Start by marking “Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake, #1)

Jane's Gift (Lone Pine Lake #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  469 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Lone Pine Lake’s resident playboy, fire captain Christian Nelson, is happy with his single-guy lifestyle. But when quiet, mysterious Jane Clark comes for a tour of the firehouse with her three small children, Chris is immediately drawn to the beautiful woman—even though he’s been burned by commitment in the past.

Jane’s been battling scars both physical and mental—having li
Published October 25th 2012 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss) (first published October 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Jane's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jane's Gift

A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrBy Proxy by Katy RegnerySimply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
27th out of 644 books — 763 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellVanilla on Top by C.J. EllissonThe Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstTempting the Best Man by J. LynnWrong Bed, Right Guy by Katee Robert
Entangled Books
70th out of 344 books — 304 voters

More lists with this book...

Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
A refreshing story about how a family pulls together and moves forward after a devastating life altering fire.

Christian Nelson is the single fireman who has the label 'player' tattooed on his chest. Jane Clark is the mother of three who has been left a widow and a recovering burns victim after a house fire.

I am a sucker for a HEA plot and this is a feel good book. I will be looking for other books by this author as I liked her style of writing.

Kati (Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance)
***Original review posted at Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance***

First thought I had when I read the blurb of Jane's Gift? Heck yes! If there's a fireman, fire chief or any man that wears turnouts, I'm totally in. I'm easy like that.

I'm going to preface this review with: have Kleenex on hand because you'll tear up a few times. The prologue will make you cry. Thanks Karen Erickson!

Jane Clark lost her husband and home in a fire and is left to raise her three children by herself. She's not re
MsRomanticReads
This review was originally posted on my blog.

This touching story about grief, hope, renewal and finding love (again) was my first read by author Karen Erickson, and it won’t be my last. I liked Jane’s strong resolve to rebuild her life post tragedy that took her home, her husband and left her badly scarred. I also liked her over protective brothers and their families who rallied around her and took her in. Jane’s recovery was painful, but she’s determined to get better for herself and her childr
Emily
Two years after almost losing her life in a fire, widower Jane Clark has moved back home to Lone Pine Lake to start over with her three children in tow. Wanting to ease the fear of fire for her children, and well herself, her brother arranges for them to meet Captain Christian Nelson at the firehouse to learn about fire safety. She had not expected to find herself attracted to the town playboy, nor that his feelings maybe returned.

Christian usually avoids women with children, but everything abou
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
You can find this review and more at Forever Book Lover.

I am a fan of Karen Erickson, she is known for her sexually charged erotic books. This my friends is quite different from her normal writings, this story is sensual but not overly heated. It is a true holiday romance book, it warms your heart, brings a tear to your eye and after reading it you know that love can overcome fear, loss and brings two seemly opposite people together. I think one of the things I liked about this story is the char
Melanie
The above blurb is a perfect hook for this heartwarming and very touching story of one woman’s acceptance of the tragedy that befell her family and hope for their future.

Jane Clark is surrounded by her children, her siblings and her parents, yet deep down she feels that the hole in her heart where her husband used to dwell, is empty. And when she decides to face her fears of fires and meets a man who just might help her do that and possibly offer her a second chance in love, she isn’t sure of he
Pam
Jane’s Gift is a very enjoyable holiday story that tugs at your heart and has you believe in the miracle of love.

Jane Clark moved back home to the safety of her family after a devastating fire two years ago that killed her husband and left her with scars on both her body and mind. She is trying to get back to a normal life with her three kids however she has been unable to move on and even though her kids were not hurt in the fire, the two older ones seem to still be frightened.

With the help of
Donna
Jane and her three young children survive a fire that takes the life of her husband. Jane is burnt badly and it takes time for her to recover. Two years later Jane and her children have returned to the small town she grew up in. With her family close she is starting over.
Christian Nelson is the new fire captain and local playboy in town. He meets Jane and her children when she brings them to the station in hopes that it will help them get over their fear of fire. He is instantly taken with the
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
The book grabbed me from the prologue with Jane's tragedy and had me going until the end with anticipation of a HEA.

Jane has tons of battle scars physically and mentally. She is widowed and now a single mother.

Christian (Chris) is the fire captain and Jane's brother 's best friend. He also happens to be the town player who is not looking for commitment.

Because of Jane's past she is shy and timid and love is not on her radar. Well...until she meets the heartthrob fire captain who is the person th
Tina "coffee and books"
If you are looking for a heartwarming, sweet read to help put you in the Christmas spirit Jane's Gift may be just the book for you.

Jane Clark woke up from a 2 month long medical induced coma to discover her life has turned into the worst possible nightmare. Her home was destroyed in a fire, a fire she barely made it out of alive thanks to her husband. Running back in to save the children Jane was burnt severely and her husband was killed. Now, 2 years later she has moved back to her hometown to
Emma
Beautiful story. Jane and Chris are very different people. Neither is looking for love and certainly not commitment, for different reasons. Yet their attraction is very palpable.
We get to spend a lot of time both characters's head. What I mean is that this book is centered around their feelings and how life changes you at the same time you're working on changing it. Not a lot of action which was fine with me. I could definitly put myself in Jane's shoes, and in Chris's as well.
I apreciated the
Eileen
Ms Erickson's writing is still fairly new to me but I wanted a Christmas story and I'm glad I read it for this holiday season. Jane lost so much in that fire but she has come far in two years and takes the next step to moving on with Christian. What a good match for them. Glad to see the interaction with her children too because it is a ready made family. Looking forward to the other sibling stories especially for Mac and Mindy.
Stella
Such a heartfelt, moving wonderfully emotional story! I enjoyed it and even teared up a few times. The hero is dreamy and the heroine is lovable. Loved the many supporting characters and the whole community :-D A delightful story!! Detailed review to be posted soon.
Penny Watson
B+

I cried at the end. Super romantic ending and sweet story.

Melody May
Also found on http://sillymelody.blogspot.com

Continuing on with my Christmas reads, I just finished a heartwarming Christmas story about overcoming tragedy in life. Nothing like sharing a heartwarming Christmas story during this time of year, so I bring you Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson.

Poor Jane, who lost almost everything in a house fire. Unfortunately, her husband was unable to survive the fire. At the same time she was able to survive and so were her kids.

Two years later, Jane and her childr
Ursula
A devastating house fire cost Jane Clark nearly everything: her husband, her confidence, and her looks, with the physical scars marbling her body. Now, two years later, she’s living and healing back in her childhood hometown of Lone Pine Lake. The upcoming holidays are the perfect opportunity to bring some Christmas cheer into her young children’s lives, starting with a visit to the firehouse, where her brother’s best friend has offered to help quell their residual fears.

Lone Pine’s resident pla
Rhonda
Jane's Gift by Karen Erickson
4 STARS

Jane's Gift is a tender story that takes place mostly in her small hometown over the holidays.
Jane wakes up in the hospital to find she has been in a coma for 3 months. Her children are okay but her husband died.
Two years later Jane has brought her 3 children home to live in her brothers second home. Jane has a big family and support system thier. Jane and her 3 children are a afraid of fire, with a good cause for it. Her younger brother Max arranged for them
Guilty Pleasures
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 Stars

It’s really tough for me to read Christmas stories this early in the season, I’m a firm believer in the Christmas season doesn’t begin until after Thanksgiving (well except for Christmas shopping that is all done before, but that’s self preservation). However, this is my first holiday season with Guilty Pleasures and I’m reading Christmas themed stories way earlier than I normally would. I just hit the jackpot with Karen Erickson’s la
The Smutty Kitty
As posted on The Smutty Kitty

4 out of 5 Licks

Let me start this review by saying who doesn't love a sexy firefighter? I mean seriously if you don't then you might as well leave now. lol Yeah I had a feeling none of you would be leaving. *insert smug smile* Now Jane's had a rough few years. She was in a house fire that killed her husband and left her scarred physically and emotionally. Her children are scared of fire and a trip to the local firehouse helps ease their worries. Jane meets sexy fire
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed on: http://readyourwrites.blogspot.com

For Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Have you ever picked up a book and immediately KNEW you were going to like it ? That was my experience with Jane's Gift. I was hooked with the second sentence. Jane's Gift is a wonderful book that will have you rooting for Jane and Chris as they deal with the obstacles they face on their journey to a truly happy and fulfilling life.

How soon is too soon to move on with your life after you lose your spouse? Should you
Rhianna
Short, Sweet & Filled With Holiday Spirit

Two years ago, Jane Clark lost her husband and her home in a tragic house fire. Left with burn scars that remind her of how she almost lost her life too, she's still struggling to rebuild the life she lost. Returning to her hometown of Lone Pine Lake, Jane's focus is on making her three children feel safe and happy after so much trauma. There's nothing like the Christmas season to bring joy and smiles. But on a trip to the local firehouse where the id
Aimee
This is a really good Christmas story with likable characters and a story that will touch your heart. Jane has gone through a lot in the past two years with losing her husband in the fire that took their home, recovering from her own burns, and learning to raise three kids on her own. She decides to head back to her home town to be close to her family and meets Christian, the town's fire captain. Jane is attracted to him immediately, but she does not even consider that he could be interested in ...more
Yazmin
Jane’s Gift by Karen Erickson is a beautiful and sweet romance.

Christian Nelson is the fire captain in Lone Pine Lake. Everyone there may consider him a playboy, but he likes his single-guy lifestyle, the freedom and the respectability he has. Little does he know that his life is about to be turned upside down by his friend’s sister, whom he offers to give a tour of the fire department as a favor during his slow-time.

Jane Clark has been in pain and scared of fire since the fire that killed her
Mariana Bezerra
Is interesting how people are always named something in the romances. And usually things like that can create lots of problems. So Christian is considered a playboy, but in reality he never really had a serious relationship because no woman has ever captured his mind.

But Jane is such a good person. She suffered so much in life, but still finds will to go on and try to protect her children. She lost her husband and had severe trauma after a fire destroyed her house, but after months of rehab now
Nancy
This story is about a woman named Jane and her children who survive a fire that killed her husband. She has emotional and physical scars from that day and decides to move back to her hometown to be closer to her loving family.
Her brother suggests she visits the firehouse where his friend is the captain, to help her and her family get over their fears. Chris, the captain and Jane start a friendship , which leads to more. Each one has fears about love for different reasons.
The story touches so ma
Latochia Bell
Jane & Chris! I loved their story! The story of learning how to love and also learning how to love again, while learning how to let someone love you! I felt the struggle that Jane had to go thru in finding her way back to being whole again. It is no easy task and I am glad that the author showed how much of a struggle she had to go thru with all the changes.
The battle within Chris to not want to get involved with a widow mother of 3 would definitely go through many minds! But the undeniable
Kat Morrisey
I really enjoyed this book. And it surprised me that I did. The author did a great job with character development (especially with Jane) and her insecurities from the fire, and her relationship with Christian. The steam was hot, but yet tame compared to other romance books I've read (some fade to black) but the build up was still sexy and Christian, dear god, can I get a fireman please?! I hope the author writes more about Jane's family, especially the brothers (Cam sounds mysterious and HOT!). ...more
I connected with this book on several levels and I really enjoyed it. While it is a romance, it's a very sweet story that made me laugh and cry. There is just enough romance without being too much and I loved how the story not only focused on Jane and Chris' relationship, but her healing and her kids healing. This is my first book by Karen to read and I'm already a fan. Definitely a great book to snuggle up with this holiday season.
Melissa
This was just meh!
Chris was sweet but a weeny.
Jane was scared.
Everything sort of blended together. It wasn't bad but wasn't great. I liked the progression but it was made out to a longer time period then it was. And they only seemed to be together like 3 or 4 times total though it was touched upon in other character conversation they spent allot of time together. I just did t grasp it.
Angie
This is a beautiful story about a woman reclaiming her life after a horrible loss. Jane is shocked to be attracted to her hometown's fire chief after losing her husband in a fire that scarred her. Christian is surprised to be affected by a woman with 3 children. He has no interest in having a relationship or so he tells himself! I loved how these 2 found their way to each other.
  • Real Men Don't Break Hearts (Real Men, #1)
  • Love Him or Leave Him (Small Town, Big Dreams, #2)
  • Kissing Kendall (Maritime City, #2)
  • Sugar Rush
  • Just for the Summer (Lake Bliss, #1)
  • Desire by Design
  • Speaking of Love (Perfect Kisses, #2)
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
  • His Reluctant Rancher (Three River Ranch, #2)
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Luck of the Draw (Shamrock Falls, #2)
  • Playing the Maestro
  • All I Want For Christmas is a Duke
  • Masquerade
  • Kissing the Maid of Honor (Secret Wishes, #1)
  • A Cinderella Christmas Carol (Suddenly Cinderella, #1.5)
  • The Switched Baby Scandal
3198951
USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson lives in central California with her husband, three kids, one dog and too many cats. Being a romance writer and bringing her characters to life is her greatest dream come true.

She also writes new adult romance as NYT & USA Today bestselling author Monica Murphy.

Karen's Facebook page:

More about Karen Erickson...

Lone Pine Lake (2 books)
  • Tempting Cameron (Lone Pine Lake, #2)
Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1) Worth the Scandal (Worth It, #1) Temporary Arrangement (The Renaldis, #0.5) Tempted by Her Boss (The Renaldis, #1) Game for Trouble (Game for It, #2)