Start by marking “Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)” as Want to Read:
Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall, #2)

Roping Your Heart (Riding Tall #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  486 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
The Cat Hayden returning to her childhood home after nineteen years is a different person, and a tragic accident has left her insecure about her appearance. But her heart is still filled with memories of the love she left behind… Blake McBride.

Blake recognizes Cat with his heart, a heart that never stopped loving her. But that heart was broken when she left so long ago. Ca
Published October 27th 2012 by Pink Zebra Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Roping Your Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roping Your Heart

SheLove2Read
Jun 17, 2013 SheLove2Read rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of "older" couples
Shelves: 2013
I liked this one much more than the first book in the series.

Cat and Blake were high school sweethearts, torn apart by what were at the time insurmountable obstacles for them both. The intervening years weren't the best for either of them: Cat was disfigured and almost killed during a savage attack by a horse she was rehabilitating, and Blake endured many years of an unhappy and loveless marriage. Fast forward 18 years - they meet again at a 4-H camp Cat is working at, unbeknownst to either of
✿-Anna-✿
There isn't much to say about this story except how incredible it is to think that you can leave the man you loved for almost 15 years, come back into his life, on the down low, and still have him love you as if you never left... that only happens in a romance. *giggles*

The romance between the main characters actually wasn't the main focus in the story between Cat and Blake actually... it was the fact that Blake's ex-wife wanted to take his daughter to live with her.

Even though the couple had t
Linda Strong
Jun 19, 2015 Linda Strong rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
It's a beautiful romance when Cat returns to her home town to take care of her ailing grandmother and runs into Blake McBride .... the boy she left behind so many years ago. Blake has never stopped loving Cat, but since she had left town without a look backwards, he's not sure he can trust her with his heart again.

They both have issues to overcome. He has a teenaged daughter whose mother abandoned them both. Cat has a disfiguring scar on her face that has left her so different from the happy gir
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Oct 29, 2012 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
Cat Hayden hasn't had an easy life. She grew up with two alcoholic parents. The only good thing about her childhood was being with Blake McBride but after finishing high school she wanted nothing more than to leave town and Blake wouldn't go with her so they broke up and she left on her own.

When she was 19 working working with a rancher on rehabilitating horses the horse turned on her broke many bones, cracked her skull and cheek. This required both brain surgery and extensive plastic surgery w
Judith
Nov 20, 2012 Judith rated it really liked it
There are myriads of novels about two lovers who have left one or the other behind, who come back in several years to re-ignite their relationship. But in this novella, Ms McCray brings together lovers after nearly two decades of time and distance, both of whom are now divorced, both of whom have wondered if love would ever find them, and both of whom still cherish what they shared in a deeply hidden part of their hearts. Now Cat and Blake re-unite as friends, as CPA (Cat) and client(Blake) as w ...more
Kameron
Mar 24, 2013 Kameron rated it it was amazing
A love like Blake and Cat's is rare. What's even rarer is finding it again after life has pulled a couple in two different directions.
I truly believe this story will touch many reader's hearts.
Some will relate to a "lost love".
Many have dealt with an ex, like Blake has, who is battling or battled a drug/alcohol addiction.
Countless people have or are in the middle of a divorce with a child involved.
But this story has what we all want in life...... A HAPPY ENDING. :)
Victoria
"It’s like no time has passed at all.”

She tilted her head to the side. “Even though I don’t look the same?”

He gave a slow nod. “It doesn’t matter a damned bit that you look a little different.”

“A little different?” She shook her head even as his words echoed in her mind. “You didn’t even recognize me.”

“You know that a part of me did.” He studied her eyes. “You’re just as beautiful as you ever were. You’re still KitCat to me.”

3.5+ RATING- I recently read my first Cheyenne McCray book and enjoyed
Nicole
I really liked this book. Good romance and backstory.
Angel
Jan 25, 2015 Angel rated it really liked it
Amanda
Jul 21, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I really liked this book and the characters as well as the whole story. The whole custody situation was great to read about and really brought a complicated situation that happens all to often to light.
This whole book had a pretty strong back story...all the different characters were very well fleshed out. I knew while reading the previous book in this series that I was going to like Blake's story and it didn't disappoint me one bit.
So far this has been my favorite...let's see what the next few
Syahira Sharif
Dec 09, 2012 Syahira Sharif rated it liked it
Roping Your Heart is one of the contemporary series about Cat who came back to her hometown for her grandmother after years of staying away from everyone including her teenage love, Blake whom she left for a better life, away from her miserable father. Scarred from an incident with a horse and from her miserable marriage which end with the tragic lost of her daughter. She came back to her old world and seemed to never remember why she wanted to leave in the first place when she sees Blake whom s ...more
Carey Decevito
Oct 17, 2013 Carey Decevito rated it really liked it
A wonderful story of love lost and rediscovered...possibly.

Cat Johnson, a former barrel racer, comes back home as a different person. Scarred both emotionally and physically, she tries to rebuild her life. Coming home should have been a good thing but she wasn't quite sure based on how she'd left it some 18 years before.

Blake couldn't believe his eyes when he discovers that the alluring yet also very familiar person that had been coaching his daughter was his long lost love, Cat Johnson.

Caught i
Betty
Feb 13, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing
Cat Hayden left her childhood home 19 years ago. Living with her alcoholic and abusive father had just become to much for her to handle. Blake McBride was the sweetheart that she broke up with and left behind. Now, 19 years later she has returned.
This is a wonderful story of second chances and a love that has refused to die. I enjoyed the story and the wonderful characters that brought the story to life. Well written and fairly fast paced. Well worth the read!
Joy Whiteside
Feb 21, 2014 Joy Whiteside rated it it was amazing
This was another amazing read by the fantastic Cheyenne McCray.

From the moment that I picked this book up, there was no putting it down until I was finished.

It moved along at an amazing pace, has characters that you fall in love with instantly and want to see happy no matter what, and a story that keeps you entertained and interested throughout.

Cheyenne McCray is a very talented author and I am looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.
Sheri
Dec 04, 2014 Sheri rated it really liked it
First love that lasted a lifetime. That's this story. When circumstances put them together again, it's like they were never apart. There's much more to the story than that, and it was a good read. The hero's daughter is a big part of the story, and I enjoyed that whole family aspect. It's a big part of the couple's conflict, and it worked really well. Very enjoyable. It's nice reading about a couple that's a bit older than the usual romance.
Alison Davies
Feb 17, 2015 Alison Davies rated it it was amazing
Cat had a hard life, her abusive father caused her to flee her hometown and the love of her life. 18yrs later after heartbreak and a serious accident, that scarred her for life.. she's back to take care of her sick grandmother,, when teaching the kids how to ride horses, she bumps into Blake, who's never stopped loving her, even when she walked out on him... I'm loving this series
Kumiko Lei  ~Lost In A Book~
This was decent. I will say, it surprised me. I wasn't planning on reading anymore in this series but I'm glad I did. I liked this one more than the first in the series. The characters in this one were more complex and more emotionally scarred.

I didn't notice a lot of overly descriptive details like in the first one and if they were there the story kept me from noticing.

I lean a little toward the vengeful side and didn't like the way Sally got away with all her sneaky, conniving bitchiness. The
Tali_KL
Nov 05, 2014 Tali_KL rated it liked it
Sweet if predictable story. Enjoyed the characters but wish they had a bit more depth. Would have been nice to see a bit more of the previous characters from the last book.
Katherine Bootie
Jul 14, 2014 Katherine Bootie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
It's nice to see a romance book where the main female character isn't perfect and lives the life of a normal person. Another quick read but definately worth it. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Syahira Sharif
Mar 02, 2014 Syahira Sharif rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rereading it. Actually, it isn't that bad this time round. I like the family drama more than the explicit parts.
Gerri
Mar 08, 2015 Gerri rated it really liked it
I think I am liking this McBride clan very much.
Denise Koopman
Oct 18, 2015 Denise Koopman rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so very much. It has been a very long time since I cried over a book. It was very romantic and filled with so much love for all the family. It was also heartbreaking, not to spoil the book but imagine a child that you thought for 14 years was tour's and come to find out she wasn't't and was taking from you. A real heartbreak and I loved the whole story from page 1 to the end. I would want all my friends to read these series if books. They are wonderful!
Peni
Dec 30, 2013 Peni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Recommended
Cat and Blake belong together. Due to decisions made at an early age, they are separated, as happens often in real life. This story shows where the lines between loving and caring for your loved one can get mixed up with our own desires and needs. Isn't loving, after all putting the loved one first trusting that they are doing the same? So ... is this a story ultimately about trusting or about true love? You decide. This story is definitly recommended.
Treasa Ryder
May 14, 2013 Treasa Ryder rated it it was amazing
Love this man.. Blake is soft and sexy and exciting and sees beyond what Cat feels she is. She has been through a lot and Blake takes things from where they left off all those years ago and runs with it. They are both still in love with one another and deny it and then when they admit it things took off. Then with Blake's daughter things were touch and go but Cat won her over and they made a great family.
Annelise
Jun 08, 2013 Annelise rated it liked it
It was a good read, there was just no rush. You know? Those times when you cant put down the book because you just need to read the next paragraph, then to the end of the chapter and before you know it, its 5 in the morning and you just finished the book before you need to shower for work. That rush!
Brittany
Feb 08, 2015 Brittany rated it it was amazing
This was a good book. It didn't really make sense in that it was the 2nd book of a series. This really could have been a stand alone story. I liked the action and romance in this book, but was somewhat disappointed that the sister's book wasn't the second story. Lucky for me the sister is book 3!
Shaz
Feb 07, 2015 Shaz rated it it was ok
Shelves: cowboys, m-f, 2015-botb
Not overly fussed with this book, it had so much potential to be an incredible story of second chance love. The ending felt like the author just threw it together, there was no real cohesion with the rest of the story, it was just tacked on the end as a quick wrap up.
Lori Meehan
Feb 09, 2014 Lori Meehan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
4.5*
I loved this book. This book was given to my by the author for a truthful review. The characters are wonderful and complex. You wil smile and cry through out this story. I can't wait for the next book in this series. I highly recommend this series.
Khenta
Nov 17, 2013 Khenta rated it it was ok
Entertaining read, just didn't like the many time jumps between the chapters, esp. towards the ending. Gave it a rushed and shortened feeling. Didn't like it as much as the first in the series, but will read the other novels.
Coachlady1
Nov 11, 2012 Coachlady1 rated it really liked it
Think I would've read this just for that damn hot cover alone YOWZA! Anyway, decent story, read it in one sitting, & of course the total hotness goin' on w/ Blake & Cat was, well, hot ;)
  • Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)
  • Ty's Temptation (Bad in Boots, #2)
  • Dylan  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #2)
  • Momentum (Buckin' Bull Riders, #3)
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Her Fated Cowboy: Cole (Harland County, #1)
  • Worth The Trouble (Texas Trouble, #9)
  • Endless Heart (Heart, #3)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • I'll See You in My Dreams (Hell Yeah!, #8)
  • Make Mine a Cowboy (Cowboy Dreamin', #1)
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Justice Healed (Cowboy Justice Association, #2)
  • Darn Good Cowboy Christmas (Spikes & Spurs, #3)
  • Short Rides (Rough Riders, #14.5)
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Riding Tall (10 books)
  • Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)
  • Fencing You In (Riding Tall, #3)
  • Tying You Down (Riding Tall, #4)
  • Playing with You (Riding Tall, #5)
  • Crazy for You (Riding Tall, #6)
  • Hot for You (Riding Tall, #7)
  • Made for You (Riding Tall, #8)
  • Held by You (Riding Tall, #9)
  • Belong to You (Riding Tall, #10)