Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4)

Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion #4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  1,249 ratings  ·  160 reviews
Several years after the end of Duty & Devotion, Matt and Evan are living quietly in their Brooklyn home with the twins, Danny and Elizabeth. The older girls - Katie and Miranda - are off at college, Evan is about to be promoted to captain and things are calm.

Briefly.

Evan accidently learns that Miranda has a new boyfriend and is talking marriage after just three months...more
Published November 20th 2012 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Cherish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherish

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
144th out of 602 books — 1,391 voters
Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsOne Small Thing by Piper VaughnWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Books Dealing With Children
67th out of 296 books — 416 voters

More lists with this book...

Heller
4.5

I LOVE Matt and Evan. Love them. I really enjoyed seeing where these two men are at in their lives so this was a wonderful and unexpected treat for me.

The chemistry between them remains explosive but tempered with tenderness and quite a bit of love. This is a novella, only 88 pages and focuses on the Miranda, the eldest Cerelli daughter, bringing home her fiance and his parents to meet Evan and the family for the first time during the Thanksgiving holiday.

I did not like Miranda. I'm not a fa...more
Akansha
Faith and Fidelity was the first M/M book that I ever read. Suffice it to say, I still love that book regardless of all its flaws. Matt and Evan are one of my favourite M/M couples of all time.

It was great to revisit Matt and Evan again. The best and most heartening thing was to know that Evan is finally comfortable in his own skin and has come to terms with his sexuality. Granted, he still has a myriad of issues, but he wouldn't be Evan if he didn't. The two of them have settled into complacent...more
Christina
3.5 Stars

It was so nice to catch up with Matt and Evan again. Cherish takes place several years after F&F. Matt and Evan are happy and settled in their new lives. We get a little glimpse of their day-to-day life and the trials of raising a family.

The focus is mainly on Miranda's unresolved issues with her mother's death and her father's relationship with Matt. I understand her feelings about losing her mother but her childish behavior was simply unbearable. She irritated me from the beginnin...more
Bev
Marvellous series of books. I have enjoyed each and every one of them (although 'Love & Loyalty' features friends of Matt's - Jim and Griffin), which detail the trials and tribulations of two men Evan & Matt (both previously hetero) falling in love after the death of Evan's wife, and the problems they face in raising Evan's four kids, and in dealing with the reactions of their family, friends and co-workers.

Evan is a cop, and is finding it extremely difficult to come to terms with losin...more
Mo
Only 4 stars because it was a shorter read than I wanted. But I still loved it. Thanksgiving at Evan and Matts. Should be fun. Throw in bitchy Miranda - not sure where that came for. She did not come across with so much animosity in the previous books so that took a bit of getting used to. Great to see Evan finally being able to accept who he really is and how happy he is with Matt. OK, it is tough with work and kids etc. but the story comes across are lifelike. All the books in the series were...more
Kaje Harper
I adore Matt and Evan, and loved this glimpse of where they and the family were, a couple of years down the road. I liked the fact that not all the kids were perfect, or necessarily settled into the new family life, and that the issues weren't always the obvious ones. And I love Matt even more now. I heard there may be more short stories or novellas about these two down the road, and will happily read any of them.
Whitney
I could read about Matt and Evan forever. I’m glad that there will be more novellas of them.

I’ve always disliked Miranda. Like, your father is paying your rent in a Manhattan apartment (I don’t even need to live in NYC to know that shit ain’t cheap), you don’t want for anything, probably paying for your Masters too and you REALLY want to call him a crappy parent?

I understand that you lost your mom, but he lost his wife and your siblings lost their mother too. Like, stop being a brat. And now y...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I wasn't too sure I was going to enjoy this one so much with it mostly being about Evan and Miranda, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Miranda was just awful. She really needed a wake up call and to be called to the floor for the things she said to and the way she treated Evan (and the rest of the family as well). The other kids are great. Katie is fabulous, and I love her interactions with Matt. Donny also seems to have really grown up a bit since we last read about them.

Matt totally made this boo...more
Susan65-Coug
Miranda needed her ass beat. Kate was a gem. And Matt was a saint. Doofus boyfriend has no chance of gaining his balls back since he goes back with Miranda.

Love this series, really do, lol.
Morgana
OMG! OMG! OH.MY.GOD!! I can't believe my eyes! Another book in this awesome series! We will see Matt and Evan again! That's THE BEST news ever! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D
Xing
I'm so sad this series is over! So Cherish is all about the family drama. And oh was it reality-TV worthy (in the "I can't stop watching" sort of way and not the "shoot me now" type). Of course, the source of drama is Miranda and, of course, Evan is the one who bears the brunt of her fury. And then there's Matt *swoon* and the rest of the family. It really is an enjoyable read with the loose-ends tied by the last page.

Now excuse me while I look at cute kitty calendars to match the fuzzy feeling...more
Darkm
Always happy to read about Matt and Evan.
(view spoiler)
Breann
Drama. Tears. Love. Hot tempers. Even hotter sex. More love.

Everything I adore about Matt & Evan.
Sunne Manello
I can't believe that I hadn't written a comment the moment I had finished it.

Well, first, the love is still there. Matt and Evan are in my opinion better than ever. And it's really wonderful to see them interact, struggle and succeed. Just for that the book is worth the read and it would have been a 5 star it not for the following:

I don't get the whole "Miranda dislikes/nearly hates Matt"-thing. Where does that come from? If that has been there before, especially to such and extend - it never wa...more
Sheri
Monkey in the middle. Nope, not anymore!

This last story in the series is a lovely treat. We fast forward a few years, and check in with the Cerelli-Haight family. Evan and Matt are united and stronger than ever. Both are doing well with their careers and life is great.
Or more like, life is good.
Or perhaps, almost good?
Evan oldest daughter, Miranda has some shocking news and nearly gives her Dad a heart attack when the rumors reach his ears. In attempt to rebuild their strained father-daughter...more
Fangtasia
Yay! This story is starred by Matt and Evan, is about Miranda having a secret boyfriend, and she invites the future in-laws to meet her Dad and his partner on Thanksgiving. The recipe for a dress-rehearsal of Armaggeddon, don't you think?

This is one of my favorite m/m couples and series. Believable, flawed, every-day kind of guys who fall in love and make it work, in spite of all the obstacles. The absolute best is they are mature guys, close to fifty in this story. *fist pump* Yeah! HEA in acti...more
Edina Rose
This short book is the the fourth in the series and the third about Evan and Matt. It shows Matt and Evan solidly "HEA settled" in their relationship, finally. Matt finally has a non-negotiable place by Evan's side and in Evan's kids' life. Interesting dynamics in their relationship and family, too. It's a heartwarming sequel. Evan is a great character, but I found Matt really, really amazing. His relationship with Katie, Evan's second kid, is very strong. It was good to see how strong an ally E...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
It took me a long time to purchase this, as I thought it was a little expensive for such a short read. I still think that, but I enjoyed the rest of this series so much that I was compelled to know how they were getting on.
I loved this little look into how everyone was. I do adore this series, and this little short was wonderful. Now I have the urge to go back and re-read the whole series, but I really do have to many unread books waiting for me, but I know that at some time in the future I will...more
Isabel
I love this series! The chemistry between Matt and Evan is wonderful and their love beautiful! They face their problems together and together they solve them... Matt gives Evan the strenght that he needs and is always so supportive... is amazing to read!
clear skies
I have really enjoyed this series and I think Tere Michaels is a good writer. I would love to see her publish some more books in this genre on a selfish note. However, I was left disappointed with this new instalment.

Evan has moved on from his closeted day and he's doing better. However, he also seems to be stuck in the same spot. Still not very comfortable with things which just makes me sad for Matt. This is a holiday themed-story it is all about family. I think Michaels is one of the few aut...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I loved this last installment in the Faith & Fidelity series. Matt and Evan, both still as sexy and loving as ever, with Matt still providing the stabiity in the family, and Evan still leading with his emotional side.

This story centers on Miranda and her inability to accept Matt in their lives. She invites her new boyfriend Kent and his parents for Thanksgiving Dinner, however she has not only failed to tell any of them of Evan's and Matt's relationship, but also failed to tell them of the...more
Valentina Heart

This review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews and can also be found there.

Since I’ve been following this series from the very start and always more than enjoyed the life of two unlikely partners, I was overjoyed that there was more to look forward to.

This one, actually shorter than the previous books and more of a snippet of the lives of our favorite characters, revolves around Miranda, the oldest daughter. She is feeling abandoned and more of an outsider when it comes to...more
Emily
I almost wish I hadn't read this book. I love Evan and Matt, and it was nice to catch up with them and the kids. I also like how realistic they seemed - their love doesn't make the other perfect (Evan can still have a temper), they are getting older, and the author shows how that's affecting them.

The problem with this book is that it's mostly about Miranda, Evan's oldest daughter. She still (years later) has a problem with Evan's relationship with Matt. She comes off in this book as a total bra...more
Bookwatcher
Short (and overpriced, IMO) story that made me smile
:-)
All the craziness that could happen in a thanksgiving happened in that house... and I love it all!

It's a great series, I enjoy ALL books, and must admit the third book, Duty & Devotion, is my favorite.

It all start with a bitter and sad lonely man raising 4 kids... and ended... no, wait, can't said it. You must read all to know!

5 stars (TO ALL BOOKS OF THE SERIES! I think it's the first time ALL books in a series got my 5 stars! Yeah, I'm...more
Claire (_Book Huntress)
meh...  photo meh_zps53439f05.gif

This Short story wasn't really needed to be honest... although I guess it was nice to have the story tied up in a neat bow

photo 35bfe4z_zpsf697dbad.gif
Heather C
It's about 3.5 years after Duty & Devotion and Thanksgiving time in the Cerelli household. Evan and Matt seem to finally have a solid, strong relationship, the twins are teens and Miranda is still a brat. My faves were Matt and Katie in this one.

I would still love to read more about Matt and Evan and the kids. I haven't gotten tired of them yet!
Shannon
Mar 18, 2013 Shannon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shannon by: Breann
I loved revisiting Matt and Evan and enjoying their chaotic Thanksgiving dinner. What fun. Except for Miranda. Get over yourself already. I really wanted to smack her one. Not a long read so only a little bit of smexing but it was lovely! :)
Anke
So Good!

Finished my re-read; still liked it very much, although I didn't really recognized Miranda as the girl from book#1. Still, Evan and Matt were wonderful, their interaction so very believable and I just love the kids:)
Nic
This final installment is largely focused on the family, a couple of years down the track in Matt and Evan's relationship - family issues, work/life balance, a bit of drama and a nice HEA ending.
Snowtulip
I so love Matt and Evan! Great story featuring the whole family, Miranda definitely grated on me, but still love Tere Michaels style.
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Tigerland  (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
  • If The Stars Fall (The Making of a Man #5)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • One Small Thing (One Thing, #1)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid #2)
  • Forever Promised (Promises, #4)
  • Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs, #1)
  • Time After Time (Zero at the Bone, #1.2)
  • One Bright Star (Dark Horse, #3.1)
  • The Nothingness of Ben
  • Second Chances (Second Chances #1)
This bio would be more interesting if I could fictionalize it...

I am an East Coast girl (Metro NYC to be exact), born and bred and with some slight princess traits. For example, "camping" is staying in a hotel without a pool.

Writing has always been my dream, my goal, the way my brain and my heart found a happy place. When I was five my mom got me a subscription to a Disney magazine and precocious...more
More about Tere Michaels...
Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3) Love & Loyalty  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #2) Personal Shopper The Heir Apparent

“I used to be an angry, lonely prick. Then I met a guy with four amazing kids and more issues than the Sports Illustrated back catalog and boom—happiness.”
“Boom, happiness?”
“Okay, boom. Boom. More booms. A mushroom cloud. Then happiness.”
7 likes
“Do me a favor, elope when you’re forty.” Evan sighed as he walked over to where Katie was standing.
“Deal.”