Start by marking “The Little Mermaid Big Golden Book (Disney Princess)” as Want to Read:
The Little Mermaid Big Golden Book (Disney Princess)

The Little Mermaid Big Golden Book (Disney Dream Big Princess)

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  8,363 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
Ariel wants to be human and nothing—not even a nasty sea witch—is going to stop her. Girls ages 3–7 who are Disney Princess fans will love this beautiful hardcover storybook retelling of Disney The Little Mermaid, releasing on Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray October 2013!
Published July 23rd 2013 by Golden/Disney (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Little Mermaid Big Golden Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little Mermaid Big Golden Book

K.D. Absolutely
The Little Mermaid is one of the most famous fairy tales of Danish Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875). I am still to read the whole collection but I got a copy of this book as I try to buy a few children's books every payday for our outreach program for child literacy on May 25, 2013 to be held at the Museo Pambata. We will spend half a day to read three stories to children aged 4-8 from the financially-challenged families of Manila, we will also feed them and give them loot bags that contain s ...more
Waverly Nyx
Apr 07, 2017 Waverly Nyx rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.8*/5*
Debra
I like the Disney retelling of the classic fairy tales. They are kid friendly. They contain all the emotions of real life but manage to not be scary like some of the original fairy tales were. Ariel is unhappy living under the sea and wants to walk on land . She is fascinated by humans and then as fate would have it , she falls in love with one. There is plenty of evil in Ursela but there is soooo much love in everyone else.
A Wonderful Story.

I would have my students create an undersea world for
RLL22016_TeresaCamacho
I like myself
Krista Basilio
Ariel, a sixteen-year-old mermaid princess, is dissatisfied with life under the sea and curious about the human world. With her best fish friend Flounder, Ariel collects human artifacts and goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Scuttle the seagull, who offers very inaccurate and comical knowledge of human culture. Ignoring the warnings of her father (King Triton) and court musician (Sebastian, the crab) that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden (the sea's primary contact with hu ...more
Lynda
Nov 17, 2016 Lynda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Charming tale that parallel the movie in a "Big Golden Book" format with the words and illustrations from the film too. A favorite of my preschooler.
Simran
Mar 18, 2017 Simran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book ,loved it since childhood!
Heather Jo
Sep 10, 2016 Heather Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dharia Scarab
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
Racquel
Feb 03, 2015 Racquel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Bill Cipher
Oct 08, 2015 Bill Cipher rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Little Mermaid is a book that is about a mermaid named Ariel whose father was King Triton. Ariel wants to be a human to explore the human world. So she goes up and looks around. But then she realizes that the royal concert is about to begin, and she is late. King Triton then banishes her from the surface. But she finds a human in need and instantly falls in love with him. I'm pretty sure we've all seen the movie and know what happens at the end. I honestly read this book because I had like, ...more
Eleclyah
La sirenetta è stato il mio primo vero libro.

Avevo sei anni, e quel giorno mia mamma mi aveva portato per la prima volta nella piccola biblioteca del paese dove abitavo. Non sapevo dove guardare, non avevo idea di dove fossero i libri per bambini, e così la bibliotecaria mi accompagnò agli scaffali dove avrei potuto trovare qualcosa di bello per me. Scelsi questo libro, lo portai a casa e mi misi a leggere. Un'ora dopo lo avevo già finito!

Ah, che bei ricordi. È con La sirenetta che è iniziata la
lily:)
Dec 01, 2013 lily:) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney-movies
I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see 'um dancing, walking around on those... What do you call them? Oh, feet! Flipping your fins...

Just like anyone's ever said, Ariel is a problem. She drastically changes her body for a guy and even gives up what everyone praises her for. I can see it it's a sacrifice for someone you're sure close to, but Ariel didn't even know Eric! Speaking of, guess who puts the "eric" in "generic"? Haha!

Anyway, love the movie, not to fond of the protagoni
Clarcy
I read this as an app, and it was incredibly interactive and fun!
it is the classic Disney version of the Disney's "The Little Mermaid" and it follows the movie very closely. there was a lot of opportunity to interact with the text and the fish ad so forth. it played music from the movie and was definitely something that would keep a childs attention! there was so much you could do that enhanced the story and added to its charm and understanding. I enjoyed this and I would totally recommend it!
jacky
Nov 08, 2009 jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Just finished reading this aloud to Natalie. We had to do it in two sittings, but it will be a good length for when she is old enough to understand the story. The pictures were very close to those in the movie, though not quite as nice. The plot followed the movie as well. I wished there was more of Sebastian and a lot of the funny things were cut, but that makes sense for such a short book. It makes an okay bed time story or book to relive the movie, but wasn't excellent children's literature b ...more
April Washington
Nov 26, 2011 April Washington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although you think you are not notice believe me you are. One day your beauty will come to the surface and the love you seek will be right in front of you holding your hand for eternity. With all the finds in the sea you still look for happiness in other ways. Always and forever nomore searching the cold lonely sea for treasures to be because everything you need will be right there with you. Love is something like a beautiful voice saving a stranger on the seashore forever more.
Ana Raquel
Nov 30, 2014 Ana Raquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meus queridos leitores, voltar a ler estes clássicos que li durante a minha infância, tem sido deveras divertido.

Por isso, desafio-vos para que voltem a ler estes contos infantis.
Garanto-vos que vão passar bons momentos a recordar outros tantos da vossa infância :)

Particularmente fico fascinada com estas histórias; com a forma que o escritor cria o enredo, e constrói um desfecho sempre provido de uma moral/ensinamento.
Nirali
Mar 01, 2013 Nirali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was seriously the cutest movie ever'! I mean Ariel always wants to do something that pleases her father and loves to go on wonderful adventures and find and discover many things. When she meets the Prince she thinks she has made a remarkable discovery. She is a cute girl with many things to go for.
Gwen
Sep 24, 2016 Gwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clear, picture
This is a pretty long picture book, but it isn't overly wordy, making it a good transition toward chapter books. The illustrations are taken from the movie and are displayed mostly as big, beautiful two-page spreads, each with two or three sentences of text fitted nicely into an open space such as the sky or a wall.
Mel
Oct 06, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story behind the book is what really deserved the 5 stars. My aunt was going through some of my late grandfather's work room and found this book yesterday, still in a bag with the original receipt from 1991. We are guessing he bought me the book and forgot to give it to me. It means so much more to me now than it would have when I was 6! :')
Robert
Nov 25, 2011 Robert rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is another introduction to Disney characters books. Sigh . . . the story is not told, although the final page does offer something. This isn't my kind of thing.

This book and the others in the series were books Beetle used to keep in the car to read while we traveled. For that, I suppose it was okay.
Sasha Rivera
Dec 31, 2016 Sasha Rivera rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
me and my kids really enjoyed the colored pages of this wonderful book of the little mermaid. my daughter since i have purchased this book for her, hasn't stopped reading it and flipping though the pages on our kindle. a great read for family and children all around. with all the bright colors kids love it. the price isn't bad either. my daughter loves Ariel and Eric.
Annchan Maulana
Sep 24, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: musical, movie
it's about a litlle mermaid girl name Ariel that feel tired of living under the sea.

She wants to be human and walk on land and have some love story with the prince charming and oneday She gets her chance after making a deal with an evil sea witch.

but it turn to nitemare and sad story :(

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
Shawanda
Apr 08, 2008 Shawanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in the 5th grade its one of my first books. This book thought me abut love and how strong family is.

The Little Mermaid is about a young mermaid who father is a king she finds love but not under the see she. She falls in love with a human. She goes to the bad goes so she can get feet. When he human falls in love with the little
Veronica Widya
Oct 21, 2008 Veronica Widya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney
I like this story coz Ariel was verryyy me! dunno. But she's curious with life over the sea, and she got her dream, although there're many barricade.
hmm.. the most part that i dun like when Ursula pretend to be Ariel,ughh!
and when Eric choose Ursula because her voice. But still , at the last, he knows the truth! ^^
Kelli Novak
ISBN# 9780736421775

Ariel is a curious young mermaid. She likes to explore sunken ships, swim up to the surface, and learn all she can about the world above the sea. Children ages 2–5 will love finding out what happens when this Disney Princess falls in love with a human in the full-color Little Golden Book retelling of Disney The Little Mermaid
Aarati
Aug 10, 2012 Aarati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite picture book when I was a toddler. I still remember my dad growling the first line (with an appropriately fierce frown on his face, of course), "King Triton was losing his temper." The ridiculously large size of this book (17.5" x 11") meant that the illustrations were also blown up (i.e. the perfect size for toddlers who want to pretend they live under the sea!).
Lourdes Calleja
Jan 12, 2015 Lourdes Calleja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God, this was my favorite book when I was younger. Ariel was always my favourite Disney princess, I still love her and the story and I'm sixteen years old. I remember how fascinated I was with mermaids and how I would watch the DVD video almost night, this is what made my childhood so wonderful!
Amalie
Just three stars for this. Although the pictures were very close to those in the movie as well as the story, the book is not quite as nice. Ariel is the most free-spirited of Disney princesses! She's the teenager daughter you'd not like to have in real life :)
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
I have always loved The Little Mermaid, and when I first got this book I became the happiest person in the world. Ariel has been such a huge part of my childhood and she always will be. This is one of my most favorite books even though I am older. I will always love the Little Mermaid!
  • Winnie The Pooh And The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • Clifford The Firehouse Dog
  • Disney's the Lion King
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
  • The Lion King: A little Golden Book
  • Curious George Goes to the Beach
  • The Three Bears
  • Sleeping Beauty (Disney Princess, 5)
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Pinocchio
  • The Honey Tree (Little Golden Book)
  • The Three Little Pigs
  • Bears on Wheels
  • The Three Little Pigs (Disney Classic)
  • The Gingerbread Man
  • The Country Mouse and the City Mouse; The Fox and the Crow; The Dog and His Bone
  • What a Bad Dream (Little Critter)
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney Dream Big Princess (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Story of Snow White
  • Cinderella: The Story of Cinderella
  • Sleeping Beauty: The Story of Aurora
  • Beauty and the Beast: The Story of Belle
  • Pocahontas: The Story of Pocahontas
  • Mulan (Disney Princess)
  • The Princess and the Frog: The Story of Tiana