Start by marking “Georgia Sweethearts” as Want to Read:
Georgia Sweethearts

Georgia Sweethearts

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A Pattern For Love

After inheriting her great-aunt's failing yarn shop, Lilly Barnes is determined to make it a success. All she wants is stability, something she doesn't think possible in the small town of Corinthia, Georgia. Then Pastor Daniel Foreman rents space in her store to hold meetings for his growing congregation, and this proves to be her lifeline.

At first Lily w
Published March 19th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Georgia Sweethearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Georgia Sweethearts

Angela Breidenbach
May 02, 2013 Angela Breidenbach rated it really liked it
I so enjoyed this story. Georgia Sweethearts kept me company on a drive between Montana and Oregon. I turned on the speak feature on my Kindle and listened. Lovely story where two people try to determine God's will for their personal lives-and if their lives mesh. So real for all of us.
June
Jun 09, 2013 June rated it really liked it
This was a great story. It's about God bringing two people together who think they couldn't be more opposite if they tried. But in the end they find they have the same fears, the same hopes, the same love that will make them perfect together. I really liked the youth in the story and how that all worked out. Made a good story great.
Donna
Apr 23, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Like Lilly and Daniel we all need to let go of past hurts, step out in faith and follow God and His will for our lives. Fast read didn't want to put the book fown
Holly
Jul 07, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming story that has you pulling for all the characters all along. Love the town of Corinthia!
Harlequin Books
Category: Inspirational Romance
Barbara
Lilly and Jenna Barnes are sisters who grew up in a very dysfunctional family and have now inherited a yarn shop that was previously owned by their great-aunt. It’s located in Corinthia, Georgia; presumably far away from a Jo-Ann’s Fabrics or even a Target and they’re trying to make the best of things, despite mounting bills and overhead and lowered revenue.

Lilly meets a local pastor, Daniel Foreman, who claims that her great-aunt made a verbal promise to him that the basement of the shop could
Cindy
Jun 04, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Inheriting your own yarn shop, helping take care of your sister’s adorable baby, and friends who welcome you. And then there’s the church renting out your basement that just happens to have a handsome young bachelor preacher that makes your heart go thumpety-thump. What’s not to love about a year’s stay in Corinthia, Georgia?

Lilly finds plenty of problems with her life. For one thing she doesn’t know how to knit. For another, her sister is having marital problems and that preacher guy? Well, it
Teri-k
Sep 20, 2015 Teri-k rated it it was ok
This book had a cute premise and interesting setting. I liked the idea of a yarn shop with a new church meeting in the basement - lots of possibilities. Unfortunately the writing was only so-so. The dialogue was stilted and the character's thoughts were "romance novel" not realistic. I finished it because I was basically interested in the MC's, but the reading experience wasn't fun.
Jill Kemerer
Wow, Missy Tippens hit one out of the park with this book. I loved the characters--they all seemed so real and complicated. Lilly and Daniel both faced unique spiritual challenges which I could empathize with. Can't wait to read more from Ms. Tippens!
Anne
Apr 14, 2014 Anne rated it it was amazing
I liked this one. It is a sweet, simple story of letting go and following God, even when your mind is telling you something else. Easy read that is worth the time!
Jaquelyn Scroggie
Jan 24, 2014 Jaquelyn Scroggie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. The main characters think they couldn't be more different, but learn that they actually have a lot in common. In this book there are also other characters that you learn about their stories and are pulling for them as well. Some things are worth fighting for!
Amanda
Apr 29, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a huge romance novel fan, but I enjoy these inspirational romances. This one is definitely one of my favorites so far. My grandmother loaned me this book. She is always picking up used books and we swap and share. I'm glad she brought me this one. It was sweet, heartfelt, and made me smile. I loved the characters and I loved how they interacted with one another and grew as the story progressed. It was a little predictable, but not in a bad way. Sometimes it is satisfying to now that some ...more
Melissa
Nov 13, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Lilly and her sister have inherited their great-aunts yarn shop, and they are determined to make it a success! When Lilly meets Pastor Daniel, she is a little hesitant to get to know him, but as they work together, they form a wonderful friendship.
Daniel feels that God is calling him to move on to another town to help with their Church, but he cant decide what to do, because of his feelings for Lilly.
Will love be in the future for Daniel and Lilly?
Lindi Peterson
Jul 13, 2013 Lindi Peterson rated it it was amazing
Missy Tippens brings another emotionally packed story to our hearts. Lilly and Daniel, at odds over many things in the beginning, find common ground in one of the most important things in life. Love! You'll laugh, shed tears and root for Lilly and Daniel as you turn the pages, (quickly) in Georgia Sweethearts.
Mwizz
May 20, 2013 Mwizz rated it really liked it
It's a great story, the type that you read on a lazy sunday afternoon when you have nothing to do. Cause if you have stuff to do, you'll put the book down. Nevertheless I'd definately read it twice. Daniel and Lilly are very inspirational characters.
Mary
Apr 03, 2013 Mary rated it liked it
A lovely story, as it should be, to fit the title and location. Lilly and Daniel are wonderful characters drawn together because of their needs. Come walk into this little town in Georgia and get to know the people. You'll love the story.
Shan
Jul 30, 2015 Shan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 43-in-2015
Such a sweet book. It's nice to read a simple love story every now and then. It talked about religion without being too "churchy" even though half of the book takes place in a church! A very good read, highly recommended!
Myra Johnson
Oct 07, 2013 Myra Johnson rated it it was amazing
Missy Tippens consistently delivers emotionally driven love stories that capture the heart. This one about two people overcoming desertion issues from childhood is no exception.
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Jana Van
Jana Van marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Lacy
Lacy is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2016
Saskia
Saskia marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Sherry Lyn
Sherry Lyn marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Rhonda Stevenson
Rhonda Stevenson rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
 Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Diane Brownell
Diane Brownell rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 20, 2015
Pattie
Pattie added it
Oct 15, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 25, 2015 07:39AM
  • The Fireman's Homecoming (Gordon Falls, #2)
  • The Cowboy's Healing Ways (Cooper Creek, #4)
  • Look-Alike Lawman (Texas Twins, #4)
  • The Sheriff's Runaway Bride (Rocky Mountain Heirs, #2)
  • Reunited with the Sheriff
  • A Place for Family (Sawyers #4)
  • Alaskan Hero
  • The Promise of Home (Mirror Lake, #5)
  • Mirror Image Bride (Texas Twins, #2)
  • Love Lessons (Homeschool Series #1)
  • Reunited for the Holidays
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina
  • Her Surprise Sister (Texas Twins, #1)
  • Homecoming Reunion
  • A Rancher for Their Mom
I live in Georgia with my wonderful, supportive, pastor husband (my very own real life hero even though he's not too handy around the house). We have three perfect children. Well, maybe not perfect, but they're loving and fun and are God's greatest blessings. To add chaos to the household, we have two dogs and a cat.

I was a stay-at-home mom for 16 years, writing for about 10 of those years. I own
More about Missy Tippens...