Start by marking “The Eyes of Abel” as Want to Read:

The Eyes of Abel

If truth stared you in the face but everyone called it a lie, would truth survive?

Pulitzer Prize winner Roger Charlin prepared for intense worldwide attention following publication of his next explosive exposé. It never crossed his mind that, instead, a seductive Israeli agent would lead him on a twisted roller coaster ride through the citadels of world power, energy resou
Published August 6th 2013 by West Hills Press (first published May 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Eyes of Abel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eyes of Abel

Adi
Jun 17, 2013 Adi rated it it was amazing
Eyes of Abel is a fast paced political thriller and much more. Jacobs, in his debut novel is able to hold the reader's attention by weaving together a love story, a "chase", and also speculating on a scientific breakthrough that will change the world's energy eco system.

Intertwined and hidden in this thriller is a political essay on the politics of the Middle East, big oil, and the role of the press in shaping public opinion, while sometimes serving political purposes.

This is an enjoyable, fast,
Udi Chatow
Jun 16, 2013 Udi Chatow rated it it was amazing
This book is a great thought provoking read. I consumed it from cover to end - nonstop reading in 4.5 hours. I think this speaks for itself. Definitely one of the best I read in the last decade!! Highly recommended! One of those books you can not stop reading till it ends and then hope that book number two will be out soon :)
J Abrams
Jun 17, 2013 J Abrams rated it it was amazing
Riveting. A page-turner. Blends fictional characters with Michener-like narrative. An enjoyable journey with a satisfying ending, highly recommend.
Miri
Jun 16, 2013 Miri rated it it was amazing
I know I'm not objective, but this really is a great read - captivating from start to finish!
Fran
Oct 15, 2013 Fran rated it it was amazing

The Eyes of Abel: Daniel Jacobs
Reviewed by Fran Lewis

The beauty of Israel, the warmth coming from the sun as it is about to set and the stillness in the air are the setting for the first scene in this novel. As Roger Charlin and Maya Cohen sit together, discussing their lives, his stories and their feelings about Israel, Palestine and more, something will shake the foundation they are sitting on. The horizon and landscape will explode within seconds as bombs fill the sky, hotels and buildings co
Hemantkumar Jain
Feb 26, 2017 Hemantkumar Jain rated it really liked it
Eyes of Abel is an international social-economic political thriller with a touch of environmental sciences

It touches upon the sensitive subject of Israel and its impact on the world as well as the impact the world has had on Israel. It touches upon the oil-economy and the heavy dependence of the world on oil/petroleum and how that is a political time bomb.

It touches upon airport security and how it has only created more terrorists while keeping us all safe from the next plane bombing. It touche
James Kent
Mar 21, 2017 James Kent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If only it was true!

What a great story, and one that leaves you hoping that there is some shred of possibility that real events would follow those described in this spellbinding book that will definitely leave you wanting more.
Lance
Feb 24, 2017 Lance rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding fiction that hits many topical iasues

An American journalist posing as an Iranian is interrogated by an Israeli security guard. Neither person is who they appear to me and they form an unlikely pair as both lovers and fighters who are trying to head off an unthinkable war in the Middle East.

That is the premise for this outstanding novel that is fast paced and touches on some of the biggest issues of our times. There is the development of an alternative source of energy, a massive ant
Julez Bourdeau
Jul 31, 2013 Julez Bourdeau rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this through the First-Reads program. As a University graduate in Honours English Literature, I try to give as many books and genres a chance to influence and conjure literary emotion. This book bored me to tears, and this is coming from someone who studied dead languages her last semester of University ;)

The writing is bland and the plot takes forever to develop. The political intrigue, chase, and attempt at a pathetic love story were overdone and ridiculous. This is another book attempt
Noga Niv
Sep 08, 2013 Noga Niv rated it it was amazing
I lovbed this book. I found it very intriging and realistic. It kept me engaged and involved. At times I felt tearful and at times I felt emotional, but mostly I was interested in the charachters journy. The book captures the main conflictual ideas between pro- Israelies and pro- Palestinians, and the many layers of this on going clash of the Middle East. Charlin, a young journalist character is going thru a personal and ideaological transfornmation. He falls in love with the Israeli female char ...more
Keith Wright
Jul 05, 2013 Keith Wright rated it it was amazing
The Eyes of Abel is as fast and furious as the F-16 fighter jet on the first page. You could call it a romance, you could call it a thriller - I call it a dam good read. I can not recommend it highly enough. If you are interested in the middle east situation it will open your eyes, if you are not then just enjoy a good book.
Daniel Jacobs
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I disclose that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Tracy
Jul 02, 2013 Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I wish I could give 3.5 stars, because this book is better than 3 but not quite 4 stars.

I received this book in a goodreads giveaway, in return for an honest review. I entered the giveaway because the book sounded interesting.
The story unfolds in the near future. The two main characters debate the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which stops the book from being one-sided. The other part of the story revolving around fusion energy and how its success will shape the future makes for interesting read
John Mccormick
Jul 30, 2013 John Mccormick rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable little read, only 193 pages even less when taking into account gaps at chapter endings, which I would describe as a slow burner, certainly not an unputdownable page turner. However at no point was it a struggle and I found the pace and interest quickened as it went along. Though I felt the ending seemed rushed and there was scope for more almost as if the author wanted to move onto something else.
This is a story of political intrigue, journalism, the middle east and love.
Th
Crystal
Aug 01, 2013 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: firstread
I received this book from the author to review as a first read, thank you it was appreciated.

I really liked the concept of this book, with international economics, politics, and media manipulation it has the makings of a great novel.

The first half was a solid 5 stars even though I didn't really relate to the characters.

The second half of the book felt more like political propaganda than a novel, and because of that you know basically what is going to happen and how it was going to end.

Still, a
Linda Lambert
Aug 12, 2013 Linda Lambert rated it really liked it
I have completed this novel by Daniel Jacobs. It is vividly clear that Jacobs is intimately acquainted with Israel and the Middle East. His perspectives are uniquely carved and represent points of view and events largely unknown outside of Israel. The woman protagonist, whom he describes as his wife in real life, embodies mystery, beauty, and brilliance--a combination that any woman would treasure. The male lead is a compelling character and has great promise for future novels as well.
I highly
Taresa
Jul 31, 2013 Taresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through the Good reads first reads program. It took me a few chapters to really get into the flow of the story, but it was worth sticking with. The author gave an interesting glimpse of possibilities that are based on energy creation and fuel consumption. There was plenty of action to keep my interest, but I found myself drawn to the mystery of Carlin's family. The way the pieces fell together so well by the conclusion made this book a worthwhile read.
Hilla Wahnishe
Jun 23, 2013 Hilla Wahnishe rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put the book down! I wanted to learn more about the Middle East conflict and had yet to find a book that could hold my attention - until this one... I love the combination of historical facts against the backdrop of such a thrilling tale. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about the political debate and the surprising role the media plays in influencing world affairs.

This book is just plain fun to read! Loved it!!
Tracey
I won this book through Goodreads first reads. I loved the book and Iread it in one sitting couldn't put it down I love mystery's and a love story. this add both it was an excellent read and I highly recommend it to anyone. It's a ripper of a story and great writing which you just cant put down. The characters all suit their role and are very likeable. Very glad I had the chance to read and feel very privileged I did. Don't miss out on and excellent journey of a great mystery love story.
Diogenes
May 29, 2016 Diogenes rated it liked it
Middle east tensions go extreme. An Israel-bashing journalist gets involved with an Israeli woman and his world turns upside-down. The apocalyptic nature of this book asks the reader to suspend reality - but specter of such an event actually happening is frightening and perhaps not that farfetched.
Micki Levin
This was one of the first read books I received and I enjoyed it a great deal, it is a fast moving espionage/love sorty which takes place in the near future in the Middle East. I could some of the dialouge about Israel and Palestine stalled and simplistic at time but overall it was an excellent read about what could, God forbid, happen in the near future.
Julie
Jul 25, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
Goodreads firstreads win - thank you! "...The eyes of Abel doesn't attempt to decide who is right and who is wrong in the Middle East's Arab-Israeli conflict as much as it questions how we look at it..." This sums it up so well - and I believe has implications on many issues and how they are interpreted by individuals.
Redvil
Feb 08, 2016 Redvil rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
A very interesting and compelling storyline, with added political and scientific intrigue...just what the book's tagline stated. Fusion for the win!!!

This book was acquired through Goodreads first-reads giveaway.
Sheree Roth
Jun 28, 2013 Sheree Roth rated it it was amazing
A mystery, a love story, an engrossing tale about what may finally tame one of the Middle East's most intractable troubles. "The Eyes of Abel" by Daniel Jacobs is a very engaging read!
Haim Paran
Jan 04, 2014 Haim Paran rated it it was amazing
Great book, I enjoyed very much
Gary
Jul 31, 2013 Gary rated it really liked it
Won this on Goodreads First Reader. Enjoyed it a lot a very descriptive writing about the middle east saga.
Cindy
Cindy rated it did not like it
Aug 28, 2013
Gail Roberts
Gail Roberts rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2017
John Johnson
John Johnson rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
carol ellis
carol ellis rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2017
Joseph Hamilton
Joseph Hamilton rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2017
Want to Read 2 3 Aug 27, 2013 10:11PM
  • Jumping
  • Harold the Princess Saving Dragon
  • The Princess & the Pepperoni Pizza
  • Ping: The Rescue of Eden
  • The Lives of Norman Mailer: A Biography
  • A Cowboy Comes Home (Colorado Cattle Barons, #1)
  • After Lermontov: Translations for the Bicentenary
  • A Deal with a Stranger: A Romantic/Mystery Novel Set in Sardinia
  • The Unknown Henry Miller: A Seeker in Big Sur
  • Have a Nice Weekend
  • The China Gambit (Craig Page, #1)
  • Peace
  • The Future Church: How Ten Trends are Revolutionizing the Catholic Church
  • Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox: Story with Instructional Song
  • Code Black
  • Swan Deception
  • Season of Change (A Harmony Valley Novel, #3)
  • I Believe You