Start by marking “Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4)

Cherish (Faith, Love & Devotion #4)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,801 Ratings  ·  186 Reviews
Several years after the end of Duty & Devotion, Matt and Evan are living quietly in their Brooklyn home with the twins, Danny and Elizabeth. The older girls - Katie and Miranda - are off at college, Evan is about to be promoted to captain and things are calm.

Briefly.

Evan accidently learns that Miranda has a new boyfriend and is talking marriage after just three months
Published November 20th 2012 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Cherish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherish

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDuty & Devotion by Tere MichaelsOne Small Thing by Piper VaughnWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best Gay Books Dealing With Children
63rd out of 371 books — 550 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
150th out of 617 books — 1,450 voters

More lists with this book...

Heller
Nov 22, 2012 Heller rated it really liked it
4.5

I LOVE Matt and Evan. Love them. I really enjoyed seeing where these two men are at in their lives so this was a wonderful and unexpected treat for me.

The chemistry between them remains explosive but tempered with tenderness and quite a bit of love. This is a novella, only 88 pages and focuses on the Miranda, the eldest Cerelli daughter, bringing home her fiance and his parents to meet Evan and the family for the first time during the Thanksgiving holiday.

I did not like Miranda. I'm not a fa
A Girl Has No Name
5 stars or should I say hearts!

Matt and Evan are one of my favorite m/m couples of all times and I really enjoy revisiting them from time to time. Cherish was a perfect opportunity to get a little glimpse at their crazy life with the kids.

And knowing Matt, Evan and their family a Thanksgiving that could have been peace- and joyful turned out to be a true minefield of possible desasters. So welcome at Tension House. I loved how Tere Michaels was able to make all the characters stay true to thems
Christina
3.5 Stars

It was so nice to catch up with Matt and Evan again. Cherish takes place several years after F&F. Matt and Evan are happy and settled in their new lives. We get a little glimpse of their day-to-day life and the trials of raising a family.

The focus is mainly on Miranda's unresolved issues with her mother's death and her father's relationship with Matt. I understand her feelings about losing her mother but her childish behavior was simply unbearable. She irritated me from the beginnin
Mo
Mar 20, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only 4 stars because it was a shorter read than I wanted. But I still loved it. Thanksgiving at Evan and Matts. Should be fun. Throw in bitchy Miranda - not sure where that came for. She did not come across with so much animosity in the previous books so that took a bit of getting used to. Great to see Evan finally being able to accept who he really is and how happy he is with Matt. OK, it is tough with work and kids etc. but the story comes across are lifelike. All the books in the series were ...more
Bev
Marvellous series of books. I have enjoyed each and every one of them (although 'Love & Loyalty' features friends of Matt's - Jim and Griffin), which detail the trials and tribulations of two men Evan & Matt (both previously hetero) falling in love after the death of Evan's wife, and the problems they face in raising Evan's four kids, and in dealing with the reactions of their family, friends and co-workers.

Evan is a cop, and is finding it extremely difficult to come to terms with losin
Whitney
Nov 24, 2012 Whitney rated it really liked it
I could read about Matt and Evan forever. I’m glad that there will be more novellas of them.

I’ve always disliked Miranda. Like, your father is paying your rent in a Manhattan apartment (I don’t even need to live in NYC to know that shit ain’t cheap), you don’t want for anything, probably paying for your Masters too and you REALLY want to call him a crappy parent?

I understand that you lost your mom, but he lost his wife and your siblings lost their mother too. Like, stop being a brat. And now y
Kaje Harper
Mar 29, 2016 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it
I adore Matt and Evan, and loved this glimpse of where they and the family were, a couple of years down the road. I liked the fact that not all the kids were perfect, or necessarily settled into the new family life, and that the issues weren't always the obvious ones. And I love Matt even more now. I heard there may be more short stories or novellas about these two down the road, and will happily read any of them.
Susan65
Apr 27, 2013 Susan65 rated it really liked it
Miranda needed her ass beat. Kate was a gem. And Matt was a saint. Doofus boyfriend has no chance of gaining his balls back since he goes back with Miranda.

Love this series, really do, lol.
Morgana
OMG! OMG! OH.MY.GOD!! I can't believe my eyes! Another book in this awesome series! We will see Matt and Evan again! That's THE BEST news ever! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! :D
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 21, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook
I wasn't too sure I was going to enjoy this one so much with it mostly being about Evan and Miranda, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Miranda was just awful. She really needed a wake up call and to be called to the floor for the things she said to and the way she treated Evan (and the rest of the family as well). The other kids are great. Katie is fabulous, and I love her interactions with Matt. Donny also seems to have really grown up a bit since we last read about them.

Matt totally made this boo
Xing
Oct 27, 2013 Xing rated it really liked it
I'm so sad this series is over! So Cherish is all about the family drama. And oh was it reality-TV worthy (in the "I can't stop watching" sort of way and not the "shoot me now" type). Of course, the source of drama is Miranda and, of course, Evan is the one who bears the brunt of her fury. And then there's Matt *swoon* and the rest of the family. It really is an enjoyable read with the loose-ends tied by the last page.

Now excuse me while I look at cute kitty calendars to match the fuzzy feeling
Darkm
Dec 03, 2012 Darkm rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-stories
Always happy to read about Matt and Evan.
(view spoiler)
Breann
Drama. Tears. Love. Hot tempers. Even hotter sex. More love.

Everything I adore about Matt & Evan.
Sunne
Dec 19, 2012 Sunne rated it really liked it
I can't believe that I hadn't written a comment the moment I had finished it.

Well, first, the love is still there. Matt and Evan are in my opinion better than ever. And it's really wonderful to see them interact, struggle and succeed. Just for that the book is worth the read and it would have been a 5 star it not for the following:

I don't get the whole "Miranda dislikes/nearly hates Matt"-thing. Where does that come from? If that has been there before, especially to such and extend - it never wa
Sheri
Jan 10, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it
Shelves: boyz-luvin-boyz
Monkey in the middle. Nope, not anymore!

This last story in the series is a lovely treat. We fast forward a few years, and check in with the Cerelli-Haight family. Evan and Matt are united and stronger than ever. Both are doing well with their careers and life is great.
Or more like, life is good.
Or perhaps, almost good?
Evan oldest daughter, Miranda has some shocking news and nearly gives her Dad a heart attack when the rumors reach his ears. In attempt to rebuild their strained father-daughter
Fangtasia
Dec 01, 2012 Fangtasia rated it it was amazing
Yay! This story is starred by Matt and Evan, is about Miranda having a secret boyfriend, and she invites the future in-laws to meet her Dad and his partner on Thanksgiving. The recipe for a dress-rehearsal of Armaggeddon, don't you think?

This is one of my favorite m/m couples and series. Believable, flawed, every-day kind of guys who fall in love and make it work, in spite of all the obstacles. The absolute best is they are mature guys, close to fifty in this story. *fist pump* Yeah! HEA in acti
Awilk -never sleeps-
It took me a long time to purchase this, as I thought it was a little expensive for such a short read. I still think that, but I enjoyed the rest of this series so much that I was compelled to know how they were getting on.
I loved this little look into how everyone was. I do adore this series, and this little short was wonderful. Now I have the urge to go back and re-read the whole series, but I really do have to many unread books waiting for me, but I know that at some time in the future I will
Isabel
Jul 25, 2013 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, m-m
I love this series! The chemistry between Matt and Evan is wonderful and their love beautiful! They face their problems together and together they solve them... Matt gives Evan the strenght that he needs and is always so supportive... is amazing to read!
clear skies
Dec 21, 2012 clear skies rated it it was ok
I have really enjoyed this series and I think Tere Michaels is a good writer. I would love to see her publish some more books in this genre on a selfish note. However, I was left disappointed with this new instalment.

Evan has moved on from his closeted day and he's doing better. However, he also seems to be stuck in the same spot. Still not very comfortable with things which just makes me sad for Matt. This is a holiday themed-story it is all about family. I think Michaels is one of the few aut
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Sep 22, 2014 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it really liked it
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Breann
I loved this last installment in the Faith & Fidelity series. Matt and Evan, both still as sexy and loving as ever, with Matt still providing the stabiity in the family, and Evan still leading with his emotional side.

This story centers on Miranda and her inability to accept Matt in their lives. She invites her new boyfriend Kent and his parents for Thanksgiving Dinner, however she has not only failed to tell any of them of Evan's and Matt's relationship, but also failed to tell them of the
Valentina Heart

This review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews and can also be found there.

Since I’ve been following this series from the very start and always more than enjoyed the life of two unlikely partners, I was overjoyed that there was more to look forward to.

This one, actually shorter than the previous books and more of a snippet of the lives of our favorite characters, revolves around Miranda, the oldest daughter. She is feeling abandoned and more of an outsider when it comes to
Emily
Feb 07, 2013 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: boys-club
I almost wish I hadn't read this book. I love Evan and Matt, and it was nice to catch up with them and the kids. I also like how realistic they seemed - their love doesn't make the other perfect (Evan can still have a temper), they are getting older, and the author shows how that's affecting them.

The problem with this book is that it's mostly about Miranda, Evan's oldest daughter. She still (years later) has a problem with Evan's relationship with Matt. She comes off in this book as a total bra
Bookwatcher
Short (and overpriced, IMO) story that made me smile
:-)
All the craziness that could happen in a thanksgiving happened in that house... and I love it all!

It's a great series, I enjoy ALL books, and must admit the third book, Duty & Devotion, is my favorite.

It all start with a bitter and sad lonely man raising 4 kids... and ended... no, wait, can't said it. You must read all to know!

5 stars (TO ALL BOOKS OF THE SERIES! I think it's the first time ALL books in a series got my 5 stars! Yeah, I'm
Katrina Passick Lumsden
While I love Matt and Evan, I just didn't love this book as much as the others in the series. Mostly this book is just a showcase for how poorly Evan's oldest daughter, Miranda, has coped with the death of her mother and with her father's subsequent, unconventional relationship with Matt. While I agree it would be hard for any teenager to deal with all that, I couldn't help but also feel like there were several things left unsaid in this piece. Also, a lot of the drama seemed to be forced into p ...more
Claire (_Book Huntress)
meh...  photo meh_zps53439f05.gif

This Short story wasn't really needed to be honest... although I guess it was nice to have the story tied up in a neat bow

photo 35bfe4z_zpsf697dbad.gif
Edina Rose
Nov 23, 2012 Edina Rose rated it it was amazing
This short book is the the fourth in the series and the third about Evan and Matt. It shows Matt and Evan solidly "HEA settled" in their relationship, finally. Matt finally has a non-negotiable place by Evan's side and in Evan's kids' life. Interesting dynamics in their relationship and family, too. It's a heartwarming sequel. Evan is a great character, but I found Matt really, really amazing. His relationship with Katie, Evan's second kid, is very strong. It was good to see how strong an ally E ...more
Heather C
Apr 27, 2013 Heather C rated it really liked it
It's about 3.5 years after Duty & Devotion and Thanksgiving time in the Cerelli household. Evan and Matt seem to finally have a solid, strong relationship, the twins are teens and Miranda is still a brat. My faves were Matt and Katie in this one.

I would still love to read more about Matt and Evan and the kids. I haven't gotten tired of them yet!
Richard
Dec 19, 2014 Richard rated it it was amazing
If anyone were to ask ”why your love of m/m romance books”?
My answer will always be because of Tere Michaels FAITH, LOVE AND DEVOSION series.

And while reading them, I discovered Kaje Harper’s LIFE LESSONS, Josh Lanyon’s ADRIEN ENGLIH MYSTERIES, and Abigail Roux’s CUT & RUN series, among many other.

And then I was hooked, obsessed, in love with M/M romance.
Ms Michaels, it’s all your fault.

My heart will always belong to the FAITH, LOVE AND DEVOTION.
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

***4.5 stars***

Evan and Matt have come so far! Seriously love these two!!

This is a real family, dealing with real issues, in the real world. But you don't lose the love, humor or romance that you look for in a book. I'm seriously obsessed!

Full Review to Come.
Shannon
Mar 18, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shannon by: Breann
Shelves: cover-color-pink
I loved revisiting Matt and Evan and enjoying their chaotic Thanksgiving dinner. What fun. Except for Miranda. Get over yourself already. I really wanted to smack her one. Not a long read so only a little bit of smexing but it was lovely! :)
  • Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding (Coda Books, #6; Strawberries for Dessert, #2)
  • But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
  • Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2)
  • Dex in Blue (Johnnies, #2)
  • Dine & Dash (Cut & Run, #5.5)
  • Dead Run (Dangerous Ground, #4)
  • All or Nothing (Taking the Odds, #3)
  • If the Stars Fall (The Making of a Man, #5)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
1999187
Tere Michaels unofficially began her writing career at the age of four when she learned that people got paid to write stories. It seemed the most perfect and logical job in the world and after that, her path was never in question. (The romance writer part was written in the stars—she was born on Valentine’s Day.)

It took thirty-six years of “research” and “life experience” and well… life… before he
More about Tere Michaels...

Faith, Love & Devotion (6 books)
  • Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)
  • Love & Loyalty  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #2)
  • Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3)
  • Cherish & Blessed (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4 & #5)
  • Truth & Tenderness (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #6)

“I used to be an angry, lonely prick. Then I met a guy with four amazing kids and more issues than the Sports Illustrated back catalog and boom—happiness.”
“Boom, happiness?”
“Okay, boom. Boom. More booms. A mushroom cloud. Then happiness.”
10 likes
“Young love sucked. Old love wasn’t much easier, but at least you had some scar tissue built up around your heart to make it hurt a little less.” 6 likes