Start by marking “Tight Knit” as Want to Read:
Tight Knit

Tight Knit

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,145 ratings  ·  129 reviews
Talia Gregory relies on her Nan for everything, especially helping her calm the anxiety that controls her life. But Nan gets sick, and it couldn’t be worse timing. Talia’s panic attacks are getting worse, her boyfriend is a jerk, her best friend is distant, her parents are more absent than usual and she’s stuck planning the Cozy Christmas Charity Drive for her knitting gro ...more
Published January 3rd 2013 by Allie B Books (first published December 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tight Knit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tight Knit

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
216th out of 1,443 books — 6,904 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. StephensDown London Road by Samantha YoungNever Too Far by Abbi Glines
2013 Release books to read
192nd out of 1,023 books — 2,305 voters

More lists with this book...

Katrina Passick Lumsden
I wanted to like this book. Truly I did. And you would think that being a sufferer of panic attacks myself, I would be able to relate to the female protagonist, Talia Gregory. I suppose I could, in a way. But the overall feeling I had was irritation with Allie Brennan for not providing this poor character with a more interesting personality and maybe a psychiatrist.

The drama surrounding Talia is that she is attempting to control her panic attacks without the aid of medication. While her Nan is
Jolene Perry
This book... Seriously.
Love.

I wanna wrap up Talia in a knit bag and take her home and sorta want Lachlan to pin me against the wall... ;-O

Brennan did a FAB job with her characters, and there's a LOT more to this story than I expected going on, and I LURVED it.
Laura YA indie princess
Ohhh I like the sound of this. Lets hear it for indie authors!!!! Mini review to come
Nyrae Dawn
Such a good book. Totally fell for Lachlan!
Kimi
Finished last night. I knew this was going to be fantastic after reading an excerpt a while ago. This sat on my "can't wait for these to be released" list and then super duper bonus...it came out early and I could not put it down. 5 complete love love love stars :D

Leigh Moore
LOVE this book!
Lachlan is totally hot--I will ride his motorcycle any day... LOL!
Great debut! Can't wait for more from this author!

Highly recommend~
Nikki
This is a really AWESOME book! I feel like the blurb just didn't do it justice! The writing was so well done and the characters... Oh man I just love it! I can't even get my thoughts in order right now! If I had been able to, I would have read it all in one sitting. Seriously, it flowed so smoothly I never wanted to put it down! I need to thank my friend Lindsay for recommending this one and then peer pressuring me into buddy reading it with her! [image error] I laughed, I cried, I got so freaki ...more
Jessica (Just a Booklover)
Yaaaay, I got this and I CANNOT wait to read it. So of course I'm reading it RIGHT NOW. Ahhhhh! *flails*

~~~

Goodness gracious, THIS BOOK. I feel it in my heart, you guys. ANd it's a happy, tingly feeling. AH! There will definitely be a full review soon.

And I love Lachlan. MY BOY. <3

~~~

Tight Knit by Allie Brennan. Goodness gracious, this book. It is cute and sweet and such a beautifully adorable book, I can't help but to smile right now as I think about it.

It's a story about a boy and a girl
I was pleasantly surprised by this book....It wasn't what I expected. I truly LOVED this book. It was such a great YA love story but touched on some serious subject matters. This book sucked me in from the first page and kept me interested throughout the whole book....I couldn't put it down. Lachlan is amazing!!!!! I love his name but I also fell for the person he was. He went through a sh!t storm as a child and made some big mistakes in his life but he came out a better person in the end. I rea ...more
Roberta Capizzi
I checked out this book at first because I liked the cover and I love knitting, and even though I knew it was a YA and I'm really too old for that, I decided I'd give it a try and downloaded the sample chapters. After reading them, I decided I had to buy it, because I needed to know what would happen to Talia and Lachlan. Who cares I'm not a YA anymore? We've all been there at some point in our lives, haven't we?
Well, I loved the story and the characters - don't we all secretly love bad boys? ;-
There's something about seeing the bad boy that's a marshmallow on the inside that is just so romantic. Thanks for bringing me that in Lachlan!
Justin
Oh my gosh you guys, this book was incredible. I'm trying to figure out where I even want to begin. I had heard about this book through a friend of mine, who said it was a really great book. After having read it, I can see why. If you've followed my reviews, you will know how much I love well written Contemporary works. Tight Knit is definitely up there on my list of favorite Contemporaries now. Allie's writing was really great too, I will get into that more when I talk about the actual story.

I
Dani
★★★★½

Having just finished a book that left me feeling rather “meh” and uninspired, I spent part of Sunday night trawling through Amazon’s YA Kindle selection looking for… something. Something new. Something fun. Something cute.

“Ooooo…” I thought to myself as Tight Knit’s cover scrolled into view, “that hat is just abso-freakin’-lutely adorable.” ‘Cause for reals, it is. And I then fired off several memos to myself, because I’m cool like that…

Note to Self #1:
I must get one. The hat, I mean.

Note t
Cha
Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Tali Meets Lannie: The Bad Boy & The Shy Girl.

She's dead shy.
He oozes confidence.

She knew of him - he's bad news.
It was the first time he saw her - she looked so innocent.

It was his Gram's scheme - him meeting her.

But they were like Night & Day.
They're so different....

Yet somehow the same.

♥.♥.♥

The Bad Boy: Lachlan/Lannie

Lachlan has this strange mixture of mysterious bad boy with southern gentlemen with rockstar charm. #swoon

He's been to juvie and currently
Kyra
Oh. My. Goodness.

I picked up Tight Knit, knowing it would be a good read, but all the while wondering about the concept of a teenage girl who knits and hangs out with her nan. It's not your average YA book, that's for sure!

As someone who has had to deal with panic attacks since I was a teenager, I connected with Talia right away. Every detail of how an attack feels, to the complete exhaustion afterwards is written to perfection. Nobody ever talks about the tiredness that comes with an intense at
Jaime Arkin
From the very first page of Tight Knit I was pulled into the the story of Talia and Lachlan. The title works perfectly for this story too... The knitting is almost like a secondary character here and I loved it.

Talia has been dealing with panic attacks for most of her life and at the urging of her grandmother, Nan, she has gone off her medication, determined to be strong enough to learn how to handle the attacks on her own.

Nan has been her rock for most of her life... as an only child, her par
Melissa
So, I liked the premise of this book, but it's was just kind of ok for me. I just couldn't help but feel like I was missing something reading it. It was a little all over the place. I never really felt like Lachlan's back story was explained. Spoilers.......

(view spoiler)
♥ Sarah
3.5/5

Tight Knit being a debut novel with very few reviews and all, I didn't know what to expect. But I certainly didn't expect to like Lachlan as much as I did.

Instantly, I was drawn to Lachlan's secrets and mysterious charm, lurking beneath his bad boy exterior. His anger issues could have been explored further, and I felt, the "drug runs" were unnecessary. However, I did like the focus on Lachlan and Talia's relationship. Also, I enjoyed Lachlan's POV, as his voice felt natural and real. And
Teri Beth
4.5 stars!

Tight Knit was a very sweet read. I enjoyed the story and the ups and downs of the characters. I was easily drawn into the story on the very first page and wanted to continue reading until the end. Talia and Lachlan were great characters and I loved their relationship and how they helped one another since they were both broken. The knitting aspect is what made me buy the book since I'm a beginning knitter (ok, I've attempted knitting and I really wish I was better at it) and I loved ho
Christina Campagnone
Totally taken by surprise by this one, it was wonderful. I loved Talia and Lochlan and was rooting for them the whole time. Their grandmas were the sweetest too. My only issue, the ending. It was so abrupt and it left.me wanting so much more. But this is totally worth the read.
Jessica Louise
I think I just found a new author to add to my favourites list! Great debut novel! Finished it in one day. The next book out by this author looks great too, can't wait!!!
Novel

The main reason I picked this book was because I needed something different to read. I've read a lot of dystopian novels and some adult fictions lately and I figured that it's time to try out something new. When I read the blurb of Tight Knit I got curious because it's about a kid with a panic disorder and is facing a lot of stress. I knew it was exactly what I needed and I read it immediately. I was not disappointed.
"We all harbor little pieces of pain that accumulate inside us. Pain we wish w
Jessica
Loved this, and it was exactly what I had been craving, I was all set to start reading some book I already own that I was kind of 'whatever guess this will do' about and then I saw one of my friends on Goodreads marked this as to-read and I just casually clicked on it to see what it was about, and then I thought, never mind that other book this sounds like more fun.

I really enjoyed it, when I first started reading it, I was super tired but I really wanted to keep reading, (The one time I'm tired
Angela Mclaurin
What first grabbed me was this gorgeous cover! Let's face it....a picture is worth a thousand words and you certainly can judge a book by it's cover. I'm happy to share that the story was just as beautiful as the image on the front of the book. This is the first novel by Allie Brennan and she has delivered a solid mature YA that readers of all ages will love!

The cover, title, and plot were all woven together around Talia. I adored the special relationship that she had with her grandmother, Nan,
Renee
I don't typically read romances, nor do I write reviews about them because I typically do not have anything nice to say.
This book, however, has prompted me to do the exact opposite of that, and I have everything nice to say. I absolutely could not put this book down. I was glued.

Being an introvert and an oddity, I felt such an intense kinship with the main character of the story. She was not the kind of girl who was spun into a panic attack because her stilettos didn't match her dress or becau
Megan
This book is one of the cutest things I have ever read, and that’s saying a lot. It’s the debut baby of my genius cover artist, AllieBrennan, and I’m so glad I moved it up my list.

I was immediately drawn into Talia’s panic-driven world. I wanted to hug her, tuck her into my heart, and strip her of all her fears. With her sweetheart personality, it was heart-wrenching to see her suffer. But panic attacks are something that so many do suffer from, I appreciated this subject being brought to light.
Denise
How cute is this book cover? So cute.

I really liked this story. I'm not usually a fan of the changing POV every chapter back and forth, but it worked well with these characters. This was probably one of the most "real" books I've read in a while. Talia was a female character that I didn't think I'd like, because I had nothing in common with her. She was the type of girl I normally get frustrated with - but this author wrote her so beautifully that I started to feel protective of her.

The ending
Vivienne
It was a great book. A comforter and also a sweetheart, just like the cover suggests. I really loved the characters. :) The old women were funny... no, hilarious, a scream, really, while Talia and Lachlan was a lot like Alex and Brittany from Perfect Chemistry.

It's a lovely story with the slow roll of the American countryside, yet it had some serious big city suburban drama, too.

I absolutely loved it and in the end it was difficult to let the characters go. If I weren't so exhausted I would have
Jenny Morris
I've wanted to read this book for a while. I've seen the cover everywhere. It's super cute. Then I started reading and Lachlan walked it. So not what I expected from this book. He is such a broken person. So many scars and issues. I loved the intensity that these two brought out in each other. I loved that they helped the other person become more whole. The only part that gave me pause was the end felt a tiny bit rushed. **Spoilers** When Gram dies my breath was taken away by the wording she use ...more
★Ruth★
There were elements of this that I loved & others parts not so much.

I found Talia's POV's a little hard at times, I could nearly feel a panic attack coming on myself (which is probably a credit to the author to be fair).
(view spoiler)

I liked Laughlan a lot, he was a great bad boy (view spoiler)
  • Hoax
  • Reasons I Fell for the Funny Fat Friend
  • Picture Perfect
  • Freeing Carter
  • Through the Lens (Through the Lens, #1)
  • Love Unmatched (Unexpected, #2)
  • Snowed Over
  • Captured (Vice, Virtue & Video, #2)
  • Club Ties (Trinity Falls, #2)
  • Spill Over
  • The Kissing Coach
  • Searching for Neverland
  • With Love
  • Tempting Ecstasy (The Guardians of the Realms, #4)
  • Sweet Seduction Shield (Sweet Seduction, #5)
  • Crushed
  • A Blue Tale
  • Far From Heaven (Sweet Disgrace, #2)
I grew up on a farm in the Canadian prairies but got the call of the wild and migrated to the snowy mountains of the North where I spend my non-writing time outside doing outside-things.

I write books about young people.

Young people who love hard and screw up big time. Young people who question the world and push against what's expected of them.

Even if it's layered with sweet romance or a cute p
More about Allie Brennan...
Under the Dusty Sky (Holloway Farms, #1) Of Silk and Fire (A Brennan Novella) Beyond the Infinite Horizon (Holloway Farms, #2)

“Those we love are the only ones worth crying over.” 13 likes
“Sometimes Opposites Attract, and find out they're not as opposite as they thought....” 13 likes