finally the stories of the Wellingham family are complete! I was so excited to see that Lucinda had her turn at a story, and what a story it was! The storyline felt very original and fresh and kept me hooked the whole time. I loved the hero and heroine and it was good to catch up a bit with the Wellingham brothers. An excellent read!
April Hollingworth
Wonderful, Beautifully Created it brought you back in time with a swish of silk skirts dropping you in a story that you just want to explore. The characters are so alive you can reach out and touch them.
A must read and to be honest one for buying as you will read it again.
Chris Noel
Aug 04, 2016 Chris Noel rated it liked it
Lucinda Wellingham gets in trouble by attending a risque party and is forced to wed the host, the Duke of Alderworth. Lucinda can't remember the night & thinks she has been ravished. The Duke is angry. Historical romance.
Vicki Jaeger
Feb 26, 2014 Vicki Jaeger rated it liked it
Free reading copy, don't judge. A fun historical romance with a hunky misunderstood duke, a spirited young woman, tons of misunderstandings and miscommunication, and a happy ending.
Elaine
Sep 20, 2014 Elaine rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
This was just as good as, or even better than, the previous book. I loved the storyline and characters. Not the usual plot, however, a HEA ending, of course.
I really enjoyed this reading.
Sam Still Reading
Mar 29, 2014 Sam Still Reading rated it really liked it
Fun romance historical with a forced marriage, a heroine with a missing memory and a hero who returns to claim his forgotten bride. Action aplenty!
Linda Bates
Feb 12, 2016 Linda Bates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LB

A wonderful story with complex characters. I couldn't wait to finish the book and when I did I wanted to read it again.
L H
Jul 17, 2013 L H rated it did not like it
one of the worst novels I have ever read! thw writing is so bad you'd think it was written by a teenager!!! NOTHING is good or acceptable about this waste of $6!!!
Fran
Fran rated it really liked it
May 24, 2013
Noemi Bowers
Noemi Bowers rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Nicki Crawford
Nicki Crawford rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Suzy
Suzy rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Teressa
Teressa rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Becca Paul
Becca Paul rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Shonica
Shonica rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 11, 2015 01:28PM
  • Lady Folbroke's Delicious Deception (Ladies in Disgrace #1)
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • Bought: The Penniless Lady  (Gentlemen of Fortune, #2)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • To Sin with a Viking (Forbidden Vikings, #1)
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
  • Some Like to Shock (Daring Duchesses, #2)
  • Lord of Secrets
  • The Dutiful Rake
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • Ravished by the Rake
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
Georgette Heyer novels formed Sophia James's reading tastes as a teenager lying in the sun on her grandmother's porch overlooking a wild west-coast beach.

Her writing life, however, started in Bilbao, Spain. After having three wisdom teeth extracted she was given a pile of Mills and Boons--filled with strong painkillers she imagined that she could pen one, too.

Many drafts later she thinks she has t
More about Sophia James...

Wellinghams (4 books)
  • High Seas To High Society (Wellinghams, #1)
  • One Unashamed Night (Wellinghams, #2)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)