Start by marking “The Wolf's Captive (BDSM Bacchanal, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wolf's Captive (BDSM Bacchanal, #2)

The Wolf's Captive (BDSM Bacchanal #2)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  271 ratings  ·  21 reviews
It's the raunchy, decadent holiday of Bacchanal, and Lucia Lyselle is just hoping to make it through intact. But then her father is arrested, and Lucia is held captive by the brutal Lord Cesare Lupin. She'll have to submit to Lord Cesare's sexual domination for the duration of the Bacchanal if she hopes to win her father's freedom. But she doesn't expect to fall in love - ...more
Published April 19th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf's Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf's Captive

Lady Raven RAVE!
Story: GOOD
Intimacy: GOOD
Enjoyment: FAIR
Length: 3288 kindle
Paranormal Erotica / BDSM

I was a bit intrigued by the author's book Sold to the Sheikh (BDSM Erotic Romance) (Club Volare), so I decided to try The Wolf's Captive. Although I have given the author three stars on both books, there is something about this author's work that gravitates me to her. She writes what I like but I haven't found that book that fully gives me everything, but I know its there. I decided to read The Wolf's Captive an
Temple
Chloe Cox has given us a story based on mythological times. Lucia, the young virgin, believes she has to sacrifice herself to save her father. Of course she fears the person she must give herself to. Enter the "wolf" Lord Cesare Lupin. A Duke's fearless son who will one day rule the city - unless one of the many plots to kill the family off survives. All of this is occurring during the Bacchanal (which in mythology (in my opinion) is one big excuse for an orgy). In the end they save each other. ...more
Charlotte Cyprus
Yes, yes, we get it. Lupin means wolf.

I didn’t like how they were just suddenly in love with each other and the entire treason plot was SO overly complicated and then it boiled down to basically nothing. I think the story lacked a bit. It just wasn’t all it set out to be. It could have been better.

This is marketed as “BDSM” but it was pretty tame. I think doing stuff in public was the most risqué they got.

I did enjoy the absurdity of it. (The whole thing takes place during a week of orgies, bas
Debb
I started reading this book...excited after reading the description and to say I was dissapointed is an understatement. I love PNR but felt it was 'light' on the PRN... just that part of the story was not expanded upon enough for my liking. I also couldn't connect with the character's at all and considering the setting the steam factor was pretty tame.
Lace
Enjoyable, some shivering episodes. Would like the story to last a little longer. The end of the story seemed a bit contrived. I read this book after Sold to the Sheikh, which was very satisfying. The Wolf's Captive dropped me off a cliff.
Jody
4.5
I seriously enjoyed this book. There is something to be said for the submissive who knows there is something they are missing. It wasn't so much a BDSM story as it was a look into the evolution of two people who really just compliment each other wholly. She was never truly overwhelmed by what she had to do, she just knew it was what she really wanted to do. For her. That's strength of character. Yes it's a love story, and a potent one with a submissive and a dominant who honestly could never
Christy
I enjoyed it immensely. Completely in love with this world Chloe Cox has created. Hopefully there will be more from this series!!!!
Karen
Aug 25, 2013 Karen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: BDSM fans
It's 4.5 stars and could have been so much more.

I want to have my own Cesare with every kink in tact. This was a hot read with a story I could enjoy as well.

It is Bacchanal in J'Amel and Lucia is going to experience it for the first time after years of hearing the rumors of what takes place. What she cannot anticipate is that it will bring her more heartache as well as excitement than any time in her life. While she is attending the Dance of Seasons she spots Lord Cesare Lupin as Winter and fin
Teresa
The is a erotic paranormal romance of a commoner, Lucia and the heir to the dukedom, Lord Cesare Lupin. Lord Lupin is not all that he seems. Lucia is their to save him and keep his monstrous side quiet. Lots a hot scenes with some spicy domination scenes. Loved it. can't wait for more from the author.
Andrea
Mmmm. I devoured this one like a box of the finest chocolates-eating them all in one go, not leaving any for the next day! Ms Cox has a new fan in me. This highly erotic story has incredibly well drawn characters, and I found myself rushing the descriptive text to savour every nuance and gesture of the protagonists. Bravo! Next time I shall try to read it more slowly, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to do that.
Libaryjenny
Good story. Good characters. A bit slow in the beginning. Being a quarter way through the book and the MCs haven't engaged in a meaningful way is like watching paint dry. Good sex when there's sex.
Heather
I completely fell in love with this book and its characters! It had an old world charm with Lords and Ladies, the elite and the commoner. Cesare and Lucia are from opposite ends of the social spectrum as Cesare is the Dukes son while Lucia is the daughter of a distiller. The two meet by chance at a Bachannal festival (one week where the people of the city are able to free their sexual desires completely). Lucia is drawn to him instantly, as he is to her....but so many obstacles are in the way. C ...more
Maria11
Read everything from Ms. Cox except for this, don't know how I missed it. Great story and HOT as hell! Enjoy!
Rachel
It was good, well written and I did enjoy it. It only gets three stars because it just didn't hold my interest the way other books have. I could pick it up or put it down at any time and I'm the kind of person who gets sucked into a book and reads all night just to find out what happens next and this book just didn't do that. Pretty sure that has more to do with me and not the book. It was definitely worth reading though!
Amy Shephard
Wonderful book! Very hot but it also has a great story. Love the characters and how well we got to know them. Looking forward to my next book by this author!
Tasha
Not what I expected but Damn that was H-O-T HOT!!! Didn't think back in that time frame they had things like that. Yes I have read other stories from in that time frame that had whores but erotic stuff wouldn't have figured...
Cozen
I actually liked this one. It was slightly different from many similar stories. The play / opera scene was a delightful change from the a typical written ones that read more like a grocery list than an intimate situation.
Gail
Was not one of my favorite Chloe Cox books. Lucia and Lord Cesare as characters were a little too out there. I am not a historical fiction type reader. And even less into wolves!
Jae Jaggart
Chloe Cox writes alpha men so well... and wolves;) I really enjoyed the alternate world she created in this book.
I enjoyed this book.
Samantha Nichols
Samantha Nichols marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Amanda McLean
Amanda McLean marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
  • Controlled Surrender (Alpha Doms, #6)
  • Rio (Tales of the Shareem, #3)
  • Primitive Fix (Primitive, #1)
  • Subspace
  • Pharon's Demon
  • Dakota Ranch Crude (Dakota Heat, #2)
  • Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2)
  • A SEAL Wolf Christmas (Heart of the Wolf, #12)
  • Breakaway (The Dartmouth Cobras, #3)
  • Big Girl Backstage Pass (Big Girl, #1)
  • Saved by a Dangerous Man (By a Dangerous Man, #3)
  • Improper Relations (Lord Shad, #1)
  • Cereus: Building (Cereus, #1)
  • Rightfully His
  • Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)
I have an overactive imagination and too much time on my hands, and the result is...well, lots of books! Which is probably better than the alternative. ;)

I love writing steamy and erotic romances, some dark, some light, but always about something that moves me. And, because I'm totally a sucker, love tends to win out. Everyone deserves a happy ending. :)

My contemporary BDSM erotic romance series,
More about Chloe Cox...

BDSM Bacchanal (2 books)
  • The Lady Submits (BDSM Bacchanal, #1)
Sold to the Sheikh (Club Volare, #1) Marrying the Master (Club Volare, #4) Savage Rhythm (Club Volare, #6) Taken by Chance (Club Volare, #5) Tied to the Tycoon (Club Volare, #2)