Start by marking “Billy and Me” as Want to Read:
Billy and Me

Billy and Me

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  3,883 ratings  ·  568 reviews
Sophie May has a secret.

One that she’s successfully kept for years. It’s meant that she’s had to
give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay
in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop.

But then she meets the gorgeous Billy – an actor with ambitions to make
it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisk
Published May 23rd 2013 by Michael Joseph (Penguin UK)

Jessica Hiscocks
Bleurgh. This book really isn't very good. I'm sure the author is lovely and sweet but this is one of the worst chick lit books I've read in a while. Here's why...

I'm not quite sure I liked one single character, especially not Billy. He was absolutely ridiculous - always cheerful, making stupidly boring/supposedly funny comments and as for the 'throw the head back' laugh?! Good god. He sounds like the most boring man of all time. Sophie was almost as bad, a spoilt over sensitive brat who you 'ju
Amber
Gonna keep this short and sweet. I wanted to like this, I really did. But it felt like nothing more than a grammatically correct fan fiction.
There was no depth to any of the characters, bar a SLIGHT insight into Sophie's past.
Sophie and Billy's relationship escalated within pages and the book on a whole was fast paced, rushed and would sit best in the young adult section of a book shop at best.
Barbara Elsborg
I'm sorry. I can see I'm out of kilter with most readers on this but this book just didn't work for me. Waitress and film star fall in love - that's fine. I use that too in one of my books. But this film star is just too good to be true. He's constantly smiling and laughing, using out of kilter phrases for his age, and is just so sweet that I couldn't believe in him. Yet I guess he's why the book appeals to so many. We all want film stars/pop stars to be lovely people and fall in love with ordin ...more
Kevin I Heart.. Chick Lit
Originally on I Heart.. Chick Lit (www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com)
First stop of the BILLY AND ME BLOG TOUR!

What I thought about it:
BILLY AND ME HAS TO BE THE BEST DEBUT NOVEL FOR ME SO FAR. OK, so sorry for the shouty pointy capital letters, but you get my point, right? Have you ever woke up after finishing a book and feeling really satisfied but completely thrown that you have finished it already? Yup, that was how I felt!

Gorgeous cover, check. Exciting, intriguing plot. Check. What more do y
louise
Where do I start with Billy and Me? I picked up this book from the library because I love Gi, I think she's lovely and incredibly talented. But let's just say I'm glad I didn't buy it.

This book had a plot that, written well, could've been really good. However, the characters were awful. By halfway through the book I was shouting at Sophie May (for example: 'I wish you were real so I could punch you in the face'), she was completely over sensitive to any situation and spun round any situation to
Lucy Shiels
This book was awful and the only reason I finished it was because I am a firm believer in finishing a book no matter what. I did come very close to breaking my rule with this one though.
The characters were unlikeable, I found Sophie to be spoilt and pathetic and any girl who thinks that Billy could be lovable or a "perfect boyfriend" needs to have a reality check. I was annoyed by the fact that Sophie claimed that she wanted her independence and seemed like a hard-working knows-what-she-wants g
Sophie
I’ll be honest; I was always going to be biased towards this book because it’s by Gi. When Gi announced that she had been writing I couldn’t have been more excited, and the blurb sounded awesome. And, being utterly honest, I adored it. I devoured most of the book on the train and the rest in a coffee shop, which was an error, because I was practically in tears as I came to a close.

The twists and turns of the novel were fantastic, and I loved the characters of Sophie, and Billy too. Sophie was a
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Sophie May lives in her little village. Rather than travelling the world or setting off to university excitedly with friends, Sophie has instead stayed in the village of Rosefont Hill, living with her mum and spending her days working at the local teashop. The main reason for this is that Sophie May has a secret she’s been keeping. One day she meets the handsome Billy Buskin – an actor with high ambitions in his life, and as they fall in love, Sophie is pulled away from her village life and thru ...more
Sandra
Mar 09, 2013 Sandra marked it as to-read
Hehe... Is it wrong that I pre ordered this just because she's Tom Fletcher's wife?
Can't wait to read it.
Fenia
OMG G!! You are a genius!! I did NOT expect that one to be so good!! WOW. I picked it up because McFly (they're a band) are my all,my life,my reason of existing ,and stuff like that, for ten years now. And Giovanna has been a part of the family and i just love that girl so much!!! She's Tom's wife (Tom is from McFly). i'll spare you the gory details of my obsession with the Fletcher family and McFly, and i'll get on with my book review which is why you're reading this probably xD

'Billy and Me'
Natalie aka: PajamaBookGirl
Hmm, so the hype up to the release of this book has been so major that I'm feeling a little deflated now I have read it. I'm actually in two minds whether I liked it or not. I mean I did, but I didn't!! Weird hey?!

As you're aware the plot follows shy, insecure, tea shop working, Sophie May falling in love and being swept off her feet by teen Heartthrob and actor Billy Buskin.

The book is very thorough, there's nothing missing and everything's clear. This allows you to just relax and let your im
Lúcia Collischonn
Well, to start with, I was deadly anxious to have this book in my hands for long. It took more than a month to arrive here in Brazil (hello, efficient post!) and less than 24 hours for me to read it. Let me just explain it all, and you’ll understand what I mean.
Tom was my favourite McFly and inspired me a little every day. Giovanna was, at first, his cute and somewhat mysterious girlfriend. With her gradually being more active on twitter and tumblr, I started to develop an admiration for her whi
Erin
I will be honest, one of the main reasons I picked this up was because it was written by Tom from Mcfly's wife, bit of a daft reason for buying a book I know, but loads of girls (without offending any guys that have bought it!) will have picked it up for the same reason. I really liked the cover, it looked interesting and the usual for what I would normally choose when picking a book. This is Giovanna's first novel, so wasn't at all sure what to expect. Reading the blurb I was quite intrigued as ...more
Anna
To be completely honest, my expectations weren't very high for this book. I adore Giovanna, but how often are debut novels really brilliant? I haven't come across many.

However, I really, really enjoyed this. I had absolutely no clue what it was about when I picked it up and I was really impressed with the story line. After a few chapters I was expecting it to be another cozy, tea drinking, cake eating, English countryside fantasy. Those can be great, but also quite flat and not exactly the ones
Yarden136
HFAJFLKDLFJEI84D2DE9I4!!!! Ahhhhh!!! so many feelings!!!
I really thought that from all the books in the world, this one won't make me cry, but it did.
It's a beautiful well written story.
To be honest, I could have seen what's going to happen most of the times, but I still enjoyed every bit of the book. I loved the characters and everything about them.
There were times I felt Sophie was being overreacting, though.

Anyway, if you look for a cute love story that will make you smile or cry (depends in
Lucy Ashton
Mar 09, 2013 Lucy Ashton rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Shelves: first-reads
Beautifully written with an amazing story line. Read in less than 24 hours - couldn't put it down! Would class 'Billy and Me' as one of my favourite books of all time. Definitely one to read again and again, it's a must-buy!
Was so happy to win this as a first-read and was excited at the possibility of it arriving every day, make sure you've pre-ordered 'Billy and Me' to get it on 23rd May!
Well Done Gi!
Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA)
Oh my god this sounds so amazing!! I can't wait to read what Giovanna (wife of one of the best musicians ever Tom Fletcher) has written.
Julie Eilén
As a teenager, I always thought that the ultimate thing in life would be to have a celebrity fall in love with me. I don't know how many hours I've spent daydreaming about randomly bumping into my favourite celebrity and it being love at first sight. He would sweep me away from my boring life and we'd live happily ever after in his exciting world. At 22, I realize how completely unrealistic this is, but even so, I find myself thinking, what if?

What first grasped me about this book is how easily
Alie
This book is absolutely incredible.

At first, like others, I thought I was bound to be biased because it's by Gi, but from reading the very first page, that wasn't the case. I read Billy and Me as if I would read a book written by anyone, and I absolutely loved it.

The plot is beautiful and will have you laughing and crying in different places. The book is written incredibly well, each sentence describes exactly what is going on in such detail that you can see the whole story playing in your head
Honeypie
I am probably one of the lot who read this book because Giovanna Fletcher is the wife of Tom Fletcher. Tom Fletcher is the lead vocals (?) of the band, McFly. I didn't even know McFly, until last year, when a friend shared with me a link of Tom's "wedding speech". It was sooooooo sweet. And now I'm following both Tom and Giovanna on Instagram, I'm listening to some of McFly's songs (I started with the "Greatest Hits" album, haha!) and I'm reading up on Giovanna's books. :))

Anyway, on the book. I
Nikki
Absolutely loved this book!

Strong character development meant characters were easily adored and the storyline leaves you wanting more! I enjoyed a sneak peak into celeb life and the story had me laughing, crying and longing for a happy ending!

A fantastic debut novel which I'll be recommending to all my friends! Thank you to good reads and Penguin Books for my advanced copy! Look forward to reading more of Giovanna's work.
Sheerie
Do wish there was half a star...,it would be 4.5 from me. What a great debut novel! Yes this ticks my boxes for chick lit and escapism. Sophie May has had a troubled start in life as a young girl at school but finds herself and blossoms when Molly gives her a job in a quaint little village tea rooms.
Nearby a film crew are making a film and yes, her world collides with a major film star who she is totally oblivious to. Can top rated actors be "normal", well Sophie May brings out the very best in
Julie Cohen
A fun, light-hearted read about what happens when a shy girl falls in love with a famous actor. I liked the insider view of the film industry, and what it's like to be targeted by the tabloids.
Stacey
As much as I wanted to like this book, I really found it hard to.

Now Romance Fiction has never really been my thing so that may have something to do with why I did not enjoy reading Billy and Me but I suspect it also had something more to do with the fact that I felt the story did not seem realistic with a lot of the character's actions not making sense.
Waitress Sophie moves in with her new film star boyfriend, Billy far too quickly and then proceeds to spend the entire time moping about the f
Tori
Dec 04, 2014 Tori rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Loves of down to earth romance
Recommended to Tori by: Emma and Kim
4.5 stars - for reasons I shall outline :p

A beautiful and romantic debut novel from Gi Fletcher!

'There is something about about the life of a flower and its brief beauty that has always transfixed me - all its energy went into blooming. For that one moment they'd be beautiful and close to perfection - but as soon as that moment passed, they'd start to shrivel away almost instantly.'

The story follow the life of self confessed recluse and book nerd - Sophie May .... The story had me at book nerd
Isadora Cal
This book is a fanfiction. Actually, the first half of it. And that's why I read half of it actually enjoying it - I love fanfics. But even for a fanfic it was boring. Then I forced myself to read the other half and ugh. It is such a sexist and moralist book!
So this is basically how it goes: Sophie (who does not have a secret. Really. I guess this was just marketing, because when you find out what it is - actually you already knew from chapter 1 - you get so freaking disappointed) is a very norm
Aisyah Samuin
Billy, Billy, Billy..

How should I start this? I guess I'm going to be as cliche as the majority of the reviewers here that the major reason I picked this book up was because of the author's relation to one of my favourite band of all time (after Busted, that is... I kid, I kid)

Well, I literally just finished the book a few miliseconds ago and just could not put this review thought off. As this is Giovanna's debut novel, I didn't expect to be so engrossed in it. But I did. And I enjoyed it tremen
Mandy Rosas
I’ve read quite a few books about the girl who falls in love with the rich, super-hot guy, and then their struggle to make their relationship work. My favourite famous-guy will always be Kellan Kyle, but Billy was great (despite his rather unfortunate name… which grew on me as the book went on), as far as egotistically inclined super-famous and ridiculously rich men go.

I really enjoyed the book, and it was an easy read throughout. Sophie was like a breath of fresh air after so many weak-willed,
Jessica (Jess Hearts Books)
Billy and Me is a debut novel full of charm and sparkle about an ordinary, shy, young woman from a quaint English village falling in love with a famous actor. There are countless books out there on this subject but what really made me want to check this book out is that the book is written by a lady who knows this subject all too well with author Giovanna Fletcher being married to Tom Fletcher from McFly. Knowing this I was immediately interested in giving this book a go and I’m so glad that I d ...more
Hannah (Jaedia)
Originally posted on my blog Once Upon A Time.

I picked up Billy and Me after I had finished a fantastic book and was looking for something that could follow it. I made my usual piles of potentially good reads and started reading first paragraphs when I realised I'd inadvertently read the entire introduction of Billy and Me which pretty much secured it as my next read. Here we have a heroine who grew up with Tiny Tears dolls, Mr Blobby and the Spice Girls but became shy and withdrawn around the a
  • McFly - Unsaid Things... Our Story
  • The Tiny Wife
  • Happy Ever After: 3 book bind-up
  • There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
  • Happily Ever After
  • The Wish List
  • Q
  • About a Girl (A Girl, #1)
  • By My Side
  • Leftovers
  • Cupcakes at Carrington's
  • Just For Christmas
  • A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger
Giovanna grew up in Essex with her Italian dad Mario, mum Kim, big sister Giorgina and little brother Mario, and spent most of her childhood talking to herself (it seems no one wanted to listen) or reading books.

At thirteen she left Essex behind to attend the full-time Sylvia Young Theatre School, where she met her husband Tom Fletcher. Following SYTS she completed an acting BA (hons) at Rose Bruf
More about Giovanna Fletcher...
You're the One That I Want Christmas With Billy and Me Sternenküsse: Roman