The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall

The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Spence may be a big guy at six foot four, but he's mortified when he faints at the sight of blood in front of sexy client Vander at the local tattoo parlor. But it's not often Vander finds attractive men his own height, and he's not going to let a little thing like fainting ruin his chances for a date.
Published November 7th 2012 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall

”We should introduce ourselves since I’ve had you in my arms.”

The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall was a “just-what-I-needed” blast of adorableness. Two 6’4 plus towers of sweetness, tattoos, blushing, and one fuzzy fetish all wrapped up in fun, flirty chemistry made this a short story gem!

Spence was all nerves and jitters walking into a tattoo parlor, but he was determined to finally get what he always wanted—a tattoo. He might walk out with much more though. The sparks start flying as soo...more
Ami
3.67 stars (rounded up to 4-stars)
This short is basically a 3-acts story.

Act 1 is the set up -- where the two MCs met. This part is ADOOOORABLE. Spence gets weird out easily by blood or medical stuffs, despite his big stature (he's 6'4"). I love his bravery to go inside a tattoo shop, even if he ends up fainting in the first sight of blood. I read this part when I was in a public train and I'm sure I attracted some stares because this weird girl was smiling and chuckling all by herself *lol*. A...more
Heller
I liked this one. I think I could have loved it if it had been a longer story. Very rich characters for such a short story and a very different kind of "meet-cute". I do love a tattooed MC. :D Very insta-love here but it worked and was fun.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Another one...one I wish had just been a little more..I know, I know, I'm greedy! So what!
Spence is going to get a tattoo, he will, he has been planning and researching for 4 years now, and finally he gets up the nerve to walk into a tattoo studio.
There he meets Vance, the ultra hot bearish guy that totally does it for Spence, it really is too bad that Spence passes out watching Vance get his tattoo.
But of course as they say, the rest is history!
It's cute,easy and sweet, a total 'snack foo...more
Maya
Nov 07, 2012 Maya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: hearts
The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall by Tam Ames
4.5 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Shy, adorable Spence wants a tattoo. He thinks. He’s sure. Kind of. After four years of research and consideration he finally is able to get enough nerve to go into a tattoo shop and then he ends up fainting in front of the hottest man he has ever seen. Vander immediately notices the tall, good looking man when he enters the tattoo shop for his appointment to have his tattoo colored in. When he...more
Feliz
“Beanpole” Spence has self-esteem issues, particularly over the fact that he’s prone to fainting at anything that has remotely to do with medical procedures, needles or blood. Problem is, he thinks tattoos totally hot and he wants one, badly. It has taken him four years to work up the courage to enter a tattoo parlor–and he even gets to watch as another client, Vander, has something done–but wouldn’t you know it, at the first drop of blood, Spence drops like a sack of potatoes. Looks as if he ju...more
Lady*M

Sweet little story with two elements that really worked for me: tattoos and tall adorable guy who's afraid of blood. Ami's review is pretty much spot on, though I didn't skim the sex (XD) and have no problem with endearments (if not overused).
Lily

This was a cute story. I liked both MCs and their first meeting was so funny. Poor Spence! Definitely would have liked a longer story for these two.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Maya
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4.5 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Meggie
Spence was comical character, I liked him. This shorty has potential for more. I liked Tam Ames writing style and this short plot. Nicely done!
Tami (synchro from BL)
What a cute, humorous little story that was!
Two tall guys meet in a tattoo parlor - simple set up, great execution.
Very enjoyable.
Lucy
4.5 Absolutely loved Spence. This is so cute, fluffy, sweet, adorable...
Tailtiu
3,5* upgrade because I want to read more.
Staceyr
short and sweet---wished it was longer.
Veronica / Miss V
Very cute, with a nice happy ending.
Teetee
Sweet story, loved it!
Tracy's Place
3.5 out of 5
Adrianamae, Marco's fan
Adrianamae, Marco's fan marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 01, 2014
Gianna
Gianna marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
Crispy
Crispy added it
Oct 19, 2013
Kurisu
Kurisu marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2013
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
julio
julio marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Zinger
Zinger marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
Helle
Helle marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm a single mom to a great 19 year old daughter at university, and I have a full-time job as well. I started reading m/m romance about 4 years ago, then went to reviewing and then writing.

Some dares and prompting of friends led me to the role of author and they've always been my biggest cheerleaders.

You can contact me at cdn_tam@yahoo.ca
More about Tam Ames...
Caged Take a Breath (Love is Always Write) Triple Jump Secret Santa Surprise I Dare You (Dare #1)