Start by marking “A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)” as Want to Read:
A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)

A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  183 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
The Devil DeVere Series- Library Journal Best E-Book Romance 2012
This short erotic installment in the award-winning Devil DeVere series can stand alone as a complete story, but also serves to bridge The Devil’s Match and Jewel of the East (Salime and Simon’s story).

Audible Audio, 2 pages
Published February 14th 2013 by Victoria Vane (first published February 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Devil's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Devil's Touch

Jill
Feb 13, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it

Just in time for Valentine’s Day….

Nine-months pregnant and three-months married, Diana is feeling just a little insecure when her husband, Ludovic DeVere, becomes increasingly distracted and seemingly bored with her and their new marriage. When he receives a missive from the beautiful, exotic Salime, Diana fears that monogamy may not suit the once insatiable and lascivious devil afterall.

Victoria Vane has the knack of writing what is always a complete story regardless of the page count.
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Mar 01, 2013 UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-have-read
Hey, everyone! A Devil's Touch is free this weekend!

AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/DEVILS-TOUCH-De...

Deliciously wicked and delightfully romantic, A Devil's Touch is the perfect glimpse into Diana and Lud's marriage, and it comes just in time for Valentines Day!
From the cover:

In her last month of pregnancy, Diana, Viscountess DeVere, has barely settled into her new life and role as "the devil" DeVere's wife, when her increasingly restlesss husband receives an urgent summons to London. When Dian
Karla

4 1/2 Stars! The Mistress of Sensuality does it again!! Once again she uses few words to craft a full story!

Thank you Victoria Vane for allowing us back into the lives of one of our favorite couples, Ludovic and Diana. Does the passion still burn hot between these two? YOU BET IT DOES!!

As our couple settles into married life, Diana's insecurities over shadow her thinking, along with all those pregnancy hormones. DeVere shows her in the most intimate of ways, that she is, and always will be the o
Duchess Nicole
I just adore this series! I usually don't like shorter stories, but Victoria Vane packs such heart and wit into each of her characters...each new addition the the story of DeVere and his cronies is like catching up with old friends. Mischievous old friends ;P;P

So DeVere and Diana are going to be parents. This story takes place just a few short months after The Devil's Match.
Diana is coming to the end of her pregnancy and is not feeling her sexiest. So when Ludovic seems to pull away from her sex
KatLynne
4.5 Luscious, Delectable Stars!

Ludovic DeVere is a man with a voracious sensual appetite. For years, he's indulged in every variety of unrestrained sexual encounters. This devil's prurient interest in all things erotic is well known, especially by his new wife, Diana.

They've now been together eighteen months and are three months into their marriage. Now his lucky wife is the one being lavished with all his attention.

Even in the last month of her pregnancy, Ludovic still makes all her naughty b
Rane
Feb 17, 2013 Rane rated it it was amazing

Victoria Vane delivers yet another delicious tale with The "Devil" Devere and his very pregnant wife Diana. Giving us a glimpse at the married life of these two lovable characters and their hard sought after HEA.

Not only did Vane pen down one of her most sensual novels to date with A Devil's Touch, but adds her trademark humor in this novella that bridges the gap to the next in the series Jewel of the East.

I have yet to be disappointed in this series and just this story just steals this DeVer
Wendy
Feb 13, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is absolutely fabulous! To catch up with our favorite hero Ludovic and his beautiful strong willed wife Diana is such a treat.

In the bloom of her life and carrying DeVere’s child, Diana stumbles on a letter that rouses her suspicions that he may be having an affair with an old courtesan. When she confronts DeVere himself, this is where the passion between the two ignites!

He pulled her into his embrace with a groan, caressing her back, plying soft kisses to her hair, then her brow, he
Kathleen
Mar 20, 2013 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

Story Rating 5 STARS!
Character Rating 5 STARS
Romance Rating 5 STARS
Heat Level 5 STARS
Overall Rating 5 GOLDEN STARS

Victoria Vane does it for me again and in a BIG WAY!!

I read all types of steamy romances but erotic historical's are my favorites. It just seems to me as time passes that there are less of these being written so I MUST thank Victoria Vane for keeping them coming.

The Devil's Touch was pure EXCELLANCE in my eye's. I was totally at awe as I read. Victoria just ha
Lisa Kay
(This is a review of the audiobook.) Eva Hathaway is the narrator again for one last entry into the love story of Ludovic and Diana’s enduring romance. I don't know enough about the recording process to know if they can edit her hard “S” sounds, but by the third time of hearing her, it doesn’t detract from the story.

Victoria Vane delves into erotica this time around, but it is handled tastefully. This was a wonderful addition to the series.

Kudos for the image of a pregnant Diana in all her glor
Keri
May 23, 2016 Keri rated it it was amazing
Sweet and hot! I have missed me some Devil. Loved this little short with Diane and Ludvic. Wish the ending could have been a little longer, but they never are for me. Nothing against VV. :-) Can't wait for Simon's story.
Lisa
Feb 13, 2013 Lisa rated it it was amazing
This was a steamy yet satisfyingly tender vignette in Victoria Vane's superb DeVere series. If you have not read Diana and Ludovic's story, do not start here as this will feel a bit out of place. Diana and Ludovic are newly married and expecting their first child within the month. Ludovic has been told to keep his hands off his wife (humor abounds here) but he does not tell Diana and Diana is worried he is up to his old, wild ways. She hopes to entice him back to the bedroom but he flees to Lond ...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
‘God help me. Will I ever get enough of this man?’
- Diana

Well, if the man in question just happens to be the sublime Ludovic DeVere, the answer is most definitely NO!

A Devil's Touch, the latest addition to the fantastic Devil DeVere series, is a tantalisingly wicked treat that shouldn't be missed. Even within the constraints of this short vignette, there is so much richness and depth to the story. I loved this glimpse into their marriage and sharing every moment with them:

Diana’s insecurit
Arlena
Author: Victoria Vane
Published By: Breathless Press
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5

Review:

"A Devil's Touch"...A Devilish Vignette by Victoria Vane was a continued read from 'The Devil's Match..Book 4 and I was left only thinking Wow whata good read. This was just another one of Ms. Vane good well written novella. This story involves the married life of Diana and Ludovic. We now find Diana is pregnant and suffering from insecurities that are there with pregnancy...willshe b
Lady Wesley
Feb 14, 2013 Lady Wesley rated it really liked it
What fun to see Ludovic and Diana struggling to adjust to married life. Since she's nine months pregnant and the physician has told Ludovic that it isn't safe for them to have sex, I wondered how Victoria Vane would manage to keep up the steam factor found in her earlier books. Not a problem, for Ludovic is quite the creative lover.

I've totally enjoyed this entire series and am looking forward to the next installment.
♡Karlyn P♡

Ahhh, I loved it! This is one of my favorite sexy historical romance series, and Diana and DeVere two of my favorite characters. This story takes place 3 months after their wedding, with Diana well into her pregnancy. A doctor tells DeVere to refrain from sexual relations with his wife, and the sexual frustration between them crest with an hilarious and oh-so-sexy crescendo. I just love these two together, their banter and love for each other keeps me glued.

This story also introduces Captain Si
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!

"I need you Diana. You are my light, my sustenance. You are everything to me."

Diana and the Devil DeVere have had a turbulent, rocky, hot romance from the very beginning. Their marriage is no less turbulent and HOT!

Diana is in the last month of pregnancy. DeVere, feeling scared for Diana, refuses to touch her. He’s edgy, frustrated and trying his best. Diana misreads him and thinks he’s fallen out of love and lust with her and has moved on. Boy is she ever wrong. But then, pregnant women aren’t
Treece

INTRO

WARNING : This review is laden with alliteration. If you find this writing affect disagreeable, then please know that you’ve been warned. All I can say is: The Devil DeVere made me do it!

As with the Bard, all’s well that ends well, for the course of true love never did go smooth, and parting was such sweet sorrow the day the Devil DeVere fell victim to Eros’ fiery dart. Although, the libidinous, lurid, and loveable Devil DeVere gained his hot HEA with the delicious Diana by the end of The
Amy
Feb 17, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Another awesome story from Victoria!

A DEVIL'S TOUCH by Victoria Vane is the perfect bridge that fills in the blanks for those of us who have followed this series from the beginning, and a perfect introduction to the series as a stand alone for anyone who wants to just try a taste. Be forewarned - once you get a taste of the Devil DeVere, like chocolate, you'll not be able to stop. The timing is perfect for the release of this sweet story that shines a whole new light on the wickedly sexy, Ludov
MountainKat
*3.5 Stars*

This was a novella set shortly after the end of The Devil's Match. I enjoyed it, but not as much as Diana and Ludovic's other books. In this story there is a misunderstanding that leads to doubts and fears on Diana's part. Her doubts and fears anger Ludovic, making him prove her trust. I think perhaps it was this that bothered me most in the story. When he should have been supporting her most, he was pushing her limits. But that could be the midwife in me, I am probably always going t
Joy (Cheery♡Reads)
A very big thank you to Victoria Vane for providing me with an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. This was really sweet and scorching hot. It was really awesome to read about DeVere and Diana. I was really excited to catch a glimpse of their married life.

Other than that, we also get to see Ned again, albeit briefly, but it was still good to catch with these beloved characters. We also get to know how Salime and Simon are 'introduce' to each other.

Miss Victoria is truly a tale
Kristin Anders
Mar 25, 2013 Kristin Anders rated it really liked it
Followers of the DeVere series—remember that insanely hot eastern dancer/courtesan/sex Goddess Salime?

She’s baack.

And nine-month-pregnant Diane is afraid her HEA with DeVere is derailed by his lust for Salime.

Juicy.

Vane goes erotic with this one and, after having spent some time with Victoria Vane at a local writer’s conference last year, I’m shocked.

Go Vic; you had me blushing.

The biggest plus to this story: the heroine is pregnant. She’s huge.

And her husband finds her attractive and shows i
 ~V~
Mar 27, 2013 ~V~ rated it really liked it
A very sexy short story that was sooooo sweeet! Love how Ludovic is with Diana!! ~sigh~
Ivyd
Feb 19, 2013 Ivyd rated it really liked it
Diana is experiencing the ninth month nutsies. Devil departing the marital bed before she wakes coupled with the cessation of the physical delights they’ve enjoyed up to this point her mind creates demons. When she discovers a note from Salime right after Devil makes a hurried trip to London she really works herself into a lather.

A DEVIL’S TOUCH is a comical and revealing glimpse into the conjugal bliss of Diana and Devil while awaiting the impending birth of their first child.
Poor Devil and Dia
Traci
Jul 30, 2014 Traci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet little look into the lives of the DeVere couple. A lot of times a novella that takes place after the HEA will disappoint me, for it seems sometimes the couple has changed to much for my liking. They either have become too perfect or it is just a way to show that they have had babies. This look into their lives though had a point and a much needed exploration of something I thought made sense and was not bump in the road just to add trouble. It was a nice way of revisiting a couple t ...more
A.R. Von
Feb 22, 2013 A.R. Von rated it really liked it
Another great addition to The Devil DeVere series. Even though short, it is very satisfying and this one gave us an incredible and wonderful insight on where Diana and DeVere now stand. An enjoyable addition to add for any fans of the genre reading collection. I do however recommend reading ALL before this one of the series so you will have the true appreciation for how far the characters have come.

DeVere is HOT! I’ve loved him from the very start, faults and all. This man is just… insane, funny
Tin
Mar 01, 2013 Tin rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This story happens three months after Ludovic DeVere and Diana found their happily-ever-after in The Devil's Match:

DeVere is torn between his lust and attraction for Diana and his need to see to her comfort as her confinement draws near -- and Diana is confused by her husband's sudden cold treatment of her. Then he abruptly goes to London with Ned, leaving Diana to wonder if the Devil has finally grown tired of domesticity.

In this vignette, Vane gives us a glimpse of Diana and Ludovic as they tr
Sophia
Feb 27, 2013 Sophia rated it really liked it
Oho! And yet again, I got to visit with two of my favorite characters to see how things are fairing for them after the Happily Ever After. I know that fans of the series will not be surprised when I share that these two are still hotter than sin in their passion for each other, but still have a few more hurdles to cross toward marital felicity.

The story picks up when Diana is nearing the end of her pregnancy. She worries over the new aloofness of DeVere thinking that he is bored with her or wors
Marlene
Feb 17, 2013 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Just the idea of Ludo "Devil" DeVere attempting to be the perfect husband is enough to constitute the perfect Valentine's Day present all by itself!

What's even better is that this delightful Georgian bonbon actually delivers every bit of decadent deliciousness that lovers of The Devil DeVere Series could possibly wish for...and sets us all up for wicked delights yet to come.

On his best day, the Devil couldn't have maneuvered his puppets any better!

But in th
My Book Addiction and More MBA
A DEVIL'S TOUCH by Victoria Vane is an exciting Georgian erotic romance vignette set in 1784 London. Devilish Vignettes. #4.5 in the "Devil DeVere" series,but can be read as a stand alone. A quick fun read! What not to love with the Devilish DeVere and his lovely Diana. With hot,sizzling passion,a wary wife,and passionate love scenes you will not regret picking up "A Devil's Touch". DeVere has finally come into his own with the lovely,while a little wary Diana who is very much pregnant.Oh did I ...more
Shana
May 07, 2014 Shana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story so much! This is the fifth story in the Devil Devere series. It can be read alone, or as part of the series.

Diana and Ludovic have been married for a few months now, and she is in the last months of her pregnancy. (She was pregnant prior to them marrying....he had to work hard to convince her to marry him.)

Ludovic's best friend, Ned, comes to the house and calls him away as one of their closest friends they thought was dead, is not, and is coming home. Ludovic is not sure h
  • The Baron's Betrothal (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • A Very Sinful Valentine (Addicted, #2.2)
  • The First Sinners (The Sinners Club, #0.5)
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • Baring It All (Short Story): A Loveswept Historical Romance
  • Heart's Desire
  • What She Needs
  • Pleasures of Somerville Park (Somerville Park, #1.5)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • Backwoods (Shivaree, #0.5)
  • Blind Impulse
  • Mercy Bound
  • My Lord Raven (The Ravensmoor Saga #1)
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Risk the Night
  • Capturing Cora (Romps and Rakehells, #1)
  • Edge of Time (Langston Brothers #1)
5319795
ABOUT VICTORIA VANE

Victoria Vane is a selling author of of smart and sexy contemporary romance and an award-winning author of historical romance. Her books have received many accolades to include the 2016 Red Carpet Award for Jewel of the East, 2014 RONE Award for Treacherous Temptations as well as Library Journal Best E-Book romance of 2012 for The Devil DeVere series.

Contact info:
Email: victori
More about Victoria Vane...

The Devil DeVere (7 books)
  • A Wild Night's Bride (The Devil DeVere #1)
  • The Virgin Huntress (The Devil DeVere #2)
  • The Devil You Know (The Devil DeVere #3)
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Jewel of the East
  • Devil By Another Name (The Devil DeVere #6)
  • A Devil in Diamonds (The Devil DeVere #7)