This Thing Called You

This Thing Called You

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The inspiration of Ernest Holmes has reached hundreds of thousands of readers through his classic works, many of which are just now becoming available in paperback. Originally published in the first half of the twentieth century, these meditative, concise volumes have never previously appeared in paperback. Whether a newcomer to the philosophy Holmes founded or a veteran r...more
Published January 5th 2004 by Tarcher (first published January 1st 1956)

To ask other readers questions about This Thing Called You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Thing Called You

The Power of Now by Eckhart TolleHow to Use the Science of Mind by Ernest HolmesLiving The Science Of Mind by Ernest HolmesThis Thing Called You by Ernest HolmesMetaphysical Bible Dictionary by Charles Fillmore
New Thought
4th out of 58 books — 3 voters
The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by BelsebuubThe Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Best Spiritual Books
450th out of 494 books — 480 voters

More lists with this book...

♥ Ibrahim ♥
It is evident that this book is written by a man who is full of inspiration and highly educated. When you talk about the Lord and still be able to aptly quote William James and have some precision to what you are saying, isn't that just impressive? How can make what we know work for us and have living, practical faith is the thesis I gather from this charming volume.

On the down side, it can be a bit wordy, but given the time period it was written in, this can be easily excused.
Pamela Laurence
Ernest Holmes and Science of Mind has been a strong influence in my life. To this day, I subscribe to the magazine.
Richard
An introduction to the "Science of Mind," Don't confuse with with "New Age" stuff. This is about the power for good in the universe that is available to all of us and a way to try it out for yourself.
Lucya
Apr 09, 2014 Lucya rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who seriously wants a happier life
I love this booK! It is a small book packed with lots of wisdom and very interesting reading. I could not put it down. I kept picking it up, reading just one more page again and again. Ernest Holmes is one of the top writers ever! He can hold one's interest while instilling wisdom through everyday words that are easy to understand and relates his meaning to your mind. I read some of the book to my teen-age daughter and she was actually paying attention. That is something she normally does not do...more
Robert A. Smith
Ernest Holmes wrote about the "Science of Mind" years before the Law of Attraction was hijacked by the get rich quick crowd. Yes, it's true, you CAN change your life by changing your thoughts -- and this generous, beautifully written work has the spiritual depth lacking in contemporary books like "The Secret." It's simple, elegant and outstanding, full of wonderful insights and suggested affirmations. Buy it and underline it like a textbook.
Veronica
This Thing Called You adalah petunjuk pencarian diri, sebuah pemahamanyang menyeluruh, serta penemuan yang cerdas dan bijak atas diri manusia, Anda akan menemukan banyak hal yang berguna bagi anda dan untuk menyelesaikan masalah yang paling mendasar dalam diri anda. suatu hasrat manusiawi untuk menemukan siapa diri anda sebenarnya.
Rubina
Written in 1948, the contents of this book is still relevant today. Holmes' teachings on the power of thought, spiritual universe, faith, laws of attraction are truly inspirational. What i especially like are the many mantras related to the various topics that can be found throughout the book.
Ayana Mishelle
I love this book about this thing called you !! I have read the affirmations over and over again. This book is a part of my daily reading. It is great for getting your mind in a state of gratitude. Highly reccommended
Mary
This is my favorite of all the books by Ernest Holmes that I have read (and that's most of them). Easy to read, inspiring, and it can be opened at random and read for spiritual nourishment and uplift.
Gretchen
This is a must read for anyone who wants to change their thinking. Read it in first person and you have one huge affirmative prayer! I have read it over and over and every time I've learned something new.
Stacy Young
Nov 19, 2008 Stacy Young marked it as to-read
I have just picked this book up and am getting ready to read it. I'm definitely interested in the teachings of Ernest Holmes and his church. I'll post after I've read!
Silvana
Oct 14, 2008 Silvana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Silvana by: Assigned for CSLSR practical mysticism
my absolute, all time favorite book by Ernest Holmes. Of all his books this one spoke to me the most, it reads like one long prayer. love it love it love it!
Ted
I found it encouraging as I continue to struggle with my shyness. It is a good daily reminder that you have a purpose in living.
Shell
I read this book over and over, it changes as I change, there is always something new to discover in this book.
Jimmy White
this book helped get me through a very rough patch. I highly recommend it.
Lois
It was inspirational, but not a page-turner. I am glad I read it though. :)
Connie
I love this book! It is part of my daily routine and really enriches my day!
Kissiah
He spoke the truth BEFORE "The Secret" hit the shelves!!
Diane
Greatest Affirmative Book - Read in first person
Michelle
My search continues...
Eric
anything by Ernest Holmes is worth a read IMO. He can do more for your spirituality than you'd ever imagine.
Hannah Holzrichter
Hannah Holzrichter marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Su Crutchfield
Su Crutchfield marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Meredith Mcnutt
Meredith Mcnutt is currently reading it
Aug 24, 2014
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Shravya
Shravya marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
The Science of Mind Living The Science Of Mind Creative Mind and Success How to Use the Science of Mind: Principle in Practice 365 Science of Mind: A Year of Daily Wisdom From Ernest Holmes