Start by marking “311 Pelican Court” as Want to Read:
311 Pelican Court

311 Pelican Court (Cedar Cove #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  8,180 ratings  ·  328 reviews
Olivia Lockhart
Cedar Cove, Washington

Dear Reader,

One thing about Cedar Cove—people sure are interested in what other people are doing. Take Zach and Rosie Cox, for instance. Everybody in town knows that they recently got a divorce. Everybody also knows that I decreed a somewhat unusual custody arrangement. It won't be the kids moving between Rosie's...more
Published May 28th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about 311 Pelican Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 311 Pelican Court

Shonda
I’ve really enjoyed this series that author Debbie Macomber has written. The characters are warm and engaging and the reader cannot help but to wonder what will happen next in Cedar Cove. Although this is classified as a romance novel, there’s a bit of a mystery as well.

The mystery begins when Dan Sherman, Grace’s husband, leaves his family. Later his body is found next to a suicide note. In the note, Dan informs Grace about an incident that happened during Vietnam. This incident has haunted him...more
Drebbles
"311 Pelican Court", the third book in Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove series, focuses mainly on the divorce of Zach and Rosie Cox. Judge Olivia Lockhart has decreed that while Zach and Rosie will split custody, their children will stay in one house, and Zach and Rosie will move back and forth between houses. This unique arrangement will change their relationship in a way they never could have imagined. Olivia is struggling with her own relationship issues as she has to decide between getting back...more
Lisa Kay
Loved catching up on the characters in the romantic soap-opera set in a charming cove. Can’t believe Grace was so stupid; but, then again, in a way I can. :) Certainly glad (view spoiler)
Jen
Part of ongoing series based in Cedar Cove. Great mix of mystery and intertwining of lives and love stories. Apparently this is the 3rd book in the series with 44 Cranberry being the next book.
Sharon
I'm finished with this series. I can't stand the character of Grace. The woman can't make up her mind about what she wants - she still seems to need some sort of closure from her first marriage, she meets a wonderful man who would do anything for her and adores her, but she'd rather have an online affair with the brother of her best friend (she knows it's wrong because he's married - but he's not happy in his marriage and plans on leaving his wife ... blah, blah, blah). And Olivia - what woman w...more
Lynda
Jun 08, 2013 Lynda rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lynda by: I wanted to read it in preparation for TV series.
Rosie and Zach have recently divorced. They have two children that they both love and are concerned about, as well as, the family court judge Olivia Lockhart. Judge Lockhart's decree is that the parents will move in and out of the family home on their custody days instead of the children. The kids are upset about the divorce and make each parents life uncomfortable, but they also inform Rosie and Zach about what the other is doing. Each parent is having to learn independence as a single parent....more
Cecelia
This was book 3 in the famous Cedar Cove series. This novel focused on Zach and Rosie Cox. They get a divorce and Judge Olivia makes an interesting custody agreement – instead of uprooting their children from their home, Zach and Rosie will need to share the house. Each parent must spend half of their week in the home, the other half in an apartment. This proves a weird arrangement and forces Zach and Rosie to re-think their marriage.

Zach and Rosie also have to deal with behavioral problems with...more
Tiffany
I'm actually really enjoying the Cedar Cove series...As the people of the small town deal with the ups, and downs of their everyday lives.

Book #3 focuses on Rosie, and Zach, who were introduced in book #2 when their marriage was crumbling. Now divorced and dealing with the unconventional ruling from Judge Olivia Lockhart, can they move on so they can be co-parents.
Meanwhile Grace Sherman struggles with being a widow, trying to move on. While Olivia, and Jack's relationship moves forward, Olivia...more
Booklover
Wonderful book,really happy with how the story went ahead Zach-Rosie realises & accepted their mistakes and get back together,Olivia-Jack so happy these two work out their misunderstanding and get married,Stan what do i say he was not ready to accept but he did give in really hope he has understood its too late and move on,i have my doubts why he is asking Grace for dinner really hope she is not being used again,Grace ohh dear way she was used by Will(wanted to smack him) but Grace was also...more
Christine
Once again, Macomber brings us into the lives of the residents of Cedar Cove. We follow the trials and tribulations of Grace, Olivia, Charlotte, and everyone's respective children. Book 3 focuses on Zach and Rosie Cox, the couple we met in Book 2 whose marriage was falling apart. After getting divorced, Judge Lockhart makes a unique custody ruling which allows the children to remain in the family home and the parents to move back and forth. Can Zach and Rosie put their differences aside and focu...more
Lindsay
This book was ok. I was really into at first, but then it just seemed like it went on and on. I was glad that Maryellen finally realized that Jon was cool and they got together. Ditto with Olivia and Jack. And Zach and Rosie work out their problems. Now she just needs to get Grace and Cliff together, which happens in a later book I think. But these books kind of makes me not want to get into a relationship. All these people do is fight. Geez Debbie. There are some sane people out there in the wo...more
Lara
Olivia has finally told her ex-husband, in no uncertain terms, that she's not interested in him or resurrecting their long dead marriage. It still takes her and Jack a while to properly communicate and return to their easy relationship.

Charlotte has a new beau, which nobody notices until they get arrested for a small demonstration.

Grace cheats on Cliff emotionally, realises she's been an idiot, but not before doing irreparable damage to their friendship and almost killing her dog.

Zack and Rosie...more
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
Still too much divorce and betryal in this series for my liking. Not a traditional romance at all. More like a soap opera. Some lingering questions for the previous book were answered and some weren't so the ...to be continued... still goes on. I'm compelled almost more by the mystery of the background story arches (first about Dan's disappearance and now about the dead guy at the B&B) than with all the various romances. This series isn't bad, but it is different.
Again lots of characters to follow but some continuing from books one and two so easier to connect to as familiar names already while throwing in a couple of new people (no doubt as planned future book characters), with several more books in this series I'm looking forward to unlocking the secrets and stories behind many more characters and moving straight onto book 4 while names are fresh in my mind.
Leah (packfan20)
I enjoyed the first two books of this series but this one just got on my nerves. There are so many characters to keep track of and they are all intertwined. I also was annoyed by the fact that there were multiple "We meet, we kiss, we fight, we get married" storylines. I have to read the fourth book, 44 Cranberry Point, for a book club, but I'm really not looking forward to it.
Sara
Another great sappy read for Cedar Cove. I really enjoy how Debbie bridges the shift to whom the next book in the series will be primarily focused on. Such a great small tight community. I do also like the fact that this series takes place to where I am currently. Cant wait to read the next book in the series!
Karen
I am ready to move to Cedar Cove! Two things I especially like about this series; one it's easy to figure out what book comes next, two each book spans a year in the life of Cedar Cove. Cedar Cove is a very pleasant place to be indeed! Book 4 is already on my bookself and ready to be read!
Christine
I'd give this book 3 1/2 stars because Debbie Macomber is a talented writer; however, the storyline didn't capture my interest as much as I had hoped. I really enjoy Macober's Blossom Street series but then I also have a fondness for small business owners, knitting, and Seattle. 311 Pelican Court was the first book of the Cedar Cove series I read. There was a nice array of colorful characters, but at times I felt like they were a bit too whiney and the story drug on longer than it needed. Grace...more
Kitty Tomlinson
Rosie and her husband, Zach have just divorced, but Judge Olivia Lockhart has decreed joint custody with the children getting custody of the house and the parents moving back and forth to care for them.
Kati
Dec 29, 2008 Kati rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shannon
These books remind me of the Cape Light series by Thomas Kinkaid -- nice stories about people in a small town, with a little bit of romance, sometimes a mytery and/or conflict ...
Angie
This is the 3rd book in the Cedar Cove saga. This is a fun series a very easy read, and it feels like you are getting in touch with an old friend when you read the next book.
JazzRizz
What a great book. There are quite a few stand up and cheer moments in this book. I love the mystery thread that's been weaving in and out of this series too.

Ginny
As with all Macomber's books, you know what to expect. Nice and comfortable read, like an old pair of jeans and a sweatshirt on a chilly day.
Barbara
I really want to like this series, and there are some aspects that I do enjoy. Unfortunately, I'm finding too many characters and their story lines too ridiculous and annoying.

Becoming most annoying to me is Ms. Macomber's habit of repeating story details over and over and over again. I can understand the need to provide necessary details for those who have not read other installments, but to repeat something 3 pages after we've just read it is just lazy storytelling. I haven't decided yet if s...more
Gizella Tóth
No, most már tényleg befejeztem DM-t.
Tulképpen csak Jon és Maryellen miatt szántam rá magam, és az ő történetük tetszett is legalább két pont erejéig.
Hatalmas csalódás volt Grace (Charlotte mellett az egyetlen viszonylag normális nő – eddig) megbolondulása, és csak azért nem vontam le sok-sok pontot, mert Cliff nem hagyta magát bepalizni. Persze, előbb-utóbb biztos meghajlik és visszafogadja… meg is érdemli. Tudom, nem vet rám jó fényt, de amikor megbuggyant, magamban gondoltam rá, mi lenne, h...more
Elly
Just as I suspected, everything works out in the end and everyone lives happily ever after :) Aaahhh.
Kristi
An enjoyable read, though mostly due to prior connection with the characters. I actually found much of it better than three stars, but the ending kind of drove me batty. I don't want to get into spoilers, but several story arcs all came to a head at the same time, as though there were something in the water. That also left no arc continuing to the next book except what felt like a hastily added bit to set up the possibility of a new budding romance between two characters that had not and were no...more
Crys (The Hodgenator)
I would give this audio a 3.5

I love the Cedar Cove books. Macomber has a relaxing style to her writing that I enjoy. The reader of the Cedar Cove books reiterates this, and I enjoy listening to them.

What I love so much is all of the plots twined together. I enjoy the fact that there isn't just one character focus - they are all equally important in their own way. I really like this style of storytelling.

In this novel, readers are thrust into a mystery, one that has been building since book one....more
Paula Oliver
I love reading these books and this one did not disappoint. The Cox family has gotten a divorce which should have made life easier for Rosie and Zach Cox what they didn't count on was for Judge Olivia Lockhart decide that the kids get the house and the parents would alternate living there. Zach and Rosie have a lot to work on to find out where their marriage failed. Which they were able to accomplish. Olivia is dealing with two men who both want her and having to decide who she wants to be with....more
Christine
Ini buku pertama seri cedar cove yg aku baca, ternyata ini seri yg ke 3 dari seri cedar cove, wkt pertama baca kog agak bingung karena tokoh2nya yg banyak, tapi lama kelamaan aku jadi menikmati buku ini. Jadi buku ini bercerita tentang orang2 yg tinggal di cedar cove, washington. di buku ke 3 ini , berfokus pada zach dan rosi yg tinggal di jalan 311 Pelican court, mereka bercerai dan sedang mengalami masalah dengan anak2 mereka, tp nggak cuman itu lho...ada sosok olivia, hakim yg unik, grace , p...more
Child Custody From Divorce 9 20 Jul 21, 2014 02:53AM
  • A Chesapeake Shores Christmas (Chesapeake Shores, #4)
  • The Winter Lodge (Lakeshore Chronicles #2)
  • Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)
  • Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #19)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)