Start by marking “Tight Knit” as Want to Read:
Tight Knit

Tight Knit

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  1,401 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
Talia Gregory relies on her Nan for everything, especially helping her calm the anxiety that controls her life. But Nan gets sick, and it couldn’t be worse timing. Talia’s panic attacks are getting worse, her boyfriend is a jerk, her best friend is distant, her parents are more absent than usual and she’s stuck planning the Cozy Christmas Charity Drive for her knitting gro ...more
Published January 3rd 2013 by Allie B Books (first published December 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tight Knit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tight Knit

Katrina Passick Lumsden
I wanted to like this book. Truly I did. And you would think that being a sufferer of panic attacks myself, I would be able to relate to the female protagonist, Talia Gregory. I suppose I could, in a way. But the overall feeling I had was irritation with Allie Brennan for not providing this poor character with a more interesting personality and maybe a psychiatrist.

The drama surrounding Talia is that she is attempting to control her panic attacks without the aid of medication. While her Nan is
Jolene Perry
This book... Seriously.
Love.

I wanna wrap up Talia in a knit bag and take her home and sorta want Lachlan to pin me against the wall... ;-O

Brennan did a FAB job with her characters, and there's a LOT more to this story than I expected going on, and I LURVED it.
Nyrae Dawn
Oct 25, 2012 Nyrae Dawn rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. Totally fell for Lachlan!
Laura's Book Addiction
Oct 26, 2012 Laura's Book Addiction rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, 2013-wishlist
Ohhh I like the sound of this. Lets hear it for indie authors!!!! Mini review to come
Kimi
Oct 26, 2012 Kimi rated it it was amazing
Finished last night. I knew this was going to be fantastic after reading an excerpt a while ago. This sat on my "can't wait for these to be released" list and then super duper bonus...it came out early and I could not put it down. 5 complete love love love stars :D

Leigh Moore
Oct 25, 2012 Leigh Moore rated it it was amazing
LOVE this book!
Lachlan is totally hot--I will ride his motorcycle any day... LOL!
Great debut! Can't wait for more from this author!

Highly recommend~
Nikki
This is a really AWESOME book! I feel like the blurb just didn't do it justice! The writing was so well done and the characters... Oh man I just love it! I can't even get my thoughts in order right now! If I had been able to, I would have read it all in one sitting. Seriously, it flowed so smoothly I never wanted to put it down! I need to thank my friend Lindsay for recommending this one and then peer pressuring me into buddy reading it with her! [image error] I laughed, I cried, I got so freaki ...more
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Yaaaay, I got this and I CANNOT wait to read it. So of course I'm reading it RIGHT NOW. Ahhhhh! *flails*

~~~

Goodness gracious, THIS BOOK. I feel it in my heart, you guys. ANd it's a happy, tingly feeling. AH! There will definitely be a full review soon.

And I love Lachlan. MY BOY. <3

~~~

Tight Knit by Allie Brennan. Goodness gracious, this book. It is cute and sweet and such a beautifully adorable book, I can't help but to smile right now as I think about it.

It's a story about a boy and a girl
Roberta Capizzi
Jan 02, 2013 Roberta Capizzi rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
I checked out this book at first because I liked the cover and I love knitting, and even though I knew it was a YA and I'm really too old for that, I decided I'd give it a try and downloaded the sample chapters. After reading them, I decided I had to buy it, because I needed to know what would happen to Talia and Lachlan. Who cares I'm not a YA anymore? We've all been there at some point in our lives, haven't we?
Well, I loved the story and the characters - don't we all secretly love bad boys? ;-
I was pleasantly surprised by this book....It wasn't what I expected. I truly LOVED this book. It was such a great YA love story but touched on some serious subject matters. This book sucked me in from the first page and kept me interested throughout the whole book....I couldn't put it down. Lachlan is amazing!!!!! I love his name but I also fell for the person he was. He went through a sh!t storm as a child and made some big mistakes in his life but he came out a better person in the end. I rea ...more
Oct 25, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
There's something about seeing the bad boy that's a marshmallow on the inside that is just so romantic. Thanks for bringing me that in Lachlan!
Dani
Jan 20, 2013 Dani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
★★★★

Having just finished a book that left me feeling rather “meh” and uninspired, I spent part of Sunday night trawling through Amazon’s YA Kindle selection looking for… something. Something new. Something fun. Something cute.

“Ooooo…” I thought to myself as Tight Knit’s cover scrolled into view, “that hat is just abso-freakin’-lutely adorable.” ‘Cause for reals, it is. And I then fired off several memos to myself, because I’m cool like that…

Note to Self #1:
I must get one. The hat, I mean.

Note to
Jaime Arkin
Jan 15, 2013 Jaime Arkin rated it really liked it
From the very first page of Tight Knit I was pulled into the the story of Talia and Lachlan. The title works perfectly for this story too... The knitting is almost like a secondary character here and I loved it.

Talia has been dealing with panic attacks for most of her life and at the urging of her grandmother, Nan, she has gone off her medication, determined to be strong enough to learn how to handle the attacks on her own.

Nan has been her rock for most of her life... as an only child, her par
Justin
Jan 23, 2013 Justin rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh you guys, this book was incredible. I'm trying to figure out where I even want to begin. I had heard about this book through a friend of mine, who said it was a really great book. After having read it, I can see why. If you've followed my reviews, you will know how much I love well written Contemporary works. Tight Knit is definitely up there on my list of favorite Contemporaries now. Allie's writing was really great too, I will get into that more when I talk about the actual story.

I
ChuCha
Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Tali Meets Lannie: The Bad Boy & The Shy Girl.

She's dead shy.
He oozes confidence.

She knew of him - he's bad news.
It was the first time he saw her - she looked so innocent.

It was his Gram's scheme - him meeting her.

But they were like Night & Day.
They're so different....

Yet somehow the same.

♥.♥.♥

The Bad Boy: Lachlan/Lannie

Lachlan has this strange mixture of mysterious bad boy with southern gentlemen with rockstar charm. #swoon

He's been to juvie and currently
♥ Sarah
Jan 02, 2013 ♥ Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-na, romanceland
3.5/5

Tight Knit being a debut novel with very few reviews and all, I didn't know what to expect. But I certainly didn't expect to like Lachlan as much as I did.

Instantly, I was drawn to Lachlan's secrets and mysterious charm, lurking beneath his bad boy exterior. His anger issues could have been explored further, and I felt, the "drug runs" were unnecessary. However, I did like the focus on Lachlan and Talia's relationship. Also, I enjoyed Lachlan's POV, as his voice felt natural and real. And
Kyra
Nov 22, 2012 Kyra rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Goodness.

I picked up Tight Knit, knowing it would be a good read, but all the while wondering about the concept of a teenage girl who knits and hangs out with her nan. It's not your average YA book, that's for sure!

As someone who has had to deal with panic attacks since I was a teenager, I connected with Talia right away. Every detail of how an attack feels, to the complete exhaustion afterwards is written to perfection. Nobody ever talks about the tiredness that comes with an intense at
Melissa
Jan 22, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
So, I liked the premise of this book, but it's was just kind of ok for me. I just couldn't help but feel like I was missing something reading it. It was a little all over the place. I never really felt like Lachlan's back story was explained. Spoilers.......

(view spoiler)
Teri Beth
Dec 31, 2012 Teri Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2013
4.5 stars!

Tight Knit was a very sweet read. I enjoyed the story and the ups and downs of the characters. I was easily drawn into the story on the very first page and wanted to continue reading until the end. Talia and Lachlan were great characters and I loved their relationship and how they helped one another since they were both broken. The knitting aspect is what made me buy the book since I'm a beginning knitter (ok, I've attempted knitting and I really wish I was better at it) and I loved ho
Jessica Louise
Dec 06, 2012 Jessica Louise rated it it was amazing
I think I just found a new author to add to my favourites list! Great debut novel! Finished it in one day. The next book out by this author looks great too, can't wait!!!
Novel
Feb 18, 2013 Novel rated it really liked it

The main reason I picked this book was because I needed something different to read. I've read a lot of dystopian novels and some adult fictions lately and I figured that it's time to try out something new. When I read the blurb of Tight Knit I got curious because it's about a kid with a panic disorder and is facing a lot of stress. I knew it was exactly what I needed and I read it immediately. I was not disappointed.
"We all harbor little pieces of pain that accumulate inside us. Pain we wish w
C.K.
Jun 22, 2013 C.K. rated it it was amazing
I think the cover is really cute.

Talia has suffered from severe anxiety/panic attacks for many years. She was put on medication for awhile and felt numb like a zombie. She goes off the medication and struggles to learn how to control her debilitating anxiety. Lachlan has been dealt some terrible cards in life. He does not like feeling numb and is used to pain. He puts on this tough guy persona when really he is a vulnerable/broken person.

Talia's Nan is president of the Tight Knit Society. It is
Megan
Nov 01, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the cutest things I have ever read, and that’s saying a lot. It’s the debut baby of my genius cover artist, AllieBrennan, and I’m so glad I moved it up my list.

I was immediately drawn into Talia’s panic-driven world. I wanted to hug her, tuck her into my heart, and strip her of all her fears. With her sweetheart personality, it was heart-wrenching to see her suffer. But panic attacks are something that so many do suffer from, I appreciated this subject being brought to light.
Angela Mclaurin
Jan 07, 2013 Angela Mclaurin rated it really liked it
What first grabbed me was this gorgeous cover! Let's face it....a picture is worth a thousand words and you certainly can judge a book by it's cover. I'm happy to share that the story was just as beautiful as the image on the front of the book. This is the first novel by Allie Brennan and she has delivered a solid mature YA that readers of all ages will love!

The cover, title, and plot were all woven together around Talia. I adored the special relationship that she had with her grandmother, Nan,
Jessica
Loved this, and it was exactly what I had been craving, I was all set to start reading some book I already own that I was kind of 'whatever guess this will do' about and then I saw one of my friends on Goodreads marked this as to-read and I just casually clicked on it to see what it was about, and then I thought, never mind that other book this sounds like more fun.

I really enjoyed it, when I first started reading it, I was super tired but I really wanted to keep reading, (The one time I'm tired
Denise
Mar 07, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
How cute is this book cover? So cute.

I really liked this story. I'm not usually a fan of the changing POV every chapter back and forth, but it worked well with these characters. This was probably one of the most "real" books I've read in a while. Talia was a female character that I didn't think I'd like, because I had nothing in common with her. She was the type of girl I normally get frustrated with - but this author wrote her so beautifully that I started to feel protective of her.

The ending
Jenny Morris
Jan 11, 2013 Jenny Morris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've wanted to read this book for a while. I've seen the cover everywhere. It's super cute. Then I started reading and Lachlan walked it. So not what I expected from this book. He is such a broken person. So many scars and issues. I loved the intensity that these two brought out in each other. I loved that they helped the other person become more whole. The only part that gave me pause was the end felt a tiny bit rushed. **Spoilers** When Gram dies my breath was taken away by the wording she use ...more
Vivienne
It was a great book. A comforter and also a sweetheart, just like the cover suggests. I really loved the characters. :) The old women were funny... no, hilarious, a scream, really, while Talia and Lachlan was a lot like Alex and Brittany from Perfect Chemistry.

It's a lovely story with the slow roll of the American countryside, yet it had some serious big city suburban drama, too.

I absolutely loved it and in the end it was difficult to let the characters go. If I weren't so exhausted I would have
P.A. Warren
Talia has panic attacks and has no idea why she has them.Lachlan has had a very hard upbringing and has been in trouble with the law.Knitting club ironically brings these two unlikely people together. Talia's nan is sick so she has to run the club and Lachlan's Grandma Georgina asks him to help with a charity function.

Tight Knit was a superb book.I loved it.Could.Not.Put.It.Down.Ive been waiting for it to release for awhile and Im so glad it did.I LOVED Talia and Lachlan's chemistry was pretty
★Ruth★
There were elements of this that I loved & others parts not so much.

I found Talia's POV's a little hard at times, I could nearly feel a panic attack coming on myself (which is probably a credit to the author to be fair).
(view spoiler)

I liked Laughlan a lot, he was a great bad boy (view spoiler)
  • Hoax
  • Falling
  • The Man Plan
  • How To Heal a Broken Heart
  • Crushed
  • Through the Lens (Through the Lens, #1)
  • Move
  • The Unloved
  • Crumbling Walls
  • Second Rate Chances
  • The Cirque
  • It Was Me (Abby and West, #2)
  • The Truth About Letting Go (The Truth, #2)
I grew up on a farm in the Canadian prairies but got the call of the wild and migrated to the snowy mountains of the North where I spend my non-writing time outside doing outside-things.

I write books about young people.

Young people who love hard and screw up big time. Young people who question the world and push against what's expected of them.

Even if it's layered with sweet romance or a cute p
More about Allie Brennan...

“Those we love are the only ones worth crying over.” 14 likes
“Sometimes Opposites Attract, and find out they're not as opposite as they thought....” 14 likes