Start by marking “The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)” as Want to Read:
The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)

The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Willow was unlike any princess he'd ever met…As heir to the throne, Ruben must choose an appropriate mate to preserve his royal bloodline—despite his fear that his true nature will destroy them both. Yet the female he craves above all others is a dangerous combination of fairy and shifter, a mesmerizing creature who inspires both passion and suspicion. Then violence strike ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Nocturne #157, 304 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf Prince

Beth
Willow is an outcast even though she is a princess. Ruben is a prince battling his wolf shifter side. Together they must find a murder in Willow’s realm. A difficult task when everyone in Willow’s lands is blonde, beautiful and lavender eyed. Trying to overcome the prejudices and the overwhelming pull of the wolf both Willow and Ruben have a treacherous journey ahead.

The Wolf Prince was an interesting and intriguing read. The premise for the plot was strong and original but the story seemed to l
Clint Griffon
This is a nice story, but I couldn’t really buy the setting. Convincing fantasy needs a bit more effort and thought. The story switches between two worlds; the real world, and one where a family of werewolves rule a Kingdom, and hold grand balls to try to find a bride for their son and heir, Prince Ruben.

No, hang on, that is supposed to be the real world, the other world is inhabited by two races of strange magical fairy-type people who nevertheless can pass for human. Princess Willow is unwante
Ashley Gibson
Jan 15, 2016 Ashley Gibson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter-romance
I loved the interaction between Princess Willow and Prince Ruben. I hated how badly Willow's family treated her, and just because she looked differently and didn't appear to have magic like they did. But she did have magic - a magic inherited by her real father. Will she find her father? What will he be like? Does he love her? Will Ruben and Willow be able to find true love with each other and will they be able to hold onto it. Who murdered Ruben's maid? Who can Ruben and Willow trust? Read more ...more
Holly
Apr 30, 2015 Holly rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
As usual I should have read this ARC copy from Netgalley when I got it. Instead I waited and waited and now regret not reading it sooner. I love the two main characters. One is a Seelie Princess who is an outcast to her family. The other is a Shape shifting werewolf Prince from the human world. Both worlds collide when the Princess finds a portal to the human world and goes to a party that is thrown for the Prince. What follows next is adventure, mayhem, murder, and intrigue. If you're into supe ...more
Carrie
Apr 23, 2013 Carrie rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, calibre-library
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Based on the description of the book, it seemed like my type of story: werewolves, fairies, magic, romance -- all of my favorite things! I did generally love the general story: Boy meets girl in a very fairytale way only to be torn apart by their different duties and roles in their respective worlds. The characters has so much depth, indicated by their struggles to fit in with their fellow fairies/shape-shifters. There was a lot o
Dejean Smith
Apr 25, 2013 Dejean Smith rated it did not like it
I so wanted to enjoy this tale. The bare bones of the story sounded oh so intriguing and my luck with Harlequin-published works has been excellent so when The Wolf Prince came up on Netgalley, I submitted my request and when I needed a mental break, I pulled up this title.

Sadly, I was very disappointed.

What I liked, as I said before, was the bare bones of the story. A prince that doesn't want to be who shifts from human to wolf and who fights daily with the urge to just hang up humanity and run
Shay Williams
Jun 20, 2013 Shay Williams rated it it was ok
This really has been an unusual year for me in that reading has been very hit or miss. I might devour three or four books in a week and then not pick up another for three weeks. So I do apologize in that I haven't had as many reviews as I usually do. Now onto the review.

I found THE WOLF PRINCE to be a book that I found myself reading when I was sitting in doctor's offices with my other half. I found that Ms. Whiddon did a wonderful job with the characters of Ruben and Willow but the others were
Cheryl M-M
Apr 02, 2013 Cheryl M-M rated it liked it
The inner turmoil of a man who wants to let the inner wolf rule, which also means letting the human male be consumed by the wolf. In the midst of this crisis the wolf prince meets a woman who is a fae Dr Doolittle of sorts.
Her secrets make her part of two worlds and she wanders around in a third just for fun. Slipping through to the world of the prince sets off a string of events that change both their futures forever.
Willow is a victim of fae racism, her sister is narcissist and her parents are
Melissa
Mar 27, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This review was first published on the Just A Reader review blog.

I found The Wolf Prince by Karen Whiddon disappointing. There really isn't a better word to describe my reaction to this book.

The beginning of The Wolf Prince was really strong - a ball to "encourage" Ruben, the son and heir, to choose a wife despite his deep-seated reluctance to do so given that he thinks he's going insane. Willow, a fairy princess (literally!), who crashes said ball. An act of terrorism against the royal family a
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

I was a little disappointed when I didn’t get the dark prince I thought I was getting from the cover. The book had a lot of promise, but I found it fell a bit short. I found myself really getting into the romance in the beginning, but not so much afterwards even though there was still quite a bit of passion. But that’s another thing. I was feeling the romance in the beginning, but then when it came to their “love sc
Shirley
Apr 01, 2013 Shirley rated it liked it
The Wolf Prince was a book with a lot of promise. It was sweet in some places. It had just the right amount of heat in other places. It had characters that I really liked. There was plenty of mystery and twists and turns to keep me turning the pages. The bad guys were really, really bad and a few of the players were a mystery until you really got to know them. I really, really liked a lot of this story, but…..

Okay, let’s start with what I liked. Prince Ruben was a great werewolf MC. He was alone
The Literary Bystander
Nov 21, 2013 The Literary Bystander rated it did not like it
Man this book had some promise. I was intrigued in the beginning and was anticipating the start of a beautiful relationship between Ruben and Willow.

What I got instead was so... anticlimactic and uninteresting. I mean, I like Willow and the Cinderella-esque thing she has going on - but unfortunately she wasn't enough to really pull through the story for me. Ruben on the other hand, dude I actually was into you at the beginning of the book - but then you had go all alpha male 'I make the rules he
Cinzia
Jan 23, 2013 Cinzia rated it it was ok
Intrigante sinossi, o blurb, per questo libro, tanto da attirare la mia attenzione, lasciandomi poi estremamente delusa a causa della trama troppo, troppo lineare, senza un minimo di suspance o pathos. Mi aspettavo tutt'altro genere di libro, invece mi sono ritrovata per le mani una sorta di versione di Cenerentola dotata di Principe, mutaforma o shifter in questo caso.
L'inizio poi del racconto con tanto di ballo organizzato dai genitori del Principe Ruben ha contribuito non poco a farmi notare
Camy
Feb 16, 2013 Camy rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and this story world, and I found the series premise interesting and fun. I especially liked how tortured the hero was as he battled his inner wolf and his fears for his sanity. The heroine was a bit like Cinderella except she was a princess rather than being treated like a servant, so while she had a lonely family life, she had some authority and backbone, and she wasn't taken in by her sister's machinations.

The middle of the book sagged a bit, although thi
Kati
May 08, 2013 Kati rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Dela
Apr 09, 2013 Dela rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal romance
Recommended to Dela by: netgalley
I'm a big fan of shape-shifter books in general and enjoy anything with a bit of magic - so this book has a winning mix of both.

Then why just 3 stars, you might wonder?

Mostly because the two dimensional and plain stupid characters with little to no redeeming (read - interesting) features. I'm referring to the sister and mother of the heroine for the most part. Those two spoiled the story for me quite a bit.

Now, I LIKE villains - they are quite often my favorites - when done well.

If it wasn't f
Kathy
April
May 14, 2013 April rated it really liked it
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Cathy Beckett
Jun 24, 2014 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-books-read
This installment in Karen Whiddon's The Pack series was a quick, fun, and exciting read. I loved Ruben and Willow.

Willow is a Sidhe Princess. She is the product of both the Seelie and the Unseelie courts. She has been told by her mother the queen of the Seelie court that she is worthless and has no magic. She has been raised as an outcast in her own home. Willow's magical gifts are the ability to speak with all animals and to heal the sick and injured.

Ruben is a wolf shape-shifter prince. He is
Lisa Jon
Apr 02, 2013 Lisa Jon rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-read
My-Review- The wolf Prince The Wolf Prince reminds me of a modern day Cinderella story- Setting-The Ball at the Palace Our Prince -a Real Wolf in human form Our Cinderella -our guest coming out of the forest who leaves an earring behind. Then all the action begins in the story -girl comes from another realm in world -We have a mean sister and parents and then to add some spice -murder to solve - Without giving to much away I will say and they lived Happily Ever After-The End! I would give it 4 o ...more
GONZA
Feb 08, 2013 GONZA rated it did not like it
This book was sooo boring, even if it was a Cinderella with a twist, the twist was not enough and the plot so straight to be useless to read ad I could have written it myself.

Questo libro è stato così terribilmente noioso e anche se era una rilettura di Cenerentola con tanto di giallo, la trama era così seplice e lineare che avrei potuto scriverla anche io, e non è un complimento.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND HARLEQUIN FOR THE PREVIEW.
Emi Lia
Feb 14, 2013 Emi Lia rated it liked it
I received this from Harlequin Netgalley for an honest review;

This story was a little all over the place. I thought it was going in one direction then the plot changed into something else. The murder mystery and back stabbing was good, and Willow's family is absolutely mean and crazy. The chase to catch the killer also turns out to be a learning experince for both Willow and Ruben. They make a good couple & the HEA is well deserved.
Melissa Williams
Apr 05, 2013 Melissa Williams rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! It's the first time I have read Karen Whiddon but I found THE WOLF PRINCE a great read with lots of dynamic twists and turns in the plot. Both Ruben and Willow were complex but enduring characters, but I would have liked more steamy scenes between the characters!
I totally recommend this book and author to anyone who loves a sensual, thrilling story about a wolf and his fairy princess.
Amyra
Sep 28, 2013 Amyra rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Sinceramente questa storia non mi ha preso per niente e quello che dovrebbe essere l'eroe maschile non lo sopportavo proprio.
Le premesse c'erano, si poteva fare di meglio...

Si ringrazia NetGalley per la gentile preview

Voto: 2 stelle

I did find this romance extremely boring and the male hero strongly unappealing.
Mrs Whiddon, you can do better than this.
Stacie
Jun 10, 2013 Stacie rated it liked it
Story of the heir to his clan's throne, Ruben needs an appropriate mate but he falls for Willow. She is half fairy and half shifter. When Willow comes into Ruben's world, someone follows her and commits murder. Willow and Ruben must join together to find who the murderer is and try to find a way to be together.
Patti Ashley
Nice read

Like the ugly duckling, the young princess is raised in a hostile environment and escapes through the veil to the world of humans. I truly enjoyed that the Brights were the horrid people and the Shadows were people of character. The villains were self-interest and despicable.
Theresa Hewitt
Sep 07, 2013 Theresa Hewitt rated it really liked it
This was a very good shifter book. You go through the turmoil with Rueben as he fights his wolf. Willow is a strong woman, even through her struggles with her bratty sister and mom. I loved the shadow king. He made the story better. Would read it again
Stephanie Williams
Nov 02, 2013 Stephanie Williams rated it it was amazing
I luved it but I wish they would have given more details on everyone in the book. I find myself wonder why this person our that person was the way they were
Basil
Aug 04, 2013 Basil rated it did not like it
Bloody awful, yet, bloody awful. Yet the concept was good despite the finished product. Mary Sues and Stues galloping gleefully into the sunset.
  • Darkest Desire of the Vampire: Wicked in Moonlight / Vampire Island
  • The Wolf's Surrender
  • Taming the Demon (Demon Blade #1)
  • Phantom Wolf (Phoenix Force, #2)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • Forever Werewolf
  • The Keepers: Christmas in Salem (The Keepers Trilogy #4)
  • Releasing the Hunter
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Beauty's Beast (The Tracker, #4)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • Incubus
  • Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Alaskan Wolf (Alpha Force #1)
Karen Whiddon spun fanciful tales for her younger brothers as early as the age of eleven. Growing up in the Catskill Mountains of New York, then the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, she found enough magic in the rugged peaks to keep her imagination fueled for years.

Now making her home in North Texas, she shares her life with her hero-like husband and three doting dogs. She writes paranormal tales for
More about Karen Whiddon...

The Pack (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • One Eye Open (The Pack, #1)
  • One Eye Closed (The Pack, #2)
  • Secrets of the Wolf (The Pack, #4)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5)
  • Touch Of The Wolf (The Pack #6)
  • Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)
  • Wild Wolf (The Pack #9)
  • Lone Wolf  (The Pack #10)
  • Wolf Whisperer (The Pack #11)
  • The Wolf Princess (The Pack, #12)