Start by marking “Billy and Me” as Want to Read:
Billy and Me

Billy and Me (Billy and Me #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,005 Ratings  ·  770 Reviews
Sophie May has a secret.

One that she’s successfully kept for years. It’s meant that she’s had to
give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay
in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop.

But then she meets the gorgeous Billy – an actor with ambitions to make
it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisk
Published May 23rd 2013 by Michael Joseph (Penguin UK)

The Book Thief by Markus ZusakBilly and Me by Giovanna FletcherOne Day by David NichollsStargirl by Jerry SpinelliThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Carrie Hope Fletchers's Recommended Books
2nd out of 35 books — 35 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenGirl Online by Zoe SuggPaper Towns by John GreenThe Amazing Book is Not on Fire by Dan HowellLooking for Alaska by John Green
Youtubers and Books
37th out of 79 books — 558 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Hiscocks
Jun 26, 2013 Jessica Hiscocks rated it it was ok
Bleurgh. This book really isn't very good. I'm sure the author is lovely and sweet but this is one of the worst chick lit books I've read in a while. Here's why...

I'm not quite sure I liked one single character, especially not Billy. He was absolutely ridiculous - always cheerful, making stupidly boring/supposedly funny comments and as for the 'throw the head back' laugh?! Good god. He sounds like the most boring man of all time. Sophie was almost as bad, a spoilt over sensitive brat who you 'ju
Amber
Aug 09, 2013 Amber rated it did not like it
Gonna keep this short and sweet. I wanted to like this, I really did. But it felt like nothing more than a grammatically correct fan fiction.
There was no depth to any of the characters, bar a SLIGHT insight into Sophie's past.
Sophie and Billy's relationship escalated within pages and the book on a whole was fast paced, rushed and would sit best in the young adult section of a book shop at best.
Inge
Hnnng, I wanted to like this book so, so bad. I want to like Fletcher's books so much. I love the Fletcher family and I love their YouTube videos, but whenever it comes to her books, it just doesn't work for me. I'm sorry.

Billy and Me kind of felt like reading a fanfiction a lot of us dream up before going to bed. Don't deny it, you do it, too. If I had a dollar for all the times I've fantasised about walking a red carpet with Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hiddleston, Robert Pattinson, or whoever ti
Barbara Elsborg
Aug 02, 2013 Barbara Elsborg rated it did not like it
I'm sorry. I can see I'm out of kilter with most readers on this but this book just didn't work for me. Waitress and film star fall in love - that's fine. I use that too in one of my books. But this film star is just too good to be true. He's constantly smiling and laughing, using out of kilter phrases for his age, and is just so sweet that I couldn't believe in him. Yet I guess he's why the book appeals to so many. We all want film stars/pop stars to be lovely people and fall in love with ordin ...more
Bookevin
May 13, 2013 Bookevin rated it it was amazing
Originally on I Heart.. Chick Lit (www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com)
First stop of the BILLY AND ME BLOG TOUR!

What I thought about it:
BILLY AND ME HAS TO BE THE BEST DEBUT NOVEL FOR ME SO FAR. OK, so sorry for the shouty pointy capital letters, but you get my point, right? Have you ever woke up after finishing a book and feeling really satisfied but completely thrown that you have finished it already? Yup, that was how I felt!

Gorgeous cover, check. Exciting, intriguing plot. Check. What more do y
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
Really easy and cute to read! A slightly predictable story, and I did find myself getting irritated by Sophie's mentality towards Billy's acting commitments, but still enjoyable. Not overly romantic or dramatic, just a simple slice-of-life!
Louise
Oct 10, 2013 Louise rated it it was ok
Where do I start with Billy and Me? I picked up this book from the library because I love Gi, I think she's lovely and incredibly talented. But let's just say I'm glad I didn't buy it.

This book had a plot that, written well, could've been really good. However, the characters were awful. By halfway through the book I was shouting at Sophie May (for example: 'I wish you were real so I could punch you in the face'), she was completely over sensitive to any situation and spun round any situation to
Lucy Shiels
Apr 13, 2014 Lucy Shiels rated it did not like it
This book was awful and the only reason I finished it was because I am a firm believer in finishing a book no matter what. I did come very close to breaking my rule with this one though.
The characters were unlikeable, I found Sophie to be spoilt and pathetic and any girl who thinks that Billy could be lovable or a "perfect boyfriend" needs to have a reality check. I was annoyed by the fact that Sophie claimed that she wanted her independence and seemed like a hard-working knows-what-she-wants g
Sophie
Mar 09, 2013 Sophie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I’ll be honest; I was always going to be biased towards this book because it’s by Gi. When Gi announced that she had been writing I couldn’t have been more excited, and the blurb sounded awesome. And, being utterly honest, I adored it. I devoured most of the book on the train and the rest in a coffee shop, which was an error, because I was practically in tears as I came to a close.

The twists and turns of the novel were fantastic, and I loved the characters of Sophie, and Billy too. Sophie was a
Sandra
Mar 09, 2013 Sandra marked it as to-read
Hehe... Is it wrong that I pre ordered this just because she's Tom Fletcher's wife?
Can't wait to read it.
Lúcia Collischonn
Jul 29, 2013 Lúcia Collischonn rated it really liked it
Well, to start with, I was deadly anxious to have this book in my hands for long. It took more than a month to arrive here in Brazil (hello, efficient post!) and less than 24 hours for me to read it. Let me just explain it all, and you’ll understand what I mean.
Tom was my favourite McFly and inspired me a little every day. Giovanna was, at first, his cute and somewhat mysterious girlfriend. With her gradually being more active on twitter and tumblr, I started to develop an admiration for her whi
Megan Readinginthesunshine
May 15, 2013 Megan Readinginthesunshine rated it it was amazing
Sophie May lives in her little village. Rather than travelling the world or setting off to university excitedly with friends, Sophie has instead stayed in the village of Rosefont Hill, living with her mum and spending her days working at the local teashop. The main reason for this is that Sophie May has a secret she’s been keeping. One day she meets the handsome Billy Buskin – an actor with high ambitions in his life, and as they fall in love, Sophie is pulled away from her village life and thru ...more
Kirsty
Jun 03, 2015 Kirsty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
I enjoyed this book for what it was, a girly light read. I enjoyed it more as an audible than when I attempted to read it on my kindle I think this is because it flowed better and was easy for me to listen to whilst working than staring at a screen not really feeling it.
The blurb starts by saying "Sophie May has a secret" this is what drew me to the book I felt it might possibly be a little different to other Chick Lit but unfortunately the "secret" was a little disappointing for me to read. It
Fenia
OMG G!! You are a genius!! I did NOT expect that one to be so good!! WOW. I picked it up because McFly (they're a band) are my all,my life,my reason of existing ,and stuff like that, for ten years now. And Giovanna has been a part of the family and i just love that girl so much!!! She's Tom's wife (Tom is from McFly). i'll spare you the gory details of my obsession with the Fletcher family and McFly, and i'll get on with my book review which is why you're reading this probably xD

'Billy and Me'
Anna
May 23, 2013 Anna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
To be completely honest, my expectations weren't very high for this book. I adore Giovanna, but how often are debut novels really brilliant? I haven't come across many.

However, I really, really enjoyed this. I had absolutely no clue what it was about when I picked it up and I was really impressed with the story line. After a few chapters I was expecting it to be another cozy, tea drinking, cake eating, English countryside fantasy. Those can be great, but also quite flat and not exactly the ones
Yarden136
Oct 15, 2014 Yarden136 rated it it was amazing
HFAJFLKDLFJEI84D2DE9I4!!!! Ahhhhh!!! so many feelings!!!
I really thought that from all the books in the world, this one won't make me cry, but it did.
It's a beautiful well written story.
To be honest, I could have seen what's going to happen most of the times, but I still enjoyed every bit of the book. I loved the characters and everything about them.
There were times I felt Sophie was being overreacting, though.

Anyway, if you look for a cute love story that will make you smile or cry (depends in
Lucy Ashton
Mar 09, 2013 Lucy Ashton rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: first-reads
Beautifully written with an amazing story line. Read in less than 24 hours - couldn't put it down! Would class 'Billy and Me' as one of my favourite books of all time. Definitely one to read again and again, it's a must-buy!
Was so happy to win this as a first-read and was excited at the possibility of it arriving every day, make sure you've pre-ordered 'Billy and Me' to get it on 23rd May!
Well Done Gi!
Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA)
Feb 11, 2013 Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA) rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Oh my god this sounds so amazing!! I can't wait to read what Giovanna (wife of one of the best musicians ever Tom Fletcher) has written.
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Hmm, so the hype up to the release of this book has been so major that I'm feeling a little deflated now I have read it. I'm actually in two minds whether I liked it or not. I mean I did, but I didn't!! Weird hey?!

As you're aware the plot follows shy, insecure, tea shop working, Sophie May falling in love and being swept off her feet by teen Heartthrob and actor Billy Buskin.

The book is very thorough, there's nothing missing and everything's clear. This allows you to just relax and let your imag
Erin
Oct 28, 2013 Erin rated it liked it
I will be honest, one of the main reasons I picked this up was because it was written by Tom from Mcfly's wife, bit of a daft reason for buying a book I know, but loads of girls (without offending any guys that have bought it!) will have picked it up for the same reason. I really liked the cover, it looked interesting and the usual for what I would normally choose when picking a book. This is Giovanna's first novel, so wasn't at all sure what to expect. Reading the blurb I was quite intrigued as ...more
Agnes Sy
Apr 02, 2014 Agnes Sy rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned-books
Let me just flat out say that this book was incredibly cheesy. And not even in a good way! I was incredibly excited to get a copy of this, but I am extremely disappointed! There was no substance in this book at all.

Most importantly, there was no chemistry between Billy and Sophie. The author just chucked them out there, expecting us to work out their relationship, without even making an effort to make it work. Despite all the I love yous and I need yous being thrown around, it just didn't work.
Julie Eilén
Aug 07, 2015 Julie Eilén rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, i-own-it
As a teenager, I always thought that the ultimate thing in life would be to have a celebrity fall in love with me. I don't know how many hours I've spent daydreaming about randomly bumping into my favourite celebrity and it being love at first sight. He would sweep me away from my boring life and we'd live happily ever after in his exciting world. At 22, I realize how completely unrealistic this is, but even so, I find myself thinking, what if?

What first grasped me about this book is how easily
Alie
Mar 19, 2013 Alie rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely incredible.

At first, like others, I thought I was bound to be biased because it's by Gi, but from reading the very first page, that wasn't the case. I read Billy and Me as if I would read a book written by anyone, and I absolutely loved it.

The plot is beautiful and will have you laughing and crying in different places. The book is written incredibly well, each sentence describes exactly what is going on in such detail that you can see the whole story playing in your head
Honeypie
Dec 07, 2014 Honeypie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I am probably one of the lot who read this book because Giovanna Fletcher is the wife of Tom Fletcher. Tom Fletcher is the lead vocals (?) of the band, McFly. I didn't even know McFly, until last year, when a friend shared with me a link of Tom's "wedding speech". It was sooooooo sweet. And now I'm following both Tom and Giovanna on Instagram, I'm listening to some of McFly's songs (I started with the "Greatest Hits" album, haha!) and I'm reading up on Giovanna's books. :))

Anyway, on the book. I
Nikki
Mar 12, 2013 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Absolutely loved this book!

Strong character development meant characters were easily adored and the storyline leaves you wanting more! I enjoyed a sneak peak into celeb life and the story had me laughing, crying and longing for a happy ending!

A fantastic debut novel which I'll be recommending to all my friends! Thank you to good reads and Penguin Books for my advanced copy! Look forward to reading more of Giovanna's work.
Sheerie
Jun 21, 2014 Sheerie rated it really liked it
Do wish there was half a star...,it would be 4.5 from me. What a great debut novel! Yes this ticks my boxes for chick lit and escapism. Sophie May has had a troubled start in life as a young girl at school but finds herself and blossoms when Molly gives her a job in a quaint little village tea rooms.
Nearby a film crew are making a film and yes, her world collides with a major film star who she is totally oblivious to. Can top rated actors be "normal", well Sophie May brings out the very best in
Julie Cohen
A fun, light-hearted read about what happens when a shy girl falls in love with a famous actor. I liked the insider view of the film industry, and what it's like to be targeted by the tabloids.
Stacey
Apr 19, 2014 Stacey rated it it was ok
As much as I wanted to like this book, I really found it hard to.

Now Romance Fiction has never really been my thing so that may have something to do with why I did not enjoy reading Billy and Me but I suspect it also had something more to do with the fact that I felt the story did not seem realistic with a lot of the character's actions not making sense.
Waitress Sophie moves in with her new film star boyfriend, Billy far too quickly and then proceeds to spend the entire time moping about the f
Anna (BooksandBookends)
Apr 04, 2016 Anna (BooksandBookends) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this gorgeous romance! I was desperately in need for some relaxation and this book ticked all of the right boxes. I loved Giovanna's writing style and after reading this subsequently read two more of her novels. I really liked Sophie as a protagonist and enjoyed how her story was gradually revealed tantalisingly slowly as the story progressed. The only criticism I had with the story was how Sophie reacted to situations. She would be fine one minute with Billy being in ...more
Grace
Jan 23, 2016 Grace rated it liked it
*** 3/5 Stars

I went into this book with the rare insight of ‘knowing’ the author, something which was a completely new experience for me. Gi Fletcher has become a bit of a sensation on YouTube with thanks to the ‘Dear…’ videos started by her, her husband Tom Fletcher and sister in Law Carrie Hope Fletcher.

This meant that I really wanted to love this book, and in many respects it didn’t disappoint, yet in a few it still fell flat… But I still think Gi has a lot of potential…

I think this lack of
  • By My Side
  • Q
  • Calling Mrs Christmas
  • A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
  • About a Girl (A Girl, #1)
  • The Longest Holiday
  • Country Loving (Talyton St George, #7)
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
  • A Walk In The Park
  • Take A Look At Me Now
  • Party Games
  • There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
  • A Vintage Christmas
Giovanna grew up in Essex with her Italian dad Mario, mum Kim, big sister Giorgina and little brother Mario, and spent most of her childhood talking to herself (it seems no one wanted to listen) or reading books.

At thirteen she left Essex behind to attend the full-time Sylvia Young Theatre School, where she met her husband Tom Fletcher. Following SYTS she completed an acting BA (hons) at Rose Bruf
More about Giovanna Fletcher...

Billy and Me (2 books)