Start by marking “The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall” as Want to Read:
The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall

The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall

Spence may be a big guy at six foot four, but he's mortified when he faints at the sight of blood in front of sexy client Vander at the local tattoo parlor. But it's not often Vander finds attractive men his own height, and he's not going to let a little thing like fainting ruin his chances for a date.
Published November 7th 2012 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bigger They Are, the Harder They Fall

Mar 15, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it

”We should introduce ourselves since I’ve had you in my arms.”

The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall was a “just-what-I-needed” blast of adorableness. Two 6’4 plus towers of sweetness, tattoos, blushing, and one fuzzy fetish all wrapped up in fun, flirty chemistry made this a short story gem!

Spence was all nerves and jitters walking into a tattoo parlor, but he was determined to finally get what he always wanted—a tattoo. He might walk out with much more though. The sparks start flying as soo
Ami
Nov 08, 2012 Ami rated it really liked it
3.67 stars (rounded up to 4-stars)
This short is basically a 3-acts story.

Act 1 is the set up -- where the two MCs met. This part is ADOOOORABLE. Spence gets weird out easily by blood or medical stuffs, despite his big stature (he's 6'4"). I love his bravery to go inside a tattoo shop, even if he ends up fainting in the first sight of blood. I read this part when I was in a public train and I'm sure I attracted some stares because this weird girl was smiling and chuckling all by herself *lol*. A
Heller
Nov 09, 2012 Heller rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
I liked this one. I think I could have loved it if it had been a longer story. Very rich characters for such a short story and a very different kind of "meet-cute". I do love a tattooed MC. :D Very insta-love here but it worked and was fun.
Maya
May 05, 2016 Maya rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
Shy, adorable Spence wants a tattoo. He thinks. He’s sure. Kind of. After four years of research and consideration he finally is able to get enough nerve to go into a tattoo shop and then he ends up fainting in front of the hottest man he has ever seen. Vander immediately notices the tall, good looking man when he enters the tattoo shop for his appointment to have his tattoo colored in. When he notices Spence staring at him as he is getting inked, he offers to let him watch. It isn’t long before ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Another one...one I wish had just been a little more..I know, I know, I'm greedy! So what!
Spence is going to get a tattoo, he will, he has been planning and researching for 4 years now, and finally he gets up the nerve to walk into a tattoo studio.
There he meets Vance, the ultra hot bearish guy that totally does it for Spence, it really is too bad that Spence passes out watching Vance get his tattoo.
But of course as they say, the rest is history!
It's cute,easy and sweet, a total 'snack foo
Feliz
Mar 08, 2013 Feliz rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, short
“Beanpole” Spence has self-esteem issues, particularly over the fact that he’s prone to fainting at anything that has remotely to do with medical procedures, needles or blood. Problem is, he thinks tattoos totally hot and he wants one, badly. It has taken him four years to work up the courage to enter a tattoo parlor–and he even gets to watch as another client, Vander, has something done–but wouldn’t you know it, at the first drop of blood, Spence drops like a sack of potatoes. Looks as if he ...more
Lady*M
Dec 15, 2012 Lady*M rated it really liked it

Sweet little story with two elements that really worked for me: tattoos and tall adorable guy who's afraid of blood. Ami's review is pretty much spot on, though I didn't skim the sex (XD) and have no problem with endearments (if not overused).
Lily

This was a cute story. I liked both MCs and their first meeting was so funny. Poor Spence! Definitely would have liked a longer story for these two.
Tami (synchro from BL)
Jul 12, 2013 Tami (synchro from BL) rated it it was amazing
What a cute, humorous little story that was!
Two tall guys meet in a tattoo parlor - simple set up, great execution.
Very enjoyable.

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Meggie
Dec 16, 2012 Meggie rated it liked it
Shelves: shorts, romance
Spence was comical character, I liked him. This shorty has potential for more. I liked Tam Ames writing style and this short plot. Nicely done!
Denca
Denca rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Anja
Anja rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Futrzu
Futrzu rated it really liked it
Isabel
Isabel rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Dena
Dena rated it liked it
Didi
Didi rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
PointyEars42
PointyEars42 rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
NancyM
NancyM rated it liked it
Tailtiu
Oct 30, 2012 Tailtiu rated it really liked it
3,5* upgrade because I want to read more.
Enny
Enny rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Nov 07, 2012
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Kristy
Kristy rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Mirella
Mirella rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2012
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Tracy's Place
May 24, 2013 Tracy's Place rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 out of 5
Christopher
Christopher rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Idamus
Idamus rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2013
I'm a single mom to a great 21 year old daughter at university, and I have a full-time job as well. I started reading m/m romance about 4 years ago, then went to reviewing and then writing.

Some dares and prompting of friends led me to the role of author and they've always been my biggest cheerleaders.

You can contact me at tam.ames01@gmail.com